Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634767 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ibrajisah(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2023
Doctor in the house, I was scheduled for medical pre-employment check up of which I have done the test.

I am waiting for they result because I did my test on Wednesday.

Today I was expecting a congratulation message or the opposite if you understand bcs , deep inside me, I am medically sound or okay eventho, in reality no one can medically certified 100%.

I have been book for an appointment with a doctor ; what are my expectation ? Is this a professional advice on how to keep up to a healthy lifestyle , diet or food ? I am just a bit worried. . . All is well
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sylve11: 5:03am On Jan 31, 2023
naijaking1:

Unless you're having symptoms, I wouldn't bother about the positive plasmodium falciparum indicated on your result. For onething, the technique of doing this test is very variable, subjective, and very prone to error; secondly, Nigeria is a malaria endemic region. It shouldn't be a surprise to any one that there is malaria parasite in the blood. I have adviced my family members in Nigeria to take routine and prophylactic malaria medications on a monthly basis, I would advice you to do same. It's better to treat the parasite before they complete their life cycle and give you symptoms. If you wait till you have fever to treat malaria, it's probably too late.

cool
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sylve11: 8:39am On Jan 31, 2023
naijaking1:
@ObamaUS
Do you have any medical problem we can help you solve on this thread?

grin cool
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by FAT17(f): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2023
Doctor it's been 5 month I got married as a virgin no sign of pregnancy yet pls wot can I do am anxious because me and my husband have been having constant frequent intercourse still no symptoms of pregnancy help me doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AUgucci: 6:12am On Mar 23, 2023
[quote author=AmbulatoryMedic post=99039337]

Hi
It
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
AUgucci:

Pls I need to know do I need stiches
Anyone help please,I go injury while in a small town and d lady at the health center says stiches is not necessary

This wound needs stitching, unless what we're seeing here is not its actual dimension due to magnification by your camera.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
FAT17:
Doctor it's been 5 month I got married as a virgin no sign of pregnancy yet pls wot can I do am anxious because me and my husband have been having constant frequent intercourse still no symptoms of pregnancy help me doc

The diagnosis of infertility is made after 1yr of regular intercourse, not 5months. It's still too early to become worried.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tayomi37(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
Good evening doctor thanks for being there for everyone.
My issue is this, I did laparoscopy around August/ September last year and after 3 weeks I resumed back to work using bike ride, but ever since then I've been having pain, itching and sometimes sharp stinging like sensation. Moreso sometimes, when I sleep it will looks as if the surgery spot wants to tears up. I went to the hospital, they said it's normal but my sister-in-law said I should take some antibiotics(amoxicalav 1g) so as to tackle any undering line issue inside. What do I need to do bcs I still having the sensations
Please I need your advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Keziehenry(m): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Pls someone should kindly help interpret this test result.
FBC
Hb..... 11.8(12-16)g/dl PCV.....32.8(36-47)% WBC(T)..6.2(4.5-11)x10/uL
Differential
N 27(40-72)%
L 65(20-45)%
M 05(2- eight(cool%
E 03(1-6)%
B 0(0-0.5)%
Film Report hypochromic Anisocytosis ++ poikilocytosis +
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2023
Keziehenry:
Pls someone should kindly help interpret this test result.
FBC
Hb..... 11.8(12-16)g/dl PCV.....32.8(36-47)% WBC(T)..6.2(4.5-11)x10/uL
Differential
N 27(40-72)%
L 65(20-45)%
M 05(2- eight(cool%
E 03(1-6)%
B 0(0-0.5)%
Film Report hypochromic Anisocytosis ++ poikilocytosis +
thanks in anticipation.

Your hemoglobin concentration is low
Pack Cell Volume is low.

Though the white blood cell is normal, the neutrophils are abnormally low with an associating high levels of lymphocytes. This represented a chronic inflammation with several differentials rounding fron infectious causes ( mostly likely viral origin and selective bacterial background) and also, cancerous changes with the blood system.

What were your signs and symptoms before you had this test done?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Keziehenry(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2023
2Ballz:

Your hemoglobin concentration is low
Pack Cell Volume is low.

Though the white blood cell is normal, the neutrophils are abnormally low with an associating high levels of lymphocytes. This represented a chronic inflammation with several differentials rounding fron infectious causes ( mostly likely viral origin and selective bacterial background) and also, cancerous changes with the blood system.

What were your signs and symptoms before you had this test done?
Weaknes of the body,loss of memory, stomach discomfort and sensational movement in my body
2balls

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lavylilly: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2023
Good afternoon 2ballz, my younger sister is pregnant again (she's legally married) after just 11 months of the first issues. She gave birth through cs. Should we keep it or aborrt it?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Yehwind02(f): 6:20am On Apr 05, 2023
Goodday doc, thanks for the help.
My husband has been complaining of feeling hotness on the left hand side of his lower stomach, he has been to a private hospital in Ikorodu and we have been told that everything is normal but he is still feeling it every day. Please what can we do sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:42am On Apr 06, 2023
Tayomi37:
Good evening doctor thanks for being there for everyone.
My issue is this, I did laparoscopy around August/ September last year and after 3 weeks I resumed back to work using bike ride, but ever since then I've been having pain, itching and sometimes sharp stinging like sensation. Moreso sometimes, when I sleep it will looks as if the surgery spot wants to tears up. I went to the hospital, they said it's normal but my sister-in-law said I should take some antibiotics(amoxicalav 1g) so as to tackle any undering line issue inside. What do I need to do bcs I still having the sensations
Please I need your advice

If these symptoms you described are only limited to the laparoscopy wound/scar, then it's normal.

At 3weeks, scars are still immature and unstable, and are bound to exhibit those symptoms, especially if they're becoming hypertrophic(growing above the skin level).

It is not necessarily due to an infection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tayomi37(m): 4:15am On Apr 30, 2023
Good morning Sir and thanks for your online assistance.

Please my wife have this issue that whenever she is angry or troubled she will start bleeding and weak. We are arguing over some issues and though I made some wrong statements the next thing sée after she started crying was bleeding. This is on for 2days now.

What can be the underlined issue because I don't think it's normal.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Davicl: 8:15am On Jun 19, 2023
Strugglingman:
well sir, theres no terminal cure for ulcer ...atleast none that ive seen

If u take ur medications regularly and adhere to the DONTs ,ur chances of having an attack will reduce

Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Allanbass: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good day Doctor, I am 48 years old and I have never contracted Covid 19, but I noticed that for almost 2 years now I have lost my sense of taste and smell. Please is it curable and what should I do? Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by eddie7: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
Doctors and experienced fellas in the house, thanks for the day
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Qasak(m): 1:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Hello doctors in the house please i would appreciate translation of the attached test result and the implications. Thanks in advance

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eben331: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Qasak:
Hello doctors in the house please i would appreciate translation of the attached test result and the implications. Thanks in advance

The total protein and albumin levels are higher than the normal range. This means there are too much of protein in the blood plasma.

These are some signs the person will have:
- Dehydration
- Weight gain
- Constipation

These can lead to liver diseases like hepatitis, nephritis if not handled. All this can be avoided by avoiding or limit the consumption of high-protein foods such as meat, fish, soyabeans etc. The person should eat more of the vegetables and grains.
I will advise the person to seek medical attention from a doctor.

N.B: The above explanation is only based on my knowledge as a medical student. It is very advisable for the person to see a doctor for a proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eben331: 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
Allanbass:
Good day Doctor, I am 48 years old and I have never contracted Covid 19, but I noticed that for almost 2 years now I have lost my sense of taste and smell. Please is it curable and what should I do? Thank you.

Is it that there is a temporary or permanent loss of taste sensation or decrease in taste sensation?

Is it that there is a partial or total loss of sensation of smell?

What are the kind of symptoms you have been experiencing over this 2 years?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eben331: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Tayomi37:
Good morning Sir and thanks for your online assistance.

Please my wife have this issue that whenever she is angry or troubled she will start bleeding and weak. We are arguing over some issues and though I made some wrong statements the next thing sée after she started crying was bleeding. This is on for 2days now.

What can be the underlined issue because I don't think it's normal.

Thanks

Where does the bleeding occur?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by HELPTHEFAMILY: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hello my brothers and sisters, please with a heart full of sadness and so much anxiety I'm compelled to write this to whom it may concern🤲🏾🙏🏽

I have my lovely mom, going through pains and a lot with the health issues😔😭. She had a kidney stone which results to a severe kidney problem over years now and we the family of OKOJI is sad to announce to the occurrence of our problems and plead with the kind hearted citizens to help in any form as it will have a long way to assist us financially to resolve all that is required for her health and may the good Lord in his love and infinite mercy replenish all who is helping to this. Thanks 🙏🏽

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Chibuike Prince Okoji
Please kindly send to the family of OKOJI

The family provided two(2) payment options:

This includes gofundme.com and you can easily send directly to the family opay account
OPAY: 7030325205 MR. CHIBUIKE PRINCE OKOJI

You can also contact the family: 07030325205

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wishesbeast11: 5:42am On Aug 04, 2023
Great job. I like your enthusiasm. Moreover, I found a platform which provides services for international medical students.
At IMG Helping Hands, our mission is to empower International Medical Graduates (IMGs) by providing comprehensive services to navigate the complexities of the US Healthcare System and facilitate their successful integration into the American medical landscape.

Our vision is to be the leading platform for IMGs seeking guidance and support in their journey to enter the US Healthcare System.

Learn
Practice
Evaluate
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:31pm On Feb 11
[quote author=2Ballz post=81805770]

Good!

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:32pm On Feb 11
[quote author=..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 2:37pm On Feb 11
w..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Saviourk: 3:43pm On Feb 11
Good day doc!
I've an issue with sweating a lot especially in the public. I don't really know what is the issue.

I know you may say it's anxiety, but in some certain situations I'm not tensed but I still sweat a lot.

Please I need your advice on this 🙏
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 6:27pm On Feb 16
[..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by exclusivelyholy(f): 6:33pm On Feb 16
[qu..

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sureteeboy(m): 7:11am On Mar 23
stadora:
hello every1, I had a high way accident abt 2 years ago, no serios injuries incured, but since the incident, i ve noticed a clog of brownish cluster in my left eye. though I have since then neglected it, Cos it Doesn't pain me nor give me any cause to worry. only that any body that comes across me would ask me, what hapened to your eye? recently someone advised I should do something about it that's its not good.
so doctors in the house what do u suggest I do about it or is there any eyes drop I can get in the pharmacy that wil clear the clog pls?
Good morning.
I know that this has been a while, but were you later able to sort this out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.