Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634909 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lawsaite: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
YourhealthNG2:

It appears you have a case of suspected COVID-19, but only a proper test can confirm the diagnosis.

You should know already that if it's Covid-19, there is no known cure, but there things you can do to help your body fight off the virus, including:

1. Enough rest
2. Eat healthy meals, with daily fruits and vegetables
3. Take enough fluids, especially water
4. Take paracetamol tablets for the pains
5. Take vitamin D (or cod liver oil) capsules 1 daily
6. Take zinc sulfate tablets daily
8. Take multivitamin capsules daily

Very importantly, consider self isolation to avoid spreading the disease

I've already started taking some instructions you listed sir. Thank you sir.
Currently sir I just have the frequent pain somewhere in my nose while breathing. I am feeling quite well. No headache or fever yesterday and today.
I still haven't gotten my sense of taste and smell tho. Somehow im still able to taste salt.
Also I live in Enugu and the cases here haven't been on the rise.
Is there any slightest possibility of my ailment resulting from my just treated supposed malaria?

Also I had changed malaria drugs.
I had stopped a malaria treatment previously, but then continued with the remaining drug when I took Ill recently. I was told by the chemist that I had abused the initial malaria drug so he gave me another one with a different composition I think.
It was a day after I took it that I lost my senses. Does this in any way matter?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lawsaite:

I've already started taking some instructions you listed sir. Thank you sir.
Currently sir I just have the frequent pain somewhere in my nose while breathing. I am feeling quite well. No headache or fever yesterday and today.
I still haven't gotten my sense of taste and smell tho. Somehow im still able to taste salt.
Also I live in Enugu and the cases here haven't been on the rise.
Is there any slightest possibility of my ailment resulting from my just treated supposed malaria?

Also I had changed malaria drugs.
I had stopped a malaria treatment previously, but then continued with the remaining drug when I took Ill recently. I was told by the chemist that I had abused the initial malaria drug so he gave me another one with a different composition I think.
It was a day after I took it that I lost my senses. Does this in any way matter?
OK. Like I said earlier, you have suspected COVID-19, but a mild form it. The disease is spreading rapidly all over Nigeria. There is no need to continue repeating antimalarial drugs.

Relax, you'll be fine. Your sense of smell and taste will return.
However, try to isolate as much as possible to avoid spreading the disease.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Doc, my wife has been placed on Parlodel 2.5mg twice daily for 30days and this is her 9th day. I noticed she always complains of tiredness,and hunger, after the pill intake. Are there side effects of this pill? Is the twice daily prescription on track?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Efinee(m): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
Admist this covid-19 period,

Which idea or innovation can one use to improve the healthcare sector
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 3:51am On Jul 11, 2020
Hello Doc, Sometimes when I try to pass a hard stool I notice a kinda semen like discharge pls what should I do I'm 23.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 3:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Dfynboi:
gud morning doctors in d house.pls help! am having dis discharge from my di*k,it jst like normal sperm bt is nt dt thick,i do feel like am cumming each time it starts(ejaculation),atimes i will wake up wet,do i need to be worried??help cus am loosing it
pls can you message me I also have frequent wet dreams too,it's worrisome as I've lost a bit of weight.I just hope I find a solution
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Mofetemi:
Doc, my wife has been placed on Parlodel 2.5mg twice daily for 30days and this is her 9th day. I noticed she always complains of tiredness,and hunger, after the pill intake. Are there side effects of this pill? Is the twice daily prescription on track?
Yes, parlodel may cause those side effects.
The dosage is usually individuallised and may be adjusted as treatment progresses until the desired goal is achieved.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2020
gbenga4sure:

pls can you message me I also have frequent wet dreams too,it's worrisome as I've lost a bit of weight.I just hope I find a solution
Wet dreams are completely normal. Nothing to worry about
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2020
gbenga4sure:
Hello Doc, Sometimes when I try to pass a hard stool I notice a kinda semen like discharge pls what should I do I'm 23.
If you no other symptoms (such as pain in your anus, difficulty in passing stool, passage of blood in stool, sores/wound/swelling around the anus, fever), then you have to make your stool softer by taking daily fruits and vegetables and drinking adequate water. However, if you have any of the above symptoms, then you may have to consult your doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2020
YourhealthNG2:

If you no other symptoms (such as pain in your anus, difficulty in passing stool, passage of blood in stool, sores/wound/swelling around the anus, fever), then you have to make your stool softer by taking daily fruits and vegetables and drinking adequate water. However, if you have any of the above symptoms, then you may have to consult your doctor.
Alright thanks sir,I really appreciate
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
YourhealthNG2:

Yes, parlodel may cause those side effects.
The dosage is usually individuallised and may be adjusted as treatment progresses until the desired goal is achieved.

Thanks. One more thing, during hormonal imbalance treatment, is sex prohibited?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by quasarJose: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
@YourhealthNG2
I have this persistent headache for over a week that has refused to go. I have used anti-malaria drugs and paracetamol to no avail.
As soon as I wake up, my head starts pounding. What can I do about it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
No, lack of sex doesn’t cause abnormal hormones. Abnormal hormones can however cause reduced libido.
There are numerous causes of hormonal imbalances depending on which ones you are referring to. Maybe you should post a picture of the hormone profile you mentioned with the reason for doing it

This is the hormonal profile test result that made her to be placed on Parlodel. From the comment, everything is normal to me. I am equally asking, can Palodel usage make one to be prohibited from having sex?

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Joshua62: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
QUOFLUX -500 belongs to CIPROFLAXIN group of drugs (as this was what was on the tablet case)
Anytime i use this drug...the heart burn increases likewise slight abdominal pains. I had to stop using the drugs. Those CIPRO cause such effects?....
2Ballz:

I am not too familiar with this trade name, "Quoflux".
You will help me to identify this drug by presenting:
1) the real pharmaceutical name or
2) the ingredient(s) consisting this drug.

With this I am good enough to say something about the presenting complaint.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Mofetemi:

This is the hormonal profile test result that made her to be placed on Parlodel. From the comment, everything is normal to me. I am equally asking, can Palodel usage make one to be prohibited from having sex?

Hi,
Biochemically, your wife’s hormonal test look fine. Was she having any nipple discharge before been started on this medication?
The medication shouldn’t normally prohibit sex, dopamine (palodel) is actually linked with the reward system which means theoretically your wife should be feeling like having more sex.
Saying that, it is impossible to totally rule out medication as a cause of her symptoms due to unknown anticholinergic activities of the medications. There are other reasons for loss of libido ranging from urogynaecology to psychosexual. You will need to follow up with your Doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by iwinnie(f): 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
good evening doctors and everyone in the house.
I just passed my edd which was july 4,7th
ive been going for weekly checkups since one month now(every Saturday)
last week I went for antenal and BP was 150/90 so I was given drugs and asked to return on Monday for inducement, I didn't go because I wanted it to come down well.
Today I went for antenatal again and the BP went down (thank God)
The Bp today is 140/90.
So after the MD check me he say base on
1.) my previous history of pre- emclampsia( still birth)
2.) Edd has passed so he said he's booking me for CS
please I need opinion or suggestion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
iwinnie:
good evening doctors and everyone in the house.
I just passed my edd which was july 4,7th
ive been going for weekly checkups since one month now(every Saturday)
last week I went for antenal and BP was 150/90 so I was given drugs and asked to return on Monday for inducement, I didn't go because I wanted it to come down well.
Today I went for antenatal again and the BP went down (thank God)
The Bp today is 140/90.
So after the MD check me he say base on
1.) my previous history of pre- emclampsia( still birth)
2.) Edd has passed so he said he's booking me for CS
please I need opinion or suggestion

Hi,
Your BP increases your risk of pre-eclampsia. Are you having symptoms like headaches?, vomiting? Abdo pain?. .
I agree with your Doctor regarding need for CS, A post date baby will cause you more problems via vagina birth
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by iwinnie(f): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi,
Your BP increases your risk of pre-eclampsia. Are you having symptoms like headaches?, vomiting? Abdo pain?. .
I agree with your Doctor regarding need for CS, A post date baby will cause you more problems via vagina birth

okay, thank you ma
i dont have the above symptoms ma
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi,
Biochemically, your wife’s hormonal test look fine. Was she having any nipple discharge before been started on this medication?
The medication shouldn’t normally prohibit sex, dopamine (palodel) is actually linked with the reward system which means theoretically your wife should be feeling like having more sex.
Saying that, it is impossible to totally rule out medication as a cause of her symptoms due to unknown anticholinergic activities of the medications. There are other reasons for loss of libido ranging from urogynaecology to psychosexual. You will need to follow up with your Doctor
Yes, she was having nipples discharge (she is not pregnant nor lactating) and she said that was why the doc prescibed parlodel to her to use for 30days after showing the doc this same result i attached. My question is this: since the hormonal profile test showed normalcy, then what could have been the cause of the nipples discharge in the first place?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Mofetemi:

Yes, she was having nipples discharge (she is not pregnant nor lactating) and she said that was why the doc prescibed parlodel to her to use for 30days after showing the doc this same result i attached. My question is this: since the hormonal profile test showed normalcy, then what could have been the cause of the nipples discharge in the first place?

Hi
With Nipple discharge, it is important to differentiate the pathological from the physiological.
Worrying signs for nipple discharges include 1) unilateral symptoms. 2) Abnormal non white discharge. 3) Breast changes. 4) vision changes 5) Heaaches.
You said your wife isn’t pregnant and not lactating, does lactating mean not breastfeeding or breast stimulation in this context?. Bilateral white nipple discharge is normal sometimes during periods.
Is your wife on any other regular medications?. Things like antipsychotics etc can also cause nipple discharge. Stress also possible.
In saying this, sometimes there is no cause found for nipple discharge but patients will be under surveillance for possible prolactinoma
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
With Nipple discharge, it is important to differentiate the pathological from the physiological.
Worrying signs for nipple discharges include 1) unilateral symptoms. 2) Abnormal non white discharge. 3) Breast changes. 4) vision changes 5) Heaaches.
You said your wife isn’t pregnant and not lactating, does lactating mean not breastfeeding or breast stimulation in this context?. Bilateral white nipple discharge is normal sometimes during periods.
Is your wife on any other regular medications?. Things like antipsychotics etc can also cause nipple discharge. Stress also possible.
In saying this, sometimes there is no cause found for nipple discharge but patients will be under surveillance for possible prolactinoma

By not lactating, i meant not breastfeeding. Though she said with the Parlodel, the water diacharge seems to be reducing and drying up a bit as today is her 10th day. She is 41years and this is my first time of hearing her complain of nipples discharge from craddle of period or no period. She is not on any other drug aside Parlodel. Before the hormonal profile test, she had done breasts scans and everything was normal. I think as per stress, she stresses herself up unnecessarily and i think Parlodel is doing that job of making her weak and sleep more often now. Due to my job nature, i have been away from her for over 12months now until 4days that i came around to meet all these scenarios. So based on the hormonal result i attached and she saying her doc said no sex during the Parlodel usage made me to realize this could her way of punishing me o or something
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
Mofetemi:

By not lactating, i meant not breastfeeding. Though she said with the Parlodel, the water diacharge seems to be reducing and drying up a bit as today is her 10th day. She is 41years and this is my first time of hearing her complain of nipples discharge from craddle of period or no period. She is not on any other drug aside Parlodel. Before the hormonal profile test, she had done breasts scans and everything was normal. I think as per stress, she stresses herself up unnecessarily and i think Parlodel is doing that job of making her weak and sleep more often now. Due to my job nature, i have been away from her for over 12months now until 4days that i came around to meet all these scenarios.

Hi
She needs an MRI brain, if fine then her symptoms are stress related. If she continues with parlodel for a while, she will need regular monitoring via CXR etc due to side effects of this medication. Stress management and non medical symptom control will play a big role
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
She needs an MRI brain, if fine then her symptoms are stress related. If she continues with parlodel for a while, she will need regular monitoring via CXR etc due to side effects of this medication. Stress management and non medical symptom control will play a big role

What did you mean by non medical symptom
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
quasarJose:
@YourhealthNG2
I have this persistent headache for over a week that has refused to go. I have used anti-malaria drugs and paracetamol to no avail.
As soon as I wake up, my head starts pounding. What can I do about it?
Do you also have any of these symptoms:

- fever?
- chills?
- cough? If yes, is it dry or do you cough up something (mucus, blood)?
- diarrhoea or constipation?
- abdominal pain?
- difficulty in breathing?
- sore throat?
- catarrh?
- tiredness?

Your yes or no answer to the above questions may give us a clue
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by quasarJose: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
YourhealthNG2:

Do you also have any of these symptoms:

- fever?
- chills?
- cough? If yes, is it dry or do you cough up something (mucus, blood)?
- diarrhoea or constipation?
- abdominal pain?
- difficulty in breathing?
- sore throat?
- catarrh?
- tiredness?

Your yes or no answer to the above questions may give us a clue

None
Just the headache
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
quasarJose:

None
Just the headache
OK.
Do you sleep well at night?
Have you been stressed out of late?
Is the headache felt on one side of your head only?
Do you feed well, I mean 3 square meals?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by quasarJose: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
YourhealthNG2:

OK.
Do you sleep well at night?
Have you been stressed out of late?
Is the headache felt on one side of your head only?
Do you feed well, I mean 3 square meals?

Yes I sleep well
No. Not stressed at all. I am well relaxed.

Yes. The front part of my head.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by YourhealthNG2(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
quasarJose:

Yes I sleep well
No. Not stressed at all. I am well relaxed.

Yes. The front part of my head.
You may have what we call tension headaches.
Try aceclofenac plus paracetamol 1 tablet morning and night for 7 days. Take it with meals.
Plus Neurovite forte 1 capsule daily for 2 weeks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
Mofetemi:

What do you mean by non medical symptoms control

Like avoiding squeezing her breasts. Wearing clothes that are too tight on the breasts. Wearing more absorbent bras, counselling regarding stress management..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aishatab(f): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hi doc, I put to bed 2weeks ago and I notice my baby head was not properly clean. it was slippery and gummy and her cap was having brown stain. I complain to the nurse that bath her the next day and she said it will clean, but it was the same after she bath her, later that day I notice that her hair as gum to her head, I complained again I was told when I put water it will loose and I was discharged. when I got home I take my time to wash and combe her hair that day and it was ok just that there is this odour that refuse to go, from her head to her neck which smells bad, I know is due to that first cleaning. please doc what can I do I don't want my baby to have body odour.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Like avoiding squeezing her breasts. Wearing clothes that are too tight on the breasts. Wearing more absorbent bras, counselling regarding stress management..

Thank you so much for the professional responses so far. But why MRI brain? The Parlodel is for 30days, thus, will she be doing CXR within these 30days? Apart from appetite to eat, tiredness, what other side effects does Parlodel have? Moreso, the nipples discharge does not come out on its own rather it is when she squeezes the breasts. Besides, if she does not squeeze the breasts, how will know if the parlodel is working as she squeezes to know the pills efficacy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
aishatab:
Hi doc, I put to bed 2weeks ago and I notice my baby head was not properly clean. it was slippery and gummy and her cap was having brown stain. I complain to the nurse that bath her the next day and she said it will clean, but it was the same after she bath her, later that day I notice that her hair as gum to her head, I complained again I was told when I put water it will loose and I was discharged. when I got home I take my time to wash and combe her hair that day and it was ok just that there is this odour that refuse to go, from her head to her neck which smells bad, I know is due to that first cleaning. please doc what can I do I don't want my baby to have body odour.

Hi,
I suspect your baby has what is called cradle cap which is normal. Does the skin feel flaky?. It is rare to have infected cradle cap. You can use olive oil on the scalp or alternatively try sudocream.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.