Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,443 members, 7,801,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) (4596 Views)

Reconstruction Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP / Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by DelGardo: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
Just got this from the twitter handle of the Fed Min of PWH. Can anyone verify this?

If true please permit me to say God bless Buhari.

Something the hero could not achieve in 6 years, yet my blind people carry the guy matter for head like gala

Source : *https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxC7e-cXEAAs8AM.jpg:large

@FMPWHng

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Elkay3: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
Let's hope is true. But still, there's no need for shading anyone.

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by sarrki(m): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:
Just got this from the twitter handle of the Fed Min of PWH. Can anyone verify this?

Something the hero could not achieve in 6 years, yet my blind people carry the guy matter for head like gala

You are bless too my bro
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Sibrah: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
Politics of blind hate has gotten us nowhere in this country . . .

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by dunkem21(m): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
No source ..Nothing cheesy
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by DelGardo: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
Elkay3:
Let's hope is true. But still, there's no need for shading anyone.

Didn't mean it that way but if Buhari fixes that road, despite the hatred of some misguided Igbos, folks should eat the humble pie and apologise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by sarrki(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2016
In as much the masses are divided

Nothing good will come out of our dear country

2 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Be Like Say Buhari really train this guys to become another Joseph Goebbels

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
They have started again with lies apc government and lies. . They want to claim ugwuanyi work? . .

they even claimed they worked on the head bridge onitsha part of d road.

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has commenced the rehabilitation of failed portions of the old Enugu-Onitsha road with the sum of N783 million, the state Commissioner for Information, Dr Godwin Udeuhele, has said.
Addressing newsmen on Thursday on the outcome of the state executive council meeting held on Wednesday night, Udeuhele said that the move was due to the hardship commuters were facing on the road.
He said that the contract, which covered three kilometers of the 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba road, was awarded to ANBEEZ Nig. Ltd.
The commissioner said that several earth-moving machines were already on site.
He said that the attention of the state government was drawn to the deplorable nature of the road, which he said, had threatened to cut the state off from Anambra.
He said that economic activities between the two sister states were brought to a halt due to the deplorable condition of the road.
The commissioner said that the complete failure of the dual carriage Enugu-Onitsha expressway had made all vehicles to ply the old road, thereby causing failure of many portions of the road.
“This is sequel to the hardship caused by the deplorable nature of the road arising from heavy traffic occasioned by the impassable nature of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway,” he said.
“The entire length of the road covers 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba, but we are working at the border between Enugu and Anambra states which has failed,” he said.
Udeuhele said that the state government, had three years ago, invested N4.794 billion on the road, stressing that the state had never neglected its portion of the old road.
“The state government did some work on that particular section, but it got bad again when the volume of traffic increased as a result of the complete failure of the Enugu-Onitsha express road,” he said.
He said that government was moved to commence work on the road in spite of its lean resources since that was the only road that linked traders from Enugu and Ebonyi to the main market in Onitsha.
The commissioner appealed to the Federal Government to listen to the cries of the masses and rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha expressway, which he said, had been neglected for more than 15 years.
“Our traders and indeed, other business people move their goods on daily basis through that road and we don’t want to hinder the commercial activities going on in Onitsha.
“The Federal Government should expedite action on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway because we understand the contract has been awarded. They should do their own part,” Udeuhele said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ugwuanyi-begins-rehabilitation-of-old-enugu-onitsha-road/

12 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Elkay3: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:

Didn't mean it that way but if Buhari fixes that road, despite the hatred of some misguided Igbos, folks should eat the humble pie and apologise.
You're right, absolutely right.
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:
@FMPWHng

Apc government be looking for achievements to claim. . Smh for you

4 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
The federal government is working seriously on all the roads in the Southeast of nairaland and twitter.... We ipod yoots yaff decamped to apc blame party to please dem

6 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Amazing
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:

Bro shut up.

2 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by ChimaAdeoye: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
[size=13pt]

Propaganda animals everywhere!

Which road is Buhari repairing in the entire SE?

The only road part of Enugu-Onitsha expressway being repaired is the part Enugu state governor just recently awarded and the part Obiano has been struggling to do around Awkuzu area.

Ndi ala!
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
They have started again with their lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Cooly100: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
Elkay3:

You're right, absolutely right.

..and if it is all lies...will you come back to eat your vomit?

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
Deepfreezer:
They have started again with their lies and propaganda.
dnt mind bunch of zombies...im not moved by dat.
mayb he culd make dis xmas a memorable one by subsidizing d cost of rice to 8k per bag grin

3 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:

just shut ur f*cking mouth, are there no igbos in apc? shud he neglect the igbos that voted for him? thats if this story is even true
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2016
APC zombies taking glory of Enugu state Governor's project.grin

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by chiefobdk(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
sarrki:
In as much the masses are divided
Nothing good will come out of our dear country
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=13pt]
The only road part of Enugu-Onitsha expressway being repaired is the part Enugu state governor just recently awarded and the part Obiano has been struggling to do around Awkuzu area.
Ndi ala!
[/size]
catal:
just shut ur f*cking mouth, are there no igbos in apc? shud he neglect the igbos that voted for him? thats if this story is even true
elvischukie:

mayb he culd make dis xmas a memorable one by subsidizing d cost of rice to 8k per bag grin
catal:

They re fixing all federal roads in the Southeast of NAIRALAND AND TWITTER
SamuelAnyawu:
grin grin grin grin
Be Like Say Buhari really train this guys to become another Joseph Goebbels
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=13pt]
Ndi ala!
[/size]
catal:
elvischukie:

catal:

They re fixing all federal roads in the Southeast of NAIRALAND AND TWITTER

2 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Ilovemystate: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
chiefobdk:
T

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ugwuanyi-begins-rehabilitation-of-old-enugu-onitsha-road/
That's old road the state gov is rehabilitating, the pictures he posted are Enugu/Onitsha express-way been done by RCC
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by greatiyk4u(m): 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
As an Enugu guy....I can testify that RCC is working tirelessly on that road now

Going from 9tmile to awka the right lane has been fixed (rehabilitated) though the state government of Enugu claims the responsibility

As for the second lane, fantastic job is going on there now....

Every good news cannot be propaganda

3 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Elkay3: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
[quote author=Cooly100 post=50981823][/quote]
Don't misread me. His assertion is right, doesn't mean work is going on or not. Check the earlier comments...
Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by DelGardo: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
greatiyk4u:
As an Enugu guy....I can testify that RCC is working tirelessly on that road now

Going from 9tmile to awka the right lane has been fixed (rehabilitated) though the state government of Enugu claims the responsibility

Based on your eye witness account I say once again may God bless Buhari and all the lovers of progress and development.

I can now look forward to travelling to 042, the beautiful, for Christmas knowing it won't be a nightmare trip.

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by omoyowa: 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
greatiyk4u:

d Enugu state govt are d ones fixing their roads and not federal govt...
I don't know while fed govt takes glory on other people work....WHY.

2 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by omoyowa: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:

Based on your eye witness account I say once again may God bless Buhari and all the lovers of progress and development.

I can now look forward to travelling to 042, the beautiful, for Christmas knowing it won't be a nightmare trip.

guy it is Enugu state govt that is fixing d road...
Obiano is looking for people that will fix Anambra portion of d road

3 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by wiseguy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Even without verifying people are shouting propaganda. Are we Igbos always want to hear bad news even when the good news reaches us? My sister travelled from Enugu to Asaba last week. She called me when she left Enugu. When she called that she has arrived her house in Asaba, I demanded to know what happened as I wasn't expecting her to have arrived her destination that early because of the terrible state of the Enugu/Onitsha road. My sister told me that she arrived early because the FG has started work there. She specifically told me the contractor is RCC. Yes, she also confirmed that the Enugu Govt did an adjoining road also.
Criticize when someone is not meeting up expectation but also give kudos when the person is working. We were using that road for the past six years without complaining. Kudos to PMB!

4 Likes

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by greatiyk4u(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
omoyowa:

d Enugu state govt are d ones fixing their roads and not federal govt...
I don't know while fed govt takes glory on other people work....WHY.

Honesty pays.....is enugu government also paying for the ananbra section of the road?

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by omoyowa: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Honesty pays.....is enugu government also paying for the ananbra section of the road?

Are u OK....
d awka axis was done by peter obi......
umunya to awka is d Anambra axis that is dilapidated....
d fed govt should go their and work...

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Ngozi123(f): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
DelGardo:

@FMPWHng

Didn't the Enugu State Governor pledge to rebuild parts of this road? I'm not defending GEJ btw, he was a poor president, but I don't understand why you are giving Buhari undeserved credit here. Are his achievements so sparse that you have to invent new ones now?

Btw, anyone who believes this and calls IPOB members gullible is an absolute hypocrite.

Edit: Never mind, the road I'm referring to is the old Enugu-Onitsha road, not the expressway.

1 Like

Re: On-going FG Rehab Of Enugu - Onitsha Highway (pics) by Ngozi123(f): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
chiefobdk:
They have started again with lies apc government and lies. . They want to claim ugwuanyi work? . .

they even claimed they worked on the head bridge onitsha part of d road.

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has commenced the rehabilitation of failed portions of the old Enugu-Onitsha road with the sum of N783 million, the state Commissioner for Information, Dr Godwin Udeuhele, has said.
Addressing newsmen on Thursday on the outcome of the state executive council meeting held on Wednesday night, Udeuhele said that the move was due to the hardship commuters were facing on the road.
He said that the contract, which covered three kilometers of the 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba road, was awarded to ANBEEZ Nig. Ltd.
The commissioner said that several earth-moving machines were already on site.
He said that the attention of the state government was drawn to the deplorable nature of the road, which he said, had threatened to cut the state off from Anambra.
He said that economic activities between the two sister states were brought to a halt due to the deplorable condition of the road.
The commissioner said that the complete failure of the dual carriage Enugu-Onitsha expressway had made all vehicles to ply the old road, thereby causing failure of many portions of the road.
“This is sequel to the hardship caused by the deplorable nature of the road arising from heavy traffic occasioned by the impassable nature of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway,” he said.
“The entire length of the road covers 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba, but we are working at the border between Enugu and Anambra states which has failed,” he said.
Udeuhele said that the state government, had three years ago, invested N4.794 billion on the road, stressing that the state had never neglected its portion of the old road.
“The state government did some work on that particular section, but it got bad again when the volume of traffic increased as a result of the complete failure of the Enugu-Onitsha express road,” he said.
He said that government was moved to commence work on the road in spite of its lean resources since that was the only road that linked traders from Enugu and Ebonyi to the main market in Onitsha.
The commissioner appealed to the Federal Government to listen to the cries of the masses and rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha expressway, which he said, had been neglected for more than 15 years.
“Our traders and indeed, other business people move their goods on daily basis through that road and we don’t want to hinder the commercial activities going on in Onitsha.
“The Federal Government should expedite action on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway because we understand the contract has been awarded. They should do their own part,” Udeuhele said.

Thank you for setting the record straight. Had you not made this post, I'm sure that many people here will be insulting south-easterners without reproach.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Pic Why Notherner Are The Most Informed Politically Without Social Media / Osinbajo: Nigeria Will Fulfil Climate Commitments / Mother Remains Unconscious As Deborah Samuel’s Corpse Arrives Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.