Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song (543 Views)

Which Of These Childhood Treats Did You Miss? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Brother & Sister Recreate Childhood Photos For Their Parents’ 30th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song by yedidiah(m): 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
We are all complaining about how Technology is spoiling this indomie generation (not an insult o). Kids are no long creative and adventurous in terms of play. XboX, PlayStation, Gameboy and Nintendo is all they need to have a filled day.

Others were given birth to in well fenced buildings and the only time they hung out was when a neighbour's child was celebrating their birthdays and then they had to attend.

So, for those of you that had a taste of Street fun while growing up, kindly share a description of your favourite childhood game or song or an activity you enjoyed doing while growing up.

For me, my favourite game was, "Chinese horse" a team game of two members each. One member backs the other and then holds his legs up. With the leg, he fights against the other team or teams. The team that falls first after taking more beating than they can handle is the loser.
We also enjoyed playing,"collapse" or "gambu" a game played with stick and a circular disc made from bathroom slippers. until one of my guys lost one of his balls to a flying stick.....

Hunting for Crabs,monitor lizard and bush fowl and bush rats was a sure banker too.

My favourite song was Mark Morrison's return of the mack. Growing up in the North, we had a version about 'gidan bala' guys wey grow for North DAT year sabi the song.

Make I pause here for now.
Oya share yours

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
Change your style.
Re: What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song by Mrval20(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Black shoe - Black shoe - Change your shoe... cool
Re: What's Your Favourite Childhood Game/song by jashar(f): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
snakes and ladders smiley

(1) (Reply)

#mybestnigerianfood - Nigerians Discuss: This Will Make You Laugh / No Intruders... / 1K Investment For Endless Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.