Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) (26838 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" / "Pay Your Child To Read"- Chimamanda Adichie On Child Care, Feminism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by hahn(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rossikk:
Your reading and interpretation of history and its supposed consequences is equal to that of a 4 year old child. Tell me something. Name me one book on African history you've ever read. Just one.

Don't bother. I know the answer. Zero. Expert on "our ancestors".

Look. Let us not trade insults.

Understand what I mean. Even if what they did was wrong, they did it for the benefit of the their own people.

We are the losers. They won
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Rossikk(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

If I sell you chocks gotten from a lecturers office does that exempt you from responsibility? No!

And I think it's disingenous to stop just at the part where we sold slaves to them. You skipped the part where they camped ships at the shore of a lot of riverine communities and forced them to give up the sovereignty of their land and the ownership of the resources therein.

You skipped the part where they themselves organised raiding parties to gather slaves.

You skipped the part where they forcibly fused different tribes under a single geographical entity just because they were too lazy to rule us separately and they were too stingy to disburse funds to rule us effectively separate. And years after they have left we are still feeling the tremors of this forced union.

So I think you do yourself and your generations to come a disservice for this dishonest defense of a reply you wrote here.
It must be frustrating having to read through the wretchedly uninformed posts here. Your intelligence and knowledge far supercedes what's on offer by our resident slave-minded dunderheads here.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by kingthreat(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Legend87:

And a slowpoke will never think of changing his brown roof... Ewu!

Freaking ipob azzwipe. Better go and rescue your sister in the baby factory in Aba. She don born 4 already. grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by MarieSucre(f): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
hahn:

See ehn, if it was our forefathers who did the same to make us developed then you wouldn't be arguing.

They did what they had to do to get where they are.

Even if what they did was vile and savage, they got what they wanted.

It is sad we are the victims though

Then I must really be an immoral person. But thankfully I strive hard not to be. Go on-line and see how many people are writing articles, forming rights organisations and going on peace works because of the atrocities committed by their ancestors. Are you telling me that those people have more morality than you? It would be shameful indeed.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by hahn(m): 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Then I must really be an immoral person. But thankfully I strive hard not to be. Go on-line and see how many people are writing articles, forming rights organisations and going on peace works because of the atrocities committed by their ancestors. Are you telling me that those people have more morality than you? It would be shameful indeed.

Lol. That won't change anything. Africans will still serve foreign gods, give testimonies about getting visas to the same US whose ancestors enslaved us, loot public funds and take the loot to foreign banks

Doesn't change a thing undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by BCISLTD: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
KingRex1:
Did anyone notice her body language and deceptive smiles? She made valid points tho.

But saying a white man doesnt get to define what's racist doesn't seem fair.

That's racist as well
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by goingape1: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Where did she say feminist want penisses?
what the......!
she didn't.
I didn't even read the topic.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by kingthreat(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Sorry but not sorry. I'd rather buy myself that dream car and take myself on that dream date to Rome. And you gain nothing from dissing somebody who doesn't know you exist on a website she doesn't even visit. You just sound petty and little.

Hey if you don't there are many other damsels that will take my offer. Many beautiful, intelligent and more successful than you. Chimamanda is a stupid Biafran feminist and homosexual agitator. And so she wil be. If any of her supporters have a problem with that, let them go sniff on my balls. grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by cr7lomo: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
Cooldude68:

I think she nailed it. A white man can never understand what it's like to be racially abused.

How wud they understand it when they live , respect and protect each other... In America alone 70% of gangsters are blacks, and they kill themselves everyday...the black race is a cursed race...we discriminate , with a wicked repulsive selfish heart...how many charity organizations thrive in Africa, with all the money we have...in this forum alone, they hv created NCAN , to discriminate against each other...they black race can never unite, unlike the white race , this is what the white race keep on using against us...dont forget that it was a black man that killed Malcolm x and martin Luther King...look at what happened in south Africa ( xenophobia) .... Tell me where that sort of thing happens in a developed white man country against their fellow race... Chiamanda should just Stfu, just like Most women , talking without concrete thoughts...And pls , no one should come here to spree rubbish that she has achieved alot...she chose that part, its not everybody that wants to come out in the limelight...she is accusing trump and his race, but still lives in his country...hypocritical f.ool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by coolvitus(m): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
black people sorry of una where u the one that built USA? why can't u build our own country? trump send all of them back home please
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by MarieSucre(f): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
kingthreat:

Hey if you don't there are many other damsels that will take my offer. Many beautiful, intelligent and more successful than you. Chimamanda is a stupid Biafran feminist and homosexual agitator. And so she wil be. If any of her supporters have a problem with that, let them go sniff on my balls. grin grin

You mean many "other damsels" who you will later come on nairaland and call Olosho for coming for only your money and not for love. I stand on what I say, I will buy myself that bomb-ass car and take myself on that crazy trip. No strings attached, to myself off course. With the way you disrespect women, God helps the woman who takes you up on your offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by MarieSucre(f): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
hahn:

Lol. That won't change anything. Africans will still serve foreign gods, give testimonies about getting visas to the same US whose ancestors enslaved us, loot public funds and take the loot to foreign banks

Doesn't change a thing undecided undecided

Yes it will. The world is changing people are now becoming more aware of their faults and acknowledging it. Germany has apologised for the holocaust, The Vatican has apologized to women for the "witch-burning" era where hundreds thousands of women were burnt for witchcraft. If you want to be a pessimist that's on you. If you don't want to change the world that's fine. Just don't endorse these despicable art or glorify them as you have done with that article.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Rossikk(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
cr7lomo:

How wud they understand it when they live , respect and protect each other... In America alone 70% of gangsters are blacks, and they kill themselves everyday...the black race is a cursed race...we discriminate , with a wicked repulsive selfish heart...how many charity organizations thrive in Africa, with all the money we have...in this forum alone, they hv created NCAN , to discriminate against each other...they black race can never unite, unlike the white race , this is what the white race keep on using against us...dont forget that it was a black man that killed Malcolm x and martin Luther King...look at what happened in south Africa ( xenophobia) .... Tell me where that sort of thing happens in a developed white man country against their fellow race... Chiamanda should just Stfu, just like Most women , talking without concrete thoughts...And pls , no one should come here to spree rubbish that she has achieved alot...she chose that part, its not everybody that wants to come out in the limelight...she is accusing trump and his race, but still lives in his country...hypocritical f.ool
Self hater. Americans of all races are entitled to equal treatment under the constitution. Just because you consider yourself inferior doesn't mean non-white Americans feel the same.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by cr7lomo: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rossikk:
I honestly wish some of you Nigerians who have ZERO experience of the black experience in the US and other western nations, would just shut the hell up and stop stinking up the web with your ignorance.

You should be the one who should shut the hell up...y are u leaving in a white man's country if u being treated like crap...are u on exile from Nigeria...is it not ur wicked leaders that has made life difficult for its citizens that has made people like u search for greener pastures...the most developed countries in the world are run and inhabited by the white race, while the countries that are the most underdeveloped are run by the black man and inhabited by the black race

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by kingthreat(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

You mean many "other damsels" who you will later come on nairaland and call Olosho for coming for only your money and not for love. I stand on what I say, I will myself that bomb-ass car and take myself on that crazy trip. No strings attached, to myself off course. With the way you disrespect women, God helps the woman who takes you up on your offer.
Na your sisters be olosho, ayangba, etc
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Rossikk(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
coolvitus:
black people sorry of una where u the one that built USA? why can't u build our own country? trump send all of them back home please
Actually the USA was built on the back of African labour. Something you would know if you weren't allergic to books and research. Dumb and dumber.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by MarieSucre(f): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
kingthreat:

Na your sisters be olosho, ayangba, etc

I don't understand where did that come from? Did I insult your sisters or any if your female relatives?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by cr7lomo: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rossikk:
Self hater. Americans of all races are entitled to equal treatment under the constitution. Just because you consider yourself inferior doesn't mean non-white Americans feel the same.

U are the inferior person here because u have already stated that racism is the reason why you and ur fellow blacks are being taunted by the white race...is Obama not a black man?? Are jay z Beyonce Denzel Washington Halley berry Michael Jordan LeBron James p diddy , are they not blacks, didn't they all come out from a humble background...chiwetel ejiofor nko? Hu is a Nigerian... Only people that suffer from inferiority complex will blame their skin colour for the problems they face in a white mans country
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by hahn(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Yes it will. The world is changing people are now becoming more aware of their faults and acknowledging it. Germany has apologised for the holocaust, The Vatican has apologized to women for the "witch-burning" era where hundreds thousands of women were burnt for witchcraft. If you want to be a pessimist that's on you. If you don't want to change the world that's fine. Just don't endorse these despicable art or glorify them as you have done with that article.

They apologized. Did the Vatican bother to tell people that Jesus is just a myth or has the apology made Germans less racist?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
hmm .. ChimAmanda has proven not to be as smart as she tries to portray herself, I must say..... besides, In saying a white man does not get to define what racism is, is in itself and in some regard, a racist statement

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Legend87(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
kingthreat:

Freaking ipob azzwipe. Better go and rescue your sister in the baby factory in Aba. She don born 4 already. grin grin grin

Your women are so cheap to the extent even the married ones still Bleep in the houses. I have 3 in my compound. And the worse of it all, due to their obessity, they can't wash their bodies well enough to prevent that room killing odour.tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Mujtahida: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rossikk:
Actually the USA was built on the back of African labour. Something you would know if you weren't allergic to books and research. Dumb and dumber.
So why oh why haven't we built up our nation, our continent? Are we not Africans? Don't we labour still?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by kingthreat(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
Legend87:

Your women are so cheap to the extent even the married ones still Bleep in the houses. I have 3 in my compound. And the worse of it all, due to their obessity, they can't wash their bodies well enough to prevent that room killing odour.tongue

Talk of the celebrated hoes doing your tribe proud home and abroad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3kLFXp4nw
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Mujtahida: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Legend87:

On this forum ehn the way yorubas and ibos go for each other's throats hurling derogatory words at each other is pathetic and yet we say that whites are racist. I don't understand ooo, I don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by shine12: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Rossikk:
I honestly wish some of you[b] Nigerians who have ZERO experience[/b] of the black experience in the US and other western nations, would just shut the hell up and stop stinking up the web with your ignorance.

I live in the UK and I've spent considerably amount of time in the states and know what racism mean not in theory but from first hand experience - Next time do not assume everyone on Nairaland lives in Nigeria and have no experience of what blacks go through, also no need for calling me ignorant, I only made a comment on the way I feel.

Now to the point, I experience racism as well ,mostly from white people that are not necessarily racist but have no idea of who I am, so therefore, they ask silly questions and make a wrong generalization, that's on the surface level and experience proper ones once in a while

I do not condone racism, but I'm speaking from the video i saw(by the way I watched the extended version, not the one on this forum), Chimamanda has a history of doing this. She once shut-down a guy in Lagos just because he said "beauty with brains to her".

Again racism is not only faced by black people, but Asians, whites and Europeans can find themselves at the opposite end as well.

Trust me, I know what blacks go through in the western world.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Legend87(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mujtahida:

On this forum ehn the way yorubas and ibos go for each other's throats hurling derogatory words at each other is pathetic and yet we say that whites are racist. I don't understand ooo, I don't.
How do u feel when an illiterate downgrade an educated person? I only tried to let the goat see that he's not in the lady's class. & he feels he can go into a war of words..
The sweet thing is i'm not from the east.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Legend87(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
kingthreat:

Talk of the celebrated hoes doing your tribe proud home and abroad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3kLFXp4nw

Aside the brown roof dog fuckers, how many other women/men have u heard about being entrapped by ur so called magun, shamelessly in public?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by ephi123(f): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Well she is on BBC and you are here so... The real question is who cares about your views?

Classic cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by ephi123(f): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
I don't believe in racism, we are all human beings. Racism is just people hating on each other regardless of colour. What will you say about our different tribes in Nigeria? Nigerians are more racists against themselves than any other, and we still the black race. Racism is overrated.

But Nigerians cannot be racist towards each other because we belong to the same race...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
Raine80:

No nothing works

Oh well. You've been exchanging friendly mentions (well, most of the time) with "Donald Trump", so in the public eye you're not exactly innocent, are you?
We're going down together. cheesy

You don't like emoticons?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie On Trump, Racism And The KKK (Video) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
It seems fair to me because black people or Africans are being treated as slaves or as second class citizens undecided
KingRex1:
Did anyone notice her body language and deceptive smiles? She made valid points tho.

But saying a white man doesnt get to define what's racist doesn't seem fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? / Why You Shouldn't Fart In A Crowded Elevator!!! / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.