Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card (2066 Views)

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ / Fayose: I Went To Court With Perfume To Burn My PDP Cards & Flags If Sheriff Won / Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says 'I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by emmydollars4life(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
PARIS, NOVEMBER 12, 2016: (DGW) FRESH facts have , indeed , emerged on the alleged tearing of the Peoples' Democratic Party membership card by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Our source who spoke recently to the aide of the former President of Nigeria in Abuja, Nigeria said Chief Olusegun Obasanjo did not openly tear his PDP membership card as widely reported by the Nigerian press.

Recall sometime in 2015, the ex-president while speaking at the Global Education and Skills Forum, (GESF) in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate, said he did not tear his PDP membership card adding that he is not aware, maybe somebody else did it if the story that made the rounds then was anything to go by.

According to the former President, '' “I didn’t openly tear my PDP membership card; somebody else may have torn it because I said to him, ‘Here is the card, do whatever you like with it.

“If you like keep it; if you like tear it, if you like burn it. Here it is because they say it is giving them concern and they don’t know what is happening.

''I did that to prove to them what is happening; I could not have torn the party's membership card.”

This is in wake of the alleged threats made by Nigeria's literary giant , Prof Wole's Soyinka to tear his American Green Card if Donald Trump wins the US presidential election.

Obasanjo's aide faulted the threat adding that it amounts to a criminal offence which is not only actionable but also punishable that is capable of earning Soyinka a custodial sentence if the threat is by any act of omission or commission carried out.

Speaking further, our source produced a photograph of the former president where he publicly displayed his PDP membership card saying that Obasanjo though no longer an active member of the former ruling party did not tear the party's property knowing full well what it would amount to.

Criticizing Wole Soyinka he said , ''my Oga (Obasanjo) was not expelled at any time from the party, he chose to 'step aside' for the wrongs that were done to him, he is, in fact, not like Wole Soyinka who threatened to tear his American Green Card as if he has any political axe to grind with Trump. My Oga did not at any time threaten to tear his PDP card or did it himself for all I know.''

On the contrary, pictorial evidence in the photograph below shows where what looks like the card under contention was actually torn. What is being called in question here, however, is if the damaged property belongs to the former President since he has repeatedly and consistently denied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Nukualofa: 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why all the Yoruba men come dey misyarn like this

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by DonALdep(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by otukpo(f): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
Obasanjo, your PDP card, your business.
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Sibrah: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
But he kept quiet until his mistake, GEJ, was corrected. . . . Nice maneuvre.
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by ceda99: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Who cares?
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by drskyfly007(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
Shock which Nigerians Who cares....men de reason better thing this one de talk shock cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by boyt1: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Na so all dem witches wey support buhari to become President go confess & surrender

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Bethelwealthy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Obj! Obj!! Obj!!!
Na so you wan fall my hand.
This NATIONAL lie o, Cus we saw you on NATIONAL tv......
ok.
Meanwhile, Kindly vote for my Brother, TEMIDAYO, and his story, "ILLUSION", in the Etisalat Flash Fiction Award. Just a click, and a like, and your vote will go a long way to power a bold voice to life. find the link below:
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=51
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by ahamonyeka(m): 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Old fool deceiving 170 million nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by gfullmoon(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
2019 Chess game killer opening gathering.
Alliance, counter allliance. It is only a fool who does not change his mind, we all change our minds . 2019 is change the change or die.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by afanide: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
He's irrelevant in PDP so we dont need him.

Tinubu would even be more relevant should he decide to join PDP. As it stands now, that man called OBJ is as irrelevant as Amaechi in APC.....
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Chugavey(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Truly, Afonjaism is not just in the blood but in the gene as well. Say one and do another. Kai how came Fela escaped these traits?
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by ever811(m): 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
fear this people with double tongue....
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Incrizz(f): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2016
But I watched you tear it on TV dear OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by aresssa: 12:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Another dumb and idiotic source less ipob made up trash...

I don't even know the meaning of Nigerians are shocked. Abi Igbos all of a sudden don become Nigerians...

Useless and jobless losers...
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, I Didn't Tear My PDP Membership Card by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Now I really understand why they are called Afonjas. Cameleons! But Op where is yours source

(1) (Reply)

Crisis Hit Ruling Party As Buhari Finally Pick 2019 Running Mate / See What Business Mogul Ayiri Emami Was Seen Doing With His Friends In Warri / Nigerian Air Force Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.