Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635010 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by henry007(m): 4:06am On Sep 20, 2007
dear doctor, i just want 2 know if its normal 4 someone my age(18) 2 cumm almost everyday like wen i'm in toilet instead of urine, its cumm like syruppy kinda liquid.is it normal,explain plz
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:08am On Sep 20, 2007
henry007:

dear doctor, i just want 2 know if its normal 4 someone my age(18) 2 cumm almost everyday like when i'm in toilet instead of urine, its cumm like syruppy kind of liquid.is it normal,explain plz
[center][size=17pt]YOU GOT STD cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size] [/center]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by henry007(m): 4:11am On Sep 20, 2007
get auda here ,u r no doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:15am On Sep 20, 2007
I don't have to be a doctor before telling you that your ass is burning up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2007
pls doctor l want to know whether its possible to be pregnant being 8days late for a period and a blood PT still says negative? ls it that the kind of equipements used here are so obsolete to dictate pregancy hormones that early, becos when chatting on yahoo answers, the oyibos there claim to get a positive PT even before a missed period. What do you think?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bolorunfem(f): 9:16am On Sep 20, 2007
Dr. B and all the doctors in the house, pls, answer to my quoted question below is still pending. thank you
My questions:
My skin is very thick. I had excision on my breast in April and the skin of the site is thickly raised (what Yorubas call "o re"wink. The surgery site itches and sometimes is painful to touch. What I can I do to (1) soften my skin generally? (2) take care of the raised cut surgery line?

Before I did the surgery I was having pinching sensations all over my body (internally). I was afraid it might be cancer. The biopsy result was benign and coincidentally the pinching stopped then only to resume last month. What can cause pinching sensation in one and what test can be done to verify the cause?

Thanks Doc, keep up the good work.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bolorunfem(f): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2007
smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ola4u: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2007
Please kindly assist, I have Cataract that has affected my 2 eyes, and i do not want to go for operation.

Please what do i do??

Somebody recommended Aleo Vera. Can it work

Another person recommended pure honey. Can it work??

Please assist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ ola4u
Aloe vera would work and I would also suggest vitamins A&D as natural way of combatting your cataract. I have some wonderful stuffs u might be interested in. U can email me on lambo3a@yahoo.ca for more info
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dollyshow(f): 5:49am On Sep 25, 2007
@ pheesayor
aloe vera for ctaracts? can u pls expalin how it will be used?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by HoneyJ1(f): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2007
DOC pls help

I have this embarassing rashes on my cheek for 2 wks now and i've applied hydrocortisone but the rashes refuse to clear out.

pls can you recommend any ointment or tablet to be used

Thanks in earnest Doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
Doc. please do reply,the questions are piling.By the way can you shed some light on the cause of Polycystic ovarian syndrome.(P.C.O.S)?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by efuah(f): 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2007
where's the doc undecided pls when u resume office try and anwer me wink

1. What causes menstrual pains? (perhaps somebody might have asked b4) but i need to kno

2. What causes double period in one month?

waiting,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mustay(m): 6:22am On Sep 28, 2007
me sef i don dey wait balogun O

MAKE HIM HOLLA NA
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ijay07: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2007
Hello,
Seems the doctor is out on duty. I'll be immensely glad if you can clarify these issues for me when you get back:
- Just discovered that i'm pregnant (missed my pd dis month and the blood tests saya +ve); issue was that i had the IUCD on while this happened. I had to remove the device yesterday.
- My major issue is that i just took coartem last week (this is contraindicated for the first trimester for pregnant women). I hope it wont affect my baby (since i there are no post implantation losses, research indicates that the drug is teratogenic amongst rats)
Kindly advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2007
I was hoping the other doctors in the house would help. I will answer all question put in this forum in the next 24 hours. I have been busy arranging another position for myself which involves teaching medical students from Dundee and Edinburgh universities. This will help my love for teaching students and junior doctors. Enough excuses and talking about myself. I shall get down to answering in next 24 hours
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2007
Welcome back Dr. B.

Some of the queries were addressed to you personally so we had to wait for your return.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2007
l wish u well doctor. pls come back and reply us.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gentleone(f): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
hi docs, i've been having this constant upper back pain for close to 2wks now.
i was at the hospital and was just given paracetamol but the pain has refused to go
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Gentleone - back pain is usually caused by musculoligamentous problems. Adequate pain relief and relaxation. How old are you?
Ijay07 - Congratulations with your pregnancy. How many tablets of coartem did you take before you realised your pregnancy. As you said studies have only been done in animals and there is no specific data about human problems at any trimester.
Efuah - menstrual pain is mainly from the contracting muscles of the uterus. Womens periods are a mystery to most people even gynaecologist. Unless you are bleeding too heavily, the odd extra period is nothing to worry about
Mustay - you will have to re ask your question, unless I find it further down the line
Polycystic ovarian disease - there is a whole book on that. Friend of mine suffers from it and she gets severe pain a different times of the month. Sometimes even requires morphine for the pain. Nobody knows the cause. Mainly related to hormones. See your gynaecologist. Causes infertility sometimes
Honey J - picture of the rash please to my e mail. Is it a raised rash, a flat one. Is it itchy. Is it red. More description please
ola4U - how old are you. do you have congenital cataracts. More information
Bolorunfem - what you are describing in your skin is very much like keloid scarring. very common in black people after lacerations and surgery. Excision of keloid scar could lead to a bigger keloid scar. Its from the skin over healing
My peace - if your beta HCG levels are normal, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Chances are stress have made your periods irregular. Unless you are trying for a baby, best to used adequate contraception
I think I have covered everybody on this page. Sorry it took so long to reply.
What happened to all my other good doctors helping out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dollyshow(f): 6:07am On Oct 04, 2007
Dr Balogun, i didnt get a reply to my questions,
retyping again
Dear Dr Balogun, Have been having pain for almost two weeks now on my left hip bone, thought it was on my left abdomen before but after careful examination i found out its on the left hip, the pain is serious when i sit down and want to get up or when trying toi get up from the bed, i will feel this intense pain and when i start walking it will go away. I have my doctor, he gave me some drugs, but the pain wont just go away.
what should i do? what tests can i go for?
your swift response will be so much appreciated
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoge25(f): 6:15am On Oct 04, 2007
@dollyshow
I'm not a doctor (nursing student) just stumbled on this forum but with regards to your pelvic pain did you get a pap smear done when you saw your doctor? if not you might want to look into that and see what the results say.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2007
Thank you doctor.  yes l am trying for a baby.  l am not under any stress right now, and  the period has still not come,thats  over three weeks now.  l don't even want to go for another test.  Am only expriencing period like cramps and pinching pain on my both sides of the ovaries ocassionally.  l had typhoid an malaria after ovulation of that cycle, don't know if that could be the cause, but my doctor said it shdnt be.
l still want to give about three more weeks so that i can do a scan, l don't have confidence on the equipment used by the doctors for their test.

Thanks once more,  l don't mind reading your reaction  on this again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2007
Dollyshow, I am sorry I missed your question. Pain in the hip, worse with with sitting and lying. Improves with walking. Do you mind my asking how old you are. Is there history of arthritis in the family. How long has the pain been going for. Your doctor has probably given you some anti inflammatory tablets.
Mypeace, I wish you best with getting pregnant. Need to get your urine or beta HCG repeated. Do you have any symptoms of early pregnancy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gentleone(f): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2007
Gentleone - back pain is usually caused by musculoligamentous problems. Adequate pain relief and relaxation. How old are you?

thanks doc, i'm just in my late twenties o and whatever does musculoligamentous problems means
my doc said it was normal cos i'm pregnant but d pain has just refused to go and its only on my upper back left side. do u really think dis is normal?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by darkroll(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hi Dr Balogun , i sent you an email , but still yet to get a reply ,

This is my question , Pls kindly advise me on the best anti bacteria or anti fungai cream to use , i am having some withish little lump growing around my anus , i guess this is a toilet dieseaes i got from using public toilet. ot what do u think it is ?

Any one that knows pls send me email or post message here
willa.seun@yahoo.com
Am a nigeria , but i live and work in seychelles .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by darkroll(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2007
Doctor Balogun , how are you ?

I sent you and email , but still no reply . pls help me on this ,

I noticed that some white looking small nodes is growing around my anus , i dnt know what this is .
i suspect it is bacteria or fungai , cause recently i used a freinds toilet which was not to clean.
what can i apply on it , any good anti bacterial cream or anti fungai cream ? or what can i do to this pls

Pls anyone that has a good response for this , shoukd kindly post it or email me willa.seun@yahoo.com

thanks
Am a Nigerian , but i live and work in Seychelles .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by darkroll(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2007
Doctor Balogun , how are you ?

I sent you and email , but still no reply . pls help me on this ,

I noticed that some white looking small nodes is growing around my anus , i dnt know what this is .
i suspect it is bacteria or fungai , cause recently i used a freinds toilet which was not to clean.
what can i apply on it , any good anti bacterial cream or anti fungai cream ? or what can i do to this pls

Pls anyone that has a good response for this , shoukd kindly post it or email me willa.seun@yahoo.com

thanks
Am a Nigerian , but i live and work in Seychelles .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kaypinchi(m): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ Doc. in the Land

You need to help me on these; other than starting a new thread.

Please can you offer insights on the responsibilities of the Doctor(s) and/or Nurse(s) in a case where negligence can be traced to a patient's death.

Also, is following the advice of your Doctor or Medical consultant (hook line & sinker) at your own risk?

I really need to know asap please.

If you wish, mail me wt my username at yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2007
Kaypinch, probably best you start a new thread. In cases of negligence, you need to seek legal opinion not a medical one. Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
Darkroll. Unlikely to get a toilet disease using public toilet!! My advice is see your general practitioner to examine you properly before you start using any creams
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2007
Gentleone, with pregnancy ligaments in the body tend to stretch a bit. Some women have enough discomfort in their hip and back that they sometimes need crutches. Most of these will return to normal after child birth. Trust your doctor

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.