Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,604 members, 7,770,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:55 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (630054 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ignology: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2007
Dr Balogun, I find it very hard to sleep most times, Some times when I dont sleep well, it affects my bplood Presure, What do I do to sleep very well??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2007
What time do you go to sleep. Do you have an afternoon nap or early evening nap. What time do you eat before bed. Do you drink alcohol late in the evening. There are so many things that alter our sleep pattern. Eat early in the evening. Avoid late alcohol. Avoid any naps close to bed time. Personal time and meditation before bed. Comfortable bed to suit you is important. The right night time temperature. Not too hot not too cold. Sounds like a lot of things to think about. However if any of these are out of sync, you end up with a restless night and a very tired next day!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by angelchi(f): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
Anyone in the house no any mamogramm center here in 9ja dat one can go to, for check up? pls i wait 4 ur replies.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2007
Sorry based in UK. I am sure some of the doctors in Nigeria can help you. At your age, you shouldn't need mammogram unless there is something major wrong
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by angelchi(f): 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2007
Tanks 4 ur reply,i ve seen docs n at first we tot it was a lump which he said hw will ve to remove bt getting there on my next app, i met another doc whom they say is one of d best surgeons there n after testing he said if its a lump dat am nt suppose to complain of pains so he told me to come back by june that by then he will no wht is really wrg, bt d pain is terrible, bt i ve gone to another hospital by which i ve an appointment 4 next week tuesday.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by darqly(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2007
Hello Doc,thank you for sharing your expertise with us at no cost!! In 2003 I landed badly in a basketball game and I suppose I tore some ligaments. My physio didn't do an x-ray or scan but placed me on shock therapy for some 12wks or so. A month after I stopped the therapy, I was back to the court and after only a day, my knee popped out again. Infact I daresay it was worse than the first time because of the pain!! Since school had started, I resorted to wearing a brace and didn't bother telling my physio. With time the swelling went down and the pain reduced significantly.

Last year, while in the final stage of a physical fitness test during a job interview, my knee gave way AGAIN. Needless to say that I lost the job!

Well I'm working now;If I sit for long periods, my knee hurts. If I stand for long periods, it hurts still. I only get some relief when I use my brace, it won't hurt as much. I'm worried this may persist till my old age when healing will definately be harder. What do you advise??
P.S- I'd still very much like to continue playing basketball
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cyprianjr(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2007
My early morning pee has suddenly become too yellowish lately, is it something i should i worry about?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2007
You are probably dehydrated. Not drinking the right kind of fluid. Minimum of 3-4 litres of water daily. Not coke, tea, coffee or alcohol. They have diuretic effects and dehydrate you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cyprianjr(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2007
thx doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sista(f): 2:28am On May 18, 2007
Hey Doc, can you help me?

I have this friend who claimed I would be getting a visit, you know, I was supposed to see my friend. All of a sudden my friend stopped calling and my friend never came to see me.

Do you help out in those kinds of areas? Do ya Doc embarassed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cyprianjr(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2007
Sista:

Hey Doc, can you help me?

I have this friend who claimed I would be getting a visit, you know, I was supposed to see my friend. All of a sudden my friend stopped calling and my friend never came to see me.

Do you help out in those kinds of areas? Do ya Doc embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Girl you haven't seen your period, say am OHA and the doc will go from there, friend ko,visitor ni cool

one love girl

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by juxtkem: 3:21pm On May 22, 2007
Hi doc, am 17 years and am pregnant (about a month), a friend ask me to use gynaecosid and i used it last nite, just finished talking with anoda friend and she said it wont work that she has used it b4. In the prescription it says it will be 3 to 6 days after but am really very scared now.  I av realise my mistake of having unprotected sex and av discuss with my boyfriend that we will stop having unsafe sex. But my mum must not get wind of it and am scared, i dont know any hospital to do D & C and even if know am scared of dying.  I really need to know if this drug will work because 2day makes my menses  2 weeks late. so i guess i must be abt 4weeks pregnant or something.  Please help me, i promise to be a good girl from 2day.  Pls i need ur advice as ssoon as possible.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jesuseun1(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2007
hi doc,i need ur advise i work as an engineer in a trasmitter,i really want to know the health implication of radio frequency on my health.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lissom: 11:56am On May 26, 2007
Hello Nairalanders.I just need help from the doctors and other people in the house on what to
do to someone that ate detergent.We have taking the person to the hospital but we just need to
be sure the person got the right medication.the person was given talazole and we also got
gestid.I want to know your opinion on this,what you think we should do,which drug you think we
should buy and any other thing.Thank you your Urgent Reply would be appreciated on this
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joyjames(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2007
Hi doc,

pls i need help have been married fro some time now and am trying to conceive but i just notice that when ever i make love with my husband the sparm runs out even if i lie down for 30 min what can be the curse pls try and help me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:30pm On May 28, 2007
Need to reply all the letters.
Joyjames, it not unusual for the man's ejaculate to run out. It is not a curse. Different men produce different volumes of ejaculates
Lissom, ingestion of detergent doesn't cause that much harm in the UK. Children ingest these things. As long as it hasn't been inhaled, the treatment is usually symptomatic
Jesu Seun, radio frequency have been implicated in different types of leukaemia. I dont have hard fact for this, but I know people dont like transmitters built in their backyard
Juxtkem, you need to see a proper gynecologist urgently. Speak to your mother. They tend to be more understanding. As to why you are having unprotected sex at your age, that is another discussion
Sista, I feel we have a lot to talk about. Please e mail me for private consultations
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joyjames(f): 11:27am On May 29, 2007
thanks u so much but will i be able to conceive under this condition
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2007
Dont see any reason why you shouldn't be able to conceive. As long as you are producing the eggs and your partner has the right amount of sperm in his semen and your "plumbing" is all in working order.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by juxtkem: 4:56pm On May 30, 2007
thanks doc, i waited all week and no response from u. Am really sorry abt this but av had an evacuation last Sat. and am not proud of it.  I went for confession and av been given some serious penuance and  had serious discussion with the priest.  I promise this will never happen again.  am really ashamed of myself, just hope this wont get to the notice of my mum but thanks doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyPeace(f): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
Hi Doc,

Please l want to ask this question. Does too much expsoure to computer radiation affects conception? also does it affect the embryo?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doncartel: 12:49am On Jun 12, 2007
Doc,i use several narcotics as well as alcohol and smoking.I have been doing this for quite some time-almost two decades.During that time i have tried all ways to quit with no luck.Cocaine takes up almost all my money while crack and LSD,although cheap,sometimes leaves me as an unconscious wreck after heavy doses.I also take a lot of weed and ecstacy.Am getting really sick and tired of the drugs life but its quite difficult to stop.Any advise please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by idiotogbdcm(m): 12:54am On Jun 12, 2007
i'll provide you with riffles so you could shoot yourself. cool
YOU DESERVE TO BE DEAD grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
Ogbdcm, I am sure that is not the advice doncartel wants. My view is always when you are ready to quit you will. You obviously haven't reached your lowest level yet. To quit requires you to move away from the area where you are most tempted. You need to find out why you feel the need for regular highs. Dont forget for each high you get, there is payment of low later. This means to keep on the high you would need to use more "gear".
Mypeace similar reply to jesuseun
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fadenike(f): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2007
hi Doctor,
is there any negative effect if O-(negative) marry O+(positive)?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2007
Short answer is no. Marry away. The only time blood types are worrying is if there is a pathological problem with it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fadenike(f): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2007
Doctor ,
Thank you and stay blessed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mustay(m): 1:41am On Jun 19, 2007
Doc what do you do to prevent those black spots mosquitoes give when they bite?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigspif(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2007
To the Good Doctors in the House,

I have plenty questions but ill try and take them one at a time

When ever i take softdrink, chocolates, sweets, juice, ice creams etc i feel bodyheat, joint pains, dry lips, feverish and weak, what can be causing these please? (can this be dieabites)

My tommy complicates when i take certain type of food eg groundnut, biscuits, moi moi etc

I find it hard to wake, feeling weak and very tired somedays

My son is always scratching his left ear (weve seen an ENT who later diagonised inflamation and was treated then) and complains of iching in the anus

Recently my 8 months old daughter has been having red peeling like patches around her privates, it seems not to be painful and she hardly cries over it (could it be nappy rash)

Finally i have less libido, what can i do to boast up (i'm in my early 30's with ulcer and pile)

Will realy appreciate any of you guys reply.  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jwesig88(f): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2007
hi doctor tell me some symptoms of STDS especailly AIDS so i dont fall in the trap
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fadenike(f): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hi Doctor, please i need your advice on this.
My friend use to bleed from nose during raining season.
what are d causes of this and remedy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by priscare: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
i really appreciate your help and counsel that i ve been read in this forum.

Pls if someone have a 'hole' an spots on face as a
result of chicken pox, can d 'hole' block again?
if yes, what can be use?
thank in anticipatn of your advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2007
I will start with the easiest question.
Fadenike, the main causes of nose bleed that is seasonal is due to pressure in the air. To avoid these, your friend should try and avoid blow his/her nose too hard, avoid picking the nose. If the bleeding continues, might require cauterization of the vessels inside the nose.
Jwesig88, STDs have different symptoms and signs. Women tend not to show too many signs making diagnosis difficult and late. Preventative measures such as condom is best way to avoid them. You could always say no! Stick to one partner and for you men out there, more than one partner doesn't make you more of a man. Means you have difficulty satisfying one woman!!
Big spif, you have too many problems and I feel you should take the whole of your family to a General Practitioner or dietitian.
Mustay, the black spots from the mosquito bites are just healing/scar in black skin.
Priscare, with chicken pox you get vesicles that contain viruses, when they heal you end up with scar tissue which appears as "holes" on the skin. I think that is everybody answered

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.