Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th (8567 Views)

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City / Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by selingel: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2009
BILLION$:

How many police officers and security personnel is govt willing to deploy after this ban. Because the state would surely need it for the crime that will be unleashed thereafter.

When I hear lame govt programs like substituting 120,000 unemployed okada riders with 250 drivers it makes me sick. Of what effect will this have? Is it feasible to run drive-training schemes for okada riders after the ban, how long will this take, how many will genuinly gat a cab, HONETLY.

The Okada transport business is one of the private business sectors in Calabar (which is a civil service state) why on earth will government want to pinch revenue accrued to citizen (by hard work) in this sector by deploying govt owned taxis which ultimately the funds will be embezzled or mismanaged.

This govt should look for more innovative ways of improving the real sector and bringing more business and industries to the state instead of all these policies that are not directly beneficial to livelyhood of it citizens, and even take food of the tables of common citizen and put them in the accounts of lofty political thugs and thieves.

Another big joke is "all in the name of keeping the town clean and modern" NA CLEAN WE GO CHOP?

I hope the govt will listen to this!.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by celemel(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2009
Okada people are outlaws. Its an abberation to have motor-cycles used for commercial transport in any civilized society. Its about time they give way in Calabar. We the people, are tired of them!
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Tudor6(f): 1:29am On Nov 08, 2009
^^
What exactly is uncivilised about riding okada on the streets?. . . . If americans start shitting on their streets and label it 'civilised' some foolish nigerians have no problems.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by ezeagu(m): 1:32am On Nov 08, 2009
Tudór:

^^
What exactly is uncivilised about riding okada on the streets?. . . . If americans start shitting on their streets and label it 'civilised' some foolish nigerians have no problems.

The fact that its very, very, very unsafe and thousands die at its hands, but I understand you're argument.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by defville: 5:04am On Nov 09, 2009
Banning Bikes in Calabar is a positive change. Atleast the casualty sections of the hospitals will rest a bit. Those bikes have killed people, disfigured people and their fares are not any cheaper than the taxis. The government has to do better than providing 250 taxi. We need more. Any okada man that is smart will get involved with the new innovation because the taxis has to be driven by someone.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2009
well after giving this thred some thought, i think its safe to say they should be banned, if the government has a REAL backup plan.
but i fear what choices the  okada people will choose to support themseleves.
but hmmmm. . .
Nigeria should start producing their own stuff, instead of importing everything.
maybe these guys can become factory workers and get benefits and such.
not abused factory workers like the ones in China, lol
hmmmm i was just thinking.  undecided
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by KnowAll(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2009
Banning Bikes in Calabar is a positive change. Atleast the casualty sections of the hospitals will rest a bit. Those bikes have killed people, disfigured people and their fares are not any cheaper than the taxis. The government has to do better than providing 250 taxi. We need more. Any okada man that is smart will get involved with the new innovation because the taxis has to be driven by someone.

The fact still remains that a penniless man can hop on a bike and 5 hours later he is not only N1,000 or even N2,000.00 richer, his immediate worries of providing the mandatory meal for the family will easily be met, so will also be his other indulgence such as having a bit of liquor and pepper soup, enjoying the company of women of easy virtue and saving some of the excesses for a raining day.

The net effects of this income are the plethora of businesses that hinges their own survival on the presence of these macaber men on bikes. To under-value or discount their contribution to society is to be in denial of an obvious fact.

To think that all these activities are without any recourse to public expense or funds is to deny human beings their basic right to fend for themselves a right enthrenched and enshrined in our contitution.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by SkyBlue1: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2009
The kind of arguments and method of reasoning this thread has displayed, I just don't know anymore. There was also a public outcry when Lagos State government was getting rid of traders who just woke up one morning and set up shop across drainages and by roadsides, apparently they had a "legal" right to be there. In Nigeria anybody can just get a bike and say he wants to do Okada. It always amuses me when we say we want order and vehemently defend the right of disorder and chaos to exist. Who said anything about "beutifying" the environment? Anyway, enjoy the chaos, it seems we want to defend a culture of being able to do absolutely anything you want, without recourse for anyone else.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Tudor6(f): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2009
ezeagu:

The fact that its very, very, very unsafe and thousands die at its hands, but I understand you're argument.
That bikes are unsafe is a very weak and I might add stupid excuse (no offense). Accidents are not caused by machines but as a result of human error.

A reckless driver is a reckless driver irrespective of whether you drive a motorcycle, jeep,truck or fly a damn space shuttle. Banning solves nothing. Give an illiterate or irresponsible okada man a hummer and he'll drive the same way.

With the bad roads, poor lighting and control of traffic coupled with the fact that most drivers in nigeria can't even recognise road signs (thats if they even exist in the first place). The liscensing procedure is even flawed, any mental patient can walk into the FRSC liscensing office pay 5k and get a liscense no consideration is given as to whether you can turn a steering or not!

Any sensible individual (and we lack them in government) would advocate for better roads, efficient traffic control with street lights, traffic lights and road signs in addition to educating drivers on driving ethics and road rules/signs. All these would go a long way in reducing road accidents rather than an outright ban of motocycles. Trust the bastards in govt to take the easy way out by taking away the livelihood of the poor. They comfortably sit back and earn fat salaries and allowances while driving in a convoy of posh cars all paid for by the tax and levies paid by these okada men.

The so-called 250 taxis scheme is a sham! I've been reliably informed on another forum that the taxis (all brand new cars) are hijacked by government officials, their friends/family, well-off individuals (who can afford the high initial deposits), they then convert them to personal rides.

Some wicked idiots don't deserve to live, the earlier they are murdered the better for our society.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
Tudór:

That bikes are unsafe is a very weak and I might add stupid excuse (no offense). Accidents are not caused by machines but as a result of human error.

A reckless driver is a reckless driver irrespective of whether you drive a motorcycle, jeep,truck or fly a damn space shuttle. Banning solves nothing. Give an illiterate or irresponsible okada man a hummer and he'll drive the same way.

With the bad roads, poor lighting and control of traffic coupled with the fact that most drivers in nigeria can't even recognise road signs (thats if they even exist in the first place). The liscensing procedure is even flawed, any mental patient can walk into the FRSC liscensing office pay 5k and get a liscense no consideration is given as to whether you can turn a steering or not!

Any sensible individual (and we lack them in government) would advocate for better roads, efficient traffic control with street lights, traffic lights and road signs in addition to educating drivers on driving ethics and road rules/signs. All these would go a long way in reducing road accidents rather than an outright ban of motocycles. Trust the bastards in govt to take the easy way out by taking away the livelihood of the poor. They comfortably sit back and earn fat salaries and allowances while driving in a convoy of posh cars all paid for by the tax and levies paid by these okada men.

The so-called 250 taxis scheme is a sham! I've been reliably informed on another forum that the taxis (all brand new cars) are hijacked by government officials, their friends/family, well-off individuals (who can afford the high initial deposits), they then convert them to personal rides.

Some wicked idiots don't deserve to live, the earlier they are murdered the better for our society.
good response.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by KnowAll(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
@Tudor & Amaka

I agree with u guys, the earlier they are murdered the better for society.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2009
hey hey!
dont put words in my mouth, i didnt say anyone should be murdered.
read my post.
i said its good to ban okadas if they have a backup plan for all those people who were driving those okadas as their occupation.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Tudor6(f): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sky Blue:

The kind of arguments and method of reasoning this thread has displayed, I just don't know anymore. There was also a public outcry when Lagos State government was getting rid of traders who just woke up one morning and set up shop across drainages and by roadsides, apparently they had a "legal" right to be there. In Nigeria anybody can just get a bike and say he wants to do Okada. It always amuses me when we say we want order and vehemently defend the right of[b] disorder and chaos[/b] to exist. Who said anything about "beutifying" the environment? Anyway, enjoy the chaos, it seems we want to defend a culture of being able to do absolutely anything you want, without recourse for anyone else.
And your point is. . . .?
This is really ridiculous. In that same Nigeria cant any slowpoke wake up one morning get into a car and call himself a driver? Why not ban cars too.

I also don't understand how okada constitutes disorder and chaos and why you likened it to setting up illegal structures. Tell me, is it illegal to own or ride a motocycle?
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by SkyBlue1: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2009
Tudór:

And your point is. . . .?
This is really ridiculous. In that same Nigeria cant any slowpoke wake up one morning get into a car and call himself a driver? Why not ban cars too.

I also don't understand how okada constitutes disorder and chaos and why you likened it to setting up illegal structures. Tell me, is it illegal to own or ride a motocycle?

It is not illegal to own a motorcycle, however we are not talking of simply owning motorcycles so stop trying to be coy. Just because anyone can wake up one morning and call himself a driver even without a licence, does not make it right. The kind of reasoning one sees on Nairaland can be quite shocking. Banning a widely used practise with no regulation or organisation, that has worsened the traffic situation, caused many accidents, served as a hazard, and landed many people in hospital is not the same as banning cars because a lot of individuals drive without any licence (which is also wrong). The fact that you feel you need to make such extrapolations to land a point might just go to show the weakness in the foundations of your arguments. I did not call for a ban on motorcycles, I said a ban on Okada practise sounds reasonable (if there are alternatives provided). Read my post and comprehend first please, before you try to tell me what I am saying, it is getting a tad irritating if I am to be honest.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Tudor6(f): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sky Blue:

It is not illegal to own a motorcycle, however we are not talking of simply owning motorcycles so stop trying to be coy. Just because anyone can wake up one morning and call himself a driver even without a licence, does not make it right. The kind of reasoning one sees on Nairaland can be quite shocking.
Nobody said it was right. You dishonestly mentioned it like its only okada riders who go about and begin operations with impunity. Giving this ridiculous reason as your basis for a ban.
Banning a widely used practise with no regulation or organisation, that has worsened the traffic situation, caused many accidents, served as a hazard, and landed many people in hospital is not the same as banning cars because a lot of individuals drive without any licence (which is also wrong).
Another weak and hilarious point.

Err, what stops the government from "organising" and "regulating" the okada sector? Why a ban? Do you have any evidence to show cars, trucks, buses and taxis do not constitute hazard, disrupt traffic and land many people in the hospital? If cars cause havoc and accidents on the roads as well, does that not tell you there's a problem with nigerian road users in general? Blaming it all on okada riders is a sick thing to do.
Guy, you're making no sense.
The fact that you feel you need to make such extrapolations to land a point might just go to show the weakness in the foundations of your arguments.
Here is someone who has no argument other than weirdly linking okada business to erecting illegal structures on gutters. . . .talk about ridiculous extrapolations. I laugh in urhobo
I did not call for a ban on motorcycles, I said a ban on Okada practise sounds reasonable (if there are alternatives provided). Read my post and comprehend first please, before you try to tell me what I am saying, it is getting a tad irritating if I am to be honest.
This thread is on the banning of okada in Calabar. Where in calabar or the whole of nigeria have you seen alternatives provided? Let us see the alternatives first before you bore us with this self-righteous shit of "I advocate for a ban if alternatives are provided"
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by SkyBlue1: 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
Tudór:

Nobody said it was right. You dishonestly mentioned it like its only okada riders who go about and begin operations with impunity. Giving this ridiculous reason as your basis for a ban.Another weak and hilarious point.

Err, what stops the government from "organising" and "regulating" the okada sector? Why a ban? Do you have any evidence to show cars, trucks, buses and taxis do not constitute hazard, disrupt traffic and land many people in the hospital? If cars cause havoc and accidents on the roads as well, does that not tell you there's a problem with nigerian road users in general? Blaming it all on okada riders is a sick thing to do.
Guy, you're making no sense.Here is someone who has no argument other than weirdly linking okada business to erecting illegal structures on gutters. . . .talk about ridiculous extrapolations.  I laugh in urhoboThis thread is on the banning of okada in Calabar. Where in calabar or the whole of nigeria have you seen alternatives provided? Let us see the alternatives first before you bore us with this self-righteous shit of "I advocate for a ban if alternatives are provided"

I could go into your responses in depth but I think it would be futile, especially since I would be repeating myself. The fact that Okada riders can operate without regulations is not the main reason I gave for why I would support a ban, read my posts again before you claim to be an expert on my thoughts. I beg your pardon but I would not indulge you any further, you are not interested in having a discussion. Have a nice day
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Tudor6(f): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sky Blue:

I could go into your responses in depth but I think it would be futile, especially since I would be repeating myself. The fact that Okada riders can operate without regulations is not the main reason I gave for why I would support a ban, read my posts again before you claim to be an expert on my thoughts. I beg your pardon but I would not indulge you any further, you are not interested in having a discussion. Have a nice day
If you call what you've done on this thread "discussion" then i'm sorry for you. All you've done is whine about how okadas are extremely hazardous spicing it up with ridiculous jargons like "Nigerian okada culture" (what the hell is that?) as if only motocycles constitues the problem on our roads. You've provided no valid point/reason that suggests a ban is what we all need.

Typical selfish nigerians and their elitist government as long as they ride in the corollas, hummers and SUV's everyone else can go to hell. . .what a pity.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by BILLIONs1: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
Tudór:

Nobody said it was right. You dishonestly mentioned it like its only okada riders who go about and begin operations with impunity. Giving this ridiculous reason as your basis for a ban.Another weak and hilarious point.

Guy, you're making no sense.Here is someone who has no argument other than weirdly linking okada business to erecting illegal structures on gutters. . . .talk about ridiculous extrapolations. I laugh in urhoboThis thread is on the banning of okada in Calabar. Where in calabar or the whole of nigeria have you seen alternatives provided? Let us see the alternatives first before you bore us with this self-righteous shit of "I advocate for a ban if alternatives are provided"

@ SkyBlue
I think your argument is weak, looking at the BAN from the point of view constituting hazards is really myopic, If its hazards we want to talk about you may have to pack out of Nigeria as a whole (starting from your kitchen and the electric pole infront of your house). Ignoring the economic side of things and contributions of these citizen to economy of the state (which is far more important) is simply being partial. Have you tot of the repercursions of such a Ban. I believe simple reasoning would be to provide a feasible alternative first ( not programs like "planning to purchase 250 taxis, what will that do, to everyone affected).
Your point about reducing casualties at the wards may not be completely true, after the Ban there will be casualties alright, but of Gunshot woulds and matchet cuts from robberies.

The fact is crime would always be with us as long as humans exists, cutting/haulting a particular sector is not the best measure, I believe the govt is just looking for the easy route with less resistance.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by selingel: 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
Amaechi, Understanding The Relevance Of Okada Riders (?)
Written by Odimegwu Onwumere

On 17th day of July, 2008, history was made in the city of Port Harcourt when the (hated?) Okada riders foiled the attempt of two minors’ kidnappers in the GRA phase of the city that went to school. This feat of the hero-okada men is attracting attention and thanks to the Nigerian motorcyclists association of Nigeria, especially the chapter in Port Harcourt. But since the motorcyclists achieved this conscious brevity and even by having one of their okada men injured by the pellet of the men of the underworld, a lot of questions now are being raised to be answered.

Rivers State residents were once thrown into shock when Governor Chibuike Amaechi made it open that Okada riding may soon be phased out; following a plan by the state government and private outfits to partner in a viable transport system that would make Okada operations unfashionable?

Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi stated this early this year, at the state transport summit. Hear him: “I was ready to ban commercial motorcycles in Rivers State, even today, if we find viable alternatives to Okada.”

The governor believed that the odds of the commercial cyclists outweigh the advantages. His word, “Because of the many deaths associated with motorcycles, robbery on bike, broken limbs and permanent disabilities….”

When the statement was made, people at the summit, the participants, were abashed by the image okada as a means of transportation in Nigeria creates for the country in the eyes of the international community. To them, they saw the image Okada riding creates as an embarrassment as if Nigeria is so poor that it can’t provide clean transportation means for her citizens. They believed that before the coming of bikes, the country moved very well with taxis.

While many in that summit saw the need why okada should be banned, many participants had different opinion; they did not hide their voices to say that the system provided job opportunities to scores of Nigerian citizens. And that making them jobless in one fell swoop would create some social problems. While this went on, observers noticed that many people abrogated that concept and asked that Okada riders should look elsewhere for livelihood when the time comes.

In many quarters, some people say one wrong thing about Okada riders or another. And many Nigerians feel that the ban on Okada riding in Nigeria would be the honest thing that the government can do for its citizenry? They believed that the number of Okada riders as a form of public transport in Nigeria needs to be seriously reduced? They believed that Okadas are dangerous, a nuisance to other drivers, flaunt traffic laws, and that they were sure all Nigerians know people who have been seriously injured as a result of Okada?

However, others asked that if Okada was going to be banned in Port Harcourt then was the commissioner for transport or the government providing any viable alternatives? To these people they saw the idea of banning okada in Rivers State without provision for jobs for the operators as, "action without thinking". While that raged on, many Nigerians saw the idea and characterized it as an idea that seems to have a hold on the vast majority of Nigerian leaders all to just put on a show.

When the news was making the rounds in the Garden City, in May 26, this year, the commercial motorcyclists (okada) took to the streets of Port Harcourt, protesting government’s proposed ban of the cyclists on 35 major roads and some streets of the city. While this was experienced, scores of residents were caught unawares and they had to trek long distances to their places of businesses or abodes, like when the immediate ex-Governors before Amaechi introduced dusk to dawn curfew. Some of the residents were drenched, because it rained in the early morning in some parts of the city of that day of the protest. Okada officials meant it and they mobilized their members and planted them at strategic places to stop all commercial cycles from plying the streets and the major roads and not to carry people.

The Okada officials were saying that the reasons the government gave for banning the Okadas were not valid because even in civilized societies there are still criminals and accident is a character of human existence. They said that the government did not consult with the union before going ahead to ban them plying the roads of Port Harcourt. They cited Calabar, (Cross River State), that the government of Rivers State was supposed to emulate how commercial cycling has been properly organized instead of banning them. They even said that they were ready to join hands with the government to organize the operation of Okadas in the city because they also generated revenue for the state. They regretted that if the government was to tow the line of banning them, that it was creating unnecessary unemployment and deliberately sending people to the labour market and also opening the way for more criminals to flood the state. They also admonished the government following its announcement a few weeks ago before the protest that it was constrained by the high rate of okada-related crimes and accidents in the state and environs, prompting the need to check the vices by fixing the time of their operations to between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. as an act of giving a dog a bad name.

Just two days after the protest by the Okada riders took place, precisely on 29th May 2008, the governor Amaechi-led government paraded kidnappers arrested by the Rivers state Police Command at a stakeholder’s forum of the state in Government House.

Among those that were paraded was a 70-year old man who allegedly connived with his son to abduct some children in the state. (He was not an Okada rider). This was after governor Rotimi Amaechi in his opening remark had condemned kidnapping, saying it makes nonsense of agitation by the region for attention. At hearing this, visibly, governor Amaechi was angry. He wondered why the criminality of abduction in the state and the link between the abducted children and problems of under-development in the Niger Delta.

Hear the Governor: “Kidnapping is becoming an industry. Kidnapping is beyond the issue of Niger Delta struggle. They have bastardized the struggle with kidnappings. We are losing sympathy both at the local and international levels. Those doing it are doing it at the expense of others".

Nigerians can’t forget in a hurry that the keynote address presented by Chairman, Committee on Transport Summit 2008, Mr. George Fubara Tolofari, said challenges in the transportation system includes surmounting the ineffective intra-marine transport services. He asserted that the absence of functional mega parks and jetties, the unplanned location of bus stops, the clogged waterways occasioned by abandoned wreckages, the deficient enforcement of road/marine rules and regulations were all the problems. Tolofari also said that the traffic situation in Port Harcourt had reached crisis dimensions and several many hours and lives are lost to traffic congestion on a daily basis. Did he say to Okada only?

Hear him: “This has had adverse implications for economic development and industrial growth of the city and the state at large. There is the need to examine the existing network of roads in the state, the condition of other existing infrastructure in the transport sector”.

Today, Nigerians could see the importance of the okada riders Governor Amaechi government have banned not to ply 35 roads and streets in the capital city of Rivers State. He has even expressed this by the reward of N7.5 million his government has given to the 4 gallant okada men who foiled the attempt of the minors’ kidnappers in the GRA axis of Port Harcourt on 17th July, 2008. The government had also given them Hiace bus and promised to foot the hospital bills of the okada man shot by the miscreants.

And observers understood that when Rivers State government does something worthy of note or substantial they keep people informed. Until then please no more of this government banned okada. Is there no government commissioned pit toilet in mile one? Etc.

http://www.mynaijanews.com/content/view/1860/228/
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by selingel: 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
This is a clear argument for and against the ban of Okada riding.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Enjoyment1(f): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2009
Many at times, Okada has really helped, but when it is now a tool for breaking human legs, killing and even crime, is what I cannot understand? Meanwhile, it is another job creator to teaming unemployed!.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by Oboma1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
One can never over-emphasize the advantages and disadvantages of Okada to our daily economic and mobility needs, most especially in heavily congested cities like Lagos and other interior places that buses and cars can not frequent.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by mamagee3(f): 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
Should motorcyclists now be out of the city, this is ridiculous.
Re: Cross River State Govt Bans Okada - From Nov. 15th by seanet01: 5:54am On Dec 20, 2012
Heaven did not fall when Cross rivers did this. But ibos want heaven to fall when Lagos ban killer okadas.
Say no to Okada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto: Madalla Church Bomber Hospitalized In Abuja / You Can Now Call The Acting Inspector-general Of Police-08059666666 / Libyan Returnees Seek Relocation From Port Harcourt Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.