Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC (21719 Views)

‎IPOB: Don’t Believe The Lies About Me, Atiku Tells Nigerians / Fulfill Your Promise To Nigerians – Atiku Tells Buhari / You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by zakim(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has denied being a corrupt person, a label that was created in the wake of a political tussle between him and former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Atiku made this known in an interview with some officials from the media team of the EFCC, published in the latest edition of the anti-graft agency’s Zero Tolerance Magazine.

Responding to a question on how allegations of corruption became his albatross in the race for the presidency in 2006, he said: “well if Atiku is corrupt, he would have been found guilty of corruption by all the panels and probes and cases brought before courts.”

He said: “I remember the only corruption indictment against me was a white paper which was cooked up by our own administration over night to including the very EFCC that I helped found and other cabinet ministers, which I challenged in court.”

He said: “the court rightly dismissed all those indictments as being mere political; and till today nobody has ever indicted me of corruption.”

Also responding to allegations of corruption leveled against him by the Governor of Kaduna State, el-Rufai’s in his book Accidental Public Servant, Atiku said el-Rufai did not give any evidence or prove where I was corrupt.

He added that: “this is the same el-Rufai and others who incorporated Transcorp during my time as Vice President and offered me shares and I declined.”

“I wrote to them officially to say it was unethical of me to have accepted those offers, so, where is the corruption toga coming from.” He said.

Asked to explain the bribe scandal of N50 million, involving Senator Ibrahim Mantu, Jonathan Zwingina and others during el-Rufai ministerial confirmation screening, Atiku said: “No, that is absolutely not true.”

Atiku noted that el-Rufai ran to him and complained that he was denied confirmation by the Senate, adding that he called Mantu and others and confronted them.

He said: “It is also on record, because I controlled campaign funds, every Senator benefited from those funds; and el-Rufai now went and said those campaign funds were meant to be bribe.”

He said: “of course my boss, the president, investigated the story and found out that indeed every Senator got contributions from the campaign fund which I was managing. So where is the corruption in that?”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-i-am-not-corrupt-atiku-tells-efcc/171639.html#7xw5PbMBx3tvQ7UV.99

1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
Who is that person that said Atiku is corrupt

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by NaijaMutant(f): 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ok
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by agwom(m): 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
i hope so..
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by ceda99: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Story for the gods

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by richidinho(m): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
zakim:

He said: “of course my boss, the president, investigated the story and found out that indeed every Senator got contributions from the campaign fund which I was managing. So where is the corruption in that?”

Same campaign funds that Dasuki was managing that earned him a year in prison?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by veekid(m): 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2016

na you go speak for yourself?
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Noblesoul123: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
These days, everyone has their own definition of corruption. Not too long ago, one even said its not the same thing as stealing

21 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Lazyreporta(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
grin

He's not a thief.

He's a criminal grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Obiwannn: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
Atiku will you STFU

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Tunmmyzhe: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
ole oniro jatijati

very soon Ipob will adopt you too

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
The lies that men tell...
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by yomibelle(f): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
i agree!
he isnt corrupt

he is just crooked grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Maybe there is a new/updated definition of corruption that Atiku knows that Nigerians don't know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by dunkem21(m): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2016

He added that: “this is the same el-Rufai and others who incorporated Transcorp during my time as Vice President and offered me shares and I declined.”

“I wrote to them officially to say it was unethical of me to have accepted those offers,..

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by LaPresidente(m): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
alright
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Taaaaa

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by MzMercie: 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
All Nigerian politicians are corrupt, it's as if it's part of the oath they took

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by olafunny(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by 4Play(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
For those who query why the EFCC only questions personalities linked to GEJ, here you go. Atiku has been questioned by the EFCC:

Atiku made this known in an interview with some officials from the media team of the EFCC, published in the latest edition of the anti-graft agency’s Zero Tolerance Magazine.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by siraj1402(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
If there is any word we can use than corrupt you are only you are wise.
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Obiwannn: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
50 million naira campaign funds? And one wonders why we are currently in a recession?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by kingcomet(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
naso kamnukwa
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by biggie73(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
2019 on Buhari's mind.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by EbiJUNIRO(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
stories for the gods abeg
tis berra nt to xpose urself by urself
what's corruption sef
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
Obasanjo really did serious damage to Atiku's political career. He has not been able to recover from the smear campaign Obasanjo launched against him.

Atiku is doing all he can to warm his way into the hearts of the electorate. I hopefully pray he succeeds this time.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Atiku is a slippery snake and all his political associates need be wary of him. Im presently reading former President Obassanjo"s book 'my watch', and in his narrative he has nothing but uncomplimentary words to describe Atiku and his shady character. I believe obassanjo's account

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Dreal11247: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
One of the richest politician in Nigeria. How did you get your money. As you are busy preparing for your presidential race, OBJ is busy perfecting how to stop you.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by Dinobi77: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
No naa, mbanu, how can u be corrupt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by oseiwe(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
am I?
Re: ‘I Am Not Corrupt,’ Atiku Tells EFCC by 4nobody4every1: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
Obiwannn:
50 million naira campaign funds? And one wonders why we are currently in a recession?
The way they loot and embezzle public money is alarming sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HURIWA Carpets Muhammad Tanko For Stoking Religious Conflict / Cash Transfer: We’re Scrutinising National Social Register – Senate / Killings: NEC Recommends Ban On Herdsmen Movement In Five States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.