Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,975 members, 7,799,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) (53944 Views)

Man Stabbed Daughter To Death A Day To Her Wedding In Anambra / Policemen Struggling For Gun With Another Security Man (Photos, Video) / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by dre11(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

A vigilance group commander in the Oke Aro area of Ogun State, Quadri Adesina, has been arrested by the police after an alleged accidental discharge from his gun killed a 23-year-old man, Yusuf Azeez.

Azeez reportedly wanted to wrest the gun from the suspect when a bullet hit him in the thigh. He was rushed to a hospital in the area, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the deceased’s mother, 42-year-old Toyin Akintayo, had invited Adesina and his colleagues to her residence on CAC Street, Oke Aro, around 8pm on Tuesday to apprehend Azeez, who allegedly threatened to kill her.

It was gathered that Azeez had arrived at home on that day at about 6pm and requested his dinner. The mother was said to have explained to him that she didn’t have enough money to prepare a meal.

Trouble started after the mother, who sells confectionery, gave him N200 to buy food, saying that was all she could afford. He reportedly smashed a bottle on the ground and vowed to kill her.

The mother said, “I wanted to break my fast on that day with garri when he arrived at home. I said there was no kerosene in the stove to prepare food for him and his younger brother. I gave him N200 and the brother N70. He said the N200 was small and threw it at me.

“I explained to him that it was all I had and that we wouldn’t have been in the situation if he did not steal the compressor of my freezer, which I used to sell ice blocks. I also advised him to find a job. He became angry and started threatening me with a knife and the shard of a bottle. He said he would not allow me to sleep at home that night and vowed to kill me.

“I sneaked out to call members of a vigilance group beside our house. They followed me home and tried to pacify him. He fought them and fought for the control of a gun that one of them carried. The gun exploded in the process and he was injured in the thigh. He died at a hospital near here.”

Akintayo described her son’s death as a relief to her, saying she could no longer endure the shame his notoriety for “stealing and street fighting” had brought to the family.

She added that his son’s gang members stormed her house on Wednesday and threatened that she would pay for Azeez’s death.

She said, “I enrolled him in three different secondary schools, he dropped out. I took him to five different furniture experts to learn the work, he absconded. He went into barbing; I gave him N85,000 to rent a shop and furnished it for him. He didn’t go to the shop until the rent expired.

“His death is a relief to me and the family. He was too troublesome. There was a time he beat up an Oodua Peoples Cogress member while we were living in Idimu (Lagos). I spent a lot of money on the man’s treatment.

“A few weeks ago, he fought in Agege. He was seriously injured. He had been arrested many times by the police for several offences.”

The suspect, 48-year-old Adesina, who is in detention at the Agbado Police Division, said Azeez had beaten the two security guards that accompanied him to the scene, adding that he only wanted to prevail on him from causing further havoc when his gun exploded.

He said, “There was no light when we entered the building. He attacked us and two of my boys fled.

I told him that I came to make peace. He said he didn’t fear my gun. He descended on me and wanted to snatch it. We were dragging it with each other when it exploded. I didn’t kill him. He would have killed me and his mother if he had access to the gun.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ogun State Police Command, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident.

He said, “The Divisional Police Officer of the station, CSP Abioye Shittu, led operatives to the scene and the suspect has been arrested. The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Eleweran, Abeokuta.”

http://punchng.com/23-year-old-dies-struggling-gun-death-relief-says-mother/

Pic of Quadri Adesina, the owner of the gun

3 Likes

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by klassykute(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
his death a relief indeed ... chairman or fight ...

baba of stealing ....

senior advocate of bad gang...

number one supporter of mother molesters..

BUT D MAMA NOR EVEN FEEL AM WHY?..

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Okay
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by kingphilip(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016
For a mother to give up on her son that's to show how bad the guy was.. Just going through the headline one will think the mum is wicked but going through the write up will make one understand the reason behind it

But I know the mum is seriously pained about the death but she can't do anything to get him back to life and had to see the positive in the bad incident

May we never have children who'll cause us sorrow

482 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Damibiz(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
What a son are u ? Did u think killing ur mother will do u any good.....u have a mother bt u dont knw her importance......my the soul of my Mum RIP

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by AfroMighty(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2016
Abeg release this man jor, his mother said it all

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by kingphilip(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2016
klassykute:
his death a relief?
I guess you're one of this who just read headlines and make comments

Try reading the whole piece and you might just get an understanding

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by IamPatriotic(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2016
Omo maa pami, omo maa pami, to ba tin poju, a di omo maa pa'ra e.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by gabinogem(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2016
Yes his death should be a relief... But I blame most of these short sighted parents that think having children is always a blessing... Not everyone on earth was called to raise a family. There are various ways to multiply in life. Know thyself humans angry

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Young03(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2016
I didn't read thooo

BT accept my sympathy
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by klassykute(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2016
kingphilip:
I guess you're one of this who just read headlines and make comments

Try reading the whole piece and you might just get an understanding

1 Like

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Florblu(f): 7:57am On Nov 11, 2016
I don't understand the judicial system of this country.
The mother said her son's death is a relief to her yet you arrested the man that helped the poor woman to hasten the death of her terrible son's life.
If the boy was not killed he will eventually kill the woman and later be brought back to the court of which he will be sentenced to death too.Hence two lives will be lost in a family. I think it's better loosing the boy alone.Right?
RIP "Child of the world" Welcome to a new life Momma

Spot the sarcasm here before quoting me o

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:07am On Nov 11, 2016
Hmmm

For a mother to make such statement, one can imagine what hell she went through.

I get pained when I see young guys waste their life. They think the world evolve around their fist.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by sucreblazing(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2016
se na only ogun state bad people dey for south west...rape na there, ritual na there...wetin happen !

2 Likes

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by ijustdey: 10:16am On Nov 11, 2016
evil keep lurking around.......

and the guy allowed himself to be used to such extent that his mother was joyous at his death......

it would have been more profitable if the sperm that fertilized the egg was aborted before he was formed than now....

1 Like

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
Now the f000l died without getting to suffer some pains embarassed

He escaped this recession, Chai!!! It's painful he died, he supposed to be somewhere now nursing damaged thigh in unendurable pain and sadness to know that no matter what, your mother is still your mother and she deserve the honour.

Well.... Our men in black should free the poor man, even if he had shot him intentionally, it was SELF DEFENCE.

They should instead kill that guy's dead body. Mtshhhw.

RUST IN HELL FOR GIVING YOUR MOTHER A TOUGH TIME.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Jamesmatic(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11 & Crime...

1 Like

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by olaolulazio(m): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
Can i say she tried training him d wrong time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
Too bad
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by pally1982: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Please release this guy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Pastafarian: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
this is one of the misinformation that Hollywood display to us in movies

this person was shot in the "thigh" but died just like he would've died if he got shot in the head or in his heart

in Action films, getting shot in the leg is synonymous with being bitten by a scorpion or being stung by a bee, its inconvenient but never deadly

In a movie, a hero's leg wound is forgotten as soon as they notice it -- Samuel L. Jackson gets shot in the knee in Die Hard: With a Vengeance , and he's running around on it minutes later, barely remembering to keep his love-vendor limp

here's a fact:

your leg is home to the femoral artery and severing it can cause you to bleed out and die within minutes (at best). There are actually videos of this sort of accident happening on YouTube. Feel free to search for them if you want to ruin your appetite.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by ishef19: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by tuna4servi(m): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ok oooo
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by midehi2(f): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
what a child! may we not have such children

7 Likes

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Generalkorex(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
A relief ?
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
Das why wen praying don't say "God gimmee any kinda child"
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Amathylee(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
.All d good boys have join gang .. .. (in falz voice)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by seunlayi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
A RELIEF FROM RECESSION INDEED.
Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by martineverest(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
poor parenting

1 Like

Re: 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) by Omololu007(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
Damibiz:
What a son are u ? Did u think killing ur mother will do u any good.....u have a mother bt u dont knw her importance......my the soul of my Mum RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Masquerades Attack Muslims Inside Mosque (Photos) / Woman Boiled Water 3 Times And Poured On Her Niece (Disturbing Photos) / Ifeanyi Nwokolo: Man Kills Wife For Demanding Too Much Sex From Him Before Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.