Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,381 members, 7,781,069 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India (13340 Views)

Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India / Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by Lasskeey: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
progress69:

Erricsonis cutting jobs globally. They lost out to huawei, and IHS in Nigeria. The lost a mojor one with MTN Nigeria, where IHS Towers took over all MTN sites.
The seem to cut more jobs in Nigeira Africa cos they lost out in the game to other players, same way starcomms and the likes lost out.
The last time i checked, when the minister of Labour threatened banks, for not going tru the normal process to cut jobs, you and your friends started shouting military regime, dictator and all derogatory statements against thr government. It is better to be informed before commenting than commenting purely based on hate
......Gbamm !!!! cool
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by MarieSucre(f): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
Our economy is struggling now more than ever. We need business coming in not going out. Our government need to start implementing a sound economic plan now or all might be lost.

1 Like

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by Andy86(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
APC Change......... One dumping thing we all failed to realize is that "What were we changing for or from" good to bad or bad to worse/worst? My heart goes for those affected by this economic shakeup and recession. One thing I know is that it is cheaper to run business with Indians than nigerians. My advice is let everyone not put his/her head in one basket. Get involve in business or acquire a skill to augment other source of income.
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by thunderbabs: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
Erisco foods
Zenith Bank
Ericcsson....
More still loading

Now, buhari must be really doing well in office...

If 2019 come, God willing and sm1 mentions buhari near me,..... shocked Mmmmm

1 Like

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by odeyinugbolahan(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
its very shameful!!! all these is the outcome of the wrong policies we operates in nigeria and the dumb heads we call Senators got nothing to do about this...

have been in discussion about this with my boss since morning. Now as a field engr, NOC will call you all the way from india at wrong hour due to different time zone; they are 6hrs ahead of us, so when we are sleeping! they will just be resuming to the office and start calling you to escalate issues and they will want you to attend to them at such odd hours.

that will increase the level of unemployment in the country. abeg are they gonna do the job better than us seriously nigerians have to fight this cos same thing happens in all these foreign coys operating here in nig.

Make God save NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by Gbengageorge: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
If we all keep quiet , who will fight for Nigerian youth?

2 Likes

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by willibounce1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Shebi if we talk, some people will say Indians know the job better. Una never see anything yet.
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by SemuhleB(f): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
What are Nigerians doing? How can you allow this to happen in your own country? If you guys use the same energy that you use fighting and arguing with another countries and focus on your own country and "fighting" for causes such like this. Its a shame that this can happen in your own country!

1 Like

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by ApexTitan(m): 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
Onegai:
Nigeria keeps focusing on the wrong things: you need PROPER VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS, not "we are training youths to be plumbers and carpenters and bricklayers", dooming them to be minimum wage workers forever. Skilled vocational workers and employee protection. There are Nigerians who know this job but I constantly see poor Indians flocking into the country to take the jobs because they are better skilled than Nigerian and their bosses are in positions of power to protect those jobs for them.

Not sure what you are talking about. Vocational jobs like you listed above are the kinds of jobs that are least likely to be outsourced. If anything, in this age of outsourcing and globalisation people should look to acquiring more vocational and technical skills. There will always be a need for plumbers, carpenters and such jobs will need to be performed on-site where the demand is located.

Employers, just like consumers, will always look to get the most value they possibly can. They will give jobs to those who are the most skilled at the lowest cost. What are you suggesting here (in reference to your last sentence)?
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by Onegai(f): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
ApexTitan:

Not sure what you are talking about. Vocational jobs like you listed above are the kinds of jobs that are least likely to be outsourced. If anything, in this age of outsourcing and globalisation people should look to acquiring more vocational and technical skills. There will always be a need for plumbers, carpenters and such jobs will need to be performed on-site where the demand is located.

Employers, just like consumers, will always look to get the most value they possibly can. They will give jobs to those who are the most skilled at the lowest cost. What are you suggesting here (in reference to your last sentence)?

Plumbers and Carpenters are the lower end of the spectrum in vocational skills, especially in Nigeria. And almost all of them are poorly trained and are still supervised by foreign workers who are technicians. A proper trained Generator Technician, Auto Technician or IT guy is the higher end of the spectrum of vocational skills. If FG wants a wealthier populace, they would be smart to reduce University students (because over half of them are poorly trained) and focus on vocational tech training, which can attract investors the same way India attracts investors.

1 Like

Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
A pal I assisted to find a job was chatting me up just last night thanking me. He used to work with an NOC in Ajah for Ericsson and apparently, last Thursday the company sacked all the staff of that NOC without compensation undecided
It's a raw deal.
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by mufuteeeee(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2016
kinibigdeal:
You people dont understand, they are just leaving Nigeria technically

Cab you please explain more? Thanks
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by abumeinben(m): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2016
Lasskeey:
.......Please go and read about the whole Ericsson misfortune ! Start from the Parent Company in Sweden and slso read aviut Ericsson Canada ! For more clearity about there market misfortune ! Please !!!!!!!!....and very soon you go hear the real story about what is happening in Ericsson Nigeria

Seems you work in Ericsson.

Pls, do tell, what is happening in Ericsson Nigeria?
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by eolafao: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2016
This has happened already...

Am part of the Victim....

Buhari, Senators, Labour Union are BIG FOOL...

I dont know why i am even a Nigerian..
Re: Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India by stalwart123(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2016
eolafao:
This has happened already...

Am part of the Victim....

Buhari, Senators, Labour Union are BIG FOOL...

I dont know why i am even a Nigerian..

I can see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy New Doctors Salary / Oil Workers Block Imo Govt House, Demand Salaries (photo) / Tips For Passing Online Or Video Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.