Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (30809 Views)

‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls / ‘Your Problem Is Ignorance': Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by nwamehn: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
OLADD:
Soyinka, a man who often places himself on a pedestal he surely doesn't belong. This was the same man that threatened hell if MKO Abiola ever died in detention. Indeed, Abiola died in gaol but our professor couldn't do jack. He simply vanished into obscurity thereafter. Gosh!

I don't know whether u ar right or wrong about Soyinka but u ar definitely wrong about Abiola, Abiola didn't die in detention. He had been released before his death.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by pacespot(m): 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
ATERI:

What on earth is Prof. Soyinka doing responding to these mannerless lunatics?

I thought as much, even ordinary toutish governor Fayose wouldn't have the time responding to foul-mouthed ate-filled nigerian urchins.

The people that flare up when political canker worms that raped their destiny are being prosecuted for corruption don't deserve a reply from even the smallest mind schooled by the academic juggernaut like Soyinka, he should just leave them to continue to rot away in their ignorance.

Because before anything they will turn this into a media frenzy to occupy their empty life.

A man said he would tear his green card if a particular candidate emerged winner in an election, what if that's a hyperbolic statement just to emphasize how disappointed he would feel. We all know a sane person won't do such thing to provoke other nationality where he/she is resident.

A lot of people have already torn their green card in the aftermath of this election, only a matter of time would you begin to see how America's relationship has turned sore with the outside world. We already see Filipino government making moves in this regard, and some others who are still watching the trends in America's politics.

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ShakurM(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
I would die one day but 6 God don't let me die out of ignorance. People need to understand English language !!!

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ReubenE(m): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
With all due respect, this man is just an over pampered child. His behaviour of late is just like an angry child lashing out.
Rather than give a reason for not doing what he promised to do, he is here trying to confuse people with semantics. I think doing this often will only demystify him.
Anyways, the problem really is Nigerians. It is our love for reminding people what, and who they are that brought us here. Every now n then, noble laureate, as if there are no other ones in the world.
Prof should stop living on past glory, and begin to own up to his mistakes.
We all still love n respect him for his insights.

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ReubenE(m): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
With all due respect, this man is just an over pampered child. His behaviour of late is just like an angry child lashing out.
Rather than give a reason for not doing what he promised to do, he is here trying to confuse people with semantics. I think doing this often will only demystify him.
Anyways, the problem really is Nigerians. It is our love for reminding people what, and who they are that brought us here. Every now n then, noble laureate, as if there are no other ones in the world.
Prof should stop living on past glory, and begin to own up to his mistakes.
We all still love n respect him for his insights.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
Had d chance to be upclose wit the prof. Once and i av to say i was disappointed.....first.. Dis man dont wait for pictures. ...dat one is even minor......d kinda subject he choose to comment on ar just too naive....he always wanna thrend....attention seeking old man like him....although he is still our pride...but he av little prestige outsyd Africa.....egbon wole should better change his ways

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
ShakurM:

I would die one day but 6 God don't let me die out of ignorance. People need to understand English language !!!

Sir please give meaning to his original statement about tearing his green card......cuz for ur mind now.....u nd shakespare dey chill abi?

3 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by onward4life(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
cockalorum
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ReubenE(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
elmisti:
Had d chance to be upclose wit the prof. Once and i av to say i was disappointed.....first.. Dis man dont wait for pictures. ...dat one is even minor......d kinda subject he choose to comment on ar just too naive....he always wanna thrend....attention seeking old man like him....although he is still our pride...but he av little prestige outsyd Africa.....egbon wole should better change his ways
just my thought.
Some people are even saying the statement is figurative blablabla. It wouldn't be such a bad thing for Prof to say that himself, rather than insult people for not decoding what he meant.
If communication is like that, then I would say my grandpa's name and interprete it to be something else.
The man is just developing personality problem.....still respect n admire him though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ShakurM(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
elmisti:

Sir please give meaning to his original statement about tearing his green card......cuz for ur mind now.....u nd shakespare dey chill abi?
He already gave meaning to it. Read. If you read it, did you comprehend?
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
ReubenE:
just my thought.
Some people are even saying the statement is figurative blablabla. It wouldn't be such a bad thing for Prof to say that himself, rather than insult people for not decoding what he meant.
If communication is like that, then I would say my grandpa's name and interprete it to be something else.
The man is just developing personality problem.....still respect n admire him though

One gaz respect him.....buh really. He should stay d hell away from commenting publicly on politics cuz he looks like a mere mortal in dat field.....d last tym i saw him.....he was dealivering convocation lecture in my skul.....d old man was jst ranting nd blabbing about chibok girls.....

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by AnanseK(m): 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
Our problems may be ignorance, but his problem is arrogance. He should just do the needful by fulfilling his promise. Trump is elected and Prof Soyinka should tear up his green card. It's so simple, all those big words will not confuse or intimidate us.

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by eponoloyin: 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Prof should ignore those oloshi people
they will cry islamization today but will run back to the same people they accuse tomorrow
scums on earth
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
ShakurM:

He already gave meaning to it. Read. If you read it, did you comprehend?

Smh...all i read is d prof bashing trolls dat called him out to seperate d left nd right side of his green passport

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by divinevie(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
jumper524:
Honestly if i were in your shoes prof i wouldn't do such nd i admire you even more for not doing such it goes to show that your brain works b4 ur ego
truly ego takes a real man nowhere... most of us would do just like he did. wise man
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Cletus77(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
oga leave big big grammar! Just tear the thing Nobody forced ur ass to utter what you can't do. Na naija, d case no go finish until you do as you said!!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by mars123(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hiploko:
are you sure you are oK? Who is truly mannerless between the poeple commenting and the old man who say he is a prof yet go about making motor park tout statements. He thinks America is Nigeria. Afonja gene runs in the blood and there is nothing education will do about it... 2 faced robot. A Dr in America promised to eat a bug if Trump wins and CNN showed him this morning eating the bug... When will Soyinka call the press and tear his green card? Lack of integrity is a worse form of corruption
"He should call the press and tear his green card" listen to yourself. Those Americans that promised to leave to Australia, Africa, etc, have they left? At times you put yourself in the shoes of the people you criticize. I don't even know why this nobel laureate is replying a bunch of inconsequential e-diots who shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ShakurM(m): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
elmisti:

Why typing with ellipsis?
He should wait for pictures? He's not an entertainer. C'mon
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ShakurM(m): 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
elmisti:

Smh...all i read is d prof bashing trolls dat called him out to seperate d left nd right side of his green passport
A man made a personal decision, why brow beat him on that? He didn't mount a stage and call the 'Press' on his decision. He's a master of English language, he could imply exaggeration or whatever. Intelligence is often misunderstood.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=ShakurM post=51017890]

Why typing with ellipsis?
He should wait for pictures? He's not an entertainer. C'mon

Thats a week defence bro....he is an idol to some pple.....few s3conds for a snap wnt delay his meeting with sango.....buh aint judging him on dat

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
ShakurM:

A man made a personal decision, why brow beat him on that? He didn't mount a stage and call the 'Press' on his decision. He's a master of English language, he could imply exaggeration or whatever. Intelligence is often misunderstood.

Lol....i see u ar a die-hard......anyway na way......egbon wole no epp my bank balance
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ShakurM(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=elmisti post=51017966][/quote]

You might have acted rudely or was uninspiring because I don't even understand what you were doing in that gathering. I can't base my extrapolation on the great Wole's temperament based on a single comment. Why typing with ellipsis again?
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by elmisti(m): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
ShakurM:

You might have acted rudely or was uninspiring because I don't even understand what you were doing in that gathering. I can't base my extrapolation on the great Wole's temperament based on a single comment. Why typing with ellipsis again?

Lets drop it. Uncle can always do wole nd i do me
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by fergie001: 11:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nattering nitwits for green card?for certificate nko,what will PMB call us,maybe NITwit Nattering?All of u should continue

1 Like

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by falastine: 12:03am On Nov 14, 2016

Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2016
Biko, Please, Ejo, What the hell is this man saying
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by ATERI(m): 12:46am On Nov 14, 2016
pacespot:

I thought as much, even ordinary toutish governor Fayose wouldn't have the time responding to foul-mouthed ate-filled nigerian urchins.

The people that flare up when political canker worms that raped their destiny are being prosecuted for corruption don't deserve a reply from even the smallest mind schooled by the academic juggernaut like Soyinka, he should just leave them to continue to rot away in their ignorance.

Because before anything they will turn this into a media frenzy to occupy their empty life.

A man said he would tear his green card if a particular candidate emerged winner in an election, what if that's a hyperbolic statement just to emphasize how disappointed he would feel. We all know a sane person won't do such thing to provoke other nationality where he/she is resident.

A lot of people have already torn their green card in the aftermath of this election, only a matter of time would you begin to see how America's relationship has turned sore with the outside world. We already see Filipino government making moves in this regard, and some others who are still watching the trends in America's politics.

Well said!
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Hypocrite. You support a dictator and coupist Buhari and oppose Trump. Which is worse between a Trump presidency and a Buhari Presidency. Hypocrite
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by kstix(m): 1:44am On Nov 14, 2016
Muafrika2:
I think the guy thinks too much of himself. He visited Kenya few years back and blocked the media out of a speech he was giving. Just a speech. He considers everything that comes of his mouth as important as his published writtings. undecided so much so that it should be protected from the media? undecided

He needs a reality check. And start being generous with his wisdom, If he believes he has got something useful for the world politics.
No ooo. because winning a Nobel laureate is bread and butter abi? rubbish
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by kstix(m): 1:45am On Nov 14, 2016
Sweetguy25:
Hypocrite. You support a dictator and coupist Buhari and oppose Trump. Which is worse between a Trump presidency and a Buhari Presidency. Hypocrite
if buhari's presidency was worse. people like u would have been shot dead by now.
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by kstix(m): 1:46am On Nov 14, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Soyinka is trying to insult our common sensibilities undecided

The trolls weren't with you in the US when you promised to tear your green card out of your over bloated ego, as if America even cares about your existence or opinion.

All we are asking you is to fulfill your promise /threat

If Soyinka can't keep to his word;
How do you expect Buhari to fulfill all his campaign promises undecided
so who asked the trolls and media to meddle into his private discuss then?
Re: Your Problem Is Ignorance : Soyinka Hits Back At Internet Trolls by sapele914(m): 2:01am On Nov 14, 2016
Hiploko:
are you sure you are oK? Who is truly mannerless between the poeple commenting and the old man who say he is a prof yet go about making motor park tout statements. He thinks America is Nigeria. Afonja gene runs in the blood and there is nothing education will do about it... 2 faced robot. A Dr in America promised to eat a bug if Trump wins and CNN showed him this morning eating the bug... When will Soyinka call the press and tear his green card? Lack of integrity is a worse form of corruption
God punish your whole family ignorant aszhole for talking about a noble laurete like that. What did your father accomplish in his workplace has your mother won any award for distinctive performance in her life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2017-2018 Chatbox / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.