Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? (2698 Views)

Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / I Need Seminar Topics On Environmental Microbiology / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Which Course Is More Superior To The Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Pls I need someone to enlighten me more on the two.(career and job prospects)
Though I prefer the industrial aspect of microbiology and I intend doing my IT in food/beverage or brewery.

ur opinions are highly welcomed.
Good evening!
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by rowland545(m): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
uhmm let me say I think industrial is more marketable but I would prefer environmental.... DAT aside I will choose pharmaceutical MCB during my it next year.....great MCB
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
rowland545:
uhmm let me say I think industrial is more marketable but I would prefer environmental.... DAT aside I will choose pharmaceutical MCB during my it next year.....great MCB
why do u prefer environmental mcb?
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 12, 2016
chomytex:
Pls I need someone to enlighten me more on the two.(career and job prospects)
Though I prefer the industrial aspect of microbiology and I intend doing my IT in food/beverage or brewery.

ur opinions are highly welcomed.
Good evening!

if its possible, I'd advise you go for both of them. both are great, but environmental is more lucrative.
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 8:13am On Nov 12, 2016
coollabman:

if its possible, I'd advise you go for both of them. both are great, but environmental is more lucrative.
where can an environmental microbiologist work?
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2016
pls I need more opinions mods pls help me cc lalasticlala
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 13, 2016
chomytex:
where can an environmental microbiologist work?

mainly in environmental consultancy firms (private companies), government parastatals and in universities. its actually the aspect of microbiology that cuts across all industries.
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2016
coollabman:

mainly in environmental consultancy firms (private companies), government parastatals and in universities. its actually the aspect of microbiology that cuts across all industries.
thanks for the info
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Krystalzkris(f): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
i'm cut across food/industrial and medical.... Can't seem to figure out which one I should settle for finally... Lalasticlala, abeg help some confused mcbites here..
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Tedassie(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2017
Krystalzkris:
i'm cut across food/industrial and medical.... Can't seem to figure out which one I should settle for finally... Lalasticlala, abeg help some confused mcbites here..
What area was/is your research project centered on?
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Tedassie:
not a project work, talking of IT
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Tedassie(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
@chomytex&co

Oops...sorry pls

I think if i'm to advise those concerned,they should get their internship in establishments where they can have a solid practical experience,acquire skills there, that can make them self reliant long after they leave school. This should always be at the back of our minds,and not just the short-term monetary benefits
while there.

For example,if ur experience is in Medical mcb and u've got a passion for it (perhaps, you still want to make a living in that line of mcb,you could possibly set up ur lab(i.e after u'v been licensed etc etc),start frm there,build up ur enterprise.....I tell you it's less challenging than say; trying to set up a food/beverage factory where u'll have alot of issues to contend with:Cost of production,government&regulatory bodies interference,marketability of products(is ur product acceptable to the consumer&is there a demand for ur products?),competition(it's a two-way street though,it strengthens a biz to some extent,but could 'ruin' it too etc etc.

However,all this talk is not to discourage anybody though. There's no harm in venturing into uncharted territories...provided you know exactly what you're doing.

1 Like

Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2017
Tedassie:
@chomytex&co

Oops...sorry pls

I think if i'm to advise those concerned,they should get their internship in establishments where they can have a solid practical experience,acquire skills there, that can make them self reliant long after they leave school. This should always be at the back of our minds,and not just the short-term monetary benefits
while there.

For example,if ur experience is in Medical mcb and u've got a passion for it (perhaps, you still want to make a living in that line of mcb,you could possibly set up ur lab(i.e after u'v been licensed etc etc),start frm there,build up ur enterprise.....I tell you it's less challenging than say; trying to set up a food/beverage factory where u'll have alot of issues to contend with:Cost of production,government&regulatory bodies interference,marketability of products(is ur product acceptable to the consumer&is there a demand for ur products?),competition(it's a two-way street though,it strengthens a biz to some extent,but could 'ruin' it too etc etc.

However,all this talk is not to discourage anybody though. There's no harm in venturing into uncharted territories...provided you know exactly what you're doing.
thanks a lot for ur input.
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Tedassie(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
You're welcome...wishing you a successful and rewarding internship.
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Krystalzkris(f): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Tedassie:
still in year 3
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by Krystalzkris(f): 11:25pm On Jan 23, 2017
Tedassie:
still in year 3
Re: Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? by chomytex(f): 2:49am On Jan 25, 2017
Tedassie:
You're welcome...wishing you a successful and rewarding internship.
thanks once again.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Up The Missing Number / Igbo Land Is Not Landlocked. See The True Extent Of Igboland / Unibuja Post Ume Result To Be Out :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.