Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Toyota Camry Transmission Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue (14489 Views)

Sienna Transmission Issue / U250E CAMRY Transmission Needed In Abuja / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 12:38am On Nov 12, 2016
Good day all. My Toyota Camry 2003 2AZ FE automatic transmission is kinda having issues. Very early in the morning if I start d car and put it on reverse it goes in smoothly but when I put it on drive it does not engage quickly. From my little observation it happens when car is cold or left for some time. Check transmission fluid and its up to required mark. Transmission is still bright red to pink in colour and no traves of dirt or metal on clean white surface. . It normally happens when th car is cool. Happened again this afternoon. Had to put it on drive and rev the car before it picked but reverse is excellent. I scanned car and got no DTC at all. Wanna do a transmission flush with Atf type T IV and see if they will be an improvement. Also will see if I can replace the filter. Guys pls I need suggestions . thanks all. God bless
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 12:50am On Nov 12, 2016
mike070:
Good day all. My Toyota Camry 2003 2AZ FE automatic transmission is kinda having issues. Very early in the morning if I start d car and put it on reverse it goes in smoothly but when I put it on drive it does not engage quickly. From my little observation it happens when car is cold or left for some time. Check transmission fluid and its up to required mark. Transmission is still bright red to pink in colour and no traves of dirt or metal on clean white surface. . It normally happens when th car is cool. Happened again this afternoon. Had to put it on drive and rev the car before it picked but reverse is excellent. I scanned car and got no DTC at all. Wanna do a transmission flush with Atf type T IV and see if they will be an improvement. Also will see if I can replace the filter. Guys pls I need suggestions . thanks all. God bless

Does the car shift through all gears (1-5)?
What type of scan tool was used?
Was a actual values used to monitor transmission performance?
When last did you do your transmission service?

Using type IV transmission fluid at this junction might make no difference.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
mike070:

Just replace filter, filter is located under the oil pan. Car should be ok after that.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2016
mayor2013:

Does the car shift through all gears (1-5)?
What type of scan tool was used?
Was a actual values used to monitor transmission performance?
When last did you do your transmission service?

Using type IV transmission fluid at this junction might make no difference.

Yes it does. It goes thru all gears fine. Just d initial delay wen cold kinda. Wen it finally picks its zoom zoom
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 7:56am On Nov 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Just replace filter, filter is located under the oil pan. Car should be ok after that.

So Gazzuzz u advice I replace transmission filter only?? Any need to service the transmission ?? Thanks I'm really grateful.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2016
mike070:

So Gazzuzz u advice I replace transmission filter only?? Any need to service the transmission ?? Thanks I'm really grateful.

what are you servicing in the transmission? Replace oil with TIV and filter.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 9:06am On Nov 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Lol. Ok boss. Thanks. Would give d house feed back
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Kashif(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Since the ATF is still good according to him, there wont be any need to replace it. I have never seen clogged filter delay engagement cold, but stuff happen.

My take is sticking valve(s).

@mike070, you may check the filter, but leave the ATF. Times are hard! How does it engage in L1?
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2016
Kashif:

Since the ATF is still good according to him, there wont be any need to replace it. I have never seen clogged filter delay engagement cold, but stuff happen.

@mike070, you may check the filter, but leave the ATF. Times are hard! How does it engage in L1?

my assumption, he has the wrong oil installed already.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

my assumption, he has the wrong oil installed already.

@ gazzuz I don't have d wrong oil. I have always used Toyota type T IV transmission oil. But don't fink d filter has been changed.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Kashif:

Same stuff in 2 and L. wen hot every fin is perfect. Both D 2 AND L moves perfect and all illuminates in on dashboard. But wen cold does nor drive or very slow but still illuminates on tge dash board.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Kashif(m): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
mike070:

Same stuff in 2 and L. wen hot every fin is perfect. Both D 2 AND L moves perfect and all illuminates in on dashboard. But wen cold does nor drive or very slow but still illuminates on tge dash board.

Now there is a new twist to it. You have now mentioned sluggish movement cold. Is the problem delayed engagement cold, or sluggish movement cold or both? But no matter what, my take would be the valvebody.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by ginatasha: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hello nairalanders...please any NL who wanna sell a toyota camry or corolla 2003-2005 should halla me. 08036422162..budget is 600k
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello all. Sorry for the long delay. Was out of town. So I changed the gear oil with type t iv and also installed a new filter. The problem still persists. Gear does not move when engine is cold but reverse moves whether hot or cold. Scanned car again and no DTC codes pointing to transmission. Only have p1135 and p1346 and I've been trying to fix these codes all to no avail. Pls Gazzuzz nd all kindly assist me cos I'm confused. Nb wen gear moves it moves very fine. Even did 140 with it on Friday on my way to warri. I need answers. Thanks all
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
mike070:
Hello all. Sorry for the long delay. Was out of town. So I changed the gear oil with type t iv and also installed a new filter. The problem still persists. Gear does not move when engine is cold but reverse moves whether hot or cold. Scanned car again and no DTC codes pointing to transmission. Only have p1135 and p1346 and I've been trying to fix these codes all to no avail. Pls Gazzuzz nd all kindly assist me cos I'm confused. Nb wen gear moves it moves very fine. Even did 140 with it on Friday on my way to warri. I need answers. Thanks all

Kashif:

kashif called it.

I was wrong (if you did every thing right)

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 6:25am On Nov 21, 2016
mike070:

P1346- VVTI fault error. Check the variable valve timing solenoid. It located close to the firewall. The solenoid might be bad. Connection might be loosed. Was there any engine timing related job done prior this problem. You could also have sludge mounted all over the solenoid

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Nov 21, 2016
mayor2013:

P1346- VVTI fault error. Check the variable valve timing solenoid. It located close to the firewall. The solenoid might be bad. Connection might be loosed. Was there any engine timing related job done prior this problem. You could also have sludge mounted all over the solenoid

You should read the book from the beginning.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 6:55am On Nov 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

kashif called it.

I was wrong (if you did every thing right)

Pls Gazzuzz nd kashif and mayor wat do I do. How do I go about d sticking valve issue. Its so surprising it just started out of the blues.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 6:57am On Nov 21, 2016
mayor2013:

I've been trying to look for a mechanic that can fix both codes but they are all lost and always say that 'IGA that light nor mean anything. Lol'' wish I was in lag to fix all this issues. Car has been extremely reliable.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Kashif(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2016
mike070:

Oga, if to say you give me that oyel money make I take buy baby food, you no see say I for dey jolly now? Ask around your area for a transmission technician, and tell him you need your valvebody serviced.

Caveat emptor!
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 10:08am On Nov 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You should read the book from the beginning.

Am only pointing to how he should fix the above fault error after he posted the faulr code (s)
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mayor2013: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2016
mike070:

Pls Gazzuzz nd kashif and mayor wat do I do. How do I go about d sticking valve issue. Its so surprising it just started out of the blues.

Do not give yourself high bp. Just go get another gearbox

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2016
Kashif:

Oga, if to say you give me that oyel money make I take buy baby food, you no see say I for dey jolly now? Ask around your area for a transmission technician, and tell him you need your valvebody serviced.

Caveat emptor!

Kashif. Lol. Nany food go come.. Oyel money don GBA. So u mean if dey service d valve body transmission might still be good

PS wat is d price of the gear box in question. 10 pin 2az fe engine.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2016
mayor2013:

Do not give yourself high bp. Just go get another gearbox

Lol.. Pls u have an idea of price??
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 3:38am On Nov 22, 2016
Waiting for reply.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Autopartz: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2016
For information on the Toyota Camry 2003 Gearbox(Complete) to buy and at what price, you can contact the suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Select Toyota (Make); Camry (Model) and then 2003 (Year)

Subsequently, visit the "Transmission/Gearbox" category under the 'browse categories' column and click on Gearbox(Complete).

All the suppliers of Gearbox(Complete) for Toyota Camry 2003 registered with us would be displayed.

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get any information you need on Gearbox(Complete).

However, AutoPartz now supply highest grade Gearboxes directly to your doorstep (backed with warranty).

If interested, send requests to 08097772886 (WhatsApp)
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 5:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Autopartz:
For information on the Toyota Camry 2003 Gearbox(Complete) to buy and at what price, you can contact the suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Select Toyota (Make); Camry (Model) and then 2003 (Year)

Subsequently, visit the "Transmission/Gearbox" category under the 'browse categories' column and click on Gearbox(Complete).

All the suppliers of Gearbox(Complete) for Toyota Camry 2003 registered with us would be displayed.

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get any information you need on Gearbox(Complete).

Note that all suppliers are registered members of the auto spare parts market associations indicated on the site and their contact information have been verified.

Please share your experience with us.

Thanks
www.autopartz.com (Nigeria's premier online auto parts marketplace)

Trid it bit not working. Could not find any. Pls peeps I need answers. Thanks.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by Autopartz: 5:33am On Nov 23, 2016
It's working for me.

Are you sure you selected Toyota(Make), Camry(Model) and Year(2003); then Gearbox(Complete) ?

If it gave you a blank output, you must have typed the wrong auto part.

It's working for me. Why not try it again?

Else, fill the 'Can't find part' form on the main site and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 1:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Gazzuzz et AL. waiting for a reply. Thanks. Help a broda out
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32am On Nov 24, 2016
mike070:

Lol.. Pls u have an idea of price??

100k available if you want
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by mike070: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ok @ Gazzuzz. How much will be used to transport it to Benin. And hope my normal mechanic can fix it?? I just pray it's d gear. i don't want a situation where I will. Change it and d problem will still persist. Car still moves pretty fine except d delay in D when car is started in d morning also when car cools for a long period of time. Still scanned but no transmission error code found.
Re: Toyota Camry Transmission Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
mike070:
Ok @ Gazzuzz. How much will be used to transport it to Benin. And hope my normal mechanic can fix it?? I just pray it's d gear. i don't want a situation where I will. Change it and d problem will still persist. Car still moves pretty fine except d delay in D when car is started in d morning also when car cools for a long period of time. Still scanned but no transmission error code found.

Boss no vex, buy am for benin. Or drive the car to lagos, and I will install it for you. I value my sleep.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stollen Catalytic Converter / Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say / My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.