Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:16 PM

White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport (2037 Views)

Meet Iranian Man Who Has Lived In A Paris Airport Since 1988 Because He Lost His / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? / Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by manuch(m): 2:09am On Nov 01, 2009
an english friend of mine(white) with Nigerian citizenship and nigerian passport,at CDG Paris airport was stopped by a french immigration and queried why he has an African passport since he is not black .the immifration officer was a black man .
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by VOR(m): 2:17am On Nov 01, 2009
And, ?

Simply out of curiosity I might ask how such a person qualified for a Nigerian passport.
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by phuckNL: 2:20am On Nov 01, 2009
I was going to ask the same thing because i know it is [size=19pt]very difficult [/size] to obtain [size=19pt]genuine/original naija citizenship [/size] even for foreigners born in Nigeria.
I am sure the immigration officer is aware of the scenario. He probably is also aware that people buy Nigerian passports at "farmers markets" hence the suspicion.
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by mevisbleek: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2009
its not difficlt to get a nigerian passport as a white man, at least i have a nigerian passport.
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by cvibe: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ poster,

You didn't finish the story.
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by redsky1: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2009
is this really a topic - i get stopped all the time i'm always asked how i have a british passport but was born in nigeria

really is a non issue and non topic
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by MrCrackles(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2009
Topic. . . .
OK!
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by tRoOE(f): 6:04am On Nov 04, 2009
kini big deal undecided
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2009
manuch:

an english friend of mine(white) with Nigerian citizenship and nigerian passport,at CDG Paris airport was stopped by a french immigration and queried why he has an African passport since he is not black .the immifration officer was a black man .

So? undecided
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by omar22(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2009
Me and cousin were grilled and even locked up in Italy because we were carrying a British passport. we managed to get hold of the British High Commission in Italy who came to our rescued!
what horrible experience we then pushed for compensation, at the end they only offered us 3000 euros each plus 2 return tickets each to Nigeria FREE to be used before the end of 1999

A lawyer advised us that we should reject the offer that he could get us more, close to £100000, but I was prepared to through those hassles but looking back with hindsight, may be I should had squeezed the Italians balls,
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by ow11(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
omar22:

Me and cousin were grilled and even locked up in Italy because we were carrying a British passport. we managed to get hold of the British High Commission in Italy who came to our rescued!
what horrible experience we then pushed for compensation, at the end they only offered us 3000 euros each plus 2 return tickets each to Nigeria FREE to be used before the end of 1999

A lawyer advised us that we should reject the offer that he could get us more, close to £100000, but I was prepared to through those hassles but looking back with hindsight, may be I should had squeezed the Italians balls,

Horrid experience! BUT I just have a question, Italians did not start spending euros until 2002, How would they offer you euros when you cannot cash it?
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by johnkent(m): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2009
ow11:

Horrid experience! BUT I just have a question, Italians did not start spending euros until 2002, How would they offer you euros when you cannot cash it?
haha. dont ask questions. Just read the stories.LOL
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by omar22(m): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2009

I converted into euros as in todays money because it was in Millions and millions of lire, it was around £2500
Re: White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport by yommyuk: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
uptill around the late 90s, it was not very common for most developed nations immigration officials to come across Blacks with EC passports.
That perspective has changed over the past 5 yrs due to the increase of people holding EC passport via naturalization or relocating to their place of brith.

As for the white man(Nigerian Citizen), what comes around, goes around sad
Don't be surprised, The blacks have been going thru this hassle for decades.

(1) (Reply)

Study Free In Istanbul Turkey For Absolutely Free. Apply Now! / How Do I Get To Victoria Island From Sango Ota / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.