Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid (18359 Views)

Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra / Lagos State Govt Opens Bid For Award Of Contracts Of 181 Roads. Check the List! / Governor Badaru To Construct 90 Mosques In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Urukpe: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
No fewer than 78 construction companies are competing for contracts for construction of 90 mosques in Jigawa.

Muhammad Musa, Chairman, Tender Board Committee for the project, made this known in a statement on Thursday in Dutse.

Mr. Musa, the Permanent Secretary, Administration and Finance, Office of the Secretary to the State Government, said that three mosques would be constructed in each of the 30 constituencies of the state.

He gave the assurance that due process would be followed in awarding the contracts, adding that the Technical Evaluation Committee for the bidding would be fair.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/215011-jigawa-govt-opens-bid-construction-90-mosques.html

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by ShinnBet: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
Is this what they all went to Saudi Arabia to collect money from their Wahabbi masters?

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by richidinho(m): 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
If them like make dem relocate Mecca to Jigawa... e no concern muo na deir land, but if anybody carry conny conny way want come colonize "my south" using Ranches as an excuse.... We go all die together

Ibadan and kwara don teach me lesson ... okwaya

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by suyamasta(m): 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
No priority at all!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
Resources they are supposed to use to acquire a very okay Internal Generated Revenue, they are using it on irrelevant projects.
What a total misplaced priority!!!

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by freeze001(f): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
With all the hunger and painful lack of development it is mosques they want to build? shocked Why all this madness and lack of priority?

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by ShinnBet: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
derespect:
Resources they are supposed to use to acquire a very okay Internal Generated Revenue, they are using it on irrelevant projects.
What a total misplaced priority!!!

And those 90 mosques will have 90 Imams and a retinue of mallams loitering about doing nothing but recite the Koran and fumble with almajiri butts. And the. Worst part is that they will be on the state Govt's payroll.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by KELVINXY: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
islamising Nigeria still the top agenda.
and
the so called Christian leaders and men of God are there enriching their pockets,fighting wars in-between their greedy selves and babbling about politics.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by zakim(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
I believe there're christian in the state....what are the numbers of churches to be construct...?

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Sall(m): 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
When will this people ever think of moving forward for goodness sake .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by AustineE1: 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nigeria indeed is in a big mess,at a time when the nation is faced with reccession,some religious bigots down north,are using government scarce resourses to build mosque,what happens to building industries,roads,schools and other social amenities.
When did Nigeria stopped being a secular nation,that a particular religion is now held above the state.
This is exactly why some regions will never accept re-structuring or true federalism because they only survive on others and deceive their uneducated gullible populace with religiosity!
These kind of over zealousness by some northern governors,was what led to the formation of boko haram and constant unabated religious riots in the north,there people are meant to believe that the north is the custodian of Islam in Africa and hence will lead any action for or against Islam!
I give up on northern Nigeria.
...and yet PMB wants to borrow money to ease reccession,while your governors have excess money to the point of building 90 mosque. Nigeria indeed is a laughing stock in the comity of nations. When leadership has been thrown to the dogs,this is what you get. The comic drama has just begun!!!

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nice one good governor.

All the north need are mosques and nothing else.

And it must be with government money gotten from Niger Delta oil and not private donations like non muslims do.

They need to pray.

Islam is the best.

All@h is the solution to all problems.

Jigawa governor is the greatest governor of all times.

He is greater than Awolo..

Wailers can wail.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Pavore9: 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
Even if their children dey carry last for National common entrance, NECO, WAEC, JAMB, e no concern them....Operation 90 Mosques we must build despite their very low human capital development! cheesy cheesy cheesy

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by hahn(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
Pavore9:
Even if their children dey carry last for National common entrance, NECO, WAEC, JAMB, e no concern them....Operation 90 Mosques we must be build despite their very low human capital development! cheesy cheesy cheesy

And they will have the audacity to argue that religion is not a problem undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by mensdept: 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
What more evidence do you need about coming from a zoo. See Nigerians scared of a Trump victory because they are thinking of how to go to yankee to give birth for blue passport. Meanwhile, they had and have a place in Africa they could develop and start running things like Russia, but no, only mosque ina state that has not a drop of oil.

Too bad and no wonder Buhari doesn't want to hear anything IPOB....LOL

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Pavore9: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

And they will have the audacity to argue that religion is not a problem undecided

It has distorted their reasoning!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by NafeesaAA(f): 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
Am from Jigawa state and i must confess this my Governor is a Joke, a verified patent failure of oympic proportion. The cost of these Mosques can build a decent hospital to cater to the health of our people, or a decent school to educate our children, or a decent factory to keep our people gainfully employed.

People are starving, dying and committing crimes because of low standard of living and you are devoting scare state funds into building place of worship that virtually litter everywhere in Jigawa state.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Blue3k(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
Lol this sad. Instead of focusing on literacy and education, work programs, infastrure they're building mosques.

These people want to recite Koran you can't read.

Second whats point of government building these religious houses they can't tax. Will these investmentd pay off long term.

Fun facts about Jigawa state:

Gdp 2010 - $3 billion
Per capita gdp 2010 - $673
Adult literacy rate - 53.6%

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Paperwhite(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Am from Jigawa state and i must confess this my Governor is a Joke, a verified patent failure of oympic proportion. The cost of these Mosques can build a decent hospital to cater to the health of our people, or a decent school to educate our children, or a decent factory to keep our people gainfully employed.

People are starving, dying and committing crimes because of low standard of living and you are devoting scare state funds into building place of worship that virtually litter everywhere in Jigawa state.
You must be one among the exceptional few. kiss

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
angry

3 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Lanretoye(m): 11:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mosques too are now part of basic infrastructures that leads to economic growth,at least the govt can employ more Alfas and imams,instead of teachers and doctors.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by justmenoni: 3:27am On Nov 11, 2016
Bro, it concerns everyone... it won't concern anyone if they're using resources from their land to construct such mosques, but if they are using funds from FG then it does concerns you.,

richidinho:
If them like make dem relocate Mecca to Jigawa... e no consign muo na deir land, but if anybody carry conny conny want come colonize my south using Ranches as excuse.... We go all die together

Ibadan and kwara don teach me leason ... okwaya

8 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by jumobi1(m): 3:32am On Nov 11, 2016
I'm not a Nigerian Constitutional scholar but this sounds unconstitutional. No separation of Religion and state?

8 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Blue3k(m): 3:44am On Nov 11, 2016
NafeesaAA:

Hopefully you guys kick these guys out. Your state house of Assembly and govenor. This kind of spending doesn't make sense. Maybe you should run if your interested.

jumobi1:
I'm not a Nigerian Constitutional scholar but this sounds unconstitutional. No separation of Religion and state?

Rule of law is a joke. When nearly half of population in state can't read. They will accept all manner of foolishness. I also read on nairaland northern government spend state funds on pilgrimage to mecca.

13 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 11, 2016
Dumb northerners...always carrying first in stupidity dts y their yoots end up in sambisa forest n are used by JTF 4 target practice.

16 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by richidinho(m): 5:38am On Nov 11, 2016
justmenoni:
Bro, it concerns everyone... it won't concern anyone if they're using resources from their land to construct such mosques, but if they are using funds from FG then it does concerns you.,

Too much grammar na im u dey wag so... No be FG money, na state govt momey, LadyF grin

1 Like

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by fitzmayowa: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2016
I wonder how the construction of mosques will improve the lives of those in jigawa state...

Instead of building infrastructure that will benefit all, the joke of a governor decides in his own wisdom to use the scarce fund to construct 90 mosques...

This crap can only happen in nigeria...SMH

7 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:59am On Nov 11, 2016
Too Much Religion grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2016
Oh my God....

Its just amazing how you have a population with low income earners, high birth rate, no jobs, no exports, cant pay salaries and all you could come up with is mosques?...

Does state govt build churches?
Are religious bodies taxed? How do you recoup the monies?
Would the mosque bring about employment?
can the IGR of jigawa state single handedly build the 90 mosques?

Other regions are seriously short-changed

Regionalism is just the way forward, that way you spend what you earn..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2016
I hope he will also construct 50 churches, 50 Okija shrines, and 50 Ogun Shrines..............Why am I being paired into the same country with these people!

6 Likes

Re: Jigawa To Construct 90 Mosques, Opens Bid by omenka(m): 6:05am On Nov 11, 2016
Tufiakwa!!!!

This news almost made me throw up. This has got to be one of the worst decisions ever to be taken by mankind!

Tufiakwa!! angry

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onnoghen Absent From CCT Over Toothache, High Blood Pressure / EFCC Insists Diezani’s $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone Beyond Income / IGP holds First Virtual Conference With Strategic Managers Of The Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.