Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (634732 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aktunde(m): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dollypenn: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
Hello Doctors.I just had a baby,my first,and I have been getting endless advice on how to reduce my belly back to normal.please what really works cos am tired of tying my stomach aand pressing it with hot water.any advice

Again,I had episotomy and its almost 2 weeks and it hasn't healed completely,should I be bothered?

Many thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2010
mojititi:

Hi Dr Balogun

I have a question for you hope it is in your field to answer this , I had a baby in 2009 in April  through a c/s but this year my husband want me to have another baby isn't it too soon i though maybe next year is ok. please help me. thanks

Getting pregnant now would make it 17 months since the Caesarean Section. I believe most Obstetricians would agree that this is enough of time to get pregnant again.

You could cross-check this with your Obstetrician, too, or even ask the same question on @kathyekiti's Obst/Gynae thread.

dollypenn:

Hello Doctors.I just had a baby,my first,and I have been getting endless advice on how to reduce my belly back to normal.please what really works cos am tired of tying my stomach aand pressing it with hot water.any advice

Again,I had episotomy and its almost 2 weeks and it hasn't healed completely,should I be bothered?

Many thanks.

About the episiotomy not healing after 2 weeks, I would suggest you get your doctor to take a look.

For shedding excess belly tissue after delivery, well, nature eventually takes care of this anyway. I'm not sure you would be able to cope with nursing your newly-born baby - ordinarily quite tyring - at the same time doing tummy excersises, so I wouldn't suggest tummy excercises. You could simply wait for naturte to do its magic. When your baby is much older, then you could willfully shed wait by excercising and eating right.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Olami099(m): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2010
am thr0ugh with the medication u prescribed to me,i can see some changes,the pimples is reducing what should i do next
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aktunde(m): 11:40am On Sep 21, 2010
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
pls doctor,

what solution can i profer to a weak male organ erection?, erection so weak that i find it difficult to even achive penetration and a premature ejaculation while trying to gain entry.

it has been happening for more than 5 years but people always says it's psychological.

please come to my aid.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Francobaresi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2010
hello doc.! I'm having som of d symptoms of lack of blood lyk paleness of d skin,dizziness,blurred vision etc.but i take blood tonic regularly & d symptoms still persist.culd there b anyfin attached 2 dis?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Abdulleeh: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
Doc could abstinence frm sex cause stomach ache on young adults?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mikeoki(m): 2:08am On Sep 22, 2010
NATURAL HEALTH SOFTWARE IS NOW AVAILABLE!!! AFRICA'S FIRST OF ITS KIND.
This is to announe that Africa's first ever Natural Health Software is NOW ON SALE! The software is a 2-in-1 bundle. The first section is called 'PLANTS'. While the second section is called 'AILMENTS'.
There are over 40 plants that were embedded in the first section. The software is easy to use, and most of the information you need can be done by clicking on the pictures of the plants. Each plant has info on health benefits, dosage and the nutritional values.
The 'AILMENTS' section comprises of about 40 different types. Each of the ailment has a detailed info on the kind of plants you can use to either prevent or cure them.
Click on the attached file for details.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2010
Olami099:

am thr0ugh with the medication u prescribed to me,i can see some changes,the pimples is reducing what should i do next

I suggest you use the same prescription and dosage, for another one week. Do nothing after that.

@ aktunde,

Interesting indeed, the outcome of all the medical investigations you have undergone. Well, at least we know there is no life-threatening disease and I'm certain there is nothing harmful that you can pass to your child in future. Sometimes, it the worrying about something that makes the symptoms altogether worse.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
netsurf:

pls doctor,

what solution can i profer to a weak male organ erection?, erection so weak that i find it difficult to even achive penetration and a premature expulsion while trying to gain entry.

it has been happening for more than 5 years but people always says it's psychological.

please come to my aid.

I suggest you get a referral to see a Consultant Urologist.

Francobaresi:

hello doc.! I'm having som of d symptoms of lack of blood lyk paleness of d skin,dizziness,blurred vision etc.but i take blood tonic regularly & d symptoms still persist.culd there b anyfin attached 2 dis?

A number of things could be responsible for your symptoms, Anaemia (low red blood cells count) like you suggested, being one of them. I'm wondering about your age, blood pressure and so on. Go for a doctor's check-up.

Abdulleeh:

Doc could abstinence frm sex cause stomach ache on young adults?

Not at all. Except, perhaps if possibly psychological stress in the particular person then manifests as stomach ache.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by aktunde(m): 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2010
@surgeon

@ aktunde,

Interesting indeed, the outcome of all the medical investigations you have undergone. Well, at least we know there is no life-threatening disease and I'm certain there is nothing harmful that you can pass to your child in future. Sometimes, it the worrying about something that makes the symptoms altogether worse.

Once again, I thank you so much. You are highly blessed sir!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2010
@ surgeon,

thanks for the response but kindly tell me how and where to see a consultant urologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
netsurf:

@ surgeon,

thanks for the response but kindly tell me how and where to see a consultant urologist

Your doctor would need to write a referral note addressed to: The Consultant Urologist, Surgical Out-Patient Clinic/Department, So-and-so Hospital, The So-and-so Hospitals to find Consultant Urologists are 1) Teaching Hospitals 2) Some General Hospitals.

Once you've made contact with the Consultant Urologist, if you then choose, you can establish a relationship with him on the[i] private clinic [/i]level to escape the delays in government hospitals - Lagos State Hospitals are meeting-up, though, these days.

Your personal doctor may well have the direct number of a Consultant Urologist, or at best, a Registrar in Training to become a Consultant Urologist.

Hope this is helpful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fyncorp: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
Dear Dr,
My wife has this pimple-like occurence on face which has lasted for over 7 years.We have tried different kinds of treatments including orthordox and unorthodox treatment without any result.At first we thought it was Acne but recent visitation to National Hospital in Abuja said it's Rosacea and they seems not to have any cure for it.Please we need permanent cure even if it means traveling to India for final solution.Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Paul
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wayne4uall(m): 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2010
doc pls i need ur help, i am having a pain in the upper layer of my stomach, i do
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2010
fyncorp:

Dear Dr,
My wife has this pimple-like occurence on face which has lasted for over 7 years.We have tried different kinds of treatments including orthordox and unorthodox treatment without any result.At first we thought it was Acne but recent visitation to National Hospital in Abuja said it's Rosacea and they seems not to have any cure for it.Please we need permanent cure even if it means traveling to India for final solution.Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Paul

Get a referral for your wife to see a Consultant Dermatologist. Or, I'll make this the exception and give you the number of a Consultant Dermatologist I have on my phone: 08033351366. Ordinarilly I shouldn't make referrals on the forum, but your zeal to find a solution by all means, including travelling to another continent, has forced my hand. Consultant Dermatologists here in Nigeria should be able to address the matter.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2010
Wayne4uall:

doc pls i need your help, i am having a pain in the upper layer of my stomach, i do

I'm sorry, I cannot suggest what the problem can be with so few details to work with. Is it a recurrent pain? Is it related to meals? Is the nature of the pain burning, peppery or sharp? Makes you want to vormit? So many more details needed for one to form an opinion.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ucheawesom: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2010
hello doctor,
i have been having some back pain for some time now.i have the pain right at the centre of my back.I also have some pain on the left side of my body.this all started when i had my child.she was quite big and i found out that carrying her mostly on my left side caused quite some strain.its been 12 months now and the pain is still there.
please can u recommend any solution for me?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wayne4uall(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
doc it is recurrent pain, pls doctor i dont know what to do, but sumtimes i may not have d pain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
ucheawesom:

hello doctor,
i have been having some back pain for some time now.i have the pain right at the centre of my back.I also have some pain on the left side of my body.this all started when i had my child.she was quite big and i found out that carrying her mostly on my left side caused quite some strain.its been 12 months now and the pain is still there.
please can u recommend any solution for me?

It sounds like you may have strained the left side of the back from all that baby-carrying, more on that side. A strain (over-stretch or micro-tear of muscle or ligament fibres) usually takes a while to heal especially as the area usually is still being actively used.

If you are not an Ulcer sufferer, try a prescription of tablet Diclofenac Sodium, 100mg twice daily for 1 week, never taken on an empty stomach but immediately after meals.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2010
Wayne4uall:

doc it is recurrent pain, pls doctor i dont know what to do, but sumtimes i may not have d pain

Several Diagnosis can give rise to abdominal pain ("Stomach Pain"wink.

It could be a disease of any organ in the abdominal cavity [/i]e.g. [i]the stomach, itself - an Ulcer, Cancer of the Stomach, etc; the lower Oesophagus -  Reflux Oesophagitis, Achalesia of the Cardia, Oeophageal Cancer, etc; the Pancreas - Pancreatitis, Cancer of the head of the Pancreas, etc; the Intestines, various Liver diseases, the Appendix, the Gallbladder and so on.

Too many delicate organs in the abdominal cavity to joke around with the possible diagnosis; thank God the prevailing disease cases commonly seen are not the more serious ones but we cannot afford to take chances.

Unlike a complaint of back-pain felt after prolonged weight-carrying. The fact there is a ready explanation combined with the knowledge that there are relatively much fewer delicate organs in the posterior, lower torso that can give rise to back-pain, makes it safer for me to profer a possible solution.

Get a doctor to clerk you, to come to a safe conclusion.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ucheawesom: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2010
thanks doc.i thought as much.
please aproximatley how long does it take to heal in such cases?I have really slowed down so much these days in order to heal properly.
Also,are there any activities or positions i need to avoid in order to hasten healing.
Finally,this prescription,is it for pain relief or to aid the healing process?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nonnyp(f): 3:00am On Sep 27, 2010
nice thread,
plz doctor,
my Husband has a bad breath what can we do about it?
also he stools out blood if he does n't eat b/4 12 noon.
he is diagnosed of ulcer.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 3:40am On Sep 27, 2010
Please doc what drugs would you prescribe for acne, Been having acne 24/7 on diff parts of me face errday for years, used many sturvz, latest being nixoderm,Neo medrol. neo-medrol worked at first but after sometime i didnt. i have very oily skin what advice n drugs do you think i need.

Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Travel to America on scholarship. Visit http://scholarships.targetedtweets.com/
and choose Scholarships from the menu on top and apply. They are accepting applications for Africans

http://scholarships.targetedtweets.com/[/size]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2010
ucheawesom:

thanks doc.i thought as much.
please aproximatley how long does it take to heal in such cases?I have really slowed down so much these days in order to heal properly.
Also,are there any activities or positions i need to avoid in order to hasten healing.
Finally,this prescription,is it for pain relief or to aid the healing process?
Thanks in advance.

Complete healing and recovery from this condition depends on the severity of the sprain, and how much rest is given to the area - a couple of weeks to even months. I imagine you still carry your baby, hopefully less now on the affected (left) side.

The position and activity to avoid is simply a reversal of the position and activity suspected to have triggered-off the sprain: less weight carrying on the left side (not only your baby but other heavy objects, of course). Also, avoid vigorous massages or exercises to the back, in the hope of speeding-up healing - these would only prolong the sprain. Resting the functionality of that portion of your back, and use of the suggested medication, is the key.

The prescription is a strong pain reliever as well as an effective anti-inflammatory (hence, it aids the structural healing process) agent.

You are welcome, anytime.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2010
nonnyp:

nice thread,
plz doctor,
my Husband has a bad breath what can we do about it?
also he stools out blood if he does n't eat b/4 12 noon.
he is diagnosed of ulcer.

The Ulcer condition may well explain the bad breath in the sense that Indigestion and Reflux is common in Ulcer - the emptying of Stomach and Intestinal contents becomes ineffective or delayed and as such, there could be back-flow of stale odour through the Oesophagus into the mouth. Hopefully, he is complying with the management plan of the Ulcer condition.

Other possible causes of Halitosis - bad breath - are mouth ulcers and other dental conditions such as Caries, Plaque, Gingivitis, Periodontal diseases, etc. He should then consult a Dentist to rule-out these.

Bleeding while defaecating, if it is frank blood, is clearly a lower GI problem, likely Haemorrhoids (Pile), and his doctor should be consulted accordingly.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
krazynaija:

Please doc what drugs would you prescribe for acne, Been having acne 24/7 on diff parts of me face errday for years, used many sturvz, latest being nixoderm,Neo medrol. neo-medrol worked at first but after sometime i didnt. i have very oily skin what advice n drugs do you think i need.

Thank you

Here's a prescription that should help: Capsule TETRACYCLINE 500mg every 6 hours for 2 weeks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
Thank you i will try that
surgeon:

Here's a prescription that should help: Capsule TETRACYCLINE 500mg every 6 hours for 2 weeks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sandee575(f): 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
Dear Doc,
my ulcer must have an ulcer by now because ive been managing it for over a decade. I drink beer and smoke in the evening. My eating habit is lousy and im prone to stress which ive observed contributes largely to the onset of my ulcer crises. Do you advise i undergo an operation and get rid of the diseased stomach portion. Ive never bled.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
sandee575:

Dear Doc,
my ulcer must have an ulcer by now because ive been managing it for over a decade. I drink beer and smoke in the evening. My eating habit is lousy and im prone to stress which ive observed contributes largely to the onset of my ulcer crises. Do you advise i undergo an operation and get rid of the diseased stomach portion. Ive never bled.

Hi. I like your frankness. An Operation to remove the diseased portion of the Stomach is usually a last resort remedy for severely painful, intractable Ulcers. Surgery would unlikely be recommended otherwise.

Maybe you should consider curtailing your drinking and smoking habits - are known Ulcer-aggravating factors. You mentioned throwing away caution to what you eat, too. Consider also, getting a full Ulcer prescription once more from your physician. Have you been placed on tablet[i] Omiprazole[/i] for a full 1 month?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.