Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. (633 Views)

I'm Not Marrying My Girlfriend Again, Her Boobs Have Fallen (picture) / "Lady Dumps Her Fiancé For Raising Up His Hand In Attempt To Hit Her" / Good News Ladies! 9ja Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by supernova094(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Apparently, it would seem there are some parts of the Nigerian constitution we regular people don’t know about, and the mere fact that a lady can sue we the guys for jilting them after the promise of marriage (not that I’m one of those type of guys anyway) is nerve racking.

The saying “Ignorance is not an excuse before the law” is firm anyday so please if you’re a Nigerian perusing this… Shine your eye o. And if you’re not a Nigerian, then just feel free to laugh and shake your head at 5 of the most ridiculous laws ever published in the Nigerian constitution…

Breach of promise to marry

If you’re a guy reading this and you live in Nigeria, it means you’re bound by the country’s rules. That said, the Nigerian constitution.. your country’s constitution under the “Marriage Act” clearly states that to jilted a woman, the matter is actionable in court… if you don’t understand what I meant I mean she can sue you and get away with it!

Seriously.

Ladies, don’t get over excited just yet though. There are conditions under which you can or cannot be able to do this. These are..

» There must be evidence before the court that there was a promise of marriage. (In this case I would think an engagement ring could suffice. But if he just said “I’ll marry you by word of mouth, my sister you can’t hold him oh.)

» There must be evidence the party that allegedly failed to marry you really did fail in his obligation. But aside from that it’s a sure fire court case any lady ought to win.

BTW, for the guys you can defend yourself under the Marriage Act also if you can prove that you canceled on your wife to be if you can prove these claims outlined here. (Come on. You didn’t think I’d possibly leave my guys without a way out did you?)

Law against Witchcraft...(Read more at http://thelekkipost.com/good-news-ladies-the-nigerian-constitution/
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by daclint(m): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
Na so , no be only sue even kill sef.lol

That moment trump wins the election...... Nigerians begin to export CAROWHITE to their family members in USA

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by LadyExcellency: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
The only evidence required is street interview of the perception of the personality of the lady in question from the neighbourhood.

The question is normally put like this: Who is Fakolade?

Answers: Is it Musa's wife?

The above answer from three neighbours nails the man.

No questions. Ladies, know your right.
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by Bari22: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
hilarous
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by dingbang(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wat sort of stupid nonsense is that? Is it by force to marry?
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by Jostapo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
Did the same law give chances to guys to sue their wife to be if she jilted him?
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by faorex(m): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
sister shade come and see this and stop crying all around
Re: The Nigerian Constitution Lets You Sue Your Fiancé For Not Marrying You. by Flexherbal(m): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
Jostapo:
Did the same law give chances to guys to sue their wife to be if she jilted him?
I wonder ooo

(1) (Reply)

Why You Can't Get Everything You Want In A Woman / Describe Your Ex With One Word Or A Food... / 3 Years Later Am Now Working Under My Ex(true Life Story) Part 2!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.