Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma (28833 Views)

Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Buhari Too Old To Rule Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Rikidony(m): 6:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma shares his thoughts on the state of the nation and expressed worries that except the right steps are taken by the present administration, to put the country on the right pedestal, the country’s woes would continue unabated. According to him, “all is not well at all, with Nigeria.

We must sound it: All is not well.
Nigeria has become a very difficult place for people to exist.

It is as if we are in captivity and we are looking forward to God’s deliverance…. In fact, Nigeria is in captivity under Buhari”.

In this interview, Chukwuma, who is the Anglican Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province, while speaking on a number of other national issues, describes the idea of sale of national assets as shameful because, “when our forefathers acquired those assets, it was for us to build on them and not for us to sell off our birth right”.

And on ‘Wife in the Kitchen issue’, he said the President’s wife should be hailed because she, “…did not speak as a president’s wife but as an ordinary Nigerian who feels the bite of the prevailing harsh economic and socio-political situation on Nigerians.

What do you make of the current state of the Nigerian nation?

The current state of the nation is very bad, very hard, very, very much uncertain, and people are very much discouraged and living with uncertainty, given the state of the economy and the current biting economic recession.

People are really tired and confused about the present government. And one is, therefore, wandering where we are heading in this country.

It has become very difficult for the common man to make three square meals a day; and salaries are not enough to help workers to cope with the harsh economic realities. The income is getting minimal even as expenditure keeps rising by the day.

Also, the exchange rate has taken a disgraceful turn under a government that had proudly promised to make the naira equal or even stronger than the dollar.

What about the rising state of unemployment?

Many more of our graduates are still unemployed. Nothing is happening about that; it has all been wishful promises hence many of them indulge in crime, even as many workers are being relieved of their jobs. So, the situation has brought upon citizens, untold sadness and despondency. A look at our security is also nothing to write home about.

In some areas there have been increased cases of kidnapping while cases of armed robbery and terrorism have continued unabated in other areas.

However, we are grateful to God that some of the terrorists are surrendering their arms and embracing amnesty. But that notwithstanding, all is not well at all, with Nigeria. We must sound it: All is not well! Nigeria has become a very difficult place for people to exist.

It is as if we are in captivity; and we are looking forward to God’s deliverance. In fact, one can say that Nigeria is in captivity under Buhari’s administration. So, we are still praying to God to take us back to the promise land, and I know that He will deliver us.

Do you think that the change which the ruling party and Buhari had repeatedly promised Nigerians during their campaigns is still achievable by the present administration?

Well, it depends on what type of change they are trying to bring in.
I heard them promise that their version of change will manifest next year. However, the change that we see now is not a good version.

The change is of hardship and people are not comfortable at all. Right now, all I can say that is good about their sermon of change is that the situation is making Nigerians to change from their life of profligacy to prudence. To me,
Buhari’s government is a punishment, and caution to Nigerians. I think that God is trying to punish us, and at the same time caution us with the present administration, for our past recklessness and mistakes as a nation. That is why I said that it is a time of captivity – where God chose to put Nigeria into the kind of biblical captivity of Assyria and Babylon.

And until we repent from our sins, God may not rescue us. So, it is a time for everybody to repent, in their small corners, from life of wastage, wickedness and impunity; and begin to live a life of prudence, love and patriotism.

My understanding of the Change Begins with Me campaign is that Nigeria has come to a point where everybody should accept to begin to discipline themselves and adopt ways of righteousness and patriotism.

But sadly, as far as the Nigerian economy is concerned, we have only experienced evil change. We have not seen any good thing in our economy. There may be a change in attitude whereby people are now being more disciplined and cautious about indulging in impunity. That is all.

http://sunnewsonline.com/god-using-buhari-to-punish-nigerians-archbishop-chukwuma/

15 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by AfroBlue(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2016
abeg, shame on this archphony, not one word out of his mouth on the looters that emptied the treasury, diverted FG funds to their personal accounts, and corrupted the judiciary.

" Thou shalt not steal"

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by 201320142015ob(m): 6:47am On Nov 13, 2016
Android phones can be so annoying. How do I explain it? I just received a notification that my Bible App needs update. Please what does the Bible need update for? Has Adam eaten another apple

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2016
Men of God please be careful of your Utterances..

#ProudlyCatholic

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Rikidony(m): 6:58am On Nov 13, 2016
this men of God should leave church and join politics. stop beating around the bush.

lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by modath(f): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2016
If one is supposed to go by what this flawed narrative of this god of men , then i personally do not want to have anything to do with the kind of God that is not merciful, kind or gracious...

Some god of men sef!! What a damn shame... undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Ahmadgani(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2016
same old things are been repeated.

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by modath(f): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2016
AfroBlue:
abeg, shame on this archphony, not one word out of his mouth on the looters that emptied the treasury, diverted FG funds to their personal accounts, and corrupted the judiciary.

" Thou shalt not steal"

He won't want to throw stones into his own compound, he knows where he is chopping, so his narrative will be designed to favour it.. It wont come as a shock if the 7bn alleged to have gone to CAN trickled his way, It's fools like these that make it difficult to argue reasonably with atheists...

God is not wicked!!!! .cool

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
modath:

He won't want to throw stones into his own compound, he knows where he is chopping, so his narrative will be designed to favour it.. It wont come as a shock if the 7bn alleged to have gone to CAN trickled his way, It's fools like these that make it difficult to argue reasonably with atheists...

God is not wicked!!!! .cool
[/s]
the bishop said the gospel truth
Buhari is a calamity

kiss the truth cool

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
modath:

If one is supposed to go by what this flawed narrative of this god of men , then i personally do not want to have anything to do with the kind of God that is not merciful, kind or gracious...

[/s]
balderdash!!!

when are you protesting in support of tinubu abi you don pick bullharry over him just like your nairaland masters fizznation and co. cheesy

modath modath modath modath

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
AfroBlue:

" Thou shalt not steal"
[/s]

the bishop was right

kiss the truth grin

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by pussyphilia(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2016
It's very obvious that buhari is a curse on Nigerians!

Only the zombies would deny that fact.

Zombies are known for suffering and smiling.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by blackpanda: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2016
AfroBlue:

" Thou shalt not steal"

How can he condemn his benefactors Lol

9 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by coptic: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2016
These conmen in clerical clothing sef. Why is it so hard to find a truthful person in that region? We should check the paternity of Father Mbaka.

That's how the usual suspects will swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

My friends from there must be such a rarity.

7 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2016
201320142015ob:
Android phones can be so annoying. How do I explain it? I just received a notification that my Bible App needs update. Please what does the Bible need update for? Has Adam eaten another apple
You received update because of some added features not that the word itself changed

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Men of God please be careful of your Utterances..

#ProudlyCatholic
For saying the truth. Wasn't Mbaka saying similar thing by warning GEJ? If these preachers don't talk some of you will say where were they when things was going wrong in the country .

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2016
modath:

The truth is bitter pill to all

28 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2016
asuustrike2009:

For saying the truth. Wasn't Mbaka saying similar thing by warning GEJ? If these preachers don't talk some of you will say where were they when things was going wrong in the country .

Okay our God in heaven is punishing us grin
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by omenka(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2016
modath:

What do you expect from a man of god called Chukwuma?

Mtscheew.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by IamOpemipo(m): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2016
Igbo man of God?

Pleaase

3 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Jalubarika(m): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2016
In as much as i don't like men of God who speak doom
However, on this Buhari it could be true.

2 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by casttlebarbz(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
When wil ds so caled men of God stay off politics
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by HOTsnow(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
Smh. *Igbos*

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by henryharry82(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
God never punishes his people like this
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by yazach: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2016
Ok weting he use Jonathan do

2 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by isiOTUbuUTOya(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
grin
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Noblesoul123: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
Punish Nigerians for doing what? What offence did we commit

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Brizzy404: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
J
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Chiedu4Trump: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
maybe be as it has to be punishment that lead to buhari becoming president
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by AntiWailer: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2016
Ignorant Bishop.

They will not read wide and understand realities before misleading their followers.

God must be using Buhari to punish Egypt , Brazil and other nation in recession too

As sharing formula no dey for CAN's meeting again, The gods are angry.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2016
Just like when the children of Israel demanded change from Samuel and asked for a king, and God said, I have heard the murmurings and grumbling of the people, hence I will listen to their request and give them a king that will increase their yoke, make them pay more tax and take their lands, but that is none of my business,because looking at the bigger picture, religion and politics have been the bane of this country

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus / Rev. Kenneth Oyakhilome (CA, US) Convicted Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.