Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. (27460 Views)

Help! Flood Take Over A Nairalander's House In Benin / The Painting Diary Of An O'sha city Building (onitsha) / Roofing Of A Nairalander's House In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by mufutau55(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Where can I get this Dulux paint and what is the price please.

Make sure your pocket is full o. I have used Gbadexy paints in many of my projects and no complaints.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Jonwesley(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
gbadexy:

Depends on the type. Regular emulsion, textured, matte, satin and even premium grade emulsion all have different prices.

Is it available around Abuja as i had wanted to know, and why not display all the prices whether emulsion, matte, textured, etc. I don't know all the technicalities in names or types please. I about painting my property and this information will be handy.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by tatdecor: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
For those in Abuja and environs, you can buy your quality paints, screeding materials and other painting materials at direct company's price.

TAT Decor world
Shop number 3, Kubwa shopping mall, Along ASO Savings drive, Opposite Yoruba mosque, Kubwa Abuja.

Tel: 08136917612
tdecorworld@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/tatdecorworld/

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by AndyAustin(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
This is beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
Jonwesley:

Is it available around Abuja as i had wanted to know, and why not display all the prices whether emulsion, matte, textured, etc. I don't know all the technicalities in names or types please. I about painting my property and this information will be handy.
Ok sir. It's not available. I supply anywhere in the country though.
Premium emulsion N5000 per drum, satin N4000 per gallon, matte emulsion N15000 per drum, Graffitex paint N7500 per drum.
The list is numerous.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Chelseafan1: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
mufutau55:

Make sure your pocket is full o. I have used Gbadexy paints in many of my projects and no complains.

Hajji M.

I priced berger paints somewhere in Ife, the sales girl told me dere prices starts from 12k upwards, can this Dulux be more than 20k per 20litre drum?
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
mufutau55:

Oga Gbadexy.. I agreed 1000% with Allcopacetic o, after procuring some lighting stuffs from this knowledgeable man; he is just like you when it comes to paints.
All the paints looks good... I love the cement screeding too. I can't wait to see the internal paintings and look at that nice POP...
I can't wait to get to the painting stage... House not be house until good paint catch am o. Good work sir.

Hajji M. Hi

Thank you Sir, your kind endorsement means alot
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
gbadexy:

I've dropped your number with her. She said they've gotten other light fittings but wants to see what you have for the living rooms. There are 2 of those.
Thanks Boss. Much appreciated.

She's in a for a pleasant suprise smiley
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by mufutau55(m): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Chelseafan1:

I priced berger paints somewhere in Ife, the sales girl told me dere prices starts from 12k upwards, can this Dulux be more than 20k per 20litre drum?

Yes. Dulux paints are not cheap. If Dulux agent is not in Ife, there is one in Akure... sorry I lost his number though.

I was going to use Dulux on one of my projects the cost scared me so I went with Gbadexy paint, I have no regret whatsoever.
But then I am a poor kobo-kobo man o, to others the cost may not be expensive.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lilimax:

But you'll agree with me that the brand leads why the rest follows smiley
Leads where ? Lagos or Nigeria.
Dulux paints are well made... so are a number of others. Some better.
Dulux DOESN'T rank within the top 10 in the world . I'm not even sure they're in the top 20.

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Chelseafan1: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes. Dulux paints are not cheap. If Dulux agent is not in Ife, there is one in Akure... sorry I lost his number though.

I was going to use Dulux on one of my projects the cost scared me so I went with Gbadexy paint, I have no regret whatsoever.
But then I am a poor kobo-kobo man o, to others the cost may not be expensive.

Hajji M.

I read its around 25k to 28k per 4litre drum somewhere on nairaland, just wanna be sure of the current price.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by paradigmshift(m): 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
gbadexy:

6 rooms including master, madam, children and visitor's room. 2 living rooms.
She told me the plan of the house was in line with the shape and space of the land which can only work for it.

wow that's nice and the land is not that big. thanks boss, grateful
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
paradigmshift:

wow that's nice and the land is not that big. thanks boss, grateful
You're welcome sir.
I believe it's on a half plot or thereabouts.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by nairacountry(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
gbadexy:

Ok sir. It's not available. I supply anywhere in the country though.
Premium emulsion N5000 [/b]per drum[b], satin N4000 per gallon, matte emulsion N15000 per drum, Graffitex paint N7500 per drum.
The list is numerous.

How many litres make the drum? Do you have outlet in Ibadan, Oyo state? Kindly drop your phone whatsapp for more requests sir.
Asap
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
nairacountry:

How many litres make the drum? Do you have outlet in Ibadan, Oyo state? Kindly drop your phone whatsapp for more requests sir.
Asap
20 litres make a drum.
I don't have outlet there but I've supplied there. I supplied and recommended painter for a 3 unit buildings at elebu in Ibadan.
Hopefully I will post the pictures once the painting is through and the owner approves.
My whatsapp number is 07082715846.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
gbadexy:

You're welcome sir.
I believe it's on a half plot or thereabouts.
Did you just say half a plot? Had to go back and take another look at the picture
I am only just noticing how small the land actually is. The use of space was really efficient
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 5:45am On Nov 16, 2016
allCopacetic:

Did you just say half a plot? Had to go back and take another look at the picture
I am only just noticing how small the land actually is. The use of space was really efficient
It's a small land but I can't be certain if it's actually half a plot that's why I said or thereabout.
I want to assume land is only sold in full plot or half cheesy.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Onboard1: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Lilimax:

Yeah but CAP Screeding Filler is the best for both interior and exterior purposesmiley
Excellent drying time and perfect finish.

The boss, question from a novice: what is the difference between cap screeding and cement screeding

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by amanikondo: 6:04am On Nov 16, 2016
gbadexy:

I only produce and supply the paints but I have dedicated painters that I recommend to clients.

Most of the painters have turned producer. How do you produce it?

See, I will rather go for a known brand because I may choose to repaint a section and I wont want to wait for you to produce.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2016
amanikondo:

Most of the painters have turned producer. How do you produce it?

See, I will rather go for a known brand because I may choose to repaint a section and I wont want to wait for you to produce.
I don't understand your post. Are you asking a genuine question or you are giving excuse why you won't patronize Me? In any case, you are entitled to what you want to do. I don't need to know.
I'm not a painter, I never did painting so I couldn't have turned from a painter to a producer. I mentioned it here severally that I only recommend painters.
I don't know how to answer how I produce. I would think it's obvious I produce how paint is produced. In any case, I have a steady Regal pop emulsion paint at jibowu, the headquarters of pop materials. So I'm not a totally obscure brand.
I've supplied many commercial terrace buildings in lagos that I'm not permitted to post and I'm still regularly supplying an estate project of terrace buildings in abuja.
If you have to choose any unique colour which is what my clients do anyway, you have not choice but to make payment and await delivery or even pick up after certain days,
If you patronize 'known brands' you would know that.
No company would stock different types of paint like emulsion, Graffitex, satin, matte, textured matte in over 100 different colors in commercial quantities !
You simply choose samples make payment and be told to come back.
Most especially if it's exterior stable colours that can't be tinted from white base but mixed from the scratch.

2 Likes

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2016
Onboard1:

The boss, question from a novice: what is the difference between cap screeding and cement screeding
The lady is most likely an agent trying to market.
What she is referring to is the ready to use putty.
I've supplied countless of those when only interputty and very few companies import them.
It's a base coat that doesn't need cement. It's in a paste form and you just apply.
Water doesn't affect it because it's not gypsum based. But water doesn't also affect cement screeding and it's much smoother. In fact you can't compare the smoothness and it's very cheap.
Even with local brands, you will get a drum of the ready mix putty for N8000 minimum.
And it covers only 20 sqm. Although they may say 25 sqm on the label and that doesn't include finish coat.
I don't do screeding, neither do I supply screeding materials, so I have no reason to give you a false information.
My pop emulsion paint distributors have their customers. I only supply and collect my money.

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Lilimax(f): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2016
Onboard1:

CAP screening filler is not cement base. It is not prone to Alkaline attack which is prevalent in cement screening. Therefore you must use an Alkali resisting primer to avoid this attack leading to extra cost.

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by Lilimax(f): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2016
allCopacetic:

Leads where ? Lagos or Nigeria.
Dulux paints are well made... so are a number of others. Some better.
Dulux DOESN'T rank within the top 10 in the world . I'm not even sure they're in the top 20.
Bros, google AKZO Nobel who is Dulux manufacturer worldwide. You'll see things yourself
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lilimax:
Bros, google AKZO Nobel who is Dulux manufacturer worldwide. You'll see things yourself
Then you should also be aware of the likes of
Valspar
Sherwin-Williams
Nippon etc
These are world class paint/coating manufacturing companies.
Also, Dukux is just one of several brands manufactured by Akzo Nobel .
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by amanikondo: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
gbadexy:

I don't understand your post. Are you asking a genuine question or you are giving excuse why you won't patronize Me? In any case, you are entitled to what you want to do. I don't need to know.
I'm not a painter, I never did painting so I couldn't have turned from a painter to a producer. I mentioned it here severally that I only recommend painters.
I don't know how to answer how I produce. I would think it's obvious I produce how paint is produced. In any case, I have a steady Regal pop emulsion paint at jibowu, the headquarters of pop materials. So I'm not a totally obscure brand.
I've supplied many commercial terrace buildings in lagos that I'm not permitted to post and I'm still regularly supplying an estate project of terrace buildings in abuja.
If you have to choose any unique colour which is what my clients do anyway, you have not choice but to make payment and await delivery or even pick up after certain days,
If you patronize 'known brands' you would know that.
No company would stock different types of paint like emulsion, Graffitex, satin, matte, textured matte in over 100 different colors in commercial quantities !
You simply choose samples make payment and be told to come back.
Most especially if it's exterior stable colours that can't be tinted from white base but mixed from the scratch.

Alagba, I quoted you. You said you produce paint in part of your comments and I asked you how do you produce paint. From your explanation, you do not produce paint but mix paint with your own creativity.

I am also entitled to my own opinion because I like to get a consistent color incase I want more of the same later.

I too buy paint like almost every week and I know there is no way you will have the color you want instantly because it has to be mixed for you.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
amanikondo:

Alagba, I quoted you. You said you produce paint in part of your comments and I asked you how do you produce paint. From your explanation, you do not produce paint but mix paint with your own creativity.

I am also entitled to my own opinion because I like to get a consistent color incase I want more of the same later.

I too buy paint like almost every week and I know there is no way you will have the color you want instantly because it has to be mixed for you.

I actually produce paint from the scratch. Maybe it's the term you have problem with.
Let's say I mix paint from the start starting with water to finished paint.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
These are the interior painted pictures of the building.
Cement screeding was used for the interior. I have always maintained that cement screeding is smoother.

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
Some more pictures.

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by allCopacetic: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
gbadexy:
Some more pictures.
lovely

1 Like

Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by gbadexy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
allCopacetic:

lovely
Thanks boss.
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by folmus: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2016
mufutau55:

Make sure your pocket is full o. I have used Gbadexy paints in many of my projects and no complaints.

Hajji M.

If Hajj M. says it, it must be right. I will work harder. Penned the name down already for my project. I be kobo kobo small boy o. grin
Re: Painting Diary Of A Nairalander's House. by mufutau55(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
folmus:

If Hajj M. says it, it must be right. I will work harder. Penned the name down already for my project. I be kobo kobo small boy o. grin

LOL! We have to look for way to save money o.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isheri Construction - 4 Bedroom Luxury Duplex with 2 Bed BQ / Photos From The Fire Outbreak At Marina This Morning / Cost Of Buying A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.