Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says (75719 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Kingbuhari(m): 6:04am On Nov 10, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

he is a man of his words..

for that i salute him..

my respect for him just tripped

[img]http://i./l3vRjx5FExk5ezgl2.gif[/img]
I can't still phantom why afonjas are so bittered in this election, what are they going to lose or gain even if Hillary Clinton won, they are acting as King Awolowo just lose an election... you guys are crying more than the bereaved.... TUFIAKWA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by monerozi5590: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2016
sometimes USA election is not a true reflection of the people's choice....... based on popular vote Hilary won.... but trump won the electoral college vote..... please change your constitution to reflect the people's choice.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Kingbuhari(m): 6:11am On Nov 10, 2016
donogaga:
Matching words with action. Only few people stand by their words.

Nice one prof.
If returning back to Nigeria is what u mean by standing by his words ,charlie he failed it woefully, the old man will stand by his words when I saw him burning his green card to ashes, the time he go sneak back to USA you no go know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Kingbuhari(m): 6:14am On Nov 10, 2016
omofunaab:
Wole Soyinka always stands for something.

He stood for biafra during the civil war and he was declared wanted. .right now he is even supporting the igbos agitation for biafra

But i was surprised to see the same igbo people calling our esteem Professor wole Soyinka names.

This is one afonja that has always supported you guys, he was even declared wanted because he was supporting you.

I guess tribalism has blinded many sha
charlie we are just asking him to do the honourable thing and burn his green card to ashes,
Nigerians have known Yoruba's
shiftiness and two sided loud-
mouthing. he should fight for Odua republic because as it stands noe they are the most marginalized in this Present administration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Kingbuhari(m): 6:18am On Nov 10, 2016
Built2last:
Really...The Islamic world is calm today. A viper has been elected. He knows no diplomacy
we need a stubborn man to cow those terrorist around... I think Donald Trump fit the role

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Sisqoman(m): 6:19am On Nov 10, 2016
alai kidi gan oo!

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Kingbuhari(m): 6:23am On Nov 10, 2016
I'm not going to believe that old man.. the godfather of Nigeria cultism until I see him burning Hus green card to ashes.. Nigerians have known Yoruba's
shiftiness and two sided loud-
mouthing.... God personally/ purposely used this election to expose those fake AFONJA pastors , I'm still wondering what afonjas are going to gain or lose in this election, they are just reacting as if Awolowo just lose an election.... children of hate TUFIAKWA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by justtfab(m): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2016
wole baba

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Tonason: 6:25am On Nov 10, 2016
It's good and a welcomed development. Come and dance the kokoma that you helped to play. You started the change mantra and it's here. Now a change has occurred where you ran to, so run back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Tonason: 6:28am On Nov 10, 2016
American mentality is not like your own. They knew that people can vote multiple times thereby giving high numbers, but that doesn't count. Think up
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by baddosky1: 6:28am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:
Welcome home professor and kindly tear their useless green card.

I just love him as he actually kept to his words.

To the disgruntled IPOB members calling him names earlier, you can see he stood by his words hence not speaking from both side of mouths as you clearly states it represents a typical behaviour of an afonja person.

This is someone that stood for your current agitation and fought for u during Biafra war. Don't you think you people are being ungrateful?

Picture of him inside his house in SW and his Green Card in shreds or he is a LIAR!

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by tofolo(m): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2016
Na so.
orijintv:
Nigga Is Comin Back To Nigeria To Chill Until Dis Tearin Of Green Card Issue is Over !! Den Boom , He Go Sneak Enter U.S again ... I Knw Him Scope Na wink

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by banero(m): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2016
bantudra:
trump won??...ohh my. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

okay...whatever...

americans are stvpid as hell..

what now??..

keep on beating up the rest of the world since decades..? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

okay..for nigeria it doesnt realy matter..

make am try yeye...[/quote[quote author=baddosky1 post=50912925]
Picture of him inside his house in SW and his Green Card in shreds or he is a LIAR!
[quote author=bantudra post=50907398]trump won??...ohh my. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

okay...whatever...

what now??..

keep on beating up the rest of the world since decades..? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

make am try yeye...[/quote
you that voted for buhari is sensible abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by wristbangle: 6:43am On Nov 10, 2016
Akinaukwa:
Welcome home sir. Give them their green card abeg, we have enough red cards here.

gringrin

We have so many clowns in this country.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Fourwinds: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2016
orijintv:
Nigga Is Comin Back To Nigeria To Chill Until Dis Tearin Of Green Card Issue is Over !! Den Boom , He Go Sneak Enter U.S again ... I Knw Him Scope Na wink
u know d scope

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by wristbangle: 6:48am On Nov 10, 2016
skywalker240:
Idiot, so after u voted buhari in, you are afraid to stay and experience the change abi?

Any small heat u don run go usa,....you die well

Lol. Goodmorning bro. How was your night?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 10, 2016
donogaga:
Matching words with action. Only few people stand by their words.

Nice one prof.
Pls Mods should create different categories of NAIRALAND based on IQ and reasoning. When did tearing/destroying one's green card become equal to buying air ticket and visiting Nigeria? Besides, what was he even doing there in the first place. USA resemble Ogun state for I'm eyes?. I want to watch a video of Soyinka destroying his green card.
NOTE: I said video. If not, I will NEVER take any Afonja's words serious as usual.

2 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by orijintv(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2016
tongue
mpowa:

I don't no why some people think childish, what makes you people think he can't tear his green card? does he need the green card like most of us? This is a man who've seen it all, he's over 80, he doesn't need all the pleasures most others are running after, he can afford to stay in Nigeria till death and he can even go to other countries like the UK if he wishes.

Bro I Seriously Dnt Knw Why U Take Life Too Serious ... If U Had Been A Little Bit Soft, Yu Wld Hve Seen The Humor In My Post
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by tonio2wo: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2016
monerozi5590:
sometimes USA election is not a true reflection of the people's choice....... based on popular vote Hilary won.... but trump won the electoral college vote..... please change your constitution to reflect the people's choice.

Wetin concern you? Remove the rain forest in your eyes first before taking the speck off ir neighbours eyes.

Tell ur useless, criminal minded evil nigerian politicians to change theirs first. Leave american alone! Theirs is working for them.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by sanachmed: 7:20am On Nov 10, 2016
Kindly disregard the picture details. It was a picture taking at an earlier date while the prof was on Delta airline aboard Nigeria.

Please disregard
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by autonomous22: 7:25am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

To the disgruntled IPOB members calling him names earlier, you can see he stood by his words hence not speaking from both side of mouths as you clearly states it that such feature represents a typical behaviour of an afonja person.

This is someone that stood for your current agitation and fought for u during Biafra war. Don't you think you people are being ungrateful?

And to those who thinks they are having a field day because Trump won, when the dawn of reality comes hereby de porting your peers who send dollars to bail you atimes from this tough economic situation, na that time una eyes go clear!

No problem, make Prof com bak first .......
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by badman007(m): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2016
Timo! Timothy!! Timothy!!!! Mbok where is TB Joshua??
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by pretty16(f): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2016
I have a lot of Respect for Prof Wole Soyinka.

Now I just saw another Caption that says he is not ready to tear his residential permit just yet. Lol. He is only human. grin. Who no like better thing.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2016
bantudra:
trump won??...ohh my. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

okay...whatever...

what now??..

make am try yeye...

They are not stupid. Trump is the beat candidate. Truthful and the one that will save their country. I don't support Trump or Clinton. But I acknowledge the truth when it's evident.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Forwetinnah: 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

To the disgruntled IPOB members calling him names earlier, you can see he stood by his words hence not speaking from both side of mouths as you clearly states it that such feature represents a typical behaviour of an afonja person.

And to those who thinks they are having a field day because Trump won, when the dawn of reality comes hereby de porting your peers who send dollars to bail you atimes from this tough economic situation, na that time una eyes go clear!

Which words? He didn't say he will return to Nigeria, he's been going and coming from time immemorial. He said he "will cut" his green card..yes those were "his words". Until he does that, he's still a coward

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Myself2(m): 8:45am On Nov 10, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Which words? He didn't say he will return to Nigeria, he's been going and coming from time immemorial. He said he "will cut" his green card..yes those were "his words". Until he does that, he's still a coward
Forwetinnah:

Forwetinnah:

GBAM
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by MrOrioye(m): 8:52am On Nov 10, 2016
Is it better here?
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by justy15: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2016
welcome home prof. come let's enjoy the change you convinced us to vote for here in Nigeria. you can also help us get out of this recession with your brilliant ideas because you are part of the reason we voted for PMB n here we are today
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by eodavids(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

do not mistake any person you argue with on the social media to be representing Igbos. Note that a none Igbo can claim to speak for them without you ascertaining
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Mindmirror: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2016
[color=#000099][/color][/i][i][/i][i][i][/i]Sorry to say but it is the truth. Most Nairalanders are people of below average intelligence. They are impulsive and easily led by hearsay and appearances without first getting their facts right. Why should a mere picture showing the prof. on board a plane putting his luggage in place make you conclude he is on board a plane coming back to Nigeria. Did you ask these questions: When was the picture taken? Was the plane which had his picture on board bound for Nigeria or America?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance) / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.