Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate (1920 Views)

I Earn Only N24000 As A Chemistry And Physics Teacher — Nigerian Man Cries Out / Job Prospects Of A Chemistry Graduate / What Is The Hope Of An Industrial Chemistry Graduate in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by Hybrid01: 9:58am On Nov 12, 2016
Please I need advice from experienced people. I am about studying Chemistry in a Nigerian University which has always been my passion but due to the different stories i have been hearing so far, i am not so sure of my stand any more. I am not so sure about the job prospects of a Chemist. i was told almost everything in life is related to chemistry but I am not sure how true that is in real life.
And I would appreciate if someone can help with the difference between a degree in Chemistry and a degree in Industrial Chemistry if there is any.
I checked course outlines under Chemistry in the university and I was happy for what I saw but I just want to be sure if they are use able in real life. Thanks.
And Which degree is more marketable between Biochemistry and Chemistry.
Thanks.
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2016
it's not even advisable to study Chemistry in Nigeria .......If you really like Chemistry just study pharmacy which is a professional course

1 Like

Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by Hybrid01: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2016
davbravo:
it's not even advisable to study Chemistry in Nigeria .......If you really like Chemistry just study pharmacy which is a professional course
Thanks. Please what course are you/did you study in the university

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hybrid01:

Thanks. Please what course are you/did you study in the university
Uwc....Im studying Medical Laboratory Sciences
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by moshark06(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2016
do not let anyone to deceive you, chemistry/industrial chemistry is a lucrative course to study if that is your passionate course go for it and leave the rest to God. chemistry is even more open to more career option than med lab.you can make research on it.pharmacy is a great course you can go for it if you have interest in it. don't be mislead
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
moshark06:
do not let anyone to deceive you, chemistry/industrial chemistry is a lucrative course to study if that is your passionate course go for it and leave the rest to God. chemistry is even more open to more career option than med lab.you can make research on it.pharmacy is a great course you can go for it if you have interest in it. don't be mislead
Please, do u have to make a comparison with the course I'm studying just because I mentioned it above to prove your point ...Did I ask him to choose MLS..... He asked for an advise, And I said my opinion......
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by moshark06(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
you start it in the first place.you said "it is not even advisable to study chemistry in Nigeria".are you trying to say there are no successful chemistry graduate?.chemistry physics mathematics are the backbone of sciences having a degree in these courses open more ways for opportunity in divers field.that is why a science student is required to pass these subject @ o' level
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
moshark06:
you start it in the first place.you said "it is not even advisable to study chemistry in Nigeria".are you trying to say there are no successful chemistry graduate?.chemistry physics mathematics are the backbone of sciences having a degree in these courses open more ways for opportunity in divers field.that is why a science student is required to pass these subject @ o' level
So giving my opinion is a crime........ I only told him what I thought.... I'm not saying we don't have successful Chemists in Nigeria..... but there are a few of them.......And I said its not advisable, so he won't end up using the degree to work in another field ( eg Marketing, Banking)......... Chemistry is his passion and I asked him to pick pharmacy which is related to Chemistry.........Its now his choice for him to accept the advice or not
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by Hybrid01: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
moshark06:
Thanks. I have not really been interested in pharmacy though. I just love Chemistry as a course and the course outlines I saw on the university's website made me happy as they seem like things we relate to everyday.
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by Hybrid01: 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
davbravo:
So giving my opinion is a crime........ I only told him what I thought.... I'm not saying we don't have successful Chemists in Nigeria..... but there are a few of them.......And I said its not advisable, so he won't end up using the degree to work in another field ( eg Marketing, Banking)......... Chemistry is his passion and I asked him to pick pharmacy which is related to Chemistry.........Its now his choice for him to accept the advice or not

I understand what you are saying sir. Thanks
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hybrid01:

Thanks. I have not really been interested in pharmacy though. I just love Chemistry as a course and the course outlines I saw on the university's website made me happy as they seem like things we relate to everyday.
Please, If you really love Chemistry go for it......I only told you what I thought of it o...... Don't let me discourage you...... Besides, who knows... you may make a difference in the future
Re: Job Prospects For A Chemistry Graduate by davbravo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hybrid01:
I understand what you are saying sir. Thanks
Uwc

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Do They Write SAT Exams In Nigeria / Effect Of SSANU, NASU, NAAT Strike So Far In Your School. / Apply For 2021/2022 NNPC/Total International Masters Degree Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.