Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning (12126 Views)

How To Encourage Communication, Innovation And Performance In Your Employees / Five Of The Worst Ways To Motivate Employees / Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Orunsolu01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Well if you are a part of those successful professionals who is always hopping outta bed with a gaze of your mind fixed at your Monday morning rituals so that you can get to your work place on time before anyone else, fine but not everyone is motivated as much as that. In fact, a handful amount of workers are not interested in getting to work early or even make meaningful

Disengaged employees is one of the reasons how negativity permeates through an organization and bring down the morale and productivity of employees. So, it definitely is in your interest to motivate your employees on Monday morning, so that they have a reason to bounce into office like you and be at their productive best.

Here are 5 essential tips that will teach you how to motivate employees, especially on Monday mornings…

TEAM WORK

Nothing uplifts the spirits more than working together as a team. Instead of getting your employees to head straight to their desk on Monday morning, assemble them together in a room and divide them randomly into two or three teams. Give each team something fun that can be accomplished only as a team. Of course, you would have to use your gray matter a bit to come up with tasks, but it will be worthwhile. Keep this team work activity short, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let it be something physical that gets people moving, so that it helps getting rid of the weekend lethargy and chases away the blues.

DROP AN INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE

There is no doubt it is tough to beat the Monday morning blues and get your mind focused on work. A person may be in the office physically, but his / her mind may be reminiscing about the wonderful time they had over the weekend with family and friends. So, there is nothing like a good inspirational message that you send your employees the first thing on Monday morning to elevate their mood and make them happy about being at work. Choose a message that reinforces the vision of the organization and lets each employee know how each one’s contribution helps take the company a little closer to its goals.

HELP THEM PLAN AHEAD

On Friday afternoon or evening, get employees to take 15 minutes from their busy schedule to plan for the week ahead. It will help them create a road-map of what they need to get done by the following Friday. It can take a lot of pressure off employees, as they will be able to prioritize important tasks. With everything planned, they will know exactly what they have to do on Monday when they come into office, making them more relaxed and happy to be at work. This increases productivity and keeps the morale high.

TEAM LUNCH

Everyone invariably gets late on Monday and many employees may not have had time to have proper breakfast at home. So, one of the ways to show that your organization cares about its employees’ welfare is to let employees enjoy catered lunch. It is a great way to show your appreciation and for all employees to sit together and enjoy a happy meal. A meal with the team is always welcome and having it specifically on a Monday is something for employees to look forward to. It will motivate them to come in with a smile and be happy and productive at the workplace.
Remember, employees need motivation to give their best and with a bit of ingenuity you can help keep your team’ spirits soaring and looking forward to a great work week, week after week.

http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/11/4-new-ways-to-motivate-your-employees.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by jeeqaa7(m): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2016
give them a day off.... BEST MOTIVATION EVER

i was gonna celebrate FTC ... after 3years but on the contrary i wouldnt celebrate ...
i would just dedicate this FTC to our fallen heroes in the North east ..
i have lost 3 friends already and dont want to loose more

Share if you think that Boko Haram is politically motivated
Like if you think it is religiously motivated

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by b0y(m): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2016
If you are a Lagos employer, just extend the opportunity to your employees to resume at 11:00am on a Monday. Trust me, they will bless your Destiny.

#AspiringOgaBoss cool

6 Likes

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:47am On Nov 15, 2016
No matter how nice they are to you, when time for salary reach, them go the look you asif you be one stranger wey wan come steal their money

Starting up ur business should be your best monday motivation mehn

Gracias....

2 Likes

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by warlord24(m): 6:47am On Nov 15, 2016
wow... nice...

want to go into importation?

click the link below
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by kinxlink(m): 6:47am On Nov 15, 2016
Nice one...
Meanwhile

I love this joke: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump go into a bakery shop. As soon as they enter the bakery, Trump steals three pastries and puts them in his pocket. He says to Hillary: “See how clever I am? The owner didn’t even see anything, and I don’t even need to lie. I will definitely win the election.” Hillary says to Donald: “That’s the typical dishonesty you have displayed throughout your entire life, trickery and deceit. I am going to show you an honest way to get the same 3 pastries without stealing or lying, and also prove that I am much clever than you!” Hillary goes to the owner of the bakery and says: “Give me a pastry and I will show you a magic trick?” Intrigued, the owner accepts Hillary’s offer and gives her a pastry. Hillary swallows it and asks for another one. The owner gives her another one. Then Hillary asks for a third pastry and eats that, too. By this time, the owner is starting to wonder where the magic trick is and asks: “What did you do with the pastries?” Hillary replies: “Look in Donald’s pocket!”

5 Likes

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Benjom(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2016
Good one there
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by wildchild1: 6:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Nice post

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by GreatManBee: 6:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Orunsolu01:
Well if you are a part of those successful professionals who is always hopping outta bed with a gaze of your mind fixed at your Monday morning rituals so that you can get to your work place on time before anyone else, fine but not everyone is motivated as much as that. In fact, a handful amount of workers are not interested in getting to work early or even make meaningful

Disengaged employees is one of the reasons how negativity permeates through an organization and bring down the morale and productivity of employees. So, it definitely is in your interest to motivate your employees on Monday morning, so that they have a reason to bounce into office like you and be at their productive best.

Here are 5 essential tips that will teach you how to motivate employees, especially on Monday mornings…

TEAM WORK

Nothing uplifts the spirits more than working together as a team. Instead of getting your employees to head straight to their desk on Monday morning, assemble them together in a room and divide them randomly into two or three teams. Give each team something fun that can be accomplished only as a team. Of course, you would have to use your gray matter a bit to come up with tasks, but it will be worthwhile. Keep this team work activity short, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let it be something physical that gets people moving, so that it helps getting rid of the weekend lethargy and chases away the blues.

DROP AN INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE

There is no doubt it is tough to beat the Monday morning blues and get your mind focused on work. A person may be in the office physically, but his / her mind may be reminiscing about the wonderful time they had over the weekend with family and friends. So, there is nothing like a good inspirational message that you send your employees the first thing on Monday morning to elevate their mood and make them happy about being at work. Choose a message that reinforces the vision of the organization and lets each employee know how each one’s contribution helps take the company a little closer to its goals.

HELP THEM PLAN AHEAD

On Friday afternoon or evening, get employees to take 15 minutes from their busy schedule to plan for the week ahead. It will help them create a road-map of what they need to get done by the following Friday. It can take a lot of pressure off employees, as they will be able to prioritize important tasks. With everything planned, they will know exactly what they have to do on Monday when they come into office, making them more relaxed and happy to be at work. This increases productivity and keeps the morale high.

TEAM LUNCH

Everyone invariably gets late on Monday and many employees may not have had time to have proper breakfast at home. So, one of the ways to show that your organization cares about its employees’ welfare is to let employees enjoy catered lunch. It is a great way to show your appreciation and for all employees to sit together and enjoy a happy meal. A meal with the team is always welcome and having it specifically on a Monday is something for employees to look forward to. It will motivate them to come in with a smile and be happy and productive at the workplace.
Remember, employees need motivation to give their best and with a bit of ingenuity you can help keep your team’ spirits soaring and looking forward to a great work week, week after week.

http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/11/4-new-ways-to-motivate-your-employees.html
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by warlord24(m): 7:01am On Nov 15, 2016
want to start importation but lack the basic know how and how you can be successful at it @ this recession?...

visit the link below Now
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by EternalBeing: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for this.
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by mlanreh: 7:03am On Nov 15, 2016
Na lunch my boss dey give wey go make u dey work like jackey chain this man don use us ooooo.
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by sakalisis(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2016
cool
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 15, 2016
All these things are not for Nigerian banks. What the bosses do is to threaten their subordinates with sack
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by chyboyfrank(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2016
If u like go and bring motivational speakers, nobody is ready to listern to ur tricks on how to make good use of them.
just surprise them with a good news of increment on their salaries and then discuss with them about issues like;
1. off days
2. There won't be work on Tuesday.
3. There won't be product by next week due to scarcity, meaning office will not open by next week. And you will see ur employees very very excited, and motivated. That will make them(especially the men among them) to map their plans for the weekend.
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by atirolu(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2016
Sometimes no matter how u try to motivate ur staff some will still not be motivated
They are called the bad eggs....

Motivate a police officer in nigeria with 50k on monday morning, that ll not stop him from taken 50 or 100 bribe from commercial drivers

1 Like

Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by firstking01(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2016
Hmmm....will our greedy boss do these??, esp that lunch aspectgrin...all my boss know is "work work work".
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Araoluwa005(m): 8:13am On Nov 15, 2016
just give them gala
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by KingRex1(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Best motivation for me.. 'Do it however you like, just get the job done' cool
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by temmypotter(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2016
beautiful
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by AjalaJ(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2016
These ideas are good if the company is making good profits only. If not, even the boss won't be happy.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by YINKS89(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2016
na dat no4 make sense pass.
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Orunsolu01(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2016
Thanks you guys for the compliment visit the link to read more articles like this
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by seeyou: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thanks op.I will try some but many employees are money conscious_my biggest problem.
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by dfrost: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
Nice post by the op. For me it's working from home on some days. That's for its motivation. cheesy wink
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by maigemuu: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
In this days of financial squeeze and with the drop in oil prices globally, you can leverage on other options other than your paid jobs to earn money from home through a made simple task to get paid.

We are a rapidly growing company of like minded individuals that over past few months has experienced great success through our online marketing system .We are in search of highly motivated individuals that value character,
integrity, and discipline. All applicants will be considered those with and without experience. To be considered please follow instructions below. Good Luck!

We Offer:
*Daily Pay!!
*Residuals
*Complete Training
*Leads provided

What We Need:
*Team Player
*Competitive Edge
*Goal Orientated
*Strong Work Ethic
*Burning Desire to Earn N150,000+ a Month
*Willingness to work from home

PLEASE — SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY-

Would you like to be exposed to a business opportunity that affords you the opportunity of earning residual income daily?
Remuneration is highly attractive and commensurate with best industry standards.
Kindly text, call or chat on whatsapp for updates.

sam: 08096002981
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by Orunsolu01(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
okay
Re: 4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning by betaessays: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2017

(1) (Reply)

How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job / Prince 2 And CISA Candidates For 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.