Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,204 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? (818 Views)

Should Working Class Wives Be Given 'Upkeep'? / Have 'Good' Sex With Your Pregnant Wives - Nigerian Lady Advises Men (Video) / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by fyneboi79(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2016
I had been feeling unwell for quite a while so yesterday I had the oppurtunity of visiting the office clinic for a quick blood test to ascertain the cause of my off and on fever. I got there to meet with a heated situation between a middle aged man and the lab attendant. It was about test result. Man says he is AA and his wife is AS,so its impossible for his kid to be SS and so the lab attendant must be either incompetent or lazy to mixup test results.Attendant says the result is 100% accurate.But the real cause of the anger was that the young lab attendant angrily told the man to go and ask his wife how it happened. Other patients were trying hard to calm the man down but he will have none of that and insisted on another test.

And I sat thinking to myself,maybe mr daddy aint the daddy afterall. What a heart breaking situation if this is the case.

Conclusion:
Since men are prosecuted by law for marrying more than one wife(Bigamy)

* Shouldn't women also be persecuted by law if found guilty of misleading a man into believing he is a father when he is infact childless?

*shouldnt women also be persecuted for decieving a poor child into accepting an unrelated man as father?

Alas I have suddenly lost the urge to run a test as I ponder about the destruction women have brought to marriage and relationships. Moreover the young man designated to take my blood sample has lost his cool and may stab me with the needle when he remembers the source of his anger....wo..man.

1 Like

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by eyinjuege: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2016
You can always try...

I've never seen a man prosecuted for impregnating another lady other then his wife, or prosecuted for marrying another woman traditionally, if he's married to one legally.
But hey, one can always but try.

Now, regarding the case you mentioned, its too early to assume and the lab scientist was in the wrong to have said that. Infact, he could lose his job for that.
The man needs to recheck his own genotype again, and alsinthe wife's. Don't be surprised they're both AS, and a mistake might have occurred from a previous lab.
They also need to repeat the child's genotype in another hospital.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by cococandy(f): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2016
The same law that prosecutes a man for marrying another wife will still married is also applied to women who marries another man while still married.

You're proposing a law for people who cheat? That will be fun. How many men will be untouched by such laws? Or you're proposing that such laws be applied only to women? On a long thing. You are.

5 Likes

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by fyneboi79(m): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
eyinjuege:
You can always try...

I've never seen a man prosecuted for impregnating another lady other then his wife, or prosecuted for marrying another woman traditionally, if he's married to one legally.
But hey, one can always but try.

Now, regarding the case you mentioned, its too early to assume and the lab scientist was in the wrong to have said that. Infact, he could lose his job for that.
The man needs to recheck his own genotype again, and alsinthe wife's. Don't be surprised they're both AS, and a mistake might have occurred from a previous lab.
They also need to repeat the child's genotype in another hospital.
I cautioned the lab attendant that ethics of the job requires confidentiality and he broke it.

2 Likes

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by fyneboi79(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
cococandy:
The same law that prosecutes a man for marrying another wife will still married is also applied to women who marries another man while still married.

You're proposing a law for people who cheat? That will be fun. How many men will be untouched by such laws? Or you're proposing that such laws be applied only to women? On a long thing. You are.
But my sister on a more serious note.Do you know the damage that can be done on a childs pshycology, from a man with a reverse mentality when compared to that of the child?Or don't you know that parents have physical connection with their biological children,more like an instinct or else why are step parents always at war with their step kids?they don't just get along even the ones taken at months after birth. It is not because they are bad, it is because they lack that birth connection. This is a criminal offence.

1 Like

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by fyneboi79(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
It can even be compared to kidnapping. Taking a child that belongs to Mr A to please Mr B by handing over same.

1 Like

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2016
fyneboi79:
But my sister on a more serious note.Do you know the damage that can be done on a childs pshycology, from a man with a reverse mentality when compared to that of the child?Or don't you know that parents have physical connection with their biological children,more like an instinct or else why are step parents always at war with their step kids?they don't just get along even the ones taken at months after birth. It is not because they are bad, it is because they lack that birth connection. This is a criminal offence.

But how come we never hear these horrific stories of wicked step parents from caucasians?

Why is it only in Africa if it's such natural thing

1 Like

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by fyneboi79(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
fellis:

But how come we never hear these horrific stories of wicked step parents from caucasians?

Why is it only in Africa if it's such natural thing
Don't miss it!Even the whites have that same problem too. Step-dad never gets along. And I dare to say this is a major cause of confused psychology which Leads to violent behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Should Wayward Wives Be Prosecuted By Law? by indie22(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
What concerns the law with a wayward man or woman?

If you can't be a disciplined human being are you doing the world or yourself?

Please leave the law to chase criminals and allow whoever has undecided undecideddecided to stupidly spend the rest of his/her life with a wayward spouse to lie on the bed he/she has made, after-all no one forced anyone to marry a promiscuous man or woman.....you did it with your eyes wide open, so carry your cross yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Must Not Marry These Type Of Ladies (episode 2) / Check Out What This Pregnant Woman Wore To A Mall. / New Born Baby Stuns Doctors As She Starts Walking Minutes After Being Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.