Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA (58088 Views)

23-Year-Old John Paul Mwirigi Wins Parliamentary Seat In Kenya / Kenyan Woman, Lucy Gihuhi Wins Senate Seat In Australia / Jewell Jones To Be Youngest State Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by broseme: 9:09am On Nov 12, 2016
21-year-old Jewell Jones, a double major student of Political science and Finance at University of Michigan has become the youngest person to be elected as State Representative in Michigan, USA. The 21-year-old politician was elected to fill a State Representative seat on Tuesday.

Jewell Jones has given his family much to celebrate over the past few years and he's done it yet again with his latest historic accomplishment.

On Tuesday, the 21-year-old politician was elected to fill a State Representative seat, beating out opponent Robert Pope with 66 percent of the vote. The seat became vacant following the sudden passing of former Rep. Julie Plawecki earlier this year. The victory makes Jones the youngest state representative ever elected in the state of Michigan and marks the second time he's made political history within the last year. In 2015, he became the youngest person ever to be sworn in as a member of the Inkster City Council at age 20.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/21yr-old-jewel-jones-wins-state.html

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2016
Congrats

Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor 2019

My Honourable self for House of Reps Ngor-Okpala/ Aboh Mbaise Federal Constituency 2019

In God We Trust cool cool cool cool

21 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Congrats Youngman.... 2019 loading for me...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Damibiz(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Jst imaging if it was in Nigeria......TINUBU nd co will be like young man re u ready to die cus politic is for the Elder them......congrate dude

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Joephat(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2016
lucky dude,

if you were born in Nigeria. probably at this age you should be writing your second jamb or thinking about your pume.

296 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by FlySly05: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2016
The only thing they will let most 21 year olds do here in Nigeria is being political thugs.

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2016
Wow!...Nice one.

While we have old fools who make our politics a do or die affairs that youths can't participate...Nigeria has a long way to go.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by richidinho(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2016
David Mark great grand child

Banabas Gemade great grand child

Jonah Jang great grand child

Adamu Aliero great grand child

Nigeria which way

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nukualofa: 9:29am On Nov 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Congrats Youngman.... 2019 loading for me...
under which party undecided

Vote in Tonye and bade goodbye to our national purse grin

20 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by fotadmowmend(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nukualofa: 9:30am On Nov 12, 2016
FlySly05:
The only thing they will let most 21 year olds do here in Nigeria is being political thugs.
go to Bet9ja shops and see Nigeria 21 year old wasting away

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by carammel(f): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2016
Congrats to to you boy.

Your fathers agemates are on Nairaland daily forming political e-warriors to those that do not care about them, if only you could help talk sense into them.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2016
Nukualofa:
under which party undecided

Vote in Tonye and bade goodbye to our national purse grin
You will know very soon. This board will be my virtual campaign office... I hope I will get full cooperation from fellows here. cool

Don't get the bold though

6 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by sinkhole: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2016
asuo27:
Wow!...Nice one.

While we have old fools who make our politics a do or die affairs that youths can't participate...Nigeria has a long way to go.
If this is in Africa it would have "wao" me, but in the WEST? anything can happen, a CAT even won election somewhere, I think in the same USA, sometimes ago shocked grin
Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nukualofa: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You will know very soon. This board will be my virtual campaign office... I hope I will get full cooperation from fellows here. cool

Don't get the bold though
Tonye you will eat all the yam in our barn and use long epistles to deceive Nigerians.

You will be better than buhari because you will steal our wealth then write long epistles to deceive us while buhari can't write anything as a dulllard

25 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nukualofa: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2016
carammel:
Congrats to to you boy.

Your fathers agemates are on Nairaland daily forming political e-warriors to those that do not care about them, if only you could help talk sense into them.
Do you have to mention Dropshot here grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2016
Nukualofa:
Tonye you will eat all the yam in our barn and use long epistles to deceive Nigerians.

You will be better than buhari because you will steal our wealth then write long epistles to deceive us while buhari can't write anything as a dulllard
I have a reputation. Crazy guy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nukualofa: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I have a reputation. Crazy guy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nna leave that reputation grin we sabi the scores. Career politicians naim be our problem

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by kettle84(m): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2016
And we have people in their thirties displaying childish ethnic bashing on Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2016
@21in Nigeria, u shuld be thinking of getting a job less than 30k a month (datz if u're coming frm a bright hilltop) lol cool

3 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by angeltolly(f): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Some 21 years old Nigerians also participate in politics now.......

Well, as part of politicians' rented crowd cry 1000 naira daily embarassed

17 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2016

Dumb Nigerians always comparing a 55 year old Nigeria to a 238 year old USA.

12 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by casttlebarbz(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2016
Not possible in my country

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2016
givan:
@21in Nigeria, u shuld be thinking of getting a job less than 30k a month (datz if u're coming frm a bright hilltop) lol cool

At 21 in the USA, you either be on drugs, in jail or in the grave or have baby mamas or baby daddies

What do your dumb ass think USA is ?? A paradise ??

Stop comparing wasted USA with Nigeria

This is the last time i will tell you to use your brain

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
waiting for Trump to deport this one...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
Youngest
Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by IbadanHome: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
And in Nigeria all they want to do is MMM and Yahoo..ok na grin

4 Likes

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by ibroh22(m): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
ok
Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by PaulIdu: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2016
richidinho:
David Mark great grand child

Banabas Gemade great grand child

Jonah Jang great grand child

Adamu Aliero great grand child

Nigeria which way

Your own grand child..which way Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Deeboiy: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2016
Thumbs up. Witness greatness
Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2016
TEVLI:
waiting for Trump to deport this one...

How old are you ??

So, you think that the President of USA can deport anyone ??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA by Jamesmatic(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2016
I'm speechless... Honestly smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! / Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.