Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634248 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
forzarush:
Good evening ma'am/Sir. I had recurrent body/joint/muscle pain last year and later had a piercing pain in my right chest and after several diagnoses and investigations I was finally diagnosed and treated for Angina. I also developed painful abscesses/lumps (without mucus in them,just blood) on my butt cheeks and was referred to the SOPD for probable surgery which didn't happen as the abscesses. started dissolving. I still have a. little left.
Recently,I've been battling with the pains again and diagnosis is tending towards Fibromyalgia. The pain is often terrible,keeps me up in tears , makes it hard to sleep and distrupts my productivity. I need help please!

Hi
You are describing multiple symptoms which can’t be linked together. Which pain are you feeling at the moment? Is it your angina pain? Rectal pain?
Fibromyalgia is not a diagnosis that is easily done. It might even be difficult to differentiate from chronic fatigue syndrome/polymyalgia rheumatica/depressive illness or chronic pain due to other diagnosis.
Who gave you the diagnosis of fibromyalgia?. If you have been diagnosed with it, then the doctor should have given you management for the condition.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Frezhkid10(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
2Ballz:

Can you post your laboratory report now?
Did you screen for low or high blood glucose concentration too?
..hi..good afternoon..this are my lab report..now I feel very weak on my right arm and legs..my vision is still somehow..looks asif my right eye lips are not opening fully..i now have tinnitus occurs when am alone in the room and everywhere is quiet..suddenly losing weight for no just reasons..
Visited luth and they gave me dec 7th consultation since I don't have a referral..just coming from general hospital igando..and the doctor is still prescribing PCM and astymin..
Whenever I want to brush my hair or abruptly look down I get this stabbing pain and my eyes becomes dizzy for a while..even when I change position abruptly..
Am just scared.my friend a physiotherapist told me I should use demanthosone for a week and see if the symptoms will come down..am day 2 on it now..
Visited a diagnostic centre to have an MRI on my brain..they told me I need to get a note from a neurologist...now luth gave me dec 7th for consultation ooo..without even looking at me....
Please I need solution to this

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Campd: 12:51am On Oct 31, 2020
Good evening Doc.. Pls Sir, I have this problem with my lower abdomen when I eat, it get bloated and feel discomfort. I did a CT abdominal scan only had Enlarged lymphnode.. I have been suffering this for the past 7 months now.. Pls Sir what do I do..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2020
Campd:
Good evening Doc.. Pls Sir, I have this problem with my lower abdomen when I eat, it get bloated and feel discomfort. I did a CT abdominal scan only had Enlarged lymphnode.. I have been suffering this for the past 7 months now.. Pls Sir what do I do..

Hi
Kindly post the CT scan interpretation report. Lymph node enlargement on radiology scan is non specific finding. Have you had any bloods or any other investigations done?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by forzarush(f): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=AmbulatoryMedic post=95481457]

Hi
The pain I'm feeling presently is body aches all over but prominent in my shoulders and back,arms, wrists and pain in the butt cheeks. Occasional stabbing pain in my right chest.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2020
Pls, dermatologist in the house.Please what rash is this.My neighbors has it and it's been reoccurring.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Topeayan1: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all, Please help me Doctor in the House

In my 300level i stayed with fearful University Professor. I lost her home Key and she gave me ultimatum of 3days to look for the key. I was looking for the key in anxiety and fearful ditto sleepless. After 3days i got the key . The next day i began to misbehave and i was taken to hospital in which i was diagnosed for mental disorder. I had chronic sleeplessness too that time .To the glory of God i was healed but place on drugs daily (largatin,Risnia and Nitrazepam). Two two dosages each then until it was reduced to half a risnia and nitrazepam now after 8years. The Doctor died last week . Please am ok now . I want to stop the drugs. Am scared about the effects of Nitrazepam have been reading 3days ago
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Topeayan1:
Happy Sunday to you all, Please help me Doctor in the House

In my 300level i stayed with fearful University Professor. I lost her home Key and she gave me ultimatum of 3days to look for the key. I was looking for the key in anxiety and fearful ditto sleepless. After 3days i got the key . The next day i began to misbehave and i was taken to hospital in which i was diagnosed for mental disorder. I had chronic sleeplessness too that time .To the glory of God i was healed but place on drugs daily (largatin,Risnia and Nitrazepam). Two two dosages each then until it was reduced to half a risnia and nitrazepam now after 8years. The Doctor died last week . Please am ok now . I want to stop the drugs. Am scared about the effects of Nitrazepam have been reading 3days ago

Hi
You aren’t telling the full story but I suspect you were diagnosed with psychosis and you will need to tell the actual diagnosis.
Generally, benzodiazepines (nitrazepam) needs to be withdrawn slowly if taking for a prolonged period of time due to withdrawal effects. I suggest you speak with your Doctors if you are planning to be weaned off it.
You also take risperidone which can also help with calming you down. However there is probability for relapse if you don’t take your medications and you get stressed eg anxiety, physical illness etc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
ultra100:
Pls, dermatologist in the house.Please what rash is this.My neighbors has it and it's been reoccurring.

Not a dermatologist but trained in general medicine. Where else is this rash on the body?. Is it itchy?. Does your neighbour suffer from skin conditions as a child?. Any known triggers for this?. Any changes in soaps, clothing etc?..
The pattern of the rash is suggestive of psoriasis Or even contact dermatitis
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=forzarush post=95558979][/quote]

Could be polymyalgia rheumatica. See your doctor for investigations
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Topeayan1: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
You aren’t telling the full story but I suspect you were diagnosed with psychosis and you will need to tell the actual diagnosis.
Generally, benzodiazepines (nitrazepam) needs to be withdrawn slowly if taking for a prolonged period of time due to withdrawal effects. I suggest you speak with your Doctors if you are planning to be weaned off it.
You also take risperidone which can also help with calming you down. However there is probability for relapse if you don’t take your medications and you get stressed eg anxiety, physical illness etc
i was diagnosed with psychosis that was why i said misbehave. Please should i continue with the drugs. Am scared of Nitrazepam side effects due 8years prolonged use now. Am using half of it now. Am still cool with risperidone but am scared of Nitrazepam effects Thank you sir. I don't know the name of the psychosis but i was saying rubbishes and hearing a strange voice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Frezhkid10(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Frezhkid10:
..hi..good afternoon..this are my lab report..now I feel very weak on my right arm and legs..my vision is still somehow..looks asif my right eye lips are not opening fully..i now have tinnitus occurs when am alone in the room and everywhere is quiet..suddenly losing weight for no just reasons..
Visited luth and they gave me dec 7th consultation since I don't have a referral..just coming from general hospital igando..and the doctor is still prescribing PCM and astymin..
Whenever I want to brush my hair or abruptly look down I get this stabbing pain and my eyes becomes dizzy for a while..even when I change position abruptly..
Am just scared.my friend a physiotherapist told me I should use demanthosone for a week and see if the symptoms will come down..am day 2 on it now..
Visited a diagnostic centre to have an MRI on my brain..they told me I need to get a note from a neurologist...now luth gave me dec 7th for consultation ooo..without even looking at me....
Please I need solution to this
...please I need solution...please cry cry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Not a dermatologist but trained in general medicine. Where else is this rash on the body?. Is it itchy?. Does your neighbour suffer from skin conditions as a child?. Any known triggers for this?. Any changes in soaps, clothing etc?..
The pattern of the rash is suggestive of psoriasis Or even contact dermatitis
The rash is a bit itching and is only at the neck region.pls,what can he use to clear it off
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Topeayan1:
i was diagnosed with psychosis that was why i said misbehave. Please should i continue with the drugs. Am scared of Nitrazepam side effects due 8years prolonged use now. Am using half of it now. Am still cool with risperidone but am scared of Nitrazepam effects Thank you sir. I don't know the name of the psychosis but i was saying rubbishes and hearing a strange voice

Nitrazepam can be slowly weaned off and should be done ideally by the doctor who prescribed it. It can be dangerous if not done properly as it can lead to seizures, tremors, agitation etc. As a rule of thumb you will need to reduce your tablets by half every 4 weeks until you are taking the lowest dose which you can then use for a month and then stop. Avoid drinking alcohol or any recreational drugs if you do use it..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
ultra100:

The rash is a bit itching and is only at the neck region.pls,what can he use to clear it off

You didn’t answer any of the other questions I asked. It’s good to know about the full picture, not just looking from one angle
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
Frezhkid10:
...please I need solution...please cry cry

Your symptoms could be suggestive of multiple sclerosis or some sort of demyelination. Is there a family History of such?.
You would need bloods including checking hiv serology, syphilis, hepatitis, haematinics, autoimmune profile, Lymes serology. MRI will provide evidence of diagnosis but you may also need lumbar puncture to confirm diagnosis.
I see where you physiotherapist is coming from. But you need to be careful about dexamethasone use. It is a very strong steroid which can damage the Tummy, cause brittle bones and even adrenal insufficiency if not properly weaned. You can discuss with your doctors about trying prednisolone to see if it makes any difference
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Frezhkid10(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Your symptoms could be suggestive of multiple sclerosis or some sort of demyelination. Is there a family History of such?.
You would need bloods including checking hiv serology, syphilis, hepatitis, haematinics, autoimmune profile, Lymes serology. MRI will provide evidence of diagnosis but you may also need lumbar puncture to confirm diagnosis.
I see where you physiotherapist is coming from. But you need to be careful about dexamethasone use. It is a very strong steroid which can damage the Tummy, cause brittle bones and even adrenal insufficiency if not properly weaned. You can discuss with your doctors about trying prednisolone to see if it makes any difference
...No family history of such..should I wait for the consultation date for luth or go to a private neurological hospital..??.I don't seem to know any private one self..now I feel pain along my spine, shoulders and the side of my neck..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=AmbulatoryMedic post=95566614]

Where else is this rash on the body?only at the neck region
. Is it itchy?.just a bit when he sweats
Does your neighbour suffer from skin conditions as a child?No
. Any known triggers for this?.No
Any changes in soaps, clothing etc?.. Yes,changes soap and clothes occasionally.Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sodiqapril(m): 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hello good evening, I usually feel pain in the my lower abdomen, general stomach pain, feeling like there's something in the right part of my stomach and fever.. please what' can that be?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=ultra100 post=95578669][/quote]

Sounds like contact dermatitis. He can do allergy testing to find out what it is. For his current symptoms, he can try mild steroid and use emollient as soap substitute
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thanks so much!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Sounds like contact dermatitis. He can do allergy testing to find out what it is. For his current symptoms, he can try mild steroid and use emollient as soap substitute

Thanks so much!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2020
sodiqapril:
Hello good evening, I usually feel pain in the my lower abdomen, general stomach pain, feeling like there's something in the right part of my stomach and fever.. please what' can that be?
Gender?
Age?

How long has this pain been?
What's the degree of pain?
•mild?
•moderate?
•severe?
•stabbing?

Does the onset of pain start from the:
•right?
•left?
•neighter right nor left.

Does pain worsened :
•before a meal?
•after a meal?
•during a meal?

•before urination?
•after urination?
•during urination?

•morning period?
•afternoon period?
•evening period?

How do you position your body for a relief?
Does this pain radiate halfway to the upper back?

Do you feel full immediately you start eating?
Nausea?
Vomiting?
Heartburn?
Low frequency in using the toilet?

Can you describe how the right side of your lower flank looks like?
Does it appear tendered by touch or pains are normally observed on a deep push?
Do you feel serious pains on when it is being touched?

Any history of smoking?
Any history of STI?
Any history of UTI?
Any history of any health complaints you have had for the last three months?

Any history of drugs and medications use (good or bad)?

PLEASE TRY TO ANSWER ALL QUESTION.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sodiqapril(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
2Ballz:

Gender?
Age?

How long has this pain been?
What's the degree of pain?
•mild?
•moderate?
•severe?
•stabbing?

Does the onset of pain start from the:
•right?
•left?
•neighter right nor left.

Does pain worsened :
•before a meal?
•after a meal?
•during a meal?

•before urination?
•after urination?
•during urination?

•morning period?
•afternoon period?
•evening period?

How do you position your body for a relief?
Does this pain radiate halfway to the upper back?

Do you feel full immediately you start eating?
Nausea?
Vomiting?
Heartburn?
Low frequency in using the toilet?

Can you describe how the right side of your lower flank looks like?
Does it appear tendered by touch or pains are normally observed on a deep push?
Do you feel serious pains on when it is being touched?

Any history of smoking?
Any history of STI?
Any history of UTI?
Any history of any health complaints you have had for the last three months?

Any history of drugs and medications use (good or bad)?

PLEASE TRY TO ANSWER ALL QUESTION.
Male
Like two month
Moderate
Neither right not left
None
None
Evening
Lie on back
No
No
Nausea? No
Vomiting? No
Heartburn ? Once in a while
Visits toilet at least once a day
Right side looks normal but I feel like there's something like a ball there when I lie on my back
Yes
Not really
No
No
No
Currently seeing a cardiologist for left atrial enlargement
On bisoprolol and cocodamol

Visited a doctor recently had an abdominal scan done and nothing was detected so I was directed to use antimalarial, antibiotics and deworming
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2020
sodiqapril:

Male
Like two month
Moderate

Heartburn ? Once in a while
Visits toilet at least once a day
Right side looks normal but I feel like there's something like a ball there when I lie on my back
Yes
Not really
No
No
No
Currently seeing a cardiologist for left atrial enlargement
On bisoprolol and cocodamol

Visited a doctor recently had an abdominal scan done and nothing was detected so I was directed to use antimalarial, antibiotics and deworming

If pain seemed to get worse in the evening, do you want to agree with me that it does not:

•increase with stress
•affect your daily activities
•show up with being active

Also; before the abdominal scan was done, did your doctor physically examine the region of complaint?

Was there any relief after you took treatment for malaria and the rest of it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sodiqapril(m): 7:40am On Nov 08, 2020
2Ballz:

If pain seemed to get worse in the evening, do you want to agree with me that it does not:

•increase with stress
•affect your daily activities
•show up with being active

Also; before the abdominal scan was done, did your doctor physically examine the region of complaint?

Was there any relief after you took treatment for malaria and the rest of it?

I can't really say because I don't really do anything stressful, I'm a graphic designer and a photographer.

Yeah...she felt the lower side of my stomach

It was a bit worse
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Asaolu123: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
Doctors in the help, could you please kindly interpret this lab result for me and give possible advice, thank you so much and God bless

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
Asaolu123:
Doctors in the help, could you please kindly interpret this lab result for me and give possible advice, thank you so much and God bless

Hi,
What was your reasons for doing the tests?. Blood tests can’t be interpreted without clinical details including your age and medical history. Anyway looking at the lab result it looks normal. Your ESR is probably normal for your age which is why results aren’t interpreted in isolation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Asaolu123: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi,
What was your reasons for doing the tests?. Blood tests can’t be interpreted without clinical details including your age and medical history. Anyway looking at the lab result it looks normal. Your ESR is probably normal for your age which is why results aren’t interpreted in isolation.

Alright, I noticed I have up to 2 swollen lymph node on my neck for up to 2 years now, I've done HIV test on two occasions and it was negative and it didn't reduce neither is it increasing. So I was worried about it and I went to general hospital to lodge a complaint and I was told to go for that test. I'm 25 years old
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
Asaolu123:

Alright, I noticed I have up to 2 swollen lymph node on my neck for up to 2 years now, I've done HIV test on two occasions and it was negative and it didn't reduce neither is it increasing. So I was worried about it and I went to general hospital to lodge a complaint and I was told to go for that test. I'm 25 years old

For completeness you can check EBV/CMV, TB test, ANA/ANCA. Ultrasound of the lymph nodes.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2020
sodiqapril:

I can't really say because I don't really do anything stressful, I'm a graphic designer and a photographer.

Yeah...she felt the lower side of my stomach

It was a bit worse

You may want to see another doctor to further examine the lower aspect of flank again for inflammation of your vermiforme appendix, check for herniation if any sort or review your medication once if usage has any impact linked to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.