Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,729 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (79729 Views)

The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
I was preparing for work this morning when my elder bro sent this (paper) to me via email.

I once heard if you want to marry a girl from the east you'll have to pay extra $€£¥

Ok, back to the matter, my bro is preparing for his traditional wedding anytime soon.

Below is the list of things they ask him to buy, after I was done with the calculations and all, I got a total of close to #500,000 just to buy things listed in the list.

Mind you the list doesn't include food, drinks, canopies, chairs just to name a few that will be used in the event.

I just said in my mind, Eku tracession wedding.

10 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by talktonase(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
Just tell me you want to open provision shop/restaurant/beer parlour...

155 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by fendorf(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
That list will conveniently pay for a 2bedroom rent on the mainland

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
Just for one woman....

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
but these items are relatively cheap,s o it's OK the list is Long smiley

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
This is even moderate.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by KnightRod(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
Who the papa epp?

11 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
Really? In this recession, spending nothing less than 500k to get just the items alone
OmaniPadmeHum:

This is even moderate.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by ChuzzyBlog: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Things dey happen o!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
talktonase:
Just tell me you want to open provision shop/restaurant/beer parlour...
I tire o

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Berbierklaus(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
but these items are relatively cheap,s o it's OK the list is Long smiley

Nah,they ain't.
Could run into millions of naira.

I can see 3bags of rice
100tubers of yam
10gallons kerosene
they wan feed the whole community and neighbouring villages? shocked

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Nah,they ain't.
Could run into millions of naira.

I can see 3bags of rice
100tubers of yam
10gallons kerosene
they wan feed the whole community and neighbouring villages? shocked

Hey,what are they gonna use that "1she goat" for?

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by darkmarky(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:

make the groom make love to it.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
darkmarky:

make the groom make love to it.
Bye bye wink

8 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Berbierklaus(f): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
Could be used as meat for the party or reared to produce offsprings for the bride's father.

This is an Igbo bride price list,they believe they should gain almost all they spent training their girls from the husband. grin

7 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by westlius(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
the part I love here is the packet of Benson cigarettes

21 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Could be used as meat for the party or reared to produce offsprings for the bride's father.

This is an Igbo bride price list,they believe they should gain almost all they spent training their girls from the husband. grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2016
Lol, when I first saw that I laughed out loud, almost started rolling on the floor, the gods needs cigarette and lighter #OMOWOBE gods
westlius:
the part I love here is the packet of Benson cigarettes

11 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by MrRitchie: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2016
Cc lalasticlala or whatsoever the mod is help push this to front pg so other can have a say about this Imo State/East traditional marriage list of things to buy
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Pilate2016(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2016
Piercedclit:
All this things na guide. No be say the quantity must equal what is on the list. E.g if 100 tubers of yam is on the list, you can buy 40 or 50, same with the other things.
E be like say none of una don dey where dem dey pay woman bride price. E be like inside market.
Guide ke! My sister, this village elders no dey chill ooo. One must pay all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by olac21(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2016
On top say we wan wed,make i kuku buy car dey use am for taxi....

6 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by lonelydora: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
I wonder why people complain about marriage lists. If you really love the girl you want to marry, nothing is too expensive in paying for the list, otherwise leave her alone and look elsewhere. It's called 'TRADITION' and you can't change tradition.

And to see my crush, priscaoge, just commented below me.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by priscaoge(f): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm still proud of my village ARONDIZUOGU anytime anyday tongue tongue tongue. Bride price is still 25naira till tomorrow, then the list won't cost u more than 150k(plus and minus) but maybe because of recession, prices of stuff in d market go dare (Ask anyone from Izuogu). Anything u wish to buy for the parents is solely from Ur heart and its not included in d list.
Piercedclit:

I don't think it's true because one part of Mbaise that we went for traditional marriage, there were issues from their Ụmụnna claiming that d list isn't complete. They made so much trouble and insisted that the man should present everything, d groom nearly abandoned the whole thing. It was God's intervention that d case was settled. The bride was just crying because of the way those wicked elders messed her marriage up.

Mod: So a lot of people mentioned me and were saying some stuff about juju! Lol! Calabar and Akwa Ibom have their own masquerade festival, Yorubas have their own masquerade festival and they have what they call it. Our own is "Ikeji" and its our own masquerade carnival! It's our Culture! It's our Heritage! I'm proud of my Culture! I'm proud of my root! I'm proud to be Adamazi! kiss

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by TINALETC3(f): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
I no dis list must come 4rm Imo state!!!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by maximunimpact(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
ok
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by BrutalJab: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
Haba! It's not like you must compulsory buy these items o.

You gonna tell them the amount you can afford unless you want to show your self as onye ogor.

They look at your pocket too.

After paying such amount, you will value and take care of your wife. grin

7 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by orsidy: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
500k and you are shouting? mine was 6 good pages and I summed it up and I arrived at 1.5M. so go ahead and do it if you love your wife. good luck

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Lasskeey: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
Berbierklaus:

na wa oh
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Dgunnerz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
I need a wife too from this town..Where can I find one?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State by Brendaniel: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Na wa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / When The Wife Is The Breadwinnner ( PHOTO ) / Policemen Brutalise Eight-month Pregnant Woman: Delivers Baby Prematurely (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.