Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains (858 Views)

Wizkid Congratulates Burna Boy For Wining Best Africa Act Award At 2019 MTV EMA / Tiwa Savage Wins Best African Act At 2018 MTV Ema's / Davido Wins Best Worldwide Act At MTV EMA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by MRAKBEE(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
We had earlier announced that Wizkid was stripped off his MTV EMA, Best African Act award and handed over to Tanzanian’s, Ali Kiba.
However, there’s been a mis- understanding as MTV EMA has explained that both wizkid and Ali Kiba are winners of different categories.
In their words; “ Alikiba won the local Best Africa Act awards via public vote. Wizkid was selected by MTV as one of 6 worldwide acts from all local nominees across the 32 local categories; this category was not open to public vote. So both Alikiba and Wizkid are winners, in different categories. Hope this explanation helps!”
See tweet below
http://jaguda.com/2016/11/11/wizkid-alikiba-winners-different-categories-mtv-ema-explains/

Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by beycity(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
These guys are really confused menh!!!!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by mazimee(m): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
They spare me with this Alikibi Kaba kaba Stories. I have heard enough of it.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by azeeza(f): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wizzy still winning......
Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by MRAKBEE(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Some controversies do help. Its obvious that Some people never heard of alikiba until now..
I have two of his songs though and this is mainly becos I do appreciate good music regardless of their roots and genre . I was surfing the net when I came across the name alikiba some months ago.i think Chekachuka and nwana are his greatest songs.. I got another song in which he was featured by a fellow Tanzanian act.
Alikiba is a good musician but he shudnt be compared to Wizkid whom I believe is more popular abroad than even here in Nigeria.
Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by phlamesG: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ok I don't know which one to believe
Nairaland pls be sure of the authenticity of your news before you post them, so as not to mislead people.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by Temptee101(m): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Enough of this noise. Who them help with their awards. The two of them should swerve jor, especially that kiba guy never heard of that name. Wizkid has proved himself
Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by thesicilian: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
Why didn't they make this clarification earlier? But funny enough also, both WizKid and Alibaba or whatever his name is kept quiet in a matured manner, while their so called fans were yapping their mouths off
Re: Wizkid And Alikiba Are Both Winners Of Different Categories; MTV EMA Explains by Ajiriobibi: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2016
Good music isn't had to find after all. Check out this song by our very own naija guys. Your mind go blow. www.datafilehost.com/d/6849d787

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Hit Songs In January 2017 / Axiom Pro 61 Piano Midi Controller For Sale / Shatta Wale Ft. Jahmiel – Real Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.