Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows (21472 Views)

Benue APC Leaders Search For New Party Over Threat For Hosting Mass Burial / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates / Campaign Posters Of Candidates For Rivers Re-run Elections (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Islie: 6:06am On Nov 13, 2016
by Rosemary Nwisi,

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, yesterday vowed to resist any form of intimidation and threat from any quarters in the December 10 Rivers rerun.

He promised the All Progressive Congress (APC) will match whatever antics and strategies deployed by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Governor Nyesom Wike during the exercise.

He also said all candidates of the APC must win at all costs, urging supporters never to succumb to the threats and intimidation of Wike.

The former Rivers governor said the APC will not take security for granted like it did in previous elections in the state.
Wike, according to him, is a thug who is not fit for governance.

Amaechi spoke at a rally in Bera in Gokana local government area, the hometown of APC Rivers South East Senatorial candidate, Magnus Abe.

He said the APC cannot afford to lose any seat in the senatorial district, especially the four Ogoni councils of Khana, Gokana, Eleme and Tai.

Amaechi said: “If there is one place APC that shouldn’t campaign, it is Ogoniland but Wike said he must win here.

“It is not as if he is God. Only God can say that but since he is not God, he will fail.

“Wike can never be God. The battle is not in Ogoniland but in the Ikwerre and Ahoada axis.

“So he had better forget here (Ogoniland). He said he will deploy everything.

“Anything he wants to deploy let him deploy, we will deploy our own.”

Charging APC supporters to square up to Wike and the PDP, Amaechi said: “Do not behave like democrats who went to sleep. Come out and vote.

“The past elections, we took security for granted. This time, we will not take security for granted.

“If Wike likes, let him come out. At all times he had come out I used to ask does this man remember that he is a governor?

“It is only a thug that can stand in front of a Judge’s gate to be struggling with security men, only a thug.

“A governor will go back to his house and call the President. When SSS invaded the presidential lounge of Akwa Ibom state government, what the governor did was to call the President.

“Instead of Wike to call the President, he was struggling with security men.

“In all the fight I had with the federal government under former President Jonathan, nobody saw me physically battling with anybody.

“When I became governor, there were many people appointed by Dr. Peter Odili.

“There were so many businesses by Odili people. I didn’t stop any. Wike is indeed a thug, not a governor.

“He doesn’t know what it takes to govern. The only way to show him that is in this election.

“After this election, he will not come this way again.”
He condemned the appointments of people with questionable character, including alleged cultists and killers into leadership positions across the state, stating they will be answerable to God one day.

“I will urge all of you if anybody threaten you, please threaten back because all Wike does is to come on the radio and you are scared.

“What are you scared of? ‘Oh they are rigging, oh I will you kill John,‘ ‘I will kill you this and that’. He will kill nobody, “Wike ran away when armed robbers came to attack him at Garrison sometimes back, meaning that he loves his life. He loves live and is killing people.”

Speaking on behalf of all the candidates in the senatorial district, Abe noted that the APC government at the federal level has favoured the people of Ogoni in no small measure.

He pointed out the area has been seeking and demanding without results since creation of the state nearly 50 years ago.

In the shortest period APC assumed office, Abe said Ogoniland has been favoured, asking voters to reciprocate the gestures.

http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-rerun-well-match-wike-threat-threat-says-amaechi/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by prospero5(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2016
why do you fill your people's minds with violence already? i only pity those who will allow their blood to be spilt on that day.

why can't Nigerians believe elections can be won without violence for once?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Flexherbal(m): 6:10am On Nov 13, 2016
Free and fair election.
To rule is not by force.

9 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by kcnwaigbo: 6:11am On Nov 13, 2016
Na for mouth!! Amaechi abeg park well.If you like attempt rigging during the elections. I will only say RIP in advance to anyone who will be stupid to allow himself herself to be used to attempt to subvert the will of the people!! I said "attempt" because rigging will never work in Rivers

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Another Rivers Of Blood Loading.......

To the Senseless Youths who are going to die for the political ambitions of these Politicians RIP in Advance grin

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by phemmie06(m): 6:12am On Nov 13, 2016
Kk. Minister of federal government, match threat for threat, which means if he is violent, you are deadly. If Wike kill one person you will kill 100. Na wa for our minister. But I am not surprised, you shouted more than this some months back but when you left River state, it was unannounced.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by realglobe: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2016
Minister of bribery still has the guts to talk nonsense. Only in nigeria.. APC should better forget rivers

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by OLADD: 6:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Politicians often think all Nigerians suffer from memory loss. This shameless minister claimed he didn't engage in physical struggle with anybody during his tenure as governor in Rivers but he invaded the State House of Assembly in a commando style causing commotion and preventing lawmakers from performing their legislative functions. Amaechi is turning Rivers into theater of war just because of election while Buhari is pretending as if nothing is amiss. Let's pray APC does not pull Nigeria down because of power.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by psucc(m): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2016
Riding on blood to power!

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by deathmen12: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2016
amaechi done start again o..

5 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Nukualofa: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2016
The way Amaechi mentions Wike like a woman about to orgasm show that Wike is a threat to his rigging plans.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Nukualofa: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Amaechi stop inciting violence.

Where is Femi Falana to report him to ICC or was it only Patience Jonathan that was good to be reported

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by littlewonders: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2016
I thought they ought to be matured by now. Still playing around the shoreline of ignorance. I'm only Having sympathy for Rivers State inhabitants.

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by sirfee(m): 6:58am On Nov 13, 2016
Nigeria polithiefcians always instigating violence,some fools will listen to this selfish schmuck who cares only for his pocket and family.Look at pot calling kettle black#no to violence

1 Like

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by jimcollins136: 7:03am On Nov 13, 2016
RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows - By sponsoring the printing of fake INEC result papers.

13 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Ekpekus(m): 7:16am On Nov 13, 2016
And Jesus wept
Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by doctokwus: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2016
No sane man wud watch as Wike carries out his rampage thru the streets,towns and villages of Rivers.
Amaechi is fighting for the soul of Rivers state and has done what every leader in position of authority in a state being run by a tout,ruled and ravaged by touts shud do:assure supporters that he has got their backs as they come out to vote.It was because Amaechi didn't do this in the previous election that allowed Wike to carry out his murdering spree,intimidating voters and INEC officials.
A governor that has refused to swear in apc winners in the state assembly,detaining those ones still alive and destroying properties of apc leaders deserves to be met threat by threat,less he runs every opposition party member out of Rivers state.
I stand with Amaechi on this,eventhough I know it's karma that's catching up with him for being the one that elevated this same thug to positions of authority.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by richeso: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2016
do we have Min. of Transportation or just some political thugs ?

why is Nigeria like this ?

instead of the idiot to focus on improving the transportation section. the slowpoke is busy with political battle. after una go say na the past gov be 9ja problem. rubbish, fools, morons with their idiotic followers .

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Paperwhite(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2016
This is a so called minister of the federal Republic in an APC government talking .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2016
Now, they will start blaming INEC for inconclusive election.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by prince9851(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2016
. nobody dey even ansa dis idiot...everybody know d party wey dey always win for rivers

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by chimah3(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2016
What's all thisssss!!!? undecided
Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by chimah3(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2016
doctokwus:
No sane man wud watch as Wike carries out his rampage thru the streets,towns and villages of Rivers.
Amaechi is fighting for the soul of Rivers state and has done what every leader in position of authority in a state being run by a tout,ruled and ravaged by touts shud do:assure supporters that he has got their backs as they come out to vote.It was because Amaechi didn't do this in the previous election that allowed Wike to carry out his murdering spree,intimidating voters and INEC officials.
A governor that has refused to swear in apc winners in the state assembly,detaining those ones still alive and destroying properties of apc leaders deserves to be met threat by threat,less he runs every opposition party member out of Rivers state.
I stand with Amaechi on this,eventhough I know it's karma that's catching up with him for being the one that elevated this same thug to positions of authority.

What is this one saying?

14 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Mileslamar1(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
pls dnt share blood sha

1 Like

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by zeusdgrt(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Only a retard listens and support a cursed man like Ameachi!he needs to know that nobody in rivers takes him serious anymore.

6 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by muhammed10: 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
What is wrong with this amaechi

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Ayoswit(f): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
na so?
Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by DukeDen(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2016
It is a result of poor mentality of Africans
prospero5:
why do you fill your people's minds with violence already? i only pity those who will allow their blood to be spilt on that day.

why can't Nigerians believe elections can be won without violence for once?

5 Likes

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Houseofglam7(f): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2016
Magnus Abe go win sha..... But APC should forget other constituencies
Rivers is PDP.
End of story cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIVERS RE-RUN: We’ll Match Wike Threat For Threat, Amaechi Vows by Rich4god(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2016
.g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defections: God Will Continue To Fish Out Bad Eggs Among Us - President Buhari / Anambra Shuts Down Markets For APGA Presidential Rally / Saleh Mamman: Nigeria Now Generates 13,000MW Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.