Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo (52179 Views)

Why You Must Get The Book OGBANJE By Dr Caséy Amaefule / The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee / Cups Of Coffee With Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Eniqurl(f): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
liljboy:
mehn... I've been nursing my wounded heart, eniqurl no try sha, but it's all good. I still miss her tho
I swear I think say u dn leave NL fr us oooh... M too soft, I can't break someone's heart..... Hfinest1 continue.. Badbelle undecided
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Emmiasky(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Next pls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by xaviercasmir(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
pls more update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Chai, this Toks En, cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by damsel14(f): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dr ogo.... Following

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Eniqurl:
I swear I think say u dn leave NL fr us oooh... M too soft, I can't break someone's heart..... Hfinest1 continue.. Badbelle undecided
I won't like to turn this place into 'online lovers reunion " but I, I, I just miss you
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by pinkycute(f): 4:23am On Nov 28, 2016
Chaii.... I've really missed a lot here... Long time hfinest1 and thanks for the invite....

hfinest1:
following... I'm in love with the story already

cc: eniqurl Hurklan liljboy jboixx pinkycute Ritababe yinks89 call the others...

Ogodlovely1 got me glues here already

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 8:56am On Nov 28, 2016
When he gets to the table, he serves Richard with a smile on his face. He avoids looking at Ekanem.

"Enjoy your meal sir!" , Toks says to Richard .

"Thanks "Richard replies.

Toks returns to the back of the counter to continue working.Occasionally , he steals another cold glance at Ekanem .She also steals glances at him when Richard drinks his cup of hot cocoa.

Richard's phone rings suddenly. He speaks to the person at the other end of the line with anxiety in his voice and eventually ends the call.

"Eky ! I have to leave now.The manager of my factory was involved in an accident. I need to go and see him in the hospital ",he says to her .

"I hope he is not so badly injured? .I will give you a call later" , she replies as he gets up to leave.

Ekanem's admiration for Richard stems from his caring and hardworking nature.He is still able to give world class lectures despite the fact that he owns a flask producing factory and a well known furniture shop.

After some minutes Toks comes to clear Ekanem's table. Ekanem assists him in putting plates together and places them on the tray.As she gives him one of teacups, the tip of his fingers touch her palms. She looks up and sees him looking into her eyes.

"Why are you clearing the table?. Don't you have a waiter? "she asks as she quickly moves her gaze away from him .

"They are busy", he replies with a small frown on his face.

"Okay "she replies .

She wonders in her heart why he sounded a bit hostile to her. Ekanem picks her small purse, says thank you to Toks at the counter and leaves the coffee shop.

Ekanem goes home and changes into an orange top and white shorts. She lies on her bed reading gossip blog posts on the Internet.

At about 7pm,she hears her door bell ring.Chichi is yet to return from work so Ekanem quickly walks to the front door to see who is there.

She sees someone who looks like Toks from the glass peep hole and opens the door.

Ekanem sees Toks wearing a black leather jacket on a pair of faded black jean trousers. She looks at the pair of black boots he put on plus the rust coloured helmet which he holds with his left hand.

"Hi Ekanem!" he says with a smile .

"Hi, what are you doing here? and why are you dressed like this?" ,she replies.

I delivered some snacks to a customer that lives close to you .I also came to apologise for sounding a bit harsh to you earlier, he says to her.

"Hmmm, I didn't know you guys deliver as well" she replies .

"We started delivery to offices and homes last week. I still have one more order to drop off. Do you want to join me, He asks with a smile.

4 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2016
angry I hate this kind of suspense in the morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2016
Lol.more loading soon.
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2016
In Jenifa's voice.....waz strong in diz Toks of a shild ma sef.....Eky u beta b very careful

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Nmaglit: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Don't knw wat to say bt am following
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
This Toks is a very funny somebori oooo grin grin...
Make ekanem follow him go where?

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Hardybattee45: 12:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Na so love dey start the girl no go get peace of mind again grin....ogodlovely tanx for updating

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Hurklan(m): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2016
I h8 suspense oo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Obagoal4u(m): 7:19am On Nov 29, 2016
good work bae...... BT the way u are uploading would make people to lose interest in d story. candid opinion!!!

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 7:30am On Nov 29, 2016
When you have a very busy schedule , regular uploads are a little challenging. Will upload today.thanks guys

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by swankmee(f): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2016
I see and smell 'luv' btwn ekanem and toks kissI

I am loving ur story ma'am... Kip it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2016
Ekanem hesitates for some minutes. She figures that since she doesn't really have anything much to do at the moment, she might as well enjoy the adventure.

"Oh well, I will join you provided you have a helmet for me to wear" she replies .

She goes inside to put on a proper footwear and a jacket.

Toks takes her to where he packed the bike .She looks at the dark orange power bike with admiration and says to him;

" Hmmmm, see the kind of sophisticated motorbike your boss gave to you guys to do deliveries.You must be making a lot of profit in this bad economy" ,she says to him.

"The owner of the shop is a perfectionist and a stickler for efficiency. Power bikes are very efficient", he replies .

He gives Ekanem the helmet to put on while he wore his on his head .When he sees her struggling to secure the helmet on her head,he takes it from her.

Toks gently places the helmet on her head and fastens the chin straps so that they fit snugly on her face. He uses his fingers to ensure that the side straps are flat on her face, all the while looking into Ekanem's beautiful brown eyes.

He then enters the bike and leans to his left side to enable her get on the power bike easily.

He puts the key in the ignition and starts the bike ."Are you ready ? ", he says to her .

"Yes !" ,she yells with excitement

"I can't believe I am about to do this ", she says to herself .

Initially ,when the ride begins,she is a bit scared of falling off the bike but after a while , She holds his well toned abdomen with her two hands to feel more secure and comfortable.

It takes him about 25 minutes to get to his destination. He allows her come down first before getting down.

Ekanem waits for him by the corner while he delivers a box of donuts and cheese cake to his client.

He smiles as he walks back towards Ekanem. They both enter the motor bike again and head back to her house.

The ride seems faster this time around . Ekanem feels so free and relaxed as the cold night breeze blows on her face.

When they get to her house, Ekanem sees Chichi's car parked in front of the house.

Toks and Ekanem get down from the power bike. He helps her remove the helmet.

"I actually had more fun than I expected", Ekanem says to him with a smile.

"It was nice having someone to ride with" he replies .

There is a brief silence before Ekanem says " I have to go inside now".

"Oh!okay, have a good night" Toks replies.

As she turns around to enter her house, Toks says "I have something for you ".
He quickly brings out a rectangular box from his pocket and gives it to her.

"What's this?"she asks .

"Open it . It's just a token", he replies.

Ekanem opens and brings out a black ball point pen with gold Ryan's coffee shop inscription on it .

"I just want you to think of the café whenever you make use of the pen" ,he says to her with a smile.

"Thank you. You will make a good marketer", she replies.

She says goodnight again to him and goes inside the room.

She enters her living room and sees Chichi asks she hurriedly sits on the sofa.

"Eheheh, madam welcome oh!" Chichi says to her with a mischievous smile .

"Thanks dear, I see you are back from work", she replies in a shy manner.

"Yes I am, come and sit down and give me the full gist of this your hot biker boyfriend", she says to her excitedly.

Chichi please leave me oh. Which one is boyfriend? .He is just a coffee maker at Ryan's coffee shop, she replies.

"Hmmm, if you say so my dear .Coffee maker versus PhD holder /lecturer .The combo no balance well oh" she says in a playful manner.

"Chichi goodnight,you're so silly",Ekanem replies with a smile and goes into her room.

Ekanem takes a hot shower and lies on her bed.

"Why am I even kidding myself? I don't believe Toks likes me. He is probably just a friendly person. Besides what are the chances of a coffee maker /seller and a lecturer getting married. Mum would probably burst an artery", she says .

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by teel123(f): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2016
Dr Ogo you. Know that oliver wants more plsssss. I see love in d Air.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by dimssy(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2016
Ogodlovely1,I have something for you.....update please.
Who want food ooo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Hurklan(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2016
Just because u av somethn 4 her, u kp us in suspense abi, kwontinue ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2016
pinkycute:
Chaii.... I've really missed a lot here... Long time hfinest1 and thanks for the invite....

you're welcome dear... if I don't call my crew, who will?
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Eniqurl:
lol... u that broke my heart a hundred times cos of that boy... or u think I wasn't heart broken when u told me u have a boyfriendsadundecided
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2016
liljboy:
ohhhhhh you take am serious... lol.
I know say na play u dey play nau... I don even dey happy small say she don break ur heart... I don dey think say I fit come in at this point...
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by hfinest1(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2016
liljboy:
I won't like to turn this place into 'online lovers reunion " but I, I, I just miss you
hmmmmm.... this kind love... Chai! God go do my own for me soon... I'm a believer
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
hfinest1:
I know say na play u dey play nau... I don even dey happy small say she don break ur heart... I don dey think say I fit come in at this point...
what we have is solid. German floor plus interlocking...
hfinest1:
hmmmmm.... this kind love... Chai! God go do my own for me soon... I'm a believer
yes oooo but with another girl o
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
mhmmmm.....naso e dey take startooooooo

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Abi oh
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MZmitchelle: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Love nwantiti coming very soon

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ekanem wakes up the following morning feeling unusually excited.

She remembers that she didn't get a feedback yesterday from Richard about his employee so she decides to give him a call.

"Hi Richie!" , she says to him.

"Hello Eky.Sorry for not calling you when I returned from the hospital", he says to her with a soft voice.

"Don't bother yourself dear , how's he doing? "she asks Richard.

"He will be fine, no life threatening injuries. Where are you? ", he replies.

"I am at home, enjoying my holiday",she says to him in a playful manner.

"We could hang out today, I have no lectures today ", he replies.

"Do you have any place in mind ?" She asks him.

"We could grab lunch at this new seafood restaurant down town", he says to her.

"Okay! 1pm would be perfect", Ekanem replies.

"See you then", he says and ends the conversation .

Just as she ends the call, Chichi enters her room after knocking.

"Hmm ! love in Ekocity! , I can see that you and this your biker. ...oops dispatch rider guy are on cloud 9 " , she says excitedly.

"Chichi leave me alone ! .Besides that was Richard", she replies.

"Really! how is he doing? .When is he going to visit us again?. How's his girlfriend?. Are they still an item? ", she asks Ekanem in a shy manner.

"Hmmm, Chichi all these questions are beginning to scare me. I thought you were serious about Roland. The last time we spoke about him,you said he is your soul mate. What was the word you used ...hmm I think you said he is the one" ,Ekanem says to her .

"Ahhh!can't I just ask about Richie. I don't even understand Roland nowadays. He doesn't call as he used to. Anyway I am still watching the guy in 4D, if he messes up, I will dump his behind like piece of garbage", she replies Ekanem.

They discuss for a while until Ekanem goes into the bathroom to freshen up for the day.

It is almost time for Ekanem to leave the house to meet Richard. She wears something simple and classy and puts on light make up.As she picks up her phone and purse ,her phone rings.

She sees an unknown number on her phone screen and goes ahead to pick it up.

"Hello good morning", she says to the unknown caller.

"It's me baby", the familiar voice replies .

"How many times will I tell you that I am not interested in dating you Philip? "Ekanem says angrily.

"You have refused to pick my calls. I had to use another person's phone to call you " ,he says with a soft voice.

"It's not going to work between us. We are not compatible. How else do you want me to explain myself to you", she says to him hastily.

As they argue with each other, the line cuts and just as she is about to put the phone inside her purse, the phone rings again.

She picks up the call with annoyance and says ," can you just give me some space?".

"I will do that if that's what you want", Toks replies.

"I am sorry, I thought you were someone else " Ekanem replies in a fidgety manner.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Nmaglit: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Abeg ogo who b D caller hop no b person wey go com put sand sand ekanem garri biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Finding Love / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.