Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (48676 Views)

Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Sinister Affections Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tojahh(m): 6:25am On Dec 29, 2016
You're really trying with update
No worry, I go bring cocoyam for you from my village

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Baba i sight u ooooo.... I just dey feel ur updates.. we need more!!
#TEAM_AFM
#occupies the front seat and start drinking my Holandia youghurt to stupor
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Ultimategeneral: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
#occupies the front seat and start drinking my Holandia youghurt to stupor[/quote]
Hmmm drinking hollandia youhgurt to stupor seams I will try it

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by cho25bc(f): 1:12am On Dec 31, 2016
Fantastic piece!thanks for not disappointing me.
But pls, correct some spellings.tears can only be shed,not shred.'Shedding tears',shredding is cutting something to pieces,like fruits n vegetables.
Past tense of 'ran' is 'run',not 'runned'.
'Shook',not 'shaked'.
Keep em coming

2 Likes

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
........................Continuation.....................................

Bringing his head up, his eyes was watery, products of the vomit was on his lower lip, a pounding headache came with it, almost busting out his senses.

On getting the bedroom door, he turned the doorknob and pushed it Inside, the lights were out, which made the room dark, but he could make out how two silhouettes curdled together on the bed separated at once.

He reached for the light switch which was at the left hand side of the wall, switching it on, he saw two almost naked bodies on the bed, one was Segun, who used a pillow to cover the genital part of his body, while the other one was a dark pretty teenage girl, about the same age with Segun, she had an afro hair cut as she used the grey bed cover to cover her front body from armpit down.

She humbled her eyes to the bed, feeling shy of her current predicament. But it was Segun who had the ego to speak up.

“Dad, what are you doing here?” he asked

Segun’s Dad took two steps into the room “But this is my house, I have every sordid right to come to my house” he said defiantly as he opened his eyes the more.

Segun’s Dad eyes were touched with inferno purchased from the pit of hell, it was like a volcano that is originated from the sun, it came with a force, an anger it is.

“But you said you are on a business trip to Yola”

In his drunky state, he said as he pointed his finger to Segun

“You son of Sodom and Gomorrah, I banish you from this house!” he said further “Pack your things and appurtenances and leave my house. I disown you as a son.”

That was all that happened, under the cold rain, and as the moon was stained with a little dark cloud on it, so did Segun packed out his bags and personal belongings from his father’s house, with hatred that was inherited, never forgive nor show mercy to anyone.

No mercy became Segun’s mantra as he lived in uncompleted buildings, rotating round a burning wood in the bush with some cultists with Ak-47 at hand.

Till that day, that dreadful night, when the wolf in the forest of Gwanyang, cried out to its fellow wolves because it was the full moon, time for the hunt, which came.

It came as a knock to Segun’s Dad door, the knock came again, but this time, it was loud enough to wake up the neighbour next to Segun’s Dad’s house.

Segun’s Dad opened the door, the man was skinny as if a disease has taken its toll on his body, the wind that blew could almost push him to the ground, he had erected a black beard on his jaw, but tiny white hair had spring up amongst the host of black beard.

His eyes were shaky, not steady as before, those piercing bright eyes that looked at a vehicle and knows when it was made, was stumbling for sleep.

He looked forward, but the doorway was empty, he felt delusional, no, he heard a knock, he was certain, he made the effort to step out onto the doorway, which he did.

Looking left and right, he searched for the stranger or a known person that knocked the door, seeing no one but some children playing with a doll, maybe his mind was playing tricks on him this time around, maybe he will lose it at any point in time, when all is said and done, he will be admitted into the rehabilitation centre for psychological reset of the current mind disorder that is going on in his brain.

Turning, to go back inside his room, he staggered, that was when he heard it, it was like a splash of water, as if the moon was sliced into two, making the halves dangle due to separation of the whole.

It sounded more of an electronic beep, like a time bomb, but this is different, it was fast, subtle and unbelievable.

How can an electronic beep be that fast, no, it’s not, it was the pressing of a trigger, the release of a cold metallic tiny short rod, which was released into his heart.

Segun’s Dad heaved for more breath as if the oxygen in the atmosphere is not enough, as if all oxygen should be diverted to him only, even if all oxygen were diverted to him, he couldn’t take it, as he slumped on the red rug, tainting the red rug with bright and red liquid, coming from his skinny body, in his very heart, two red colours competing on the rug, but the difference is clear.

He tried, to mutter a word, help, but the thinking faculties were altered, blocked, by some evil forces, unseen, or by the cut of an organ.

His eyes, his eyes were sleepy, they wanted to be shut, the owner of the eyes still want them open, but he was powerless, in a slow motion, both eyes were shutting down, as if a computer is about to go off.

Looking at his room for the last time, the room had changed its colour, going from bright to faint, then darkness fell on him, like a black blanket covering his face.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

DRINK LESS. READ MORE.

READERS!

CHAPTER 42

Firemen rushed to the scene, as acting crew had evacuated the stage, their rubber water pipe in hand, they rushed with an agitation that every patriotic citizen of a country ached for.

The house was already engrossed with fire, a flame aching towards the sky as if the clouds and sun were consumables to be entangled with.

Spectators stood at the other side of the house, this time they were large in numbers than when the scene started.

Children chatted as they pointed to the fire and made fun of the firemen that couldn’t go real close the fire, daring them to go near the fire with such naivety, as if the fire was a gushing water that will cool the body.

Some onlookers who were present when the Police came to the area, narrated how it all started, from the Police storming the vicinity with their RRS team as if a terrorist situation is drawn, then to how they barged into the grounds of the house currently burning, how a series of shootings were heard, which alarmed the neighbourhood into seclusion into everyone's house.

Then to the almost deafening explosion that even made people to wrap themselves underneath their beds with the gripping fear of dying by bomb explosion.

Some passerby stood to watch the burning house, some folded their arms, in their native languages they spoke to the onlookers, that they hoped no one is currently trapped in the fire.

RRS Team stood at the gate inorder to wade off all onlookers and a press, working for an upcoming newspaper in the state.

The head reporter of the press crew alleged, that they had every right to be at the site of the scene, taking photos and videos, which will elucidated and shed more light to their story when it is printed in paper for the general public to read.

But the RRS didn’t bite, instead, told the press crew to stand opposite the house to get the photos they needed, and inside the house is off bound.

After threats were being thrown by the press crew, they retreated as they stood in front of the house, taking photos and videos of the burning house inorder to sell it out to other media houses in need of it.

The head reporter scribbled on his notepad as he quizzically questioned some knowing onlookers about the happenings of the day, this resulted to many onlookers speaking at once inorder to be shown on television, for having the detailed events of the burning house.

The flames were vanishing as tons of water rushed into the house, firefighters scattered about in the compound with their helmets on their heads, protecting their heads from incoming fire spill and a self contained breathing apparatus.

Ladders were temporarily attached to the house as the firefighters climbed the ladder with their long water rubber pipe in hand.

Water was opened into the house through the window, and some firemen had to mount the stairs to the room the fire was originated from.

The deflated and snake-like water pipe erected to a chubby stand when the water tank was opened for all water pipes attached to it, it stood with such firmness that one could run off when seen for the first time.

Noise engulfed the area as the firemen barked orders at one another through the use of two-way radios for communication.

One hour later.

It is now made naked and bare, the house has lost its invulnerabilities, its contents were turned into fuel for the fire, but the fire had dissipated into a faint haze of smoke, flying away into the sky, disappearing into the atmosphere, it is now being breathed in by the firemen as they carried out the body of Marcus.

The body was burnt beyond recognition, painted in black, the body depicts a horrifying omen, and it was a charred corpse. Calcinated, seared, burned.

The fire had most certainly done its damage, the skin was intertwined in its clothing. The sickly sweet aroma of overcooked flesh still hung in the air as they rolled it into an ambulance that arrived at the scene thirty minutes ago.

The onlookers stared at the remained carcass of the house, as if vultures had eaten away the good fortunes off it, and jamming their legs on the ground when they saw the corpse being rolled into the ambulance, lamenting for the loss of life, showing features of weeping, pity and sympathy on their black African faces.

The press crew quickly rushed to the gate inorder to get the news of the day, as they outstretched their camera to get a clearer look of the corpse that the firemen discovered.

The lead reporter holding a microphone that has a rug-like head and a chubby holding part almost to his mouth said

“A dead body was discovered by the firemen, as you can see, the body is being discharge into the ambulance.”

To be continued.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by SuperSurupe(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2017
Have been away for awhile and will be away for some time due to the nature of the network in my current location. Hav missed you guys alot, cry

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 9:21am On Jan 02, 2017
SuperSurupe:
Have been away for awhile and will be away for some time due to the nature of the network in my current location. Hav missed you guys alot, cry

Are you in the jungle in loools

Just pulling your leg, take your time.

We all will be here when you come back.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chai! Lawd have mercy

This guy sef.....maybe he would have served time and gotten out, even if he would have been a granpa then. This one of frying himself to death, ah ha
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
jagugu88li:
Chai! Lawd have mercy

This guy sef.....maybe he would have served time and got out, even if he would gave been a granpa then. This one of frying himself to death, ah ha

Where have you been?

Have missed you and your comments?

Pls respect the dead and pay homage. loools

Marcus rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by mattyboy007(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2017
Am over late bt no b will b dere soon
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Prinxxdave: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
FP
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by mxplosvtoluene(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Great story, only started reading till this point today.

I'm not trying to decide for the author, but I'll love if he could consider opening a WhatsApp group and continuing the story in there simultaneously. I'll be expecting a reply

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by SuperSurupe(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Whizzdom:

Are you in the jungle in loools

Just pulling your leg, take your time.

We all will be here when you come back.
Hahaha, Happy new year by the way...
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
mxplosvtoluene:
Great story, only started reading till this point today.

I'm not trying to decide for the author, but I'll love if he could consider opening a WhatsApp group and continuing the story in there simultaneously. I'll be expecting a reply

A WhatsApp Group for my story? How many people will be added?

Thank you for the recommendation but I don't want simultaneous platforms for my story as for now. Nairaland is easier to connect unlike WhatsApp when you start to refer people to your group, it takes time and you are the first person to bring it to my attention.

Please try to find time to read more here on Nairaland.

Readers!

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
Whizzdom:

Where have you been?

Have missed you and your comments?

Pls respect the dead and pay homage. loools

Marcus rest in peace.
Not even an insane reverend would agree to bury him. Isn't a sin to commit suicide (I can't remember the last tine I read the bible) or is it just me.

R.I.P Marcus tongue

2 Likes

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
CHAPTER 43

Sitting down and holding a mug of tea in his left hand was Marcus, after recounting his childhood ordeals, he sipped the tea in his hand with less interest in it, he had to drink it just to make his victim-to-be on the same page with him.

Walter Timileyin’s stomach looked big as he stood as if he had had too much food for the day and wanted to fall down somewhere and doze off.

His two hands were soft and clammy as he channel them to his back, folded and placed on his rear-end, and his legs were an inch apart from each other.

He stood near the dining table, beside the doorway Mr. Jude Peters will certainly emerge from.

Scorpion’s thoughts were unreadable to him, he tried to grasp his inner thinking, looking the back head of the man sitting on the couch, he tried to depict it all, and because he had a strong thought about this man, a bad aura surrounded him.

Walter Timileyin has always think of himself as a man who could pierce into the fountains of people’s lives, using his spiritual power that he thinks God of the religious Christian bodies gave him.

He looked at Scorpion with disdain and pity, how can a young man like him surround himself with dreadful omen that will chase away good fortunes from him.

He feared Scorpion not knowing that the evil ones are pinning him down with a corrupt karma ‘it is not his fault, he is blind’ he said in his mind.

During the course of his deductions, the enigmatic Mr. Jude Peters came into the room.

Walter Timileyin gestured him to Scorpion with the use of his hand, it was like saying ‘ladies first’ and he followed suit.

Scorpion turned his head back when he heard the sound coming from the opening and turning of the doorknob and opening it by Mr. Jude Peters, he erected up from his seat, adjusting his ruffled and tucked in Police shirt first, as if meeting with a lady he has being stalking for days, now was the moment of confrontation, he must put on his best appearance and boldness.

Mr. Jude Peters walked towards couch, where Scorpion was standing, he was wearing a casual white shirt that had a design of a two fledged bird on his chest like a badge.

His trousers were plain deep blue, but the fabric is not one to be made in Nigeria but on the international turf.

His perfume radiated the whole room giving it more reason for people to inhabit it the more, but his Dunlop slippers tainted in green and blue mishmash pushed the whole dressing code into ruin.

“Sit down” Mr. Jude Peters said to Scorpion positioning his left hand to the couch as he too took his seat.

Scorpion sat down as he studied the old man for weakness he thinks he did have. “Thank you sir.”

The room was silent for a minute as Mr. Jude Peters didn’t say anything as he directed his gaze to the television displaying a golf open championship.

But Scorpion pierced the atmosphere with his voice, resonating as it came to catch the attention of Mr. Jude Peters “Sir”

This action jolted Mr. Jude Peters back to the matter at hand, he turned his head towards Scorpion as if he had already planned to rotate it with such ease.

“Yea. How can I help you Officer…..?”

“Detective Sylvester, sir” Scorpion completed it.

“Yeah” Mr. Jude Peter said

Suddenly, Mr. Jude Peters’ voice changed the atmosphere with a quizzical look that came with it, in a loud offensive tone.

“One of your fellow Policeman drove into my compound and started questioning me if I have knowledge of anything belonging to Mr. Chief Fredrick in my possession.” He said further “I am a very busy man, I don’t have time for Policemen wanting some tip.”

Walter Timileyin at Scorpion’s back nodded his head to the statement of his master, agreeing with him and scorning Scorpion with mocking eyes.

Scorpion almost let out a frown at the man’s agitation “Sir, before I state the reason for my being here, can you tell you worker to excuse us?”

Mr. Jude Peters looking steadily at Scorpion replied without moving or rolling his eyeballs

“He can be trusted, and what you want to say, say it and let me attend to something else.”

“Sir, my fellow workers who came here before me, came on a different mission” he said further

“His mission is to find out if Chief Fredrick gave you anything before he died.” He said this with a serious look on his face, and stopped to let this sink in.

“And what is your mission here?” Mr. Jude Peters asked with a eyes trying to catch his bluffing.

“My mission is to let you know that some people are conspiring to kill you” he let this sink in before continuing “this is what our sources gathered.”

The strand of hair at the back of Walter Timileyin erected to a stand as he heard this shocking revelation, a threat to life? 'Mr. Jude Peters has never received a death threat from the inception day of working with him, it is a lie, this is how all this Policemen do, whenever they needed a large sum of money in their pocket as a bribe.’ He said in his mind further with a smirk ‘they, that can’t protect their own lives, want to protect the life of my master, very humorous’.

“Can I see your badge, some identification?” Mr. Jude requested.

Scorpion dipped into his trouser right pocket with two fingers, bringing out his wallet, he searched for his fake identity card, finding it, he brought it out, and outstretched it towards Mr. Jude.

Taking the identity card from Scorpion, he studied it with keen eyes as if praying for some discrepancies to pop up, but they didn’t, instead the photo passport size of Scorpion stood at the center of the card, while ‘The Nigerian Police Force’ is written at the top of it, with the post of Detective written below the photo passport in italics text.

Returning back the identity card with disappointment that he hoped the identity card were fake, which Scorpion collected from him with gentility of a refined man that he wasn’t.

Mr. Jude Peters blinked his eyes in quick succession as if his eyeballs have lost moisture.

It was as if the walls were enclosing to him, his heartbeat changed tune from two steady beat at a time to a gong beat, which he thought Detective Sylvester might hear if it continues in such spectrum.

The thought of some people trying to kill him almost wear him down but he composed himself, he doesn’t want to look vulnerable, timid and weak in front of this jerk that called himself a Detective.

“I receive lots of death threats most of the time, am a politician, so it’s plausible for some nutjob to carry a gun and declare he wants to end my life.” He said further in an arrogant manner “look at my mansion, look at the electrical shock sliver wire placed on my fence, un-climb-able, the gate is iron metallic made of a special kind of sulphur that will stop any bullet. And also a bunch of highly skilled security operatives.”

Mr. Jude Peters leaned forward and said “So don’t worry.”

Scorpion smiled this time around “Are you saying that the Police can’t protect you sir?”

“No, all am saying is that ‘I can handle myself with or without the Police intervention.” Mr. Jude Peters.

Scorpion seeing through the man said “So did you have any of Chief Fredrick’s things with you sir?” he asked as he brushed off the itchy back of his left ear.

Mr. Jude Peters stood up with boastfulness, adjusted his shirt very well before saying “No he didn’t and good day officer, my Walter will show you the door” and he left the presence of Scorpion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Ultimategeneral: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
I like the courage of this man
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
He handled scorpion properly, lets see if scorp can take both of them out at once. Am tired of scorpion killings though.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by preetypam(f): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Whizzdom dearie

sorry i'm late, didnt even know i had a mention but i'm here now...hope i'm welcomed shaa
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
preetypam:
Whizzdom dearie

sorry i'm late, didnt even know i had a mention but i'm here now...hope i'm welcomed shaa

You are most welcome ma.

Feel free, don't be shy and enjoy the story.

Readers!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
iamloyalty:
He handled scorpion properly, lets see if scorp can take both of them out at once. Am tired of scorpion killings though.

Scorpion will reap what he is sowing.

Endure.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ultimategeneral:
I like the courage of this man

Mr. Jude Peters is really a straight arrow.

Lols
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
jagugu88li:
Not even an insane reverend would agree to bury him. Isn't a sin to commit suicide (I can't remember the last tine I read the bible) or is it just me.

R.I.P Marcus tongue

Looools. Enjoy.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Tuhndhay(m): 12:40am On Jan 07, 2017
Following and glad you are updating as much as you can.... Good work Bro
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
CHAPTER 44

There are two opinions as to what type of interrogation room there should be.

According to the traditional thinking, an interrogation room should be at a place where there is no interference from the daily routine work of police office.

The room should have no windows, nothing should be hanging on the walls and there should be no telephone, so that the room is free from any distraction; two straight-up chairs without arms, one each for interrogator and suspect without a table in between.

The logic barrier this concept is that a table, a physical barrier in between, will lead to become a psychological barrier, and will be more advantageous to a suspect than an interrogator.

Again the interrogator will not be able to observe the suspect’s physical reaction to crime related and unrelated questions.

Similarly, a window with see-through views outside, decoration on the wall, and telephone ringing at the height of an interrogation are supposed to distract attention of the suspect and less advantageous to the atmosphere for interrogation.

But this concept has considerably changed now and the modern thinking is that an interrogation room should be more comfortable than the traditional interrogation room with all the modern facilities of observing and recording of the activities that takes place during interrogation.

Gone are those days when in a Nigerian Police Station interrogation room, the interrogation indulge in the barbaric torturing of suspects, by the pressing of electrical iron connected to the power source at the body of the suspect or innocent person.

There is some variation as a DVD recorder was placed in the middle of a square shaped table and a reasonable sized plasma television hung on the wall to show CCTV clips.

Also chairs was on Katrina’s side, the table and any fixed item are usually bolted to the floor to stop them being used as weapons, having a table thrown at you isn’t fun and the recorders can make a decent dent in your head if you don’t duck fast enough.

Most modern custody blocks have all rooms video linked to the main custody desk as well so that all activity can be seen and recorded remotely.

The alarm button now tends to be an alarm strip so that you can get to it from anywhere in the room.

Katrina sat down after drinking a cup of water given to her by Detective Abu and she said

“Thank you”.

Looking cagey, she looked around the interrogation room and was impressed as how Nigeria Police interrogation room has changed drastically, it was applauding.

She noticed how a CCTV camera hung at the far upper angle of the room, coated in black paint was the wall, making it hard for her to see the black tiny mosquito that temporarily attached itself to the wall, digesting the tiny blood it had drank before transferring it as malaria to another victim.

The lightings overhead brightly lit on her hair, radiating her face, a pure fluorescent light it is called.

Her hands was in the shackles of an iron ring that fitted into her wrists properly, which had a small iron chain affixed one iron ring to the other, it was impossible for her to remove it without its key, as a tiny passage-able hole for the entry of a small key to fit into.

She raised her thoughts like a mist, travelling fast and blanketed her mind, retracing her memories back to the house, their hideout, how Marcus had scream, stuck between the burning furnaces of fire, churning off his flesh, the horrific cries he had shed, almost inhuman for the police to have left him there, but when she thought of how Marcus had hold her leg, without giving her a rightful cause for her to stay, to die, as he had died, engulfed her with anger. ‘He thought I can just waste my life for who? Gen. Audu? A joke.’ She said this in her mind.

The doorknob was turned and tiny iron mechanics holding the fort of the interrogation room gave way and pushing the door forward, two figures appeared in the doorway.

The first figure was way dark and had a chubby cheek, while the other was slim with a physique of an exercise trainer.

Detective Abu, the chubby one, entered first, then Detective Niyi followed suit and closed the door behind him.

Detective Niyi had a white A4 paper file, its whiteness was stained by different vertical and horizontal lines on it.

Detective Abu came forward and sat in front of Katrina, while Detective Niyi rested his back to the wall, looking away from Katrina to the floor, downcast.

Katrina looked from Detective Niyi to Detective Abu sitting in her front, waiting for them to start interrogation, wondering who would go first, as if she had been trained to be interrogated.

But Detective Abu added sound to the atmosphere by the clearing of his throat before asking

“What is your name?”

Katrina didn’t respond, she was just looking eyeball to eyeball at Detective Abu.

“I asked what is your name?” Detective Abu said this with more vigour.

Katrina blinked her eyelids before answering “My name is Jane Doe.”

Detective Abu smiled, and then the smiling face turned into a frank coldness “Do you know the gravity of what you are in for? You are looking at a death penalty if you don’t cooperate with us now.”

Katrina shifted her gaze to Detective Niyi who was still surveying the floor as if a mysterious wild creature will emerge from it and eat everyone in the room for lunch.

“Jane Doe” Katrina said again.

“Dear, dear, Jane Doe, we searched our database for your personal info but we didn’t find any” he said further “that makes it good, because we are going to lock you away, no lawyer for you, you will be locked away in some shitty blackhole where male janitors will have their sexual pleasure with you, on a cold floor without a mattress, eating only half cooked beans and cassava and cutting grass without a slippers supporting your foot in the bush.”

He said with a satisfactorily smile “That is Nigerian Prison for you my dear.”

Katrina looked uncomfortable when she heard this. “My .......name..... is ..........Katrina"

“Katrina, hmmm, what kind of name is that?” Detective Abu asked.

“It is my covert name” Katrina said in a quiet voice as if choked to spill the bean.

Detective Abu arched his eyebrow “Hmm, covert name, I see. Then who is the other guy with you in the house when we brought you out?”

“His name is Marcus” Katrina answered reluctantly.

“Don’t you guys have any real name?” He asked.

“We had it before, …. But ….. it doesn’t exist anymore.” She replied.

To be continued.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tojahh(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Jane Doe

Op have you seen the movie "Blindspot"?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Smooth278(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nice update bro... Luck has run out for this cell of Gen Audu.. hopefully scorpion gets what he is due soon...
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2017
tojahh:
Jane Doe
Op have you seen the movie "Blindspot"?
No, why did you ask?
Is that name related to the movie Blindspot?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tojahh(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Whizzdom:

No, why did you ask?
Is that name related to the movie Blindspot?
Oh yes it is... But that's a story for another day
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Spending oya, dash some make we go spend abeg. Make I manage 50k Na? cheesy

The author needs to cone back and finish this.,I cant wait anymore

#LongLiveJude.........i like this guy

Anthony & co......where you de hide since na?

Gen. Audu Karma go dey soon reach
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Smooth278(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
tojahh:

Oh yes it is... But that's a story for another day

Jane doe is an anonymous name used by security operatives world wide ... It's used for females with no identification (usually dead ones)... my 2 cents pro bono

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

All The Women I Ever Dated - NYSC Chronicles / Free Download Of Over 90 Simpsons (bart Simpson) Comics / Elechi Amadi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.