Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location (81166 Views)

Bodo-Bonny Bridge Completed After 50 Years / Night Life In Bonny Island / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by okowande(f): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
OkoAnike:

Op, have u been there... Huuummm, am not sure
U dey fnd trouble for state sha
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by aalangel(f): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
NeChErEnO1:
mak i hear sy e fyn reach abakpa nike enugu

Abakpa nti Ike.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by dimexy247(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
TheProfe:

From what you posted, you are referring to NLNG Industrial Area (IA) as well as it's Residential Area (RA).
Asides from the Shell facility as well as Mobil facility, the rest of Bonny and Finima are really not special.

In addition, you only get a temporary visitor's pass with touch of Yellow from NLNG's HRP unit and not Visa.

Ok
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Philcool(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
darelar:
Is it the same bonny that they said they don't use car there? A friend of mine that's policeman there, said that they don't drive car there and they can't stand on something that will be higher a bit when the king is going out. So for that reason, you must trek.
Your police friend didn't tell you these untrue stories. Bonny island is as a small city with main roads, streets and lanes where majority of the roads are made of concrete and not tar which provide smooth movements to all manner of vehicles ply which were barged into the island. I used to work there and spent a long time there.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Philcool(m): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
fratermathy:

Even foreigners donot need a visa to enter the island. Any foreigner entering Nigeria comes through an airport and anything concerning visa is done at the airport. Once the foreigner is cleared, s/he can visit anywhere in Nigeria.
You are absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Philcool(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
EVILFOREST:
It is FINE because the WHITES inhabit there.

Just handover BONNY ISLAND to the BLACKS , then come back in few weeks for RESULTS.....

DON'T share with me , the results u will get.
Come to Nairaland with the Results, period.

Bonny and Whites are 5 and 6
The whites no longer live in the town these days again please. They are workers for the numerous oil and gas companies and they live in the company's residential areas among other Nigerian staffs that are being alocated with accommodations where there is security and access with protocols.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by darelar(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2016
Philcool:
Your police friend didn't tell you these untrue stories. Bonny island is as a small city with main roads, streets and lanes where majority of the roads are made of concrete and not tar which provide smooth movements to all manner of vehicles ply which were barged into the island. I used to work there and spent a long time there.

if you read well, I never told you that he said there's no motorable road there. The answer should be either they use car's as means of movement or transportation within the town of bonny island or not. He served there more than 3 years.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by jeyselassie(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2016
fratermathy:

This is one of the most endearing features of the island, in my opinion.

I doubt this. As long as it is in Nigeria and Nigerians are entering the island, we don't need a visa of any form. So as a Nigerian, can't I go and settle down there?
settle as in how? ur grandpa get land dere? u think say na mile12 junction wey dem den fry akara and sell okrika?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Rockyrascal(m): 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
dimexy247:
8. Visitors to the Island are issued a temporary visa stating the number of days they’d be spending.
this is a huge lie.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Jay2391: 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hello, I am hoping that someone on here might be able to help me out. I am looking for the name of the contractors that build New Finima on Bonny Island. I understand that the village was moved to make way for the NLNG plant and I was just curious what company was involved in the construction of New Finima or the demolition of the Old Finima. I hope someone can share some good info with me. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by Ilamina(f): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2019
Bonny town has 24 hour light too, not just the LNG

And yes the town looks ghetto
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by elpadrone(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
How much does it cost to get across Bonny River by boat? I appreciate your kind answers. Thanks
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by osogma: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2020
elpadrone:
How much does it cost to get across Bonny River by boat? I appreciate your kind answers. Thanks

Its N2,200.00K if you are using the speedboat from PHC(Nembe Waterside) to Bonny.
Re: Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location by elpadrone(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Yo, thank you very much
osogma:

Its N2,200.00K if you are using the speedboat from PHC(Nembe Waterside) to Bonny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) / The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.