Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,918 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting (19910 Views)

House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? / 5 Things To Do Before House Hunting / 7 Must Know Tips For House Hunting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Naijasinglegirl: 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Especially when you are working with a location, time and limited budget.
At least with husband hunting, my horizon is expanded. I’m not bound by location, a lot of criteria and I don’t have a December deadline.

I digress.

I get informed of a house today and by morning, its already taken. It appears everyone in Lagos is house hunting.

paid an agent who presented me with four options this week.
I was taken to the first one, a self contained in a new building.
I feel in love with the place once I stepped inside. It is like a white-space room. The room is big, kitchen is spacious, bathroom/toilet is sparkling clean and the proximity to the road was very encouraging. It is a house I would look forward to coming home everyday.

I was already imagining giving my friends directions there, cooking, setting up my study in one corner, recording snapchat videos and all sorts.

Sadly, the rent is 150K more than my projected budget, excluding agreement and agency fees.

The second house was formerly a guest house- the one they call slaughter-house, meaning different people have probably had loads of sxx in my room. I felt the spirit of sxx hovering in the compound. I wasn’t even shown inside because it was locked but I saw a g-string hanging from the bathroom window. A product of a quick romp perhaps?

The compound looked really secured which is a plus but the guest house retained their in-house bar and I don’t know if I would be able to live or sleep by a bar. One of the reasons I am looking to move is have some peace and quiet.
What if a regular of the bar gets drunk one night and come banging with a woman by my door, forgetting the guesthouse is no longer available? Or a fight breaks out between two drunk guys?

The third house was within my budget, way lower even.
It is a self contained situated in a three storey building, like those hostels in Ekosodin.
Compound was like a LAWMA branch.
The kitchen was separated from the room and bathroom but on the same lobby as if the three rooms are quarrelling. I would even have to share the kitchen with another tenant. I was already imagining conversations like,

“Who stole two pieces of shaki from my pot of soup?” “My maggi cubes have been reducing since Wednesday” “My pot was not this black when I left house.” “Who touched my garri? Do you know how much garri cost?” “Goodmorning, it is my turn to use the kitchen for pounded yam today.”

The tap was rusty with cobwebs. It appeared the last time water flowed was when Donald Trump was shooting season1 of The Apprentice.

The toilet was monochrome in colour, the black from old shit.
It is a house I would stagger in crying at 11:45pm and gladly leave by 5:30am.

The fourth house was the second floor of a two storey building. Even though it was obviously free of witchcraft, I refused to look it.
First, there were touts sitting by the crooked gate. Then the house was surrounded by a church left, right, front and behind.
Four churches fam! One had fire in the name.
Would I ever sleep with all the casting of demons and vigil nights from Monday to Sunday?

The impression the first building had on me ruined the other three. I really cannot wait to get settled cos I haven’t a day of proper rest for two weeks now.
Pray for me.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/house-hunting-lagos-update/

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by hahn(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wait

Lol. Op, which areas did you go house hunting?

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by jossy26: 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lol, on point @op especially in lagos
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by jideprof: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
hehehe, you seem to have a lot of choices, for someone seeking a house in Lagos... You need to have more than one agent. In fact, you have to try different locations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by propzncribz: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
Finding a house with an incompetent agent is hard work. There are certain steps to follow as an agent to get the right house for the client.

You could state your budget here and preferred location and me or other agents on NL will be more than happy to get you that house you can call a home.

Alternatively you can check my profile for my contact on different properties I posted.

12 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by shumuel(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
I never knew you were looking for husband, no wonder your book had that title

peele, Banky W is not complying grin

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by uboma(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
house hunting is especially stressful when you have a closed budget.
but nice piece you have there @op
the g-string ishii got me laughing out loud.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by twinskenny(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lol your write really cracking me up

5 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin

I will pray for you indeed

6 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by armadeo(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
Front page here we come....

Meanwhile house hunting is like roaming the Serengeti. The grass hides the big cats and the waters are crawling with crocodiles.

They all want to feed on you. Hopefully they are still some honest people.

Unto the church issue, just grit you teeth and tell the agent that only one church should be near your house.

You cannot escape it in lagos.

3 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Ishilove: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Naijasinglegirl is all grown up

10 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by DRISKLEF(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hilarious cheesy
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by homesteady(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Naijasinglegirl so you went to UNIBEN?

You even had agent to do the searching and you are complaining?
By this time last month, I was house hunting within students environment, it was terrible! The many no vacancy you'll hear, when you see a house, it would not suit your taste and the one that partially suits your taste would be too expensive! The percentage of you finding your dream house is 5%

Then the Sun and trekking! Sighs undecided

7 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by cc150615(f): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
propzncribz:
Finding a house with an incompetent agent is hard work. There are certain steps to follow as an agent to get the right house for the client.

You could state your budget here and preferred location and me or other agents on NL will be more than happy to get you that house you can call a home.

Alternatively you can check my profile for my contact on different properties I posted.
Please is it true that agent and agreement fee is fixed at 100k in Lagos irrespective of the price of the house?
Secondly, can you help me get a decent self contain preferably around onikan roundabout

7 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by davide470(m): 11:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
cc150615:

Please is it true that agent and agreement fee is fixed at 100k in Lagos irrespective of the price of the house?
Secondly, can you help me get a decent self contain preferably around onikan roundabout
undecided
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2016

You're a big joke

I've come to a conclusion that you don't need a house for rent or a husband and you're here trying to be funny

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Fantastic2m(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2016
True dairy of a Nigerian kiss

2 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by ajoskele(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2016
So una dey hunt men now? Just kontunu.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by An0nimus: 6:58am On Nov 12, 2016
armadeo:
Front page here we come....

I tells you brah. Make I siddon near you

7 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Flexherbal(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2016
You can stay in another person's house before you get yours. But, it is not legal to use another person's husband before you get yours.

2 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by snadguy007(m): 7:03am On Nov 12, 2016
lamentation of a poor single Nigerian girl cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by goshen26: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
Even now that most jobless guys are now agent in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by davodyguy: 7:06am On Nov 12, 2016
Its so true
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by Exponental(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2016
Good house good money. If you're lucky to find a cheap good house, thank your star.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by HarmonyDee(f): 7:09am On Nov 12, 2016
Naijasinglegirl
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by YoungDouglas(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2016
snadguy007:
grin
snadguy007:
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by stsinner: 7:10am On Nov 12, 2016
Sorry girl, am not sure you can avoid that religious madness in lagos.
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by nonjebose(m): 7:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Nice write up. Well, men can not be likened to the four types of accommodation, sha. Or can we? 1. Clean, handsome, comfortable, young man. 2. Drunk cassanova. 3. Quarrelsome and unkempt guy. 4. Religious or prayerfull christian

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by awakeuche(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Quick solution would have been to ask here on nairaland that you need a house to rent
Re: House Hunting Is More Stressful Than Husband Hunting by baski92(m): 7:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Why stress yourself when people dey may na there work be that, house agent look for them and get what you want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Niger Biscuits Apapa (Photos) / Ikoyi Building Collapse: LASEMA Rescue Another Person / Understanding Land Sizes And Measurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.