Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,925 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Alfa - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alfa (22385 Views)

I Need A Good Alfa / After Almighty Allah Who Is Next Ur Parents Or Alfa? / Is There Any Strong Islamic Alfa That Can Pray To Help Me Get Debtors To Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 5:10am On Nov 03, 2009
Alfas are like babalawos in Islam. They can see the future and predict what is going to happen. Are their gifts from Allah?. If not, why did islam approve it?

2. Can a woman be Alfa?; if not, why?
Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 5:37am On Nov 03, 2009
Those alfas are not muslim because they have committed the greatest sin which is shirk, they are soothsayers, they unite with jinn to do their ungodly act, nobody knows the future except Allah.
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 6:04am On Nov 03, 2009
Abuzola:

Those alfas are not muslim because they have committed the greatest sin which is shirk, they are soothsayers, they unite with jinn to do their ungodly act, nobody knows their future except Allah. 

If you don't know their future because they have sinned against Allah, why condemn apostates to death since they are guilty of the same crime?. Why not allow Allah to judge them since you don't know their future?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 9:13am On Nov 03, 2009
See this

'verily , Allah forgives not shirk but He forgives other than that if He pleases, and whoever ascribe a partner to Allah has invented a tremendous sin' Quran 4:48

1 Like

Re: Alfa by luvola(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
dose alfa ar babalawo. done
Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
Yeah
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
luvola:

dose alfa ar babalawo. done

Why do Alfas front as imams that can provide help in some cases?
Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
Na u sabi with ur absurd question, am telling you that they are herectic, whoever follow them is led astray
Re: Alfa by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2009
Abuzola:

Na u sabi with your absurd question, am telling you that they are herectic, whoever follow them is led astray
I think we need to understand something. Not all alfas are heretic.  Any alfa that claims to see the future or engage in fortune telling or engage in fetish practices is the one that is deviant. The fact that someone is addressed as alfa doesn't automatically mean he is heretic or fetish. There are authentic alfas that know that those fetish practices are wrong and don't engage in it.

Aloy~Emeka:

Alfas are like babalawos in Islam. They can see the future and predict what is going to happen. Are their gifts from Allah?. If not, why did islam approve it?

2. Can a woman be Alfa?; if not, why?
Islam did not approve predicting the future and claiming to know the future. But this should not be confused with dream, as there are authentic dreams where Allah can decide to show someone what will ahppen in the future.

The definition of alfa as used in Yoruba language is complex.
If alfa is defined to mean someone who predicts and foretells the future, whether man or woman, it is not approved
If alfa is defined to mean someone with Islamic knowledge, of course a woman can be knowledgeable in Islam
If alfa is defined as someone that preaches Islam, yes, a woman can preach provided she observes Islamic rules regarding women
These are just some of the ways alfa is used in Yoruba language.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
Haba jarus, you should know that am referring to the fortune teller alfas, even in hausa, muslim soothsayer are refer to as mallam. You can confirm
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2009
the muslims already know what the truth is of alfa and or mallam. ilm is knowledge. those who associate theirs with jinn involvement, talking about future, playing God shall have their place in Hell-Fire.

its the non-muslims who are naive about these things, and of cause the hypocrites among the muslims, hiding their disbelief.
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 5:51am On Nov 05, 2009
Jarus:

The definition of alfa as used in Yoruba language is complex.
If alfa is defined to mean someone who predicts and foretells the future, whether man or woman, it is not approved
If alfa is defined to mean someone with Islamic knowledge, of course a woman can be knowledgeable in Islam
If alfa is defined as someone that preaches Islam, yes, a woman can preach provided she observes Islamic rules regarding women
These are just some of the ways alfa is used in Yoruba language.

Does it mean that Islam disapproves prophecy and prophets?.
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2009
unlike christianity, the last prophet in Islam was Muhammad (as). so in over 1400 years, you will see that Islam being completely formed and finalized does not change. it is not discarding any of its elements, and adopting something new. we cant say the same for christianity.

so it is only in christianity that you have future tellers, fortune tellers, soothsayers, etc, and no surprise that your religion changes as the world turns, so it turns with it, including all the trimings of having prophets and prophetess! i wonder what the prophetess does when she has her monthly periods, with excruciating pain and she cant even stand up, or when she is in her first trimester with all the morning sicknesses, throwing up, or wen she is in labor trying to deliver the child of god, child of mother prophet? she cant fortell the condition of the prophetess? lol.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2009
Lmao
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
olabowale:

unlike christianity, the last prophet in Islam was Muhammad (as). so in over 1400 years, you will see that Islam being completely formed and finalized does not change. it is not discarding any of its elements, and adopting something new. we cant say the same for christianity.

so it is only in christianity that you have future tellers, fortune tellers, soothsayers, etc, and no surprise that your religion changes as the world turns, so it turns with it, including all the trimings of having prophets and prophetess! i wonder what the prophetess does when she has her monthly periods, with excruciating pain and she cant even stand up, or when she is in her first trimester with all the morning sicknesses, throwing up, or wen she is in labor trying to deliver the child of god, child of mother prophet?  she cant fortell the condition of the prophetess? lol.

Why did Allah quit using people as prophets after muhammed(Pbuh). Does it mean that modern day muslims have no use for prophecy?
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2009
Quran is enough to guide. Authentic ahadith and sunnah are enough as example. What else is there, specifically when Allah is Complete and alway Alive?
Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
Yes sir, we are proud to be a muslim, my house will be next to Olabowale's house in paradise. Wow the cherish is unstoppable, can't wait
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2009
Amin. Allahumma Amin!
Re: Alfa by PurestBoy(m): 1:34am On Nov 06, 2009
Abuzola:

Yes sir, we are proud to be a muslim, my house will be next to Olabowale's house in paradise. Wow the cherish is unstoppable, can't wait

and also share from his 72 virgins, Oh I forgot each musulimu has awaiting 72 harlots
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 2:33am On Nov 06, 2009
purestboy, better than you guys sharing one another's spouses; passe passe sidey sidey, passe passe wifey wifey, passe passe husbandy husbandy. if i like what i see of his hourihin, Allah will give me mine. if he likes what i have, Allah will give him his! if i dont do harlot on earth, there is no need for it in Paradise, and paradise is forbidden to you, anyway, since you only wish for heaven!

No?

1 Like

Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 2:48am On Nov 06, 2009
Abuzola:

Nobody said you are ashamed to be muslim. Stop reassuring us about your Islamic pride. I don't know why this brother of yours below was not in a hurry to see his 72 virgins yet he sent others along. Is he gay or what? wink wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-348027.0.html
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 2:49am On Nov 06, 2009
olabowale:

purestboy, better than you guys sharing one another's spouses; passe passe sidey sidey, passe passe wifey wifey, passe passe husbandy husbandy. if i like what i see of his hourihin, Allah will give me mine. if he likes what i have, Allah will give him his! if i dont do harlot on earth, there is no need for it in Paradise, and paradise is forbidden to you, anyway, since you only wish for heaven!

No?

Who forbade him from paradise?
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 2:51am On Nov 06, 2009
olabowale:

Quran is enough to guide. Authentic ahadith and sunnah are enough as example. What else is there, specifically when Allah is Complete and alway Alive?

Is it the same Hadith that Abuzola and you could not agree on which one is authentic or not?
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 5:13am On Nov 06, 2009
Aloy~Emeka, my man, ahadith is ike the Bible. In it you have what is authentic, by its correspondency with the Quran. In the Bible you have what comes from God and His prophets.

In ahadith you have what is questionable, as it does not give a clear corrolation to Quranic verse. Similar is what you find in the Bible that is vague and no clear indication and you guys twist to sooth your warp agenda.

in the last case is clearly lies, having no ability to pass as the things Muhammad (AS) will say, because it opposes any and all Quranic verses. What correspond to this is the pure lies that Paul and company and others say about God and His Angels and His Messengers and Prophets (AS)!

While Abuzola are at least engaged in healthy arguments about what we deem doubtful by one of us, we agree on what is clear in ahadith.

But you, a christian will not disagree with another Christian as long as the lies fit your agenda, reclusing you from taking responsibility of you. A human being is called God and you gullibly take it up, hook, line and sinker! The same human who bleeds, uses the bathroom and must clean himself up, etc? Smart man, snap out of it!

1 Like

Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2009
True talk sir olabowale, hadith is like the bible we have truth and falsehood hadith and thats why the poor or weak hadith are refer to as 'Daif or Doif'
Re: Alfa by muhsin(m): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
Abuzola:

Haba jarus, you should know that am referring to the fortune teller alfas, even in hausa, muslim soothsayer are refer to as mallam. You can confirm

Confirmed.

BTW, pls leave this thread alone. Why? He (Emeka) asked a question and was promtly answered. Yet he's trying to degenarate to something else. Haba?
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 3:18am On Nov 07, 2009
olabowale:

Aloy~Emeka, my man, ahadith is ike the Bible. In it you have what is authentic, by its correspondency with the Quran. In the Bible you have what comes from God and His prophets.

In ahadith you have what is questionable, as it does not give a clear corrolation to Quranic verse. Similar is what you find in the Bible that is vague and no clear indication and you guys twist to sooth your warp agenda.

in the last case is clearly lies, having no ability to pass as the things Muhammad (AS) will say, because it opposes any and all Quranic verses. What correspond to this is the pure lies that Paul and company and others say about God and His Angels and His Messengers and Prophets (AS)!

While Abuzola are at least engaged in healthy arguments about what we deem doubtful by one of us, we agree on what is clear in ahadith.

But you, a christian will not disagree with another Christian as long as the lies fit your agenda, reclusing you from taking responsibility of you. A human being is called God and you gullibly take it up, hook, line and sinker! The same human who bleeds, uses the bathroom and must clean himself up, etc? Smart man, snap out of it!

Hadith is not like the bible. There are no controversies in the bible about what to believe or not. Bible is the word of God but Hadith is the word of hadith, why compare both of them?
Re: Alfa by Abuzola(m): 6:15am On Nov 07, 2009
Emeka lying is bad, if there are no controversy about what to believe in the bible like hadith then simply show us:
The book of Esther
The book of Baruch
The book of tabias
The book of judith
etc, all these are part of the bible but today they were concealed, there is huge disagreement between the protestant and catholic, isn't this what constitute to Controversy ?

1 Like

Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Emeka lying is bad, if there are no controversy about what to believe in the bible  like hadith then simply show us:
The book of Esther
The book of Baruch
The book of tabias
The book of judith
etc, all these are part of the bible but today they were concealed, there is huge disagreement between the protestant and catholic, isn't this what constitute to Controversy ?
grin grin grin At least you've accepted that the hadith is unreliable. If you want me to answer other questions, open a thread in the christian section and watch me put you to shame. Have you heard of the word"apocrypha"?
Re: Alfa by olabowale(m): 1:36am On Nov 08, 2009
@Aloy~Emeka; « #26 on: Yesterday at 03:18:00 AM »
Hadith is not like the bible. There are no controversies in the bible about what to believe or not.
you must be kidding me, if mark 12 verse 29, 'oh israel you Lord and my Lord is but One God', say jesus, means that means the same thing as the John;s verse 'i and God are one'? if not know that the Bible contradicts itself. infact, i restrict my proofs to nt, only. go look at it, a peep into the greatest opposing book, against itself. the damage here is that you dont even know it, though you see it, you have a reader block. lol.

Bible is the word of God but Hadith is the word of hadith, why compare both of them?
are you okay, emeka, saying hadith is the word of hadith? bible is the word of God? if i show you what paul says, or another entity, including jesus and his mother, that will prove you wrong. no? what will you do; leave christianit, my primary objective? i wanna see you take the bait.
Re: Alfa by AloyEmeka6: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2009
What bait are you talking about?. Should a pious muslim by the way be setting baits for people?

(1) (Reply)

What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam / How To Cure Masturbation Addiction In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.