Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:23 PM

Mental Abuse On Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mental Abuse On Kids (935 Views)

A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Abuse On Kids by Mzyouzee1(f): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
I think it's not reasonable to threaten children with hell fire, I think its a form of mental abuse of a child . What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
Mzyouzee1:
I think it's not reasonable to threaten children with hell fire, I think its a form of mental abuse of a child . What do you think?

Not really cool. Meanwhile, what do you think about my name sweery.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Mzyouzee1(f): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lol.....I tnk it's lame
Funnicator:

Not really cool. Meanwhile, what do you think about my name sweery.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Mzyouzee1:
Lol.....I tnk it's lame
grin seriously u kiddding me? D'u know i've d power 2make u cum in 2seconds?
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Liveair: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mzyouzee1, we've all gone through this kind of 'Mental Abuse' as kids, courtesy Religion.

It's hard to draw the fine line between Religion and such abuse - Cognitive Dissonance, don't you think?

Would be a hard sell for religious folks.
Watch how they'll shut you down

1 Like

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Makaveli08: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
No one threatens their child with hell, they warn them about it. And If it is consider child abuse to warn a child about the consequences of their actions, then you might as well called all good parents child abusers since all good parents would warn their kids about the dangers and consequences of breaking the laws of the country they live in.

2 Likes

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mzyouzee1:
It even goes further than that some churches, in america give a special play, featuring everything from the screams of burning souls and the devil himself. They show these grotesque scenes to children.
It is down right sadistic. All for an imaginary being.

1 Like

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Liveair: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mzyouzee1:

But Mzyouzee1, am tempted to ask, what may have triggered this sense of awareness to this absurdity?
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Liveair: 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Makaveli08:
No one threatens their child with hell, they warn them about it. And If it is consider child abuse to warn a child about the consequences of their actions, then you might as well called all good parents child abusers since all good parents would warn their kids about the dangers and consequences of breaking the laws of the country they live in.

This attempt at making the Clear Threats of hell in the Bible is at best lame.
Visit a typical Children's Sunday School, the threat of fire and brimstone in hell is an ever present one used to make kids fall in love with their dear father in heaven.

We all went through that.
Pls also attempt to exonerate the Bible on stories like David and Goliath, where David ended up BEHEADING Goliath and how this story skews the mind of kids subliminally.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by hopefulLandlord: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2016

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Makaveli08: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
Liveair:

This attempt at making the Clear Threats of hell in the Bible is at best lame.
Visit a typical Children's Sunday School, the threat of fire and brimstone in hell is an ever present one used to make kids fall in love with their dear father in heaven.

We all went through that.
Pls also attempt to exonerate the Bible on stories like David and Goliath, where David ended up BEHEADING Goliath and how this story skews the mind of kids subliminally.

If I tell my child that he will go to prison if he rapes or murders his sister is that a threat or a warning?

If no then why is it a threat to inform a child of the consequences of breaking God's laws?

1 Like

Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Liveair: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Makaveli08:

If I tell my child that he will go to prison if he rapes or murders his sister is that a threat or a warning?

If no then why is it a threat to inform a child of the consequences of breaking God's laws?

What is so difficult in Spelling it out...'will go to HELL FIRE'? What is 'consequences of breaking God's laws?'
I implore you to mention to your Child that he/she will 'go to Hell fire', even as a child, if he doesn't repent of his/her sins. Don't forget you had first told him/her that he/she is already a sinner, having been born in sin.

Now, how does that sound?
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Makaveli08: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Liveair:

What is so difficult in Spelling it out...'will go to HELL FIRE'? What is 'consequences of breaking God's laws?'

So you considered hell a threat and child abuse because it carries much more severe consequences than that of prison. But in that case you can can even call christian parents oppressed in Saudi Arabia child abusers when they tell their kids to learn the Quran and become muslims or they will get beheaded, crucified or burned by ISIS. It seems to me you would say those parents are threatening there kids instead of warning them just because the consequences are severe.

Liveair:

I implore you to mention to your Child that he/she will 'go to Hell fire', even as a child, if he doesn't repent of his/her sins.

Yes I would tell me kid he has to follow God teachings and choose heaven instead of hell, but that's informing and warning the kid not abusing him.

Just like I would inform and warn my kids that if they don't follow the laws of the country they will go to prison.

Liveair:

Don't forget you had first told him/her that he/she is already a sinner, having been born in sin.

Now, how does that sound?

I don't believe in original sin and I wouldn't lie to them be telling them that they perfectly sinless.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Liveair: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2016
Makaveli08:

So you considered hell a threat and child abuse because it carries much more severe consequences than that of prison. But in that case you can can even call christian parents oppressed in Saudi Arabia child abusers when they tell their kids to learn the Quran and become muslims or they will get beheaded, crucified or burned by ISIS. It seems to me you would say those parents are threatening there kids instead of warning them just because the consequences are severe.

Yes I would tell me kid he has to follow God teachings and choose heaven instead of hell, but that's informing and warning the kid not abusing him.

Just like I would inform and warn my kids that if they don't follow the laws of the country they will go to prison.

I don't believe in original sin and I wouldn't lie to them be telling them that they perfectly sinless.

Quoting Islam or whatever religion isn't the issue, whether Christianity or Islam, they are all the same with Religious threats of Hell.
That's all they've got to make kids fall in line with their teachings. While Islam threatens with Hell and Beheading for apostasy, Christianity is busy with Hell Fire for eternity.

If you don't believe in Original sin then you probably haven't read the bible well..."In sin were ye conceived."
Again..."All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Makaveli08: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
Liveair:

Quoting Islam or whatever religion isn't the issue, whether Christianity or Islam, they are all the same with Religious threats of Hell.
That's all they've got to make kids fall in line with their teachings. While Islam threatens with Hell and Beheading for apostasy, Christianity is busy with Hell Fire for eternity.

Then you might as well call your parents child abusers, since they made you fall in line with the laws of the country you live in. I guess they were threatening you when they told you stealing would get you in jail or rape would get you in prison, probably for life. But the truth is they weren't threatening you, instead they were warning you of the laws you live under.

Liveair:

If you don't believe in Original sin then you probably haven't read the bible well..."In sin were ye conceived."
Again..."All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

I read the bible, I just don't interpret those verses to refer to original sin.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by mrmrmister: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
grin grin
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
It's really hard to draw the line between threatening a child and informing him of one.

All I know is; as a Child; I was downright terrified of going to hell-fire.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Wilgrea7(m): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
threatening a child with hell is insane.. in Nigeria, your horror is not complete without you watching any film of hell or reading any book with pictures of supposed torments..

threatening children with hell will only raise them to think of God as a wicked maniac who is ready to burn them forever if they mess up a little. they won't ever love God.. they'll just fear him... they won't worship him in spirit and in truth, but in fear of hell.

this is one of the things that cause fear of the unknown... i personally feel its wrong to threaten little children with hell.
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirWere:
It's really hard to draw the line between threatening a child and informing him of one.

All I know is; as a Child; I was downright terrified of going to hell-fire.
Boss, happy birthday sir grin
Have a great one wink
Re: Mental Abuse On Kids by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Boss, happy birthday sir grin Have a great one wink
Wow.... Thanks bro. wink smiley

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Releases Prayer Points For 2017 Fasting And Prayer / Is This Prophecy By Prophet TBJoshua Coming To Pass? / Blackmail Alert: Nothing Like Honey Phoenix Evarist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.