Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child (1836 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Habit That Your Boyfriend/ Girlfriend Has? / Please What Do You Think I Should Do Leave Or Continue? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
A friend of mine, 25 to be exact, has a girlfriend who he's been in a relationship with for almost one and half years. As it seemed, they appear to have shared a lot together and from the look of things - as it all started off and stands at - they love each other very much. Unfortunately, very recently, about two weeks ago, my friend found out his girlfriend has a child - a boy she had from another relationship when she was a teenager.

This was devastating and disappointingly crushing! He was totally broken down and at a crossroad not knowing what to do; he talked with her about the discovery and all she kept and still keeps saying is that she loves him very much and felt like if she voiced it out earlier, she could have lost him, and she didn't want that to happen. On a deeper look into the issue, my friend said he isn't sure if he would or wouldn't have been turned off if she told her that at the commencement of the relationship, however, he's doubtful if she still has some other things she's hiding from him.

What's your suggestion? That he leaves or stays!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by whitelexi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
Leave!
Fast!!!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Godmother(f): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
she should have told him from the begining.Keeping secrets like that are not healthy.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
Why can't he consider the fact that she may have actually been scared to lose him if she had told him firsthand?
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by r231(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Why can't he consider the fact that she may have actually been scared to lose him if she had told him firsthand?

dats too big to digest mehn (a child) what was she thinking? dat he is never going to find out wow
he can still try to hear her out doh maybe there is a good reason behind it
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Alxmyr(m): 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
No big deal.
He should overlook that and continue.
He is the man, there is no threat at all.
But wait, your friend is 25.
Haa, he is young and by the time he will be ready to marry, she will be old for him.
For that he should leave. He has nothing to offer the poor girl but heartbreak at the end of the day.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^ They are about the same age. But are you saying if she was a little older than him he should walk because of that in contradiction to your first suggestion?
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by minute(f): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
Your friend probably feel kind of weird because his girlfriend has

has a whole other life.LOL.It must feel real awkward.But you never know,

the kid might be sweet and acceptable.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Alxmyr(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Most relationship in that age bracket fail woefully.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by zuuby(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
In this clime, a woman with a child is usually looked at ( not by everybody ) like a second hand or tokunbo.
So the guy may just be thinking how his family and relatives would accept an '' after one '' .
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by dominique(f): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2009
if only the girl had been upfront with him right from the start of the relationship, maybe he would have learnt to accept the situation. instead, she kept it to her self. . . who knows what else she has u p her sleeves.
my advice to the guy. . . leave ASAP, that woman cant be trusted
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Abbeycity4(f): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
zuuby:

In this clime, a woman with a child is usually looked at ( not by everybody ) like a second hand or tokunbo.
So the guy may just be thinking how his family and relatives would accept an '' after one '' .

hmmmmmm undecided undecided undecided
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by CrazyMan(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
I feel she has more skeletons in her cupboard; also, she’s might probably still be seeing the father of the child hence her muteness about the child towards your friend.

Doesn't she know that keeping such things secrete most especially when she claims to love the guy shows clearly that she has no iota of love for him.

Finally, why did she have to wait until the guy she claims to love found about her dirty little secrete from another source?

I believe that she has a hidden agenda; I would suggest that you tell your friend in question to seek love elsewhere and forget about this fellow.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2009
CrazyMan:

I feel she has more skeletons in her cupboard; also, she’s might probably still be seeing the father of the child hence her muteness about the child towards your friend.

Doesn't she know that keeping such things secrete most especially when she claims to love the guy shows clearly that she has no iota of love for him.

Finally, why did she have to wait until the guy she claims to love found about her dirty little secrete from another source?

I believe that she has a hidden agenda; I would suggest that you tell your friend in question to seek love elsewhere and forget about this fellow.

^^^^ Exactly!

I mean why did she have to hide that? Isnt she proud of her own son? I'd be wary of such a person cos who knows, she might even hide you if need be!

I cant tell him to leave or stay, God knows I'm the wrongest person to give such advice. But if you want to eat with the Devil, berra get yourself a looong spoon!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by kidsam: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
If she could keep her own child out of the picture because she was scared of losing the guy she really wanted, that means she put her self first before her responsibility (thats selfish). I think she can leave the guy anytime she sees something she wants more than the guy, based on this, i think the guy should step.
There comes a time in life when you put your responsibility and commitment first instead of self especially in marriage, i don't think she has reached that point.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by iice(f): 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
Things like that you don't keep secret. Not to mention a year and a half.
Yeah she was scared of losing him. . .good decision on her part when the end result might be what she feared anyway.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by ritaNL: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
Your friend should simply let her go.
I hate it when ladies keep this kind of stuffs from their love ones.
oneday she's gonna come home and tell the guy she wanna go back to the father of her child.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by 1stEdition: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
She shd have made it clear to him earlier.

My gf has a son too and that was the first thing she told me.

I took my time to think abt it and we've been 2geda 3yrs.

It will be difficult 4 ur friend to trust her again.

He shd just take out time to think, he has to come to the conclusion of staying or leaving himself.

Love is a choice.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
Wow!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by whitelexi(m): 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2009
TheSeeker:

Wow!

You sound shocked
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^ Yes. The way everyone is asking for him to break away is alarming. What if he looks over what she's hidden from and take it as if she feared leaving her hence, her reason to have hidden it from her; more so, I think if she leaves her now that may, in a way, confirm her fears she first had.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by whitelexi(m): 12:41am On Nov 03, 2009
^^^ Seen, but she was wrong to hide it, whatever her reasons were. . . What else is she hiding? what do u expect the poor guy to think now? I wont blame the guy if he chooses to end it, i would've done just that, only difference is i would've done it ages ago - without thinking twice! cool
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Dubino(m): 1:33am On Nov 03, 2009
Finding out by himself is a big blow to the guy's face, I can't say it any other way. It's a very big mistake on the girl's side to 've hidden it for that long. However,I'll not tell the guy to leave or hang on. I'll advice the guy to go back to the drawing board and take a look at the qualities he wants in a wife/girlfriend, if this girl has all or more than 70% of them,he should really consider her but if not,well, the choice is his. Again,let the guy tell himself the truth what would've been his reaction if the girl told him that before he found out. If in anyway way he would accept it, I guess there's still room for him to accept it now.
He should also create a conducive atmosphere for the girl to tell him about her past life/relationship; when she got pregnant,her age then,by who,why and other circumstances surrounding it which may not be fault of hers. Finding out things like this from her may help him digest the situation better.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by Sissy3(f): 1:44am On Nov 03, 2009
the relationship already lacks trust. i wonder how long she was planning on keeping this a secret? i mean, this sort of things you dont keep them secrets. she should have told him upfront, if the guy sees in her than her past life he would have stayed. its not as if being a single mother means the end of relationships or love life.

being the guy here, it would definitely be a hard pill to swallow. even if he accepts her back, what other secrets is she hiding? how is he sure there isnt  more in the pot? how can they regain the lost trust in the relationship? trust is crucial in relationships and if the guy checks and see that its something he cant rebuild then the relationship serves no useful need again. however, if the trust can rebuilt then he should stay and walk things out
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by muffins(f): 1:49am On Nov 03, 2009
na wa ooo.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by TheSeeker(m): 5:43am On Nov 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

the relationship already lacks trust. i wonder how long she was planning on keeping this a secret? i mean, this sort of things you dont keep them secrets. she should have told him upfront, if the guy sees in her than her past life he would have stayed. its not as if being a single mother means the end of relationships or love life.

being the guy here, it would definitely be a hard pill to swallow. even if he accepts her back, what other secrets is she hiding? how is he sure there isnt  more in the pot? how can they regain the lost trust in the relationship? trust is crucial in relationships and if the guy checks and see that its something he cant rebuild then the relationship serves no useful need again. however, if the trust can rebuilt then he should stay and walk things out
Right there is where the problem lies in our society. I am sure she couldn't get herself to see past the stigmatization of the society against young girls who have babies. We all know how it is with women who have babies outside wedlock and very worse still, having the kids at very tender age; do you even know that some of these men refuse to claim responsibility for their own baby and that leaves the woman with a very bad image where most people would have to think her attitudes - mostly promiscuity - led the man not to want to take responsibility.

I'm suspecting this may have triggered off her decision to keep it from him for a while, and I'm very sure that she didn't intend keeping it from him forever, of course, at some point, according to her, she wants to tell him but she needed a perfect time to do that. We don't even know how many men have rejected her because of this. I'm not saying it's a good excuse but we all tend to avoid troubles and chaos when we can and that's what she did but in a very wrong way.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by spikedcylinder: 6:07am On Nov 03, 2009
He needs to ask himself this: Will she stay if it was the other way round? A honest answer to this internal question will solve his riddle!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by izeek(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2009
Insert Quote
He needs to ask himself this: Will she stay if it was the other way round? A honest answer to this internal question will solve his riddle!

i think he should also ask himself if he would have held back such info if it was him .
this is not something u hide abeg.

if she chose not to tell him and now the bubble burst, then he shud do what he feels like. no one will raise an eyebrow,
or even blame him . i just think he should consider other things too, like if he loved her, and also if aside from this child issue her atitude has been good so far.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by coolier(f): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2009
Love conquers all!
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by spikedcylinder: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2009
izeek:

Insert Quote

i think he should also ask himself if he would have held back such info if it was him .
this is not something u hide abeg.

if she chose not to tell him and now the bubble burst, then he shud do what he feels like. no one will raise an eyebrow,
or even blame him . i just think he should consider other things too, like if he loved her, and also if aside from this child issue her atitude has been good so far.

Its not something one hides, yes but if he hid it from her because he was scared of losing her, will she forgive him and move on?
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by izeek(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Its not something one hides, yes but if he hid it from her because he was scared of losing her, will she forgive him and move on?

thats the mistake we all make, hiding things cos we feel we might loose the peron.

i believe you lay it all in theopen from the onset, and if he feels its too muh for him to hndle then let him move along.
Re: Leave Or Stay: His Girlfriend Has A Love-Child by iice(f): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
izeek:

thats the mistake we all make, hiding things cos we feel we might loose the peron.

i believe you lay it all in theopen from the onset, and if he feels its too muh for him to hndle then let him move along.

Thank you ooo.
I always say, give them the full blast. . .if they stick around, then they are worth all the effort.

Na why, people relationships crumble. . friendship/relationships. Keep tip-toeing around each other undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me / Guys! / I'll Give Up Anything To Spend Another Moment With Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.