Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students (20054 Views)

The Plight Of The Nigerian Student / Futo School Fees Payment Portal To Be Closed On 31st / Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Ebiezprada(m): 10:10am On Nov 10, 2016
I as an individual have a 100% support for technological advancement but things have to be done at the right time and in the right way! At this point in time, what exactly does FUTO students need?
The school management is well aware what students pass through standing on long queues just to perform one simple transaction or the other at the bank being that there is the presence of only one bank (Diamond bank) in the whole of Federal University Of Technology, 0werri. Instead of thinking of bringing in more banks of which I know so many are willing to come into FUTO to reduce the stress on students and some other lecturers who patronise the bank, they are only interested in bringing WiFi into FUTO. Though WiFi isn't a bad idea for me if I may say but that shouldn't be the best idea for students at this time.
Some students do not even have the phones that can make use of WiFi of while others prefer their one thousand naira (#1,000) monthly subscription which they trust more than paying the sum of eight thousand naira (#8,000) for something they may end up not making using of throughout their stay in the FUTO community.
FUTO students say *NO* to the increase of their school fees, FUTO students say *NO* to the introduction of WiFi if it should be the cause for the increment." While we are busy struggling with the recession, there is no need of increasing the school fees because of WiFi.
Some students miss their exams on many occasions because they couldn't pay their school fees so why the increase?
This is just like 'adding more burdens to the already exhausted person.'
The Federal Government of Nigeria also has to look into this matter and also do something about the regulation of the amount of school fees being paid by students of educational institutions owned by the Federal Government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
I smell strike

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by preciousMI1(f): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
THIS IS A GHENGHEN Something

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by wizzlyd(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Ok
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Ovokoo: 6:46am On Nov 11, 2016
So, basically the school fees was increased because of WiFi?

5 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by jeff1993: 6:46am On Nov 11, 2016
g
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by BrutalJab: 6:47am On Nov 11, 2016
. At least you guys were told what the money represents.

Oshiomole in connivance with his cousin who doubles as the SUG president increased AAU school fees to about 300% without any information on what it will be used for.

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Vstuffs(m): 6:48am On Nov 11, 2016
Hum

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by jammyunn(m): 6:48am On Nov 11, 2016
they're going to pay the extra...they did the same at UNN including laptop fees but my set had already left (don't know how it turned out eventually). the students actually need those but the timing and amount in increment makes it difficult.

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2016
So no new bank in futo still?the level of administrative corruption in that school is too much

3 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by rafabenitez: 6:49am On Nov 11, 2016
What is hapening in my almamater,students,futoites stand up fr ur rights say no to increment,i siffered a great deal wen i was dere cos of that bank issue,bsides i laff at dat wifi rubbish it cant work in futo,its gonna crash imagine paying 8k fr wifi each student,EFCC WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR,GO AFTER THESE CROOKS PLS

6 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by ayodotcom(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2016
Universities and misplaced priorities

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by EmmanuelNyong21(m): 6:50am On Nov 11, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] nawaooh dey world is turning to something else ooh, why wifi for dey first place to bring confusion to dey students?
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by luciouscookie: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2016
Imagine only one bank in such a big school That must be really frustrating for the students.

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by dingbang(m): 6:57am On Nov 11, 2016
One bank in a whole federal university?

What a disgrace! What a shame!

Futo should just be regarded as a federal polytechnic

4 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 11, 2016
IPOB yoots would be so disappointed not to have found any reason to blame Rochas

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by wethebest(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2016
Naija, i hail thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by DrayZee: 7:00am On Nov 11, 2016
The truth about futo and most of imo state is that there is corruption there lipsrsealed. Imagine the former VC, given money to build stuff, instead he steals from it and leave the buildings uncompleted. Now the new VC wouldn't want to touch such buildings so as to not be affected by the practices of the former one. Instead he is building totally new ones. Now the school is full of uncompleted buildings.

Now this one wants to bring Wifi and use it as an excuse to increase the fees. Probably to cover up for the excesses of all the money he has stolen.
This wifi they want to bring now, I'm sure it will be worse than using Starcomms on an Android phone undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by elskillful: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2016
who wifi epp in this recession,our educational system is just so wack,the school though a school of tech is not yet ready for such
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by favexx(f): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2016
Biko how much is the new school fees ooo lemme start padding my budget

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by favexx(f): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2016
Tridenttt:
I smell strike
in that secondary skul?
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:08am On Nov 11, 2016
My alma mater.

Fvckin university angry

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Handsomecole(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2016
It's so unfortunate. To me it's not like WiFi is not a good initiative, you can't even compare it to normal phone sub, cos it's faster. Using the Wifi in OAU as an example with N100 you have 24hrs access to the Internet and if the service is good u can download as many videos or other items as possible which is not quite so with your phone sub.
However, using that as a basis for school fee increment is very wrong.

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Danny287(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2016
Na wa o now all schools want to increase school fees I tire for this country o even under recession people still do things without consideration

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Panoply: 7:13am On Nov 11, 2016
Hello Ebiezprada:

Being a student like yourself, I must say that i feel your pain bro.

However, you can get this plight and any other plight of yours or that of your community or society featured on www.streetplight.com which is dedicated to stuffs like this. if your interested pls forward it in an organized article format to streetplight@yahoo.com and get responses from well meaning people.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by CharlieMaria(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2016
House Rep in union with EFCC Pls why not focus on MATTERS like this and fish out the corrupt ones who extort students of the little they have? You have a lot of work, yet you waste your time trying to suffocate the masses. Even the MMM we are using to survive you people are opposing it. I smh for you guys
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by chicobaddest(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2016
Great Nigerian Students.
Our Life's has been frustrated enough by the Management of FUTO.
We the students do not need an increment in the school fees for unnecessary things like Transportation and WiFi.
#13000 naira school fees increment is too much for us in this recession on things that don't matter
The Management has imposed it on us.
They make decisions drastically affects the student of Futo.
Those meant to speak for us have been quiet so I guess it's time we speak for ourselves. We should use the advantage that the hashtag #InFuto already exists and take to twitter to create awareness with the protest hashtag #MoreBanksNotWifi #InFuto and tweet what you feel the Federal University Of Technology should do
Remember Change starts with you
This Message is Brought to you by concerned Futo students
Rebroadcast to create awareness

2 Likes

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by Emassive(m): 7:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Change

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by eitsei(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2016
Make futa sha no try rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by nely(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2016
WiFi #8000, for wetin na, even Yahoo boys no de pays such amount this days
Re: RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students by chicobaddest(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2016
PLEASE EVERYBODY READ THIS.
FUTO PLANS EXPOSED....
MY STAND ON THE SO CALLED INCREASE IN THE SCHOOL FEES BY 13000k
My Attention Has Been Drawn To The Recent Plan By The School Authority To Increase The School Fess By 13000 On The Basis Of The Establishment Of Free WIFI And Free Transport.
The Idea Of Free Transport And Free WIFI Is Laughable And At The Same Time Applaudable.
It Is Now Clear That Futo Is Now Down To Extort Students By All Means.
Futo You Increased Our Acceptance Fee From 40Thousand To 42500 We Did Not Complain And We Jejely Went And Payed It And Now You Want To Increase Our Fess By 13000?
How Can You Increase A School Fees At This Point Of Economic Recession When Our Parents Who Most Of Them Are Civil Servents Are Not Payed Their Salaries Or Even If The Government Manages To Pay,They Pay 70%.
Why Should You Use Free WIFI As A Means To Extort Us.
Now Futo Let Me Ask You This:
How Many Of We Students Have Browsing Phones?
Even If We Do How Many Of We Students Have Time To Browse After The Stressful School Activity?
90% Of Us Might Not Even For One Day Use The Free WIFI.
How Many Of We Students Live In The Hostel(That Is Even If The Free WIFI Is 24Hours Runing)
This Free Transport Own Is Even Making Me Laugh At Futo The More.
Please You Guys Should Elaborate More On This Free Transport Of A Thing Because I Dont Understand A Bit About It.
Does It Mean That Futo Will Provide Cars That Will Be Picking Us From Our Different Lodges EveryMorning And Taking Us Back After Lectures?
Futo Thank You!!! I Have Legs. Keep The Free Transport Let Me Save The 1300 And Trek.The Economy Is Bad.
Futo Tried to Extort Money From Students When They Made Supplementary Open To Students That Did Not Even Choose The School In Jamb And Asked Them To Pay 13k Buh Unfortuantely For Them Only Very Few Applied And They Dint Make Much Money So That Is Why They Have Shifted The 13k To Us.
They Said The Free WIFI FEE Will Be Added To The ICT Fee Which Students Normally Pay.
FUTO ICT IS THE WORST PLACE YOU CAN EVER BE AS A STUDENT.
WE PAY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR THEIR SERVICE BUT THEY RENDER NOTHING TO US
THEIR WEBSITES ARE NEVER UPDATED WITH INFORMATION AND YET WE PAY FOR THEIR SERVICE.
A STUDENT WILL HAVE A PROBLEM IN HIS PORTAL AND WILL GO TO FUTO ICT FOR HELP AND THEY WILL STILL CHARGE YOU 2K OR MORE FOR A SERVICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR. IF YOU DONT PAY,THEN BE READY TO STAY FOR MONTHS BEFORE YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!
FUTO YOU HAVE EXTORTED US TOO MUCH AND WE CANT ALLOW THIS ANY FUTHER.
THE SUG ONLY TYPED LONG SPEECHES WHEN THEY COULD NOT EVEN DO ANYTHING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE.
WE VOTED YOU GUYS FOR ACTION AND NOT LONG SPEECHES.
YEAR ONES AND ALL LEVELS PUT TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THIS.
WE CAN STAND AND COME TOGETHER AND SAY NO TO EXTORTION.
I AM AN UNINTIMIDATED NIGERIAN STUDENT WHO HAS NO FEAR FOR ANYBODY WHEN I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH.
Please Let Us Come Together And Oppose This Motion.
We Cant Pay 13k.
THIS IS A TIME WE SHOULD UNITE WITH ONE ANOTHER
THIS IS A FIGHT FOR ALL AND TOGHTER WE CAN DO IT
#PLEASE KEEP REBROADCASTING UNTIL THE SUG PRESIDENT AND HIS EXCOS READ THIS
#TogtherWeCanDoIt#

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For 2015 Nnpc/mpn (exxon Mobil) Scholarship Exam / OAU Management Announces Indefinite Strike on Orisun FM / Common Vocabulary Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.