Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

$2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana (601 Views)

Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki / Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister / Treasury Looters Should Rot In Jail They Don't Deserve Bail- Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by ipreach: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2016
…Says US has banned sale of war planes to Nigeria over rights violation by FG

Human Rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct the Department of State Services, DSS, to comply with the order of the ECOWAS Court and release detained Col Sambo Dasuki (retd), ex-National Security Adviser, on bail without further delay. According to Falana, the continued violation of human rights of Nigerians by the federal government recently resulted in the United States of America banning the Buhari administration from purchasing war planes and other fighter aircraft to prosecute the war on terror in the North East.

In a statement, titled, Why FG Should Release Col Dasuki on Bail, Falana said, while the ban on sale of war planes might be questioned, in view of global fight against terrorism, the federal government should release all political detainees from custody and stop the Police and other security agencies from infringing on the rights of Nigerians.

Falana Falana Recalling that it was General Buhari who promulgated decree no 2 of 1984 to justify the detention of so called political extremists and other subversive elements, Falana said it was under the powers of the decree that former Military President, Babangida, got Buhari arrested and detained. The statement read: “Under the defunct military junta in Nigeria the Constitution was suspended while fundamental rights were put in abeyance.

To justify the detention of the so called political extremists and other subversive elements the Buhari/Idiagbon junta promulgated the State Security (Detention of Persons) Decree no 2 of 1984. “My colleagues and I in the human rights community were regularly detained under the preventive detention decree. But despite the draconian decree the courts never hesitated to order the release of several persons whose detention was patently illegal.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/2-1bn-arms-scam-fg-release-dasuki-bail-falana/

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by IAmOged(f): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2016
There is more to Dansuki case the average nigerians eyes can see but no matter what, justice as stated in d constitution should be upheld.

When a leader chooses Power over Justice...He becomes a Ruler....typical of all africa conservationist politicians like Buhari.
we dont need a ruler in Nigeria.
Na rulers, d likes of Obasanjo and d military juntas, destroyed dis great nation to dis extent

our DSS are just one inefficient bulldog, used by the present administration, to play Power-Justice, which is bad for our democracy..

Is it untill Dansuki; being jailed now but disguise as being detain, before his wrongs is been revealed?
this shows how crooked and lacking our DSS is compared to other countries National security arms.... what happen to covert, high tech support,professional investigations not all d Power Gra Gra they are doing.

if Buhari is bent on his vendetta disguise as probing of a thing....make he kuku ma kill Dansuki jor
mo see space breath jare...aarh..
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2016
I see
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2016
Falana's double standard is something I don't understand
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 15, 2016
I don't even know the system of government Nigeria is practising anymore whether Democracy, Cracydemo, Autocracy, Dictatorship or Military
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by mbaboy(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Falana good morning
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by littlewonders: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2016
derespect:
I don't even know the system of government Nigeria is practising anymore whether Democracy, Cracydemo, Autocracy, Dictatorship or Military

My brother, they like it mixed.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by sinistermind(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2016
He finally speaks. And I wonder what all these so called "Human Rights" lawyers and activists are doing while this administration is trampling on the rights of people. They will never speak up until it affects them directly.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by lomprico(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2016
I dont care about the dss, dasuki, dullarpo and the double mouthed falana.
Am concerned about this quote.
IAmOged:

our DSS are just one inefficient bulldog, used by the present administration, to play Power-Justice, which is bad for our democracy..

I want to liken it to the MODs in this site.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Some hyporites above me are saying Dasuki should be released but they will be the first to mete out jungle justice to a phone thief.

Dasuki and by extension, GEJ, must rot in jail.

Watch as some people whom he failed to build their Second Niger Bridge will come for my head
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by Nkemtreasure: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2016
OP, Op, Op,...... How many times did I call you?
Were and when did you see Dasuki's name in this 'Epistle'.
Re: $2.1bn Arms Scam: Why FG Should Release Dasuki On Bail – Falana by Caseless: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2016
The US should "gorohell" for all I care. Russia is the dream land!

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips To A Successful tenure as a leader ; Future leaders Only / Eko Disco Have Started Again. / Benue Deputy Speaker Hon. James Okefe Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.