Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (20858 Views)

Lazy Mobile Brands Inducing People To Demarket Competitior Brands / Things To Consider When Buying Smartphones. / 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Obagoblog(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
I will be sharing some of the problems of these phones from my little experience.

Disadvantages of Smartphones from unpopular or new Brands

1. Testing Mode
All these newly launched mobile phone companies are too early to give you a standard device like the ones that existing before then. Rome was not built in a day
and a journey of 5000 miles always start with a step. So, these companies will definitely start from somewhere just like their predecessors by producing a low-quality phone with some enticing specs to attract people. That's why their smartphone devices are always cheap and affordable.

2. Scarcity or unavailability of phone parts
Another shortcoming of using these type of phones is the frustration and depression you will get when you discover that you can get a part replacement for your
faulty phone. Am saying this from what I experienced some weeks ago when my Alcatel one touch develop a mouth-piece problem and the only solution is to get
another mouth-pieces because the one inside the phone has been damaged by a careless repairer. But to my greatest surprise, we are unable to get another mouth-pieces
that will work for my phone. No Alcatel office in my area. The only option left for me then was to pick calls with ear pieces.

3. Poor Battery Capacity
Don't be deceive by what you see (battery capacity), many of them don't last long and their rate of charging is always slow. But we do have some of them that
come with good lasting battery especially the ones whose battery are non-removable.

4. Annoying in-built Applications
The most annoying part is when you want to delete them and you find out you can't or if you delete them, there is a probability that your smartphone will start
malfunctioning. If you see apps with languages you don't understand, then you should the phone is designed for countries speaking that particular language only.

5. Softwares are not available online
If you are a tech enthusiasts who love to do wonders with any smartphone you lay your hands on like modifying, customizing, upgrading the ROM, etc, I will advise
you not to try it with these types of smartphone because you might regret it. Even their custom ROM is not available online.

6. Poor Camera
Talking about their rear cameras, they are fair and okay. Why won't they be okay when this is one of the physical features that will entice people to buy their
device. But, believe you me, their front camera will discourage you. A phone with a good rear camera but a poor frontal camera is a no go for me.

7. Poor Multi-tasking
Another con is poor multi-tasking. Even with a good processor type and size and RAM above 1GB, try opening just few Application and your phone will start
lagging because the RAM space left to run the apps with very low as the unnecessary inbuilt apps have taken all the space.

8. No Nearby Office
Do you know the kind of rest of mind you will get and how relaxed you will be when your faulty smartphone is being repaired by repairers working for the mobile
company whose product you are using, Customer care will be there to attend to you and changing of battery, charger and other things will be easier for you.

You can add yours

Source: http://www.obagoblog.com/2016/11/disadvantages-buying-unpopular-smartphones.html

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by AGUBANZE(m): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
Na so i buy one of those phones only to look for the battery through out the whole of my state,see am for where?. Na boys latter construct battery for me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Tbillz(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Standard Organization of Nig are figure heads, no standard, 9ja now a dumpin ground bt the adv of those cheap chips called phones will make well known coys to raise standard further. E.g high samsungs with low batteries nt 2 gud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Youngpo413: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
Example, Gfive, wiko, thl, Asus, gowin and sharp.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by JAWBONE(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Asus is a good phone company with offices in Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Obagoblog(m): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
AGUBANZE:
Na so i buy one of those phones only to look for the battery through out the whole of my state,see am for where?. Na boys latter construct battery for me

Lol... have been there before

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by J4parry(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
Youngpo413:

Asus can't be in that category cos they're already an established brand in China.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by henryobinna(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
nice points you have there OP,

but worst is when you don't check out The Most Comprehensive Guide To Buy Your Next Smartphone http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by hayor2014(m): 4:59am On Nov 10, 2016
Firstly, the popular brands started from somewhere and some people were the first set of users.
Secondly, we have aliexpress and I am pretty sure they can get any phone part or battery you need (the world is a global village).
Thirdly, I have used a Samsung and my xiaomi device has a way better battery.
Finally, have you even checked the prices of these popular devices, not everybody does yahoo yahoo you know.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by matrixx9(m): 6:53am On Nov 10, 2016
You're Totally Wrong.. Very Wrong.. Have you checked LeEco Phones... Even an unpopular phone the Leagoo shark 1 has 6300 mah battery..

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Sharon6(f): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2016
The only point I agree with is Point no 2 but then you can always buy any replacement parts online.
I use a cubot device, cubot h2 to be precise and believe me sincerely this is the best android phone I've used so far. I've used HTC and Samsung but this phone beats them hands down. Battery superb, front camera o, back camera o, 3gb ram, 16gb rom, superb gaming experience etc etc. Although this device is unpopular, I don't have any regret whatsoever.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by rhektor(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2016
J4parry:

Asus can't be in that category cos they're already an established brand in China.

Na China ú dey? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by idris4r83(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2016
ADVANTAGES OF BUYING PHONES FROM UNPOPULAR PHONE MAKERS.
1. They are cheaper in price.
2. They have the same or even better specifications than the big phone maker flagship phones of the same range.
3. They have created a healthy competition which forces the big phone companies to drop their prices.
4. They try to impress their customers so that they can be well accepted.
5. Most of them come with free accessories e.g tecno were once selling their phone with a gift of power bank and jackets.
6. With my small budget I can also have a feel of what the rich dudes buying Samsungs n Xperia are feeling with my unpopular phone.
7. Their parts are very cheap.

24 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by veekid(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2016
E.g tecno

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2016
Which kinda boring post is mynd44 posting dis morning na.

Where is Lalasticlala sef?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by wildchild1: 6:59am On Nov 10, 2016
If it's not Samsung, it can never be Samsung

Check my signature

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by MzMercie: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2016
U r very correct op, I bought one phone like dat, e no last one year, very difficult to get battery replacement, can't even get a new screen, etc. Just had to throw it away. It's better to buy a popular phone brand to avoid unnecessary headache

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by harmbhrosz(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2016
rhektor:

Na China ú dey? undecided
does the topic or the content of the article above addressed to Nigeria? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by rottenPussy: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2016
All are balderdash except for the "Unavailable spare parts"

Apple is a grown company, yet iPhone 7 was flop.

Samsung is grown, yet note 7 was flop. And need I say that Samsung has a poor battery life?

Nokia is grown, yet lagging behind.

Blackberry is trying to catch up.

So get your facts right..

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by eleojo23: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2016
What I check for in a phone are the specs I am looking for.
If I find the specs in an unpopular (chinese) brand, I wouldn't mind buying it as long as it has good reviews from people who have used the phone.
These unpopular brands are cheaper and even offer you good value for money especially if you have a low budget unlike the so-called popular brands which are more expensive. Most times, the expensive price you pay for these popular brands is just for the brand name.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by 1x2x3: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2016
9. Durability

Sometimes I feel these phones are built with 2 years expiry date or less. Once they are dead you can never bring it back to life.

10. No Resale Value.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2016
I use a Malaya Shake 4,it's a new product but it is way better than most tecno and infinix phones. Runs on d latest android O.S Marshmallow 6.0.. camera is on point.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by d33types: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Youngpo413:
Asus? Do you know asus at all?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2016
wildchild1:
If it's not Samsung, it can never be Samsung

Check my signature
imbecilic response.... xiaomi reigns

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by GogetterMD(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2016
Youngpo413:
Remove Asus and THL from your list

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by bonetalk(m): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2016
Sharon6:
The only point I agree with is Point no 2 but then you can always buy any replacement parts online.
I use a cubot device, cubot h2 to be precise and believe me sincerely this is the best android phone I've used so far. I've used HTC and Samsung but this phone beats them hands down. Battery superb, front camera o, back camera o, 3gb ram, 16gb rom, superb gaming experience etc etc. Although this device is unpopular, I don't have any regret whatsoever.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
how much did u get it and from where did u get it?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by initialize(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2016
You shouldn't just create thread to get recognized...

Unpopular doesn't necessarily mean poor quality cos I know phone brands that are unpopular in Nigeria with good quality devices

Try:

Xiaomi

LeEco

Jiayu

Meizu

Lenovo

Zopo

OPO or OnePlus

ZTE

Zopo

So try not to include the Brands above or you put them in an exemption list.

With recent Explosive produced by Samsung and iPhone gymnast (reference to the bend gate issue). Even Popular brands fail quality test sometimes

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by GogetterMD(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2016
Zuk z1 and z2, OnePlus series, Oppo 7. Small companies that came out guns blazing
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by emmyid(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2016
OP, we know al these. But can't help it kos these phones are way cheaper and money yab man! Poverty can make U see d wrong thing as right!

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by bobo65(m): 7:26am On Nov 10, 2016
Youngpo413:

How can u call wiko

rottenPussy:
All are balderdash except for the "Unavailable spare parts"

Apple is a grown company, yet iPhone 7 was flop.

Samsung is grown, yet note 7 was flop. And need I say that Samsung has a poor battery life?

Nokia is grown, yet lagging behind.

Blackberry is trying to catch up.

So get your facts right..

IPhone 7 a flop? shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? / Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.