Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan (10434 Views)

Drama At Nat’l Assembly, INEC Officials Storm To Serve Melaye Notice [video] / Emir Sanusi Faults Buhari's Economic Plan / Fg Invites Peace Corps Of Nigeria To Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Rhotiz: 6:07am On Nov 10, 2016
By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

Apparently alarmed at the state of the economy, the Federal Government has invited experts to make vital inputs into its Medium Term National Economic Plan.

The experts include Prof. Akpan Ekpo; Prof. Olu Ajakaiye; Prof Joe Umoh; Dr. Obadiah Mailafia; Dr Ayo Teriba; Dr Dotun Sulaiman; Dr Ayo Salami; Mr Boda Agusto; Mr Bismarck Rewane; Mr Frank Nweke; Engr Mansur Ahmed; and Mrs Adepeju Adebajo.

The move, according to findings, is to enable the experts have a say in the budget process, with a view to making it richer and more beneficial to the nation.

Vanguard learned that the experts are expected to converge on Abuja for two days, beginning tomorrow, to brainstorm on how to fine-tune the 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework, MTEF, being developed by the Ministry of Budget and National Planning and set for publication next month.

Explaining the rationale behind the engagement of the experts, the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, said the outcome of the endeavour, which began with the 2016 Budget and subsequent publication of the SIP, would form the basis for the plan to be made available to the public in December this year.

Udoma said: “We came in focusing on the economy, corruption and security. An economic management team was immediately put in place with the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in charge.

‘’We worked out a plan and started off with the 2016 budget to reflate the economy; then we moved on to the Strategic Implementation Plan, SIP, of the budget.”

The Minister regretted that the SIP document, which had been widely acclaimed as impressive by economic experts and international fiscal agencies, was not publicly launched with fanfare.

Source :- http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/fg-invites-experts-fine-tune-3-year-natl-economic-plan-2/

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by jcross19: 6:17am On Nov 10, 2016
What are they waiting for since!!!!! When some have lost their lives. I pray let it work out the way its planed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2016
Hurry Up I just need 24hours Uninterrupted power supply cool

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by dunkem21(m): 6:25am On Nov 10, 2016
What of Mama d Mama cheesy..

NOI! cool

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Hiploko(m): 6:35am On Nov 10, 2016
Indirectly accepting that they have been joking all these while. Imagine Osinbade as head of 'economic' team... Lmao

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by dgr8truth(m): 6:56am On Nov 10, 2016
President Donald Trump you just have to deport and chase all our Nigerian brothers and sisters who helped campaign for this cerificateless president, they should come home and enjoy the recession they helped enthroned on us all.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2016
After what felt like ages of moonlight dance undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by CoolFreeday(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2016
God bless my President! Hearing from people outside his cabinet is a great way to balance things up!

4 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2016
zuchyblink:
3-year Nat’l Economic Plan that will surely not include South east and exploitative projects in the south south. The thunder wey go fire this FG under Buhari is doing executive meeting with Amadioha
Typical of you people, playing the victim card...Thank God Frank Nweke is on the team, else this thread would have gotten to its 4th page by now

7 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Firefire(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Clueless government now ready to seek support.

16 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Thisis2raw(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Nice move. But am moved to ask, is FG confuse?

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by kings09(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Fine tune ke, Buhari get plan before? Wait oo, tot Prof Osinbajo was leading a sound economic team. Basic plan for d economy, they can't come up wit it. This govt is truly useless.

Pls experts, do d needful n whr is Ifeanyi Ubah? undecided

7 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Olasco93: 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Nice move I must say. Though, this is what Government should have done from inception, but trust humans, they would rather wait and experience what others experienced before taking the right steps.
Also, the way the economy is as at today, the so called 2days for the 2017-2019 METF is too small, 1 or 2weeks would have been better for them to properly analyze the dismal state of the economy.
May God help the Panel to come up with better ideas and profer a better solution that will turn things around, but I also know they are not Magicians, it would take some time before things pick-up no matter how Best the outcome.

6 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by gurunlocker: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2016
This is another sign to show that this government lead by a dullard wasn't read to lead this country....... They just wanted to chase out previous administration at all cost.

They are now looking for expert after 18 months abi

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by samtin(m): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2016
Now that Trump has won the US presidency, i see good fortune coming. Good Move FG. Lets hope this yields positivity.

BTW, today is my Birthday. I dedicate this day to God Almighty, my parents and to you fellow nairalanders. You are so amazing. Please show me some love

6 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by Ijetrums(f): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2016
They finally want to make one naira equal to a dollar

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by bignero: 8:15am On Nov 10, 2016
long over due

why send foreign mercenaries packing

this dullhari is really dull

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by czaratwork: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2016
The list is not conclusive. I have not seen my name.
Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by yurme(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2016
till next year before em finish.

1 Like

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by dunkem21(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2016
Hiploko:
Indirectly accepting that they have been joking all these while. Imagine Osinbade as head of 'economic' team... Lmao

LOL cheesy

7 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by kings09(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2016
Shame no go gree APC
dunkem21:
What of Mama d Mama cheesy..

NOI! cool

7 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by greenermodels: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2016
1)how much would they borrow to sponsor it?
2)what national assets would they self to sponsor the construction of another asset to be sold below value in their second tenure
3)how many of the projects are located in the north?
4)the only article of diversification there is the aggressive search for oil in the north with trillions that could have been invested in agriculture, power, housing, transportation, education and training, health etc

3 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by BjDreamchaser(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2016
Igbos stop deceiving yourselves by thinking Donald Trump would help you in getting your Biafra. Biafra is dead on arrival, you guys should better wake up from your slumber.

4 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by dunkem21(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2016
kings09:
Shame no go gree APC

Lets keep running in circles till they swallow their shame ..

Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala wouldve been screaming for GEJ's resignation.

5 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by zuchyblink(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2016
3-year Nat’l Economic Plan that will surely not include South east and exploitative projects in the south south. The thunder wey go fire this FG under Buhari is doing executive meeting with Amadioha

8 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by eazydon(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2016
So you guys are just waking up?

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by AreaFada2: 8:23am On Nov 10, 2016
Na wa o. Could this not have been done in the first 6 months when there were no ministers? They told us Buhari needs no economic team.
So that ministers will now be implementing well thought out policies from the first day in office. Hmmmmmm.

7 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by kings09(m): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2016
Ofcos. Nigerians now realise they r only good for opposition not governance
dunkem21:

Lets keep running in circles till they swallow their shame ..

Alhaji Lai Lalasticlala wouldve been screaming for GEJ's resignation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Invites Experts To Fine-tune 3-year Nat’l Economic Plan by buchilino(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2016
CoolFreeday:
God bless my President! Hearing from people outside his cabinet is a great way to balance things up!

ABEG I FIT BORROW SMALL GARRI FROM U, COS IT LOOKS LIKE DIS RECESSION NO REACH UR SIDE.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Launches 5-Year Plan To Tackle Insecurity / Driver Beats Lastma Chief With Charms / Fashola And Akpabio.. Who Is A Better Governor???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.