Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,468 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:01 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (630002 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nicetohave(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2006
I use this medium to apologize to everyone for the delayed response to you complaints. Career pursuit has taken me away for awhile. I will try to continue to contribute my quota as often and as soon as i can.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honey001(m): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2006
Hello Doc,
Please i just want to know the name, cause and possible cure to this infection. The symptoms include constant yawning, and a thick mucus like substance comes out of mouth after sneezing.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by theopops: 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2006
Doctors, a girl that started her period when she was 13 and has had six days of flow, now she is 25 and for the first time, she has just one and half day of flow. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by otokx(m): 4:51am On Aug 30, 2006
Have you heard of fluxotine inhalers?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honey001(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2006
No, i have not heard anything like fluxotine inhalers before, will it help?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doubletree(f): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2006
sounds like there's a mix up
there is flixonase nasal spray for chronic catarrh.
fluoxetine tabs is for depression-it's the generic name for prozac
and there is flixotide inhaler for asthma.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2006
Thank you doubletree. Nice to have fluoxetine inhaler! Could be sprayed in the air and everybody would have no care in the world!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doubletree(f): 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2006
true talk Balogun!  maybe we should talk to the drug companies. smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rhodalyn(f): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2006
Re: Doctor in the House----- Uh Uh, i thought doctors were meant to be at the hospital!?!?!!?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gentleone(f): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2006
@ rhoda, let the doc catch his fun o,

hi docs, pls what can be the cause of continuos back pain?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2006
Back pain. One of those bug bears in the life of doctors. Most back pains are due to musculoligamentous problems. This means all you need is adequate pain relief. It is a vicious cycle. The pain causes spasm and the spasm causes more pain and it goes on. When it gets bad you might require muscle relaxant like diazepam in addition. In summary codeine/paracetamol complex, anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen/Diclofenac and diazepam if there is spasm. The only time a doctor needs to be involved is if you have difficulty with passing urine or moving bowels. Physiotherapy also helps
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by whytee(f): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2006
Please help, my mother has a little growth at the back of her hand although its not painfull according to her but its growing little by little. please is there any way it can be removed without her being harmed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wumine(f): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2006
please is it compulsory to go for medical checkup? am in my mid-late 20's and i've never gone for one. i rarely go to the hospital.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2006
Whytee. Growths in back of hand can be easily removed under local anaesthetic and sent for histology. Important that whoever removes it clears the full margin.
Wumine. Depending on where you live and what your family history is. Cervical smears are the only regular check up done by doctors for women and you should examine your own breasts for unusual lumps regularly. Men are meant to examine their testes every month or so. Most men do this subconsciously everyday!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eurphoria(f): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2006
I dont think anyone doctor , or otherwise shud be giving diagnosis on a general forum, qualified or not. Highly iresponsible , this should not be encouraged here by the administrator. As a doctor in scotland you should know this. If you truly want to help ppl there are certifed ways of going about it on the net,under your licence not here. Start a forum there are many on the net . You just dont say boom i am a doctor and will give advice willy nilly whereever. Is this not unethical?

I am sayin this for the safety of all, nobody knows you and if under your advicement an accident was to occur , there would be no come backs on you so why not act wisely
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2006
Eurphoria, thanks for your statement. You obviously did not read the beginning of this particular forum. Can I refer you to page one
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eurphoria(f): 2:06am On Sep 11, 2006
Hi Balogun
Yes i did read it, i always do before posting anything. MY opinion remains though. You put up a disclaimer, but it is still irresponsible to offer advice like this,besides anyone can claim to be a doc, i am not saying you are lying or making false claims all i am saying is , being a doc, you of all ppl should not offer advice willy nilly. I have a cousin who is a Gp and i called her once to ask advice and she wont go into specifics with me, she asked me to go see my doc.This she did to ensure i didnt get lazy and not see my Doc . What i am saying is i know some ppl would just take whatever advice here and run with it, not taking other factors into consideration Why not start up a special forum?

P.s i am not knocking your efforts just think many wud take advice and it cud not necesarrily be the correct diagnosis for them and in so doing go treat themselves to all sorts.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2006
Eurphoria, having looked through this forum. Most advice given is generalized advice. Some people send personal e mails when they want further advice. I am sorry you feel this way about this forum. My advice for you is to keep out of it and seek medical advice from your own private physician. You are not forced to partake in this!!! Last post on this to you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Eurphoria(f): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2006
[/quote][quote author=Balogun link=topic=3465.msg601939#msg601939 date=1157972739]
Eurphoria, having looked through this forum. Most advice given is generalized advice. Some people send personal e mails when they want further advice. I am sorry you feel this way about this forum. My advice for you is to keep out of it and seek medical advice from your own private physician. You are not forced to partake in this!!! Last post on this to you

Your above posts shows that you are a fraud, you are definitely not even educated enough to take criticsm or engage in a discussion if it is not goin your way. What? did anything i post hit a raw nerve? I will not stop posting here, becos it is a public forum . I dont see anything wrong in my concerns, if anything i an way i was kind of sayin to you to becareful for yourself too,unless you can live with urself if God forbids someone goes off with your advice and go self medicate or something causing harm to themselves? Well maybe you can, after all so many fake doctors get busted on crime watch who show no remorse and display thesame arrogant holier than though attitude you just showed.

You say i shud keep out and seek my docs help, listen i do that anyway, i dont have to rely on anyone who calles themselves docs on a forum for my health thank you very much. I levae that to those stupid enough. After all there are many health forums(govt approved) that offer likely diagnosis to numerous ailments on the web. So the fact that a stranger from where nobody knows should just come here and start calling themselves docs and invite all to come for advice is crazy .

So dont act like you are doing the greatest service here known to man. Like i said if you really want to, start a health forum, it is very easy.You a doc afterall you must be smart.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigspif(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2006
Howdy Balogun, i must say we appreciate your efforts in educating us more about our health problems, please disregard the opposition and keep it going.

What can you advice on pile? I am experiencing constipation alot these days even though i take alot of water and take oranges.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2006
Thank you very much for the support. You can never please everyone all the time. Drinking plenty fluids is ideal. Eating adequate amount of fibre is also good. The less constipated you are the less you strain. If all fails, you doctor might recommend banding of the piles. Thats further down the line
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by blackhope: 2:29am On Sep 14, 2006
Hey Doc,

What is your opinion about nicosan (or is it niprisan). Apparently it is used to treat sickle cell in Nigeria. Here is my previous post about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22744.0.html

Does it effectively treat sickle cell? How about siklavit? Are there other options for sickle cell treatment apart from these?.

Here is another story about the other drug sicklavit.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200609010326.html

please get back.

black hope
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by theopops: 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2006
Docs, we do appreciate your input here. Like Balogun said, you can't satisfy everybody. Methink, if someone has a deadly disease, they'll not be coming online to look for treatment. Common sense, will make them go see a doctor.

Docs, una no give me answer to my question o. Hopefully, I will get one now.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lamien(f): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2006
doctor in the house pls what can you recommend for atrithis for a woman aged 48 thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2006
Treatment for arthritis depends whether it is rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. It usually starts with what are simple analgesia like paracetamol when bad. As time goes on you might want to add non steroidal antiinflammatory drugs assuming you dont have any contraindications to taking them. The next level might start needing a rheumatologist input. Which type of arthritis do you have and what level are you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mamasula: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2006
Hi Doctor,

I am hopeing that you may be able to help me, i am a 31 year old female who has had severe weight gain in the past 12 months, i have two beautifull daughters ages 2 and 3, since the birth of my youngest child i have suffered many medical problems, including severe weight gain, depression, anxiety, my menstral periods have ceased, i have not had a period in 8 months, but tests say that i am not pregnant, i am tired all the time , very irritable, and a lack of interest in just about anything, because im tired all the time. my pre pregancy weight was average 230-260 pounds, my heaviest during pregancy was 300 pounds. but in the past 9 months my weight has increased to about 350-360 pounds, every week i can see a diffrence in my weight, i do get some exercise and i watch waht i eat most of the time. my skin is very dry and flakey and my finger nails are dry and bittle, as well as my hair and scalp are extremely dry as well, i have severe dandruff and it wont go away no matter what shampoos i use. these things have me really frustrated. my G.P. says that my iron is low and that everthing else is fine. i dont feel fine, and it seems to be getting worse day by day. please i ask for your help in any possible way, i need to get my life back, i feel that it is slipping away from me more and more everyday, I will pray for you and thank god for the help that you have provided for so many people, thank you,

God Bless
catherine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2006
mamasula/catherine. I would get your doctor to check your thyroid levels. You might have low thyroid level called hypothyroidism. This is easily treatable by thyroxine tablets. Important to check the thyroid function tests before treatment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2006
Theopops, sorry I never got back with your answer. I need more information like is this girl on any type of contraception. What is her general health. Is she anorexic. There so many reasons to have a small flow of the period. There must be a gynaecologist in the house. Nigerian doctors in the UK make the best obstetrician/gynaecologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mamasula: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2006
Hey Doc,

It's me again Catherine/mamamsula, the doc has tested my thyroid levels many times, but he says that they are normal, there is thyroid dysfunction on both sides of my family, and my mother has been on meds for this for many, many years. but the doc says mine is fine. is it possible that i may have it and it not show up in blood tests, is there any other way i can find out, thank you for your prompt response, I thank-you very much for your help.

God Bless You

Catherine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:14am On Oct 24, 2006
Blackhope, thanks for the enquiry and possible debate you could start. I did my training in the UK, so my knowledge of sickle cell is what I have read in the books and minimal amount of patients I have dealt with. I have done some search about nicosan/niprisan. These drugs developed in Nigeria are going through the different phases of development. Some of the figures I have seen, I am not wholely certain of the statistical significance. It has however been given orphan drug status in the EU. This means it is expensive to develop or not profitable. It is considered in this end of the world to be a rare disease!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2006
mamasula/catherine. The more I read about your symptoms and family history, the more I feel your doctor should refer you to an endocrinologist. What your current TSH and T4 level might be abnormal for you. It still sounds like you are hypothyroid to me. If I think of any other diagnosis I will let you know. My belief is common things are common!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by st1(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2006
Doctor in the house
I've just went to REST ROOM now to empty my bowel but in the excreta , I saw blood. Please what is wrong with me? And what can I do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.