Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi (1718 Views)

Nigerian Port Authority Names Its 4 New Tug Boats Daura, Ubima, Uromi And Majiya / I Never Discredited Ize-Iyamu, Produce video evidence of your visit - Onojie / Gov Oshiomole 8 Billion Naira Mansion Captured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by hauwababy: 6:17am On Nov 11, 2016
The governor and the traditional ruler have been having a long running battle over allegations that the traditional ruler publicly manhandles a woman. This cumulated in the ruler suing the state government for N1b. The governor retaliated by dethroning him. This is the first time this is happening ever in Edo State.
The Onojie of Uromi is one of the most powerful and prominent traditional rulers in the State. The governor is expected to hand over on Saturday after completing 8 years in office. Pictured below is the Onojie and the woman at the centre of the controversy.

http://www.yeoal.com/2016/11/gov-oshiomole-dethrones-onojie-of-uromi.html

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2016
If he truly manhandled a woman he should be sacked or sentenced to two years in Kuje Prison.

There should be no Sacred Cows cool

1 Like

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Davash222(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
If he truly manhandled a woman he should be sacked or sentenced to two years in Kuje Prison.

There should be no Sacred Cows cool
Yes you are right but still tell your own Governor to pay Pensioners and also inform him that Owerri people are earnestly waiting for him. Thanks.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:29am On Nov 11, 2016
Davash222:

Yes you are right but still tell your own Governor to pay Pensioners and also inform him that Owerri people are earnestly waiting for him. Thanks.

That's what I've always done here my Man and stop distracting me from such a lovely thread grin cheesy
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Young03(m): 6:47am On Nov 11, 2016
esan people una grre
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by saint047(m): 6:48am On Nov 11, 2016
Inconclusive dethroning
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by sebali: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2016
Can a governor dethrone a king?
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by iokpebholo: 7:01am On Nov 11, 2016
Joke of d century.can never happen at least not when d ppl of uromi are solidly behind him. And as for d okoebor family, i just pity them. All d gods of esanland are been invoked with. Curse on dt family starting from irrua which is d senior to ubiaja, to ugboha, uromi. And today is d turn of ekpona, when d spirits will March to uromi center to lay a curse on d okoebors family. I only pity d children. Do u know y d whole esan are coming out for this? Cos d onojie did not even assault betty okoebor in d first place. It was even betty brother manlo dt attacked d onojie. So all this drama is cos my onojie refused to support obaseki for d governorship election
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Omololu007(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2016
iokpebholo:
Joke of d century.can never happen at least not when d ppl of uromi are solidly behind him. And as for d okoebor family, i just pity them. All d gods of esanland are been invoked with. Curse on dt family starting from irrua which is d senior to ubiaja, to ugboha, uromi. And today is d turn of ekpona, when d spirits will March to uromi center to lay a curse on d okoebors family. I only pity d children. Do u know y d whole esan are coming out for this? Cos d onojie did not even assault betty okoebor in d first place. It was even betty brother manlo dt attacked d onojie. So all this drama is cos my onojie refused to support obaseki for d governorship election
i dont think you know how powerful a Nigerian governor is,in his state
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2016
came to read comments grin
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by donphilopus: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2016
iokpebholo:

Does this make sense to you? People have started coming out to defend the King. How did an 'ordinary' person attack the Onojie of Uromi at the Polling Unit without getting lynched by his subjects who according to you love him so much? No sane person would ever attack a King publicly. And even if anyone does, no sane subject of the King would watch an 'ordinary' man harass the King.
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by sinkhole: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2016
sebali:
Can a governor dethrone a king?
YES embarassed Colonial legacy cry
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Justiceleague1: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Young03:
esan people una grre
i dont give much damm,his father,former onojie,driving by in his exotic car,saw my young aunt many years ago and sent his servants to place a royal bead on her and that was it,she became his wife! And all her education ended in his palace..and those ishan 'wing/wind commanders' and 'flight leutenats' tied up her womb.. I'wudda 'gree' buh i h8 oshio's apc...this is vendetta,uromi voted for pdp.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Justiceleague1: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2016
iokpebholo:
correct

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by iokpebholo: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2016
donphilopus:

Does this make sense to you? People have started coming out to defend the King. How did an 'ordinary' person attack the Onojie of Uromi at the Polling Unit without getting lynched by his subjects who according to you love him so much? No sane person would ever attack a King publicly. And even if anyone does, no sane subject of the King would watch an 'ordinary' man harass the King.
dts y u need to go to uromi and find out what exactly happened. Bros pls tell me y is betty okoebor begging d king. Let me tell u kingship in uromi is hereditory so dethroning him is totally impossible cos everybody in uromi still regard him as their king
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by iokpebholo: 9:42am On Nov 11, 2016
I so much appreciate all d comments on this topic but let me put a question to u guys, if u have betty okoebor who according to oshiomonle was assaulted fone no pls ask her who is her king, her response will simply be Zaiki Anslem Eidenojie.do u know y cos even hersef does not believe in what oshiomonle is fighting for
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by KingNom(m): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
THE NIGERIA SOLUTION: A MIND RE-DRIVE
Greetings to You Dear Mr. President, our Political Office Holders and my Fellow Nigerians, I suggest we make the best use of this tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Nigeria was not as bad as this, we started becoming like this when we started *THINKING WRONGLY *
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
It will surely take us time and much sacrifice, but we will get there if we persist!
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!
Re: Gov. Oshiomole Dethrones Traditional Ruler, Onojie Of Uromi by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 27, 2023
Wow... Just looking for our royal regalia so I can make it here only to stumble on this picture from Google that redirected me here. That's my favorite uncle on the left. The most eloquent I know in the royal house. Passed away last year. Always fun to have around. Makes every occasion come to life. Rip uncle OD. U left a big void 😔

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Shipping Out Oyegun As Ambassador, Pencils Oshiomhole As Replacement / Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Defect To APC / Is This Truly Why Nigerians Are Suffering (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.