Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634177 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pls, Doctor in the house,what can I use for this tooth ache of my child.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
ultra100:
Pls, Doctor in the house,what can I use for this tooth ache of my child.

Dental caries. See a dentist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ultra100(f): 6:10am On Nov 16, 2020
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dayveed1(m): 9:04am On Nov 17, 2020
Please I need help.
Okay I have been having this constant chest pain. I have been ignoring it because I thought it was caused by my sleeping patterns. But recently I have been feeling this emptiness in my chest like my heart is no longer there. I can't even walk properly. Please what should I do or use? Thanks

I don't Smoke.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Beninwitch: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
dayveed1:
Please I need help.
Okay I have been having this constant chest pain. I have been ignoring it because I thought it was caused by my sleeping patterns. But recently I have been feeling this emptiness in my chest like my heart is no longer there. I can't even walk properly. Please what should I do or use? Thanks

I don't Smoke.

Pls go and see a Dr quickly. Don't play with your symptoms. I had a slightly similar issue and I have done chest xray, ECG and even did Echocardiography today.

The Lord is your strength. The earlier you know the issue, the better for you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2020
Pls doctor help me out,I have pain around my upper back,it comes and go and it's severe,Months before it started then I had abdominal pain and fatigue then I went to hospital the doctor asked if I had ulcer before I said no,he said I probably had ulcer gave me drugs for ulcer and malaria and everything was fine,Then few months later since then I have always have fatigue and loss of appetite gradually,and I also have changes in my stool,My stool dissolves in water quickly.The back pain still come ocassionally, I've been to hospital twice later when the back pain came,first I was given orphnesic and the second time flotac and the third time was given anti biotics and piroxicam(I think the piroxicam worked faster than than the orphensic and flotac I was given in the past because the pain left the second day) I also went for an x-ray scan of my neck down to lower back with the doctor saying nothing is wrong with my back from the x-ray.was told to be on multivitamins for now because of my appetite and because the doctor said I had low white blood cells.He said everything seems fine that I should be mindful of my pose,how I sit and all But pls what advice can you give because the pain still come ocassionally,will visit the hospital soonest when I have cash( besides the doctor said whenever I come back he would check my white blood cells level again by making me go for blood test),I don't want the pain to be severe before I visit the hospital.What tests do you suggest I go for, because I don't even know what's wrong with me.I really want to know.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
From most health forums I've visited in the past 1 month,my symptoms is related to IBD although.I want to know what's wrong with me will probably ask the doctor about it when next I visit but pls I need some advice and all as this is not the real me,the back pain whenever its severe affects me alot and even ocassionally when I have it.Theback pain relieves when I exercise or move about but at it's not easy to start exercising or moving about for me.I just want to be healthy free from fatigue and the backpain.pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ayobarmy(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2020
Good Morning Doctors in the House, Pls I need info on how to get an affordable&reliable health insurance for my family, I wanted to register with NHIS but I was told it will cost me #75000 to register a Family of 5. I don't have such money now, because my wife just had a baby via CS, I am yet to recover from the debt.......

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Dental caries. See a dentist
Hello doctor, I sometimes feel this ticklish feeling in my right axilla and it's uncomfortable and strange. What could be the cause?And what can I do to make it go away?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Hello doctor, I sometimes feel this ticklish feeling in my right axilla and it's uncomfortable and strange. What could be the cause?And what can I do to make it go away?

Depends what you mean by ticklish. Can you feel any lump in your armpit?. Do you sweat very much under your armpit?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hardeynhiyhi: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello doctor, please what does this test result says?. ESR is 06 from the pink coloured paper, but and as for the other white sheet I seem not to understand anything there. Please help out. Thank you

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Depends what you mean by ticklish. Can you feel any lump in your armpit?. Do you sweat very much under your armpit?
Thanks for the prompt response.I don't know how better I can describe it,there's no lump and I don't sweat very much.I noticed the ticklish feeling extends to my mouth, ear and neck region at times.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Thanks for the prompt response.I don't know how better I can describe it,there's no lump and I don't sweat very much.I noticed the ticklish feeling extends to my mouth, ear and neck region at times.

Not sure what it could be. It could be some sort of neuropathy if it is affecting your mouth, ears and neck. Otherwise it could just be something benign with no organic causes.!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
hardeynhiyhi:
Hello doctor, please what does this test result says?. ESR is 06 from the pink coloured paper, but and as for the other white sheet I seem not to understand anything there. Please help out. Thank you

ESR is erythrocyte sedimentation rate and it looks at how long it takes blood to settle at the bottom of a tube. It is usually a marker of inflammation. Now, lab tests aren’t interpreted in isolation. Your requesting team will interpret it based on your clinical symptoms etc so it is best you check with them
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Not sure what it could be. It could be some sort of neuropathy if it is affecting your mouth, ears and neck. Otherwise it could just be something benign with no organic causes.!
It doesn't affect my left side.Thanks once again doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Campd: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
Kindly post the CT scan interpretation report. Lymph node enlargement on radiology scan is non specific finding. Have you had any bloods or any other investigations done?

Good evening Doc .. I'm sorry for the late response.. I'm getting use to this platform. Here is of the Abdominal CT scan below... On the 6th of August i was diagnosed of Sepsis with a very high fever which was treated with multiple anti biotic Meronem and some other type of anti biotics .. I had a little kidney injury , increased creatinine but was attended to.. The last FBC i did dat was around Oct all appeared to be normal range..
Ever since I have been experiencing serious weakness and dizziness.. I eat well but always weak... I don't know what else to do..

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by craigkoel1989: 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
gbenga4sure:
Pls doctor help me out,I have pain around my upper back,it comes and go and it's severe,Months before it started then I had abdominal pain and fatigue then I went to hospital the doctor asked if I had ulcer before I said no,he said I probably had ulcer gave me drugs for ulcer and malaria and everything was fine,Then few months later since then I have always have fatigue and loss of appetite gradually,and I also have changes in my stool,My stool dissolves in water quickly.The back pain still come ocassionally, I've been to hospital twice later when the back pain came,first I was given orphnesic and the second time flotac and the third time was given anti biotics and piroxicam(I think the piroxicam worked faster than than the orphensic and flotac I was given in the past because the pain left the second day) I also went for an x-ray scan of my neck down to lower back with the doctor saying nothing is wrong with my back from the x-ray.was told to be on multivitamins for now because of my appetite and because the doctor said I had low white blood cells.He said everything seems fine that I should be mindful of my pose,how I sit and all But pls what advice can you give because the pain still come ocassionally,will visit the hospital soonest when I have cash( besides the doctor said whenever I come back he would check my white blood cells level again by making me go for blood test),I don't want the pain to be severe before I visit the hospital.What tests do you suggest I go for, because I don't even know what's wrong with me.I really want to know.
This is symptoms of severe ulcer, happened to me to cure it look for raw Akamu and mix in ordinary water and drink it early in the morning 2 hours before food and late in the night 2 hours before bedtime meal, it will stop
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gbenga4sure(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
craigkoel1989:

This is symptoms of severe ulcer, happened to me to cure it look for raw Akamu and mix in ordinary water and drink it early in the morning 2 hours before food and late in the night 2 hours before bedtime meal, it will stop
Alright thanks bro but wait I won't turn it on fire before I drink it or will I,pls can you chat me up with the number on my profile or drop yours
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by craigkoel1989: 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ayodeji96:
Hello!

First time on Nairaland.

So, on May 19th I woke up with a sore throat. I waited it out for a couple of days to let it clear up but it didn't, so I went to the pharmacy to buy a throat spray, I used this for a week but it still hurts when I swallow. So I thought it's a bacteria infection, I went to buy erythromycin, I used that till I finished the whole pack but the pain in my throat was still there.

The thing is, the pain didn't increase and neither did it decrease and I'm still able to eat food without any issue and drink water. Then, one night I noticed I had a feeling of something lodged in my throat, I drank loads of water to push it down but all to no relief, and I also feel like I have phlegm at the back of my throat so I constantly have to clear it.

I'm not in any sort of unimaginable pain or anything because I'm still able to carry on with my daily activities without stress but my anxiety levels has increased because of the feeling of something stuck in my throat.

So, I googled my symptoms and boy do I regret that already. I saw a disease called gerd and LPR and the dreaded "C" word. The thought of that makes me want to have a panic attack.

I'm a 24 year old male who doesn't smoke nor drinks. What do you guys think could be the problem? Help me out, I'm losing my mind here!

That is exactly what is happening you have gerd which is causing acid reflux which is making gas to flow back to the throat thus causing sore throat, lump sensation in the throat and mucus
To end acid reflux buy omeprazole and take for 7days one 2 times daily and it will clear

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by craigkoel1989: 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Mofetemi:
Hi doc. I noticed when i lie down, my heart burns, minty throat sensation and stomach region ONLY gets warms like someone rubs rob on the tummy. But if i stand up, walk or sit, the tummy warmness vanishes and becomes cold but my throat will still be having this minty sensation as if i licked tomtom. This is worrisome as i dont eat well again due to state of mind. I am worried and in dilemma. What could be a lasting remedy to this? I once used Cafergot pill when i experienced an unexplained chronic headache and head-hotness which have all vanished aftrewards. I have used acid blocker (3 in 1) like ulsa kit when i first sensed this scenario. Currently, I use Natrixam 1.5/5mg for my blood pressure control OR could it be the cause? I need help o
Wonderful this is exactly what happened to me, I used to experience tingling sensation in my throat immediately after waking up but it has stopped after taking Akamu in ordinary water for 3 days
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by craigkoel1989: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
gbenga4sure:

Alright thanks bro but wait I won't turn it on fire before I drink it or will I,pls can you chat me up with the number on my profile or drop yours
No mix it in ordinary tap water as if you are making tea and drink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AmbulatoryMedic: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Campd:

Good evening Doc .. I'm sorry for the late response.. I'm getting use to this platform. Here is of the Abdominal CT scan below... On the 6th of August i was diagnosed of Sepsis with a very high fever which was treated with multiple anti biotic Meronem and some other type of anti biotics .. I had a little kidney injury , increased creatinine but was attended to.. The last FBC i did dat was around Oct all appeared to be normal range..
Ever since I have been experiencing serious weakness and dizziness.. I eat well but always weak... I don't know what else to do..

Hi
Sounds like your lymphadenopathy is reactive. This could be due to your sepsis. Your symptoms of dizziness etc may be in the context of post sepsis syndrome which can linger
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by slenderBeam1: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
I'm shy of asking my surgeon. I underwent appendectomy about 3 weeks ago. I'm okay and back to my daily norms but the wound hasn't totally healed . A smaller part is yet to close unlike the larger part that has totally closed. The question now is , can I have, maybe a light sex INTERCOURSE because I have urge for sex. I sleep on the same bed with my wife, yet I have been on abstinence.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Campd: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
AmbulatoryMedic:

Hi
Sounds like your lymphadenopathy is reactive. This could be due to your sepsis. Your symptoms of dizziness etc may be in the context of post sepsis syndrome which can linger

Good evening Doc, thanks for your kind response.. Pls, doc what can I do in regards to what you just said because I don't even know what route to take right now..
Should I run some test again or something like that?.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by prinxwizard(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
First of all let me start by apologizing for bothering anyone out there with this post, but the truth is I really need good suggestions. So please,I beg you all to help me out on this.
This started sometime last year (I think April). I had this ugly sexual experience with someone. Ugly in the sense that I started feeling sick after about a day or two. I developed symptoms of viral infection (flu, headache, body pains, etc.) coupled with mild burning sensation in my genital while urinating.
I decided to seek for help amongst my friends and was told to visit a hospital for lab tests to be carried out which I heeded to. To my surprise the doctor that attended to me waved away the idea of having a HIV test because 'the symptoms are not peculiar to HIV'. So I took the urinalysis test which she suggested. When the result came out I was diagnosed of gonorrhea and was given some prescriptions.
Fast forward, few weeks later the burning sensation and attendant scratching (lol) seized and I went back for retest which confirmed it has been cured.
All through this period I was experiencing some malaria-like symptoms (though I kept using over the counter malaria drugs). At a point I visited another hospital for a another lab test. This time I insisted on testing for Hepatitis A&B together with HIV test. The tests all came out negative, though I was advised to wait for a period of three months and get tested again for HIV. But along the line my health improved and I forgot about redoing the test.
Fast forward again, two months ago I started falling sick constantly and kept using over the counter malaria and typhoid drugs which rarely had any effect. Then, last month I started having some strange symptoms, which included chest squeezing and trouble breathing at times, panic attacks and serious burning sensations in my head- which makes me really uncomfortable, disoriented and confused most of the time.
So again I visited a laboratory centre and conducted tests for HIV, Hepatitis C, typhoid and malaria. In all I was told I had hepatitis C and prescriptions for treatment was given to me. I visited a pharmacist the next day and was billed for treatment.
The most confusing thing for me right now is the fact that the pharmacist concluded the treatments yesterday but I'm not yet fine as the burning sensation in my head started yet again last night to even this very moment. I feel like I'm losing it.
Please what should I do next
I'm sorry for the long story.........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Challypresh(f): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
firstly I'm happy I was given this wonderful opportunity to lay my health issues n looking forward for solutions here.
I'm very grateful for that.

I'm Precious by name from Nigeria. pls I have been having pains at my left side of my abdomen, then I went to hospital, I was told by the Dr to do scan n it was confirmed that I have Ovarian cyst
pls what could be the cause?
And pls Any natural Remedy for it.
thanks n God bless you all.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Doc I have a question sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please help me translate, I went for liver test
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afrophilus(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello,

Do you want to know the things you should do while pregnant to make your baby Smarter?

I have a guide that teaches you that.
You should read it here,

https://tremendous-creator-8959.ck.page/pregnantwomangospel

It is free
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by remzytimer: 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
It all started after that morning, I was standing and I felt that sharp pain on my back, it was as if someone hit me from the back at the initial stage I thought it will go after one or two days and it is almost a month now and it has started affecting my left leg. I have gone to the clinic and I have almost finished the drug administer to me...pls I need your help, I don't know if you have felt that same way before and what drug did use. Pls the doctor in the house pls help ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.