Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635039 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:04am On Nov 17, 2019
ugofulfilled:

Good evening Doctor. I will go straight to the point. I took treatments for malaria and typhoid. For malaria I used Lonart DS & Gvither & for typhoid I took cipro infusion. But I have noticed this situation that my body produces heat or mild hotness internally but no fever on the body. This hotness starts out like a sensation within my shoulder region down to my chest area. what could possibly be the cause. I am seeking to know as currently I don't have the money to run for a medical check. I would welcome your thoughts.
Good morning sir.
You started having this sensation before/during /after beginning the treatment for the Malaria and typhoid?

Is this your first time experiencing this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Pearl19966: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2019
2Ballz:

Good morning Ma.

I request:
1. snaps of all the test you have done before till the hour of our conversation.
2. snaps of your oral thrush and as well as your mouth sores
3. written sheet of any prescription done on your condition before.
4. a snap of the scars of the earlier rashes formed.
( Snaps should be very clear)

Send to my WhatsApp...
No charges.

I am bothered, if you knew oral thrush so well why haven't you treated at least that part of the problem?
I am not on what’s app but I send with a friends phone, about the oral thrush well I had different symptoms I can’t start treating them separately as I thought one thing is causing everything, you saw all what I listed how could I have treated them separately?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2019
2Ballz:

Good morning. Let me have the result of your thyroid hormone activity you went in for.
Don't have it. Was posted electronically within the hospital software
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ugofulfilled(m): 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
2Ballz:

Good morning sir.
You started having this sensation before/during /after beginning the treatment for the Malaria and typhoid?

Is this your first time experiencing this?

I noticed it during the time I was treating for this ailments and after. After the treatment it stopped and about a week later it continued till yesterday night. actually the sensations starts sometime later in the afternoon till night. I dont usually feel the sensation in the morning when I wake from sleep.

and yes it is my first time of experiencing it. Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fazeman25(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2019
Good morning Dr.
Pls, what are my chances of contracting TB after contact with a suspected patient?
What actually happened was that I came close to somebody who was coughing seriously to greet. Then later on, I started feeling the urge to cough, though I'm not coughing yet, just the urge to cough.
I'm eagerly anticipating your reply. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
Fazeman25:
Good morning Dr.
Pls, what are my chances of contracting TB after contact with a suspected patient?
What actually happened was that I came close to somebody who was coughing seriously to greet. Then later on, I started feeling the urge to cough, though I'm not coughing yet, just the urge to cough.
I'm eagerly anticipating your reply. Thanks
Apology, the reply didn't come up on time.
Okay. Coming close to one having TB may not cost you your health if that person is quite working on never exposing his or her droplets to the environment. If you have this urge persisting for sometime with any other complaint or just the cough, kindly see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
ugofulfilled:

I noticed it during the time I was treating for this ailments and after. After the treatment it stopped and about a week later it continued till yesterday night. actually the sensations starts sometime later in the afternoon till night. I dont usually feel the sensation in the morning when I wake from sleep.

and yes it is my first time of experiencing it. Thank you for your prompt response.

How are you now? Apology as I couldn't continue where we were. Any improvement?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
naijaboy756:
Don't have it. Was posted electronically within the hospital software
Though you may be right, but initiative in dealing health issue requires I see such things myself...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pearl19966:

I am not on what’s app but I send with a friends phone, about the oral thrush well I had different symptoms I can’t start treating them separately as I thought one thing is causing everything, you saw all what I listed how could I have treated them separately?
One thing for example immunodeficiency may be responsible for the Oral thrush, but once I recognise an oral thrush, whether the fall in immunity is brought by virus or whatever, mode of treatment may involve antifungals in one way...

I didn't get any message from you on my desk...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OutOfTheAshes(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
I do experience slight pains while urinating although I haven't noticed any symptoms on my genital. Could this be a sign of gonorreah?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
OutOfTheAshes:
I do experience slight pains while urinating although I haven't noticed any symptoms on my genital. Could this be a sign of gonorreah?

It may be or not... If you earnestly wish to learn about it why not go to the medical laboratory centre and have them cultured your urine just to see what comes out on a growth.
This is just a perfect way to address the issue at this early stage.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Please any ENT doctor in the house.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thatnawtichick(f): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
Good evening Doctor(s). Please what medicine can you prescribe for chest pain.
It comes and leaves after 2-3 days.... It gives discomfort, inability to breathe well.... People around me can tell with the noise I make when I breathe. Please what can i do to make it go away. It been like that for years now.
P.s: I dont take cold things, even stopped taking garri.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2019
READ MORE ON THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF A BANANA BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/health-benefits-of-banana.html

READ MORE ON THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF TANGERINE FRUIT BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/benefits-of-tangerine-fruit.html

READ MORE ON THE TREATMENT OF ULCER BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/health-ulcer-treatment.html

READ MORE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF GUAVA LEAF BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/the-importance-of-guava-leaf.html

READ MORE ON HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR HEALTH BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/how-to-maintain-your-health.html

READ MORE ON THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW GARDEN EGG SAUCE BELOW...
https://www.naijamedialog.com.ng/2019/11/health-benefits-of-raw-garden-egg-sauce.html
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:39am On Nov 24, 2019
Thatnawtichick:
Good evening Doctor(s). Please what medicine can you prescribe for chest pain.
It comes and leaves after 2-3 days.... It gives discomfort, inability to breathe well.... People around me can tell with the noise I make when I breathe. Please what can i do to make it go away. It been like that for years now.
P.s: I dont take cold things, even stopped taking garri.
Good morning madam.

A chest pain for this long is something to be worried about. Why haven't you gone to the clinic about it? If you have, what did the doctor say about it?
You don't take cold things? Are you trying to tell me exposure to whatever get you cold can trigger the chest pain?
Which side of the chest are you having this pain?
Is the pain moderate and continuous?
Is the pain mild continuous or infrequent?
Is it harsh?
What do you trigger this pain?

Answer this few questions first, there are other more.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaboy756: 7:02am On Nov 24, 2019
2Ballz:

Though you may be right, but initiative in dealing health issue requires I see such things myself...
Ok Boss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thatnawtichick(f): 11:45am On Nov 24, 2019
2Ballz:

Good morning madam.

A chest pain for this long is something to be worried about. Why haven't you gone to the clinic about it? If you have, what did the doctor say about it?
You don't take cold things? Are you trying to tell me exposure to whatever get you cold can trigger the chest pain?
Which side of the chest are you having this pain?
Is the pain moderate and continuous?
Is the pain mild continuous or infrequent?
Is it harsh?
What do you trigger this pain?

Answer this few questions first, there are other more.
I haven't been to the clinic to complain about it. lipsrsealed
It happens once in a whiiillle..
Yea my exposure to cold triggers it sometimes so I decided to stay off cold things..Though sometimes I take cold icecreams and I wont see any effect , another time I would. So i don't really get.... I also try not to expose my chest cause it triggers it too.....On a norms I am one of those that catch cold easily. (Catarrh especially). The pain is usually In the middle of my chest, the way I breathe when I have chest pain affects my stomach too. When the chest pain stops then I start to cough out thicky substance till it clears off. It isnt harsh.....The only thing is it affects my breathing. The reason why I didn't take it serious is cause it leaves after 2-3 days. Sometimes no chest pain in more than 5 months. To be honest I don't know what exactly triggers it but I feel it should be cold.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ugofulfilled(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
2Ballz:

How are you now? Apology as I couldn't continue where we were. Any improvement?

I feel better now. the symptoms gone & the hotness of the body gone. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
ugofulfilled:

I feel better now. the symptoms gone & the hotness of the body gone. Thank you.
You are welcome.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Thatnawtichick:
I haven't been to the clinic to complain about it. lipsrsealed
It happens once in a whiiillle..
Yea my exposure to cold triggers it sometimes so I decided to stay off cold things..Though sometimes I take cold icecreams and I wont see any effect , another time I would. So i don't really get.... I also try not to expose my chest cause it triggers it too.....On a norms I am one of those that catch cold easily. (Catarrh especially). The pain is usually In the middle of my chest, the way I breathe when I have chest pain affects my stomach too. When the chest pain stops then I start to cough out thicky substance till it clears off. It isnt harsh.....The only thing is it affects my breathing. The reason why I didn't take it serious is cause it leaves after 2-3 days. Sometimes no chest pain in more than 5 months. To be honest I don't know what exactly triggers it but I feel it should be cold.
Age?
Color/odor of the thick fluid you cough out?
Do you have difficulty catching breath on lying down?
Does the chest pain come after a form of stress or even exercise?
Does it come with eating or not eating food?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thatnawtichick(f): 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2019
2Ballz:

Age?
Color/odor of the thick fluid you cough out?
Do you have difficulty catching breath on lying down?
Does the chest pain come after a form of stress or even exercise?
Does it come with eating or not eating food?

Its like phelgm ...no odor
Yes, its usually difficult to sleep . I feel more comfortable sitting with my head bent forward.
No it doesn't.....Just that excercise like skipping causes palpitations for me not chest pain.
No it doesn't
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tukzee: 10:14am On Nov 25, 2019
Doctors in the house, pls I need a solution to this experience, recently I have been experiencing burning sensation on my skin, its so much if Im not putting on any cloth. Pls what is the cause of this and possible solution.
Thanks for quick response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omorkelly(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2019
Great job Doctors in the house. My wife was diagnosed and treated for U.T.I from two different hospitals but the symptom refuses to disappear (frequent urination). She was placed on antibiotics on the two different periods but test on her urine showed the bacteria infection still present.
Her blood sugar test was ok but was told to watch her consumption.
Also her BP is always high if she stops taking the recomended drug for this (Bondomet).
pls which other antibiotic can you suggest?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by souldeep(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2019
Morning Doctors,
My dad had stroke some months ago (4mths precisely) which resulted to a partial paralysis on the right side of his body, initially swallowing was difficult for him but progresses as treatment persisted.
Presently, he neither eat nor drink anything, his blood pressure is below average as well as his pulse.
Please i need ur advice on what step to take.
He is 92yrs old.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Hollandia91: 10:50am On Nov 26, 2019
2Ballz:

Apology, the reply didn't come up on time.
Okay. Coming close to one having TB may not cost you your health if that person is quite working on never exposing his or her droplets to the environment. If you have this urge persisting for sometime with any other complaint or just the cough, kindly see a doctor.
Good morning doctor. I've been having this patches on my diiick for quite sometime now.
No discharge, no difficulties in urinating. Nothing at all, just the patches, more like eczema on the shaft.
Was quite irritating that I decided to visit a General hospital, after consultation the doctor told me that I'm having contact dermatitis but I've been on two week medication of both injection and drugs but no changes.
What could this be? I can forward a picture to your mail. Please help. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Hollandia91:

Good morning doctor. I've been having this patches on my diiick for quite sometime now.
No discharge, no difficulties in urinating. Nothing at all, just the patches, more like eczema on the shaft.
Was quite irritating that I decided to visit a General hospital, after consultation the doctor told me that I'm having contact dermatitis but I've been on two week medication of both injection and drugs but no changes.
What could this be? I can forward a picture to your mail. Please help. Thanks.
Okay. What medication were you on?
You can use Kog315@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
souldeep:
Morning Doctors,
My dad had stroke some months ago (4mths precisely) which resulted to a partial paralysis on the right side of his body, initially swallowing was difficult for him but progresses as treatment persisted.
Presently, he neither eat nor drink anything, his blood pressure is below average as well as his pulse.
Please i need ur advice on what step to take.
He is 92yrs old.
Kindly get consultation on what next to do from Consultant(s) on Geriatrics as I don't interfere with oldies especially on stroke cases...
Some of the notable clinic centres are based in UI teaching hospital, UPTH, ULTH etc. Kindly explore any.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
omorkelly:
Great job Doctors in the house. My wife was diagnosed and treated for U.T.I from two different hospitals but the symptom refuses to disappear (frequent urination). She was placed on antibiotics on the two different periods but test on her urine showed the bacteria infection still present.
Her blood sugar test was ok but was told to watch her consumption.
Also her BP is always high if she stops taking the recomended drug for this (Bondomet).
pls which other antibiotic can you suggest?
What was the agent on culture seen to be the cause of her UTI?
Were you treated along with her though you didn't show symptoms?
What is her blood pressure?
Who gave Methyldopa to manage her BP, is she pregnant?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
tukzee:
Doctors in the house, pls I need a solution to this experience, recently I have been experiencing burning sensation on my skin, its so much if Im not putting on any cloth. Pls what is the cause of this and possible solution.
Thanks for quick response.
Why haven't you seen a doctor regarding this?
Is it because it is mild to moderate burning?
Is it because it comes once in blue moon?
Is it because you have a way to ease it soon as it starts?
Have you been sicked some weeks before?
Have you been on medication some weeks before now?
Describe the burning sensation in an obvious sense.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
Thatnawtichick:
Its like phelgm ...no odor
Yes, its usually difficult to sleep . I feel more comfortable sitting with my head bent forward.
No it doesn't.....Just that excercise like skipping causes palpitations for me not chest pain.
No it doesn't
Okay. Have you done a chest Xray?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by souldeep(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
2Ballz:

Kindly get consultation on what next to do from Consultant(s) on Geriatrics as I don't interfere with oldies especially on stroke cases...
Some of the notable clinic centres are based in UI teaching hospital, UPTH, ULTH etc. Kindly explore any.
thanks. I'll do just that
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omorkelly(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
[/quote][quote author=2Ballz post=84381785]
What was the agent on culture seen to be the cause of her UTI?
Were you treated along with her though you didn't show symptoms?
What is her blood pressure?
Who gave Methyldopa to manage her BP, is she pregnant?

URINE M/C/S
macro: slightly turbid
micro: pus cell -(1-3)/how
epith cells -(+)
RBC - Nill
Bacteria -(++)
T.vaginal Trophozoites - Not seen
Others: Nill
culture: Yielded moderate growth E.coll after 24hrs of incubation 37°C
Yes I was treated.
Her BP used to be 160--170
bondomet was prescribed by the second doctor she visited and Amlodipine tab was added when she complained of frequent headache
The high BP started when she was 7 months pregnant and persisted till now. our baby will be a year old by next week. thanks for your time and efforts

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.