Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police (27876 Views)

Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja Today (Graphic Photos) / Police Attack Protesting Shiite Members In Abuja,Teargas Them(pics) / Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Islie: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2016

Why we killed Shiite members in Kano – Police

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Idris Ibrahim, on Tuesday justified the killing of some Shiites members by policemen in Kano on Monday.

Ibrahim spoke with State House correspondents shortly after attending the launch of the 2017 Armed Forces Remembrance Emblem and Appeal Fund at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

About 15 Shiite members and one policeman were said to have lost their lives during the clash between the members of the sect and the police.

The clash was also said to have left no fewer than four policemen and 10 Shiite members injured.

When asked why policemen would resort to killing people while quelling protests, Ibrahim said his men were confronted by protesters who were armed to the teeth.

He said rather than condemning police action, Nigerians should sympathise with the policemen who were killed by those he described as miscreants.

“I agree with what you said (that Nigerians should not be killed while quelling riot) but when you have Nigerians armed to the teeth, killing police officers, I don’t think it happens anywhere.

“I think as Nigerians, we have to appreciate a dangerous situation, and be sympathetic with the police that are being killed by some of these miscreants,” he said.

Ibrahim said police officers who had responsibility to ensure law and order decided to move against the group known to always cause crisis.

He said it was unlawful for the sect members to block a major road.

The police boss said, “Obviously from time to time, we have been experiencing upheavals from this set of people.

“As police officers, we have responsibility to ensure there is law and order and when you have people taking over the whole country, dominating streets and buildings, we have to come in to maintain sanity in those areas.

“As of early yesterday (Monday), we got information that they were trying to block Kano to Zaria road. They later assembled in large number and our officers were deployed in the place to ensure freedom of movement of ordinary Nigerians.

“They attacked our officers, killed one of our officers. One has sustained an arrow wound on his head and obviously in such a situation, police have the responsibility to ensure free movement of people on the road. And that was what our officers did.”

Ibrahim added that policemen have the responsibility to ensure that no organisation or individuals constitute themselves into a government and block roads and buildings.

On the claim that the protesters have freedom of worship, the police boss said they could only worship inside mosques or churches and not on the main road.

He urged Nigerians to always respect other people’s rights while carrying out their activities.

http://punchng.com/igp-justifies-killing-shiite-members-kano/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by haywire07(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2016

On the claim that the protesters have freedom of worship, the police boss said they could only worship inside mosques or churches and not on the main road.

But even d normal Muslims always do that in FCT and the Northern states Na
Me I want all of dem to be eradicated jare . at least we will hav the real peace not the other peace dey use to talk about

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Izonpikin: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Were we expecting a different answer

Police ooo... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by VampireeM(f): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
I am not in support of the shiites actions because they have been constituting nuisance of recent but one of the police roles is to protect lives and not kill! Inspector Idris there is no tangible or moral justification for the police to start shooting people dead claiming they were armed to the teeth cause most of the victims were not armed at all! What happened to using tasers and shooting on the leg?? Nigerian police needs to undergo training by their foreign counterparts.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by OOOS: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
If caution is not taken, I really hope this Shi'ites of a thing won't be the next bad news after boko haram in this country

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
Everybody run, run, run
Everybody scatter scatter
Some people lost some bread
Someone nearly die
Someone just die
Police dey come, army dey come
Confusion everywhere
Hey, yeah
Seven minutes later
All don cool down, brother
Police don go away, army don disappear
Them leave sorrow, tears and blood
Them regular trademark
Them leave sorrow, tears and blood
Them regular trademark
That is why
Hey, yeah
Everybody run, run, run

God bless Fela Baba 70. Greatest prophet ever liveth

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by DuruCrusher(m): 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
Story story

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Chickah(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
stiory

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Turakidanjuma(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Christians should be very careful; From Information available to us, after they are done they will attack Christians more intensely in the north.

3 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by coptic: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
undecided

The day these Sunni Muslims in Nigeria conduct themselves like their Shiite counterparts, Nigeria will be a better place to live in.

The day your political, religious and social beliefs turn towards the spheres of secularism, liberalism, pro-tolerance, and pro-science, among others, is the day Nigeria will be great.

There's no better example of giving a dog a bad name to hang it than what this Saudi- and Qatar-backed Muslims are doing to the Shiites.

Fund Isis to eliminate them in the middle east, show all kinds of support for dogmatism, intolerance, conservatism and what not. Yet, e no do unna. Go school, unna no gree, allow others to go, mbanu. Haba mana. Now you are using mechanisms of the state to intimidate them into submission. Is it by force?

I have never seen a sect so averse to progress in my entire life.

The Shiites are too educated to take to terrorism and support your shiit agenda. And that is ts your problem.

Whatever happened to live and let's live?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by holatin(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
If dem no quicky curb dis people, dem go sprout out of controll like boko haram.
Two terrorist group will plunge us into civil unrest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by DLondonboiy: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
nawa
Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Josmila(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
While I think these uniform guys that wield guns can be high handed sometimes, I still think the practice of religion in Nigeria should be really checked and brought under some form of control. The practice of your religion shouldn't be a threat or an inconvenience to other

2 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hmm Good news... This method being used by the police is Brutal but very sure effective on these Shits..... Normal riot control procedures won't work

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by alizma: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
police are not robots so don't expect them to fold their hands watching you pick stones against them talk more of cutlass,guns, arrow etc. they also want to return to their wives and children but you don't expect them to do that by running away when you, a civilian pickup arms against them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by nely(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
that's there usual storu, armed to the teeth and they killed only one police man, where are the arms used to attack the policemen, how.many were arrested with arms..none, this Sunnis in power will never stop until they cleanse all shite members

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by OCTAVO: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
VampireeM:
I am not in support of the shiites actions because they have been constituting nuisance of recent but one of the police roles is to protect lives and not kill! Inspector Idris there is no tangible or moral justification for the police to start shooting people dead claiming they were armed to the teeth cause most of the victims were not armed at all! What happened to using tasers and shooting on the leg?? Nigerian police needs to undergo training by their foreign counterparts.
HMMM abeg shooting of leg no follow

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by awa(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
I am not a Muslim but I think this issue should be handle in a more civilized way than the way present admin is going about it.
Every law abiding citizen is as important as the other person.

3 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by alawaiss(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bloody lier. U killed innocent, unarmed & defenseless people. Y not sambisa? I, assured u, ur end is nigh. Justice wil alwayz triumph

8 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Bantino(m): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
You were following orders, chikena

No stories plz

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Beehshorp(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Naija is a country where uniformed men commit atrocities and their superiors end up backing them

2 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by chigoizie7(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
Armed to the tooth and the only person they could kill was just 1 police officer(all lives matter here o).

But don't u think that if these people are well armed, that more police officers will be dead?

Let them keep heating up the polity, the pot will soon over boil and we will all bear the consequences of the spill over

2 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
I am tired of this country.

U wan travel out TRUMP dey vex.

U wan remain here , NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT worst

2 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by nagodesmile18(f): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hmmm......small time dem go talk say police is ur friend.....ds shiites sef why dem no protest again today naa......

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by LadyAimy: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
holatin:
If dem no quicky curb dis people, dem go sprout out of controll like boko haram.
Two terrorist group will plunge us into civil unrest
good to see u
Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by sylvar02(m): 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
shit? poo?

still don't get the Shiii about this Shiite or what's their name.

Lies everywhere

Naija government = Nollywood

Anyways

[size=20pt]E kú rècéssìon èní ooo grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by profhezekiah: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
inferiority complex,adopting foreign way of managing crises is detrimental to our nation here, U mean police officers should nt defend n be killed like goat because it is dree duty to defend d country
VampireeM:

1 Like

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by Dajugba: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
VampireeM:

you don't stay in the North so don't type what you don't know. These set of people you stand for as a judge can harm you in the blink on an eyes. Not until you see how violent they are like most of us have witnessed, I will only say thanks to the police force. Perhaps by now you might be reading headlines of none Muslims killed.

4 Likes

Re: Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police by alaskido(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
littlewonders:
Did anyone expect less from them. They'll always be the people who can change statement to suit their bucket of evil.

Anyways, that's that. On the other news:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE SENATE

Happy Tuesday Pals!
I stumbled on this beautiful government policy that is worthy reading and applying for.......

Relief for everybody:
Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much poo (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided its self on the amount of poo it gives our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough poo, please bring this to the attention of your Congressional Representative,
who has been trained to give you all the poo you can handle.

Sincerely,

The Senate committee on Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

Eleyi kolewerk in the private sector but should be applied to government officials and politicians o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Supported Saraki To Be Senate President, Says Dogara / Herdsmen Killings: Tinubu Breaks Silence, Advocates For Rehabilitation Programs / Buhari’s Magic Hand And Other Photos From Campaign Trail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.