Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Who Is Barack Obama? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Barack Obama? (2177 Views)

No / Who Is Barack Obama? / Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2007
Mr Barack Hussein Obama

He's a son of a white American mother and an African (Kenyan) father.
A Civil rights attorney.
A true leader.
He graduated from Columbia University in 1983 and also graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991.

Obama was the first African American president of Harvard Law review.
The man is extremely intelligent, articulate and very confortable in every environment under any circumstances.
I truly admire the man;his state of mind is magnificent, his voice is powerful, his selected words are galvanizing and his ways are stupendous.

Please, be bold and proud to give him your 101% support.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2007
Do you truly think white folks in America will allow Mr Barack Hussein Obama to become the next United States president?
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2007
Yes, he has credibility and charisma, articulate, but it will be tough
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2007
The guy doesn't have what it takes to rule America and is being set up for failure. He should chill out at the moment!
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2007
What do you need to rule America, white flesh?
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

What do you need to rule America, white flesh?

Go figure, I never said anything about the guy's skin colour. How long has he served in the senate? How big is his political base? What is the guy's stance on issues (the guy is a known flip-flopper)?. . . The guy needs to gain more political clout that CNN hype to make it happen.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by McKren(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2007
The guy needs to gain more political clout that CNN hype to make it happen.

Is confusing him for Osama part of the hype?
Forget it anyblack man anywhere in the world need to support the guy.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2007
McKren:

Is confusing him for Osama part of the hype?
Forget it anyblack man anywhere in the world need to support the guy.

Why?. . . I don't vote for colour, I vote for issues and that is what anyone should do. I don't even know what this guy actually stands for, how do I know he'll make policies that will favour Africa and not go up there acting like a tool a la Condoleeza Rice?
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by McKren(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2007
If you are waiting for any American president to make policies that will favour Africa then you will wait forever. Democrats or Republicans their foreign policy will always be the same cos what they pursue is National Interest. Africans can only negotiate better deals with the west using their resources.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2007
Donzman MR London and Canada what do you know about US policies, if any one can lead us to the next stage its OBAMA. Duh, we have Bush there now and I can assure you OBAMA FROM WINDY CITY will do just fine.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2007
McKren:

If you are waiting for any American president to make policies that will favour Africa then you will wait forever. Democrats or Republicans their foreign policy will always be the same because what they pursue is National Interest. Africans can only negotiate better deals with the west using their resources.

If he's going to adopt the same approach as other presidents towards Africa then I have no reason to be favourably biased towards him. Unless you talk about the issue of self-pride but Kofi Annan as UN president didn't exactly change my life.

MAMAJAMA:

Donzman MR London and Canada what do you know about US policies, if any one can lead us to the next stage its OBAMA. Duh, we have Bush there now and I can assure you OBAMA FROM WINDY CITY will do just fine.

He'll do just fine but the issue is getting in there and imposing his will. Politics is Bush's family business so they know the ins and outs of the game. Obama?. . . I still do not know what this guy stands for, can you tell me Mr. Chicago?

By the way, I live in London, Ontario, Canada. It's not that far away from Chicago so watch yourself!
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by McKren(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2007
Politics is Bush's family business so they know the ins and outs of the game.

Donzman you need to come to terms with reality. Where was Bush and his family during the mid term elections.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2007
McKren:

Donzman you need to come to terms with reality. Where was Bush and his family during the mid term elections.

The reality is that if they hold new elections now in the US, I won't be surprised to see Bush defeating anyone else.

That's beside the fact though, let's focus on Obama. Can someone tell me this guy's stance on issues like:

The War in iraq
Darfur
Somalia
Sweatshops
The huge prison population in the U.S.
Governance in Africa
Racism in Europe
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2007
Donzman , last time I check Canada is like 9 hours drive from CHI town, and London is like 6.30 flight.  Look at his constituency in Chicago, this guy has my vote and to be the 1st Black African descent president will be a pride to AFRICA
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2007
OBAMA publicly took aids test in south Africa. How many leaders or politicians have you seen done that?
just google his name, and he was raised by a single mother and to accomplished the things he has done, haba, the shy is the limit for this man.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by McKren(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2007
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2007
[size=28pt]KUDOS McKren [/size]
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Vongauche(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2007
q:Who Is Barack Obama?

a: who cares?! tongue
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2007
McKren:

http://obama.senate.gov/issues/

That link proves what I think about Obama, the guy isn't exactly proactive and doesn't take a solid stance on issues. I'll rather have Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson as president, atleast I know what they stand for on issues concerning me. grin
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by lewa(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2007
America is not ready for a black/latino/coloured/female president!It's as good as that!Obama is charismatic, well educated and suave but it's not enough!The powers that be would pull the plug when his 15 mins are up!Until then let the 'hoohs and hahs' go on!
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by McKren(m): 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2007
@ Lewa,
Every knows he will not get there but dont understand why Obama will be mistaken for Osama.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2007
The brother is bright, I think he has a very good chance to be the next United States president.

Americans are scared, desperate and more educated; if Obama keeps his nose cleaned, I think these folks are ready to buy what he's selling.

Eventhough at this point in time in United States, it looks and sounds better for him to run as a VP to John Edward; but something keeps telling me that this brother is for real and can just surprise all by making it happen by himself.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2007
It's not about racism anymore in United States, it's about individual class and what have you done for me lately.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by Mamajama(m): 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2007
Big B1 are you sure, racism is still a big issue in this country. and there are people that will never vote democrats because they call it the Black peoples party.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2007
United States citizens are getting smarter, hungry, scared and desperate.

At this point in time, if your goods are perfect, they will buy it.

It's time for change.

Furthermore, brothers are very serious out there and they are starting to hold things down very tight.

No need to think negatively or disable self without a fight. It would only get better for black folks in United States. I say "OBAMA, Go get yours"
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by 4Play(m): 3:30am On Jan 06, 2007
I do not know much about what Obama has in his store in term of detailed policy positions

At some point he has has to present a coherent case as to why he is more deserving of the presidency than the other contenders

Is he really a better candidate than Rudy Guliani,Hillary Clinton or John McCain.

it won't be enough that he is black,I won't support anyone just because he is black if he is not the best candidate

By the way,some African Americans are not so enthusiastic about Obama partly because he is a Continental African as opposed to a descendant of freed slaves
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by ZuluNation(m): 3:56am On Jan 06, 2007
I can't stand Obama, he is a very intelligent man yes and looks good on TV, but it takes more than that to win an election. What are his voting record, where does he stand on immigration. How much money can he raise  for his bit for the presidency. Can he convince a farmer in the deep south, a corn farmer in the mid-west or some cowboy in the South West to vote for him. Anyways better him than Hilary Clinton though. The elections are still very far away, as the say in politics; every Min before the elections counts. Who knows what kind of dirt or skeleton in the closet the media could pull out on Obama before Election day.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 4:45am On Jan 06, 2007
@ZULUNATION:

I've read you comment twice and I still can not find a tangible reason why you can't stand OBAMA. Can you stand yourself?

Well, OBAMA can still run away with a victory. It all depends on the out come of Iraq war and oil price.

Believe me, Americans are open for anything that will prevent them from not eating 4 or more meals a-day.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by agent0(m): 4:47am On Jan 06, 2007
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by BigB11(m): 4:53am On Jan 06, 2007
@agent0

What exactly are we suppose to be looking for on this beautiful site?

Couple of words will help.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by agent0(m): 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2007
Big B1:

@agent0

What exactly are we suppose to be looking for on this beautiful site?

Couple of words will help.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52998 ==========================================================================
Barack Obama has a long history of defying the intended morality of Scripture. As a state legislator, he actively worked to preserve availability of abortion in all nine months of pregnancy. He opposed parental notification. He opposed any and all bans on partial-birth abortion (an act that includes delivery of the baby up to the head, the crushing of the baby's brain, the suctioning of the brain matter, and then completed delivery of the child's deflated cranium). In his run for the U.S. Senate, Obama even asked his wife to pen a letter to Illinois voters that reassured them of his commitment to fighting for the right to butcher children in the womb.
Re: Who Is Barack Obama? by agent0(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2007
Barack Obama has long supported the advance of the radical homosexuaI activist lobby in its pursuit to destroy traditional marriage. He supported the creation of "special rights" for people who engage in homosexuaIity for the sole purpose of putting them at the front of the line on issues of employment, housing and litigation. He has also solidly backed the advancement of all "hate crimes" legislation, which ultimately may be used to silence clergy who believe according to their own convictions that homosexuaI behavior is wrong and preach so from biblical texts. Obama has a perfect voting record against the defense of marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attorney General, Chief Bayo Ojo Indicted By Uk Tribunal / One SE state Had More Votes Than 5 SW States Combined-shame! / Is PDP The Most Democratic Party In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.