Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634892 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 1F30M4(f): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
2Ballz:

Alright. This boil formation recurrency is due to Staphylococcal infection. But it will be something she will get over as she grows. However, for the now management will require your:
1) Use pain reliever such as Emzor liquid paracetamol to reduce pain and temperature.
2) Expose body to aeration.
3) Application of coconut oil may help
4) Draining the boil should be carefully to avoid spreading of agent into deeper tissues.
5) Continue with the Ampiclox neonate oral drops.
6) See doctor soon as this corona virus situation comes down a bit for proper care and support.

Thank you sooo much Doctor, we really do appreciate. Just got off the line with my friend and she told me that the boils at the back of lo's neck finally bursted on its own. Meanwhile, I did a bit of research on it during leisure time today. Just as you diagnosed, it has something to do with a bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus). It is a skin abcess, the fact that the furuncles(boils) moves from one part to another is the annoying part. It is only when the boils move to lo's head that we can drain it out otherwise it keeps moving from one part to another part of her torso.

Number 1, we ensure that she's given pain reliever once she's in pain or running high temperature. Number 2 eh, lo has even caught cold (cough and catarrh) as a result of that sef, they just got Vitamin C drops for her. We'll definitely try number 3, we're always careful of number 4. Number 5, she's already taken 2 bottles of it yet no good result, I was able to speak with another friend of mine who is a nurse she suggested we go for cefuroxime since she's 4months+ what do you think doctor, 2.5mls okay for 5days? Sure we'll see a doctor as soon as the pandemic blows over. Thanks once again, God bless you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2020
1F30M4:

Thank you sooo much Doctor, we really do appreciate. Just got off the line with my friend and she told me that the boils at the back of lo's neck finally bursted on its own. Meanwhile, I did a bit of research on it during leisure time today. Just as you diagnosed, it has something to do with a bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus). It is a skin abcess, the fact that the furuncles(boils) moves from one part to another is the annoying part. It is only when the boils move to lo's head that we can drain it out otherwise it keeps moving from one part to another part of her torso.

Number 1, we ensure that she's given pain reliever once she's in pain or running high temperature. Number 2 eh, lo has even caught cold (cough and catarrh) as a result of that sef, they just got Vitamin C drops for her. We'll definitely try number 3, we're always careful of number 4. Number 5, she's already taken 2 bottles of it yet no good result, I was able to speak with another friend of mine who is a nurse she suggested we go for cefuroxime since she's 4months+ what do you think doctor, 2.5mls okay for 5days? Sure we'll see a doctor as soon as the pandemic blows over. Thanks once again, God bless you

The boils actually should be allowed to burst on their own. The reason for draining becomes necessary if it is causing unbearable pains and sleep disturbances. Like I said before, this will be a child in the nearest future you all will watch with smile watching him less disturbed by boils as she grows. This will only be possible if you stay continuously on management for the now.
For the cough and cold, it will also pass being as a result of low down on functional immunity, stress or organic. The Cefuroxime is okay,other things remain equal. As for the coconut oil, make it yourself from the fruit. Go and get this homeopathic product, Visita Plus. Get the made coconut oil and press in some volume(not much) of Visita plus in to the container having the oil. Mix thoroughly and apply daily as a pomade on her skin, report back to me in one week.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Integrator1: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

The boils actually should be allowed to burst on their own. The reason for draining becomes necessary if it is causing unbearable pains and sleep disturbances. Like I said before, this will be a child in the nearest future you all will watch with smile watching him less disturbed by boils as she grows. This will only be possible if you stay continuously on management for the now.
For the cough and cold, it will also pass being as a result of low down on functional immunity, stress or organic. The Cefuroxime is okay,other things remain equal. As for the coconut oil, make it yourself from the fruit. Go and get this homeopathic product, Visita Plus. Get the made coconut oil and press in some volume(not much) of Visita plus in to the container having the oil. Mix thoroughly and apply daily as a pomade on her skin, report back to me in one week.

Good morning Doc, thanks for the great work you are doing in here.
Male
Please Doc, I started recently noticing a discoloration on my thigh , flattened , no pain or itching .. image attached below .. please what can be the cause and solution to this ?

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 1F30M4(f): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

I can't thank you enough Doctor.. Your kind is rare, we need more of you in this world. I will, thank you

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by molybdenum0012: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

So being said, I think you and I would have to wait for your doctor's next plan of action. During this time you may seek to have him tell you how to manage your discomfort. Notwithstanding, you can make available your lab's for me to crush over on.

Good day Doctor,

The result of my lab test is attached below, kindly look into it. Now, I have completed the treatment prescribed for malaria and typhoid. I still feel pains around the lower, left part of my stomach even as I type this. Still feel a bit unwell and dizzy.
I have not done the stomach scan yet.

Thank you again for you time.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by amSteph(f): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hello doctor. Good afternoon.Thank you for all you do. I also have the issue of recurring boil on my now 16months old. Here's a little history in case it helps somehow. Its a long read.

I've never had any skin problems with my son since he was born aside the minor diaper rash every now and then.

I got a help when he was 6months old and shortly after her arrival, he developed a very stubborn rash around his neck that refused to leave. I thought it to be drool rash since he drooled a lot then which I attributed to teething (however he didnt get his first tooth till13month old), but it never left no matter what I tried. I also noticed a similar rash on the neck of my help and began limiting her contact with LO while also treating hers which she insisted was just heat rash. Due to some behavioural characteristics, I let go of my help after about 3months and only then did my LO's rash eventually fade out completely.

I recently got another help this January and since her arrival, I've battled with a lot of recurring skin problems with LO from mosquito-like rashes that appear in groups of 4-7 at a time to his first boil ever on the right side of his forehead. Took him to the hospital and the didn't feel bothered about the boil being that its just one and not big. He was given Erythromycin for the mosquito-like rashes which they said was skin infection and enquired about his drinking water which is the same his had since he was an infant.

I let the boil mature while applying warm compress during his baths. I gave him paracetamol on days his seemed in great discomfort and weepy. It eventually opened but didn't drain completely. On the 2nd day after first rupture, I drained it out by pressing out the pus while observing high sterile mannerisms to avoid infecting any other part of his skin. It eventually dried and healed. My joy was short-lived as a 2nd appeared on his head. I felt the slight bump while washing his hair during a bath(he has full head of hair). It later matured as well and this drained completely on its own. I didn't need to press it. Then another 2 bumps appeared(one on the left side of his head and another at the middle of his forehead) I noticed these bumps to be the beginnings of another boil. I took him to the pharmacy and he was given ampiclox at 5mls for 5daysprescription. The boils never matured but instead dried up and disappeared. This was on 16-20th march, 2020.

Yesterday, I noticed another 2 bumps; one on his forehead and another on the back of his right palm(first one outside the head region). Am just tired and frustrated of this recurrence.

PS: In February, I asked my help to try on some clothes, and I noticed the multitude of eczema on her back. I've been treating her with ketokonazole tab and cream since then but its not bulging. The pharmacist said BACK eczema are often stubborn and take a long time to treat.

What do I do about the recurring boils? Should I give him ampiclox again to dry it up now? How do I stop this recurrence? His so playful now with only 4teeth so far(2 up and 2down). He hasn't started school either, so is always home.

Thank you for your patience in reading this. I'll look out for your response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good evening Dr. Please can you recommend foods rich in iron or iron supplements that can help prevent iron deficiency? Thank you sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Good evening Dr. Please can you recommend foods rich in iron or iron supplements that can help prevent iron deficiency? Thank you sir
Food rich in iron common in the market for as little as your pocket can carry are: liver, red meat, soyabean, egg, watermelon ,shrimps etc. You may use the drug store to have any homely prepared haematinics. Caution should be entertained when using these supplements to avoid any sign and symptoms coming with Iron overload.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

Food rich in iron common in the market for as little as your pocket can carry are: liver, red meat, soyabean, egg, watermelon ,shrimps etc. You may use the drug store to have any homely prepared haematinics. Caution should be entertained when using these supplements to avoid any sign and symptoms coming with Iron overload.
Ok Doc thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hi sir,

Had mild fever, weakness of the body and some joint pains as it seemed the usual malaria symptoms. I took clartem and didn't completely feel better, took another anti mal( blue in color 3tabs/day) yet still having slight fever, weakness and headache.

What can I do? Can the parasite over power these drugs?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Hi sir,

Had mild fever, weakness of the body and some joint pains as it seemed the usual malaria symptoms. I took clartem and didn't completely feel better, took another anti mal( blue in color 3tabs/day) yet still having slight fever, weakness and headache.

What can I do? Can the parasite over power these drugs?
How long were you supposed to be in treatment?

Instead of giving description of your drugs in color, I would you meet again with drug dispenser to have the name of the drug,and send to me.

How long have you stopped using the drug before presenting this complaint?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Good day Doctor,

The result of my lab test is attached below, kindly look into it. Now, I have completed the treatment prescribed for malaria and typhoid. I still feel pains around the lower, left part of my stomach even as I type this. Still feel a bit unwell and dizzy.
I have not done the stomach scan yet.

Thank you again for you time.
How long were you in treatment? Can I know the drugs you have used so far on it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

How long were you supposed to be in treatment?

Instead of giving description of your drugs in color, I would you meet again with drug dispenser to have the name of the drug,and send to me.
it was 3/day for three days. P -Alaxin after I took the act clartem
Stopped the drugs two days ago
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
amSteph:
Hello doctor. Good afternoon.Thank you for all you do. I also have the issue of recurring boil on my now 16months old. Here's a little history in case it helps somehow. Its a long read.

I've never had any skin problems with my son since he was born aside the minor diaper rash every now and then.

I got a help when he was 6months old and shortly after her arrival, he developed a very stubborn rash around his neck that refused to leave. I thought it to be drool rash since he drooled a lot then which I attributed to teething (however he didnt get his first tooth till13month old), but it never left no matter what I tried. I also noticed a similar rash on the neck of my help and began limiting her contact with LO while also treating hers which she insisted was just heat rash. Due to some behavioural characteristics, I let go of my help after about 3months and only then did my LO's rash eventually fade out completely.

I recently got another help this January and since her arrival, I've battled with a lot of recurring skin problems with LO from mosquito-like rashes that appear in groups of 4-7 at a time to his first boil ever on the right side of his forehead. Took him to the hospital and the didn't feel bothered about the boil being that its just one and not big. He was given Erythromycin for the mosquito-like rashes which they said was skin infection and enquired about his drinking water which is the same his had since he was an infant.

I let the boil mature while applying warm compress during his baths. I gave him paracetamol on days his seemed in great discomfort and weepy. It eventually opened but didn't drain completely. On the 2nd day after first rupture, I drained it out by pressing out the pus while observing high sterile mannerisms to avoid infecting any other part of his skin. It eventually dried and healed. My joy was short-lived as a 2nd appeared on his head. I felt the slight bump while washing his hair during a bath(he has full head of hair). It later matured as well and this drained completely on its own. I didn't need to press it. Then another 2 bumps appeared(one on the left side of his head and another at the middle of his forehead) I noticed these bumps to be the beginnings of another boil. I took him to the pharmacy and he was given ampiclox at 5mls for 5daysprescription. The boils never matured but instead dried up and disappeared. This was on 16-20th march, 2020.

Yesterday, I noticed another 2 bumps; one on his forehead and another on the back of his right palm(first one outside the head region). Am just tired and frustrated of this recurrence.

PS: In February, I asked my help to try on some clothes, and I noticed the multitude of eczema on her back. I've been treating her with ketokonazole tab and cream since then but its not bulging. The pharmacist said BACK eczema are often stubborn and take a long time to treat.

What do I do about the recurring boils? Should I give him ampiclox again to dry it up now? How do I stop this recurrence? His so playful now with only 4teeth so far(2 up and 2down). He hasn't started school either, so is always home.

Thank you for your patience in reading this. I'll look out for your response.
Does this baby sweat a lot?
Do you observe if she has any sore anywhere from the hands carrying him/her when you're not around?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
it was 3/day for three days. P -Alaxin after I took the act clartem
Stopped the drugs two days ago
I don't understand... Are you in anyway writing your duration of treatment was 3day for the Clartem?
Also, was it laboratory that confirm your having the female anopheles parasite responsible for it, or you are treating by syndromic measures?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by molybdenum0012: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

How long were you in treatment? Can I know the drugs you have used so far on it?

I started treatment on Monday and ended on Friday, yesterday. The drugs are: CIPROFLOXACIN CAPLET 500MG AND SULFADOXINE+PYRIMETHAMINE. 500/25mg.
And also got 3 injections for 3 days. The whole treatment lasted for 5 days. Prior to that, I have had nurse treated me for typhoid at home by given me drips and other treatment.

I must also say that about two weeks before I went to the hospital, I had used Cefuroxime axetil 500mg for a week and got better only for a week.
After which I felt sick again, treated by the nurse mentioned above and finally went to the hospital. .

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

I don't understand... Are you in anyway writing your duration of treatment was 3day for the Clartem?
Also, was it laboratory that confirm your having the female anopheles parasite responsible for it, or you are treating by syndromic measures?
I
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

I took the clartem for three days. Thereafter took the p-alaxin for another three days.

Still feeling the slight symptoms. I didn't do any test. Have had mosquito bites lately and feel it is malaria. Little exercise I sweat like water was poured on me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by amSteph(f): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

Does this baby sweat a lot?
Do you observe if she has any sore anywhere from the hands carrying him/her when you're not around?

No doctor. He doesn't sweat a lot. He wears light clothing during this heat period. Just singlet and shorts.

No, she doesn't have any sores. Haven't noticed any.

What do you suggest? I noticed this evening that the slight bump is developing. Its a little more raised than it was this morning. So I guess the boil is gradually developing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
Integrator1:

Good morning Doc, thanks for the great work you are doing in here.
Male
Please Doc, I started recently noticing a discoloration on my thigh , flattened , no pain or itching .. image attached below .. please what can be the cause and solution to this ?
It is a superficial fungal infection - Tinea versicolor. It could be stubborn to let go but with patient treatment and feeling less disturbed, it will go off. Use a Clotrimazole cream for 3weeks. Whether it is still there or not after this duration,don't bother it. Maintain proper hygiene and care for yourself. It will just go off on it own.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
molybdenum0012:

I started treatment on Monday and ended on Friday, yesterday. The drugs are: CIPROFLOXACIN CAPLET 500MG AND SULFADOXINE+PYRIMETHAMINE. 500/25mg.
And also got 3 injections for 3 days. The whole treatment lasted for 5 days. Prior to that, I have had nurse treated me for typhoid at home by given me drips and other treatment.

I must also say that about two weeks before I went to the hospital, I had used Cefuroxime axetil 500mg for a week and got better only for a week.
After which I felt sick again, treated by the nurse mentioned above and finally went to the hospital. .
I am sorry if I appear too tasking, but I would obliged a present lab work done again, just like the one you presented some posts away. This is for me to know if the level of your white blood cells have levelled functionally relative to both your neutrophils and lymphocytes. Thus, causing both of us to know if your Typhoid fever has improved or not. In addition to that, have the laboratory conduct a test for the malaria parasite too.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
amSteph:

No doctor. He doesn't sweat a lot. He wears light clothing during this heat period. Just singlet and shorts.

No, she doesn't have any sores. Haven't noticed any.

What do you suggest? I noticed this evening that the slight bump is developing. Its a little more raised than it was this morning. So I guess the boil is gradually developing.

Okay. This may be of help to you.
1) Your baby should have more than one towel. This will reduce the spurt of recurrence.
2) If you choose to drain the push yourself, apply methylated spirit or refined alcohol (dry gin) on a cotton and cleansed around the region of drainage to avoid spreading of the boil.
3) You may need to learn some personal hygiene like always watching your hands before doing anything with baby's body.
4) Grind onions and garlic together. Apply mixture on burst boil for some days. It helps to prevent spread of boils. This native preparation is a helpful trial for some kids. Just try!
5) Don't forget also, Medicate Powder on the face and body to dry the skin can be of help.
6) If you insist on using an antibiotic cream, you try that Visita Plus. Application should be done at most twice in a day,with 3-4days in a week.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
I took the clartem for three days. Thereafter took the p-alaxin for another three days.

Still feeling the slight symptoms. I didn't do any test. Have had mosquito bites lately and feel it is malaria. Little exercise I sweat like water was poured on me
Please have a test done for both Malaria and typhoid fever agents. When this is done, Post it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
2Ballz:

Please have a test done for both Malaria and typhoid fever agents. When this is done, Post it.
OK will do that on Monday
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
OK will do that on Monday
I could be tasking somehow, just don't over look it. It's still for my own good you know.

Thanks for bearing with me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Qasak(m): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2020
2Ballz:

Go and do the fecal analysis for larvae of pinworms or the worms itself with unintending bacterial loads. You may also need to do a white blood cell count with its differentials.

Good morning doctor I did the stool test and it said no blood , cyst trophozoite or adult parasite seen.
Also I did sperm count test it result was
Viscosity high
Color greyish - cream
Ph 7.0
Active 68%
Sluggish 15%
Dead 7%
Viable form 70%
Abnormal 30%
Semen count 41.6 * 10(6)/ mill
Pus cells 4-5
Epith cells 1-2
Culture yielded growth of staphylococcus aureus.
I am taking the sensitive drugs but I still have the mucus discharge . Please sir my question is if the discharge I am having is std related .
thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by monique34: 10:11am On Mar 29, 2020
please doctor how do I treat constant body itching especially on my armpit, laps, breast. it forms like a rash with pus in some when I press it. thought it was scabies and I took ivermectin and benzyl but its not scabies. my mum said it can be excess sugar in the blood but am just 21 years old. please what test can I run and medications
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2020
Good morning Doc. I went to see a doctor at the hospital like you advised. I told him my problems like the cold, phlegm and cough (dry cough) I've been having. Plus I also noticed some things under my jaw which he said was lymph nodes tho he didn't tell me what infection might have triggered it and also itching around my face most notably my mouth tho I couldn't scratch may be it was internal(it happened just once) He prescribed cefixime, coartem, vitamin b co and loratidine by havid for me and I've been taking without skipping. I woke up today with itching around my neck (I couldn't scratch) plus a lil bit of peppery sensation around my neck and private part. Idk why
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:16am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Battleground:
Doc good afternoon. Hope you're doing well. Pls I am here for my sis. She did Hep B and C test 7 weeks that is exactly 50 days after an exposure and both came out non reactive. It's been more than two months now so she went to a teaching hospital and told the doctor to recommend the test for her but the doctor refused. She's a little bit worried as she wanted to do it to free her mind. When she did it 7 weeks after her exposure she was on antimalarial and antibiotics and she thinks drugs can interfere with the result. Now she's not on any drug she wants to do it again but she can't go to a private laboratory because of high cost. I am worried for her because someone here said he sometimes test negative and positive for the virus. What is your humble advice sir?

If her worries has to do with those drugs interfering with the HBV test, then she should wait some week(s) more to have a redo... Testing both reactive and non-reactive is more about the testing modulation,time test was done and error.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Good morning Doc. I went to see a doctor at the hospital like you advised. I told him my problems like the cold, phlegm and cough (dry cough) I've been having. Plus I also noticed some things under my jaw which he said was lymph nodes tho he didn't tell me what infection might have triggered it and also itching around my face most notably my mouth tho I couldn't scratch may be it was internal(it happened just once) He prescribed cefixime, coartem, vitamin b co and loratidine by havid for me and I've been taking without skipping. I woke up today with itching around my neck (I couldn't scratch) plus a lil bit of peppery sensation around my neck and private part. Idk why
Are you still having these symptoms?

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.