Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity (9915 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / Power Crisis ; See The Little Gadget That Rescued Me Last Night. PICTURES. / BUHARI GOVT: Eyeing Lagos Template To Solve Power Crisis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
Princek12:

I still don't get the mindset of our leaders. Won't our leaders be happy to know that his/her country has sufficient power to sustain domestic and industrial demands? Won't our leaders be happy to drive around at night and admonish the glowing beauty of light on different buildings and on street lights? Won't they be happy that their country is not being to subject to constant ridicule and embarrassment for lack of power which Jamaica, of all places, has?   The true potential our country, which is replete with intellectuals, has been curtailed because of lack of power, and the sad part is that it is such an easy fix. Why? Mbut why? Why now? It hurts. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

it is very easy to fix, however, some of the reason behind the inabilities not to be able to fix are
1. Politics : some of the people behind the importation of the generators are all members of the ruling parties and they have paid so much monies into the campaign of the elected officials and the leaders.

2. They have to do the interest of the stakeholders that are also into importation of the generators and those that are making money from the sales of gas for generating plants.

3. The govt is handicap cos most of the decision is made by those that dont want the best of the nation.

Till the FG can get rid of those kinda people, nothing for Nija.
So it is better to just decentralize power and allow the states to invest into their own power generation and that will give us a way to know who is doing what and who is doing nothing.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
I still don't get the mindset of our leaders. Won't our leaders be happy to know that his/her country has sufficient power to sustain domestic and industrial demands? Won't our leaders be happy to drive around at night and admonish the glowing beauty of light on different buildings and on street lights? Won't they be happy that their country is not being to subject to constant ridicule and embarrassment for lack of power which Jamaica, of all places, has?   The true potential of country replete with intellectuals has been curtailed because of lack of power, such an easy fix. Why? Mbut why? Why now? It hurts.

Mindset of the people =======> mindset of the leaders =====> BAD LEADERSHIP/CRIPPLED ECONOMY =========>Failed state

Unless the mindset of the people changes, we will continue to be like this for the next 200 years.Make no mistake about it.We will continue like this until we change.Everybody is greedy.Everybody wants to make N10,000 from 10 kobo.Everybody wants a share of the national cake but nobody believes they are causing part of the problem.

ALL OF WE PEOPLE NA THIEF.UNLESS WE CHANGE, NOTHING GO CHANGE.NA TRUE TALK BE DIS! ! !

Shikena.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Mindset of the people =======> mindset of the leaders =====> BAD LEADERSHIP/CRIPPLED ECONOMY =========>Failed state

Unless the mindset of the people changes, we will continue to be like this for the next 200 years.Make no mistake about it.We will continue like this until we change.Everybody is greedy.Everybody wants to make N10,000 from 10 kobo.Everybody wants a share of the national cake but nobody believes they are causing part of the problem.

ALL OF WE PEOPLE NA THIEF.UNLESS WE CHANGE, NOTHING GO CHANGE.NA TRUE TALK BE DIS! ! !

Shikena.

Yes, we are all the problems, however, the govt are in the position to make some things happen and give future to some people with some of their decision, but they have failed all, thereby making people to do all they can do in the name of survival
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Pharoh: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2009
The problem with Nigeria is simply Nigerians and the only solution is for progressive Nigerians to take the mantle of leadership and steer the ship ( Nigeria) to its desired destination without any obstacles from Retrogressive Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Princek12(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
Fhemmmy:

it is very easy to fix, however, some of the reason behind the inabilities not to be able to fix are
1. Politics : some of the people behind the importation of the generators are all members of the ruling parties and they have paid so much monies into the campaign of the elected officials and the leaders.

2. They have to do the interest of the stakeholders that are also into importation of the generators and those that are making money from the sales of gas for generating plants.

3. The govt is handicap cos most of the decision is made by those that dont want the best of the nation.

Till the FG can get rid of those kinda people, nothing for Nija.
So it is better to just decentralize power and allow the states to invest into their own power generation and that will give us a way to know who is doing what and who is doing nothing.
Great point. Decentralization, which will allow states to generate their own power, will expose those who are accountable. I wonder who those generator mafia folks are; they must be very powerful. They are probably Lebanese or Europeans, as only God knows.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
Yes, we are all the problems, however, the govt are in the position to make some things happen and give future to some people with some of their decision, but they have failed all, thereby making people to do all they can do in the name of survival

As they say "The leaders of a society are a product of that society".

Our so called leaders didn't fall from mars or flew in from jupiter.They are Nigerians like you,him,her,your dad,mom,child,wife, everybody you know. . .it's those people you know that are in government.Their actions are a reflection of what we really are in mind,body and soul.

Period!
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

As they say "The leaders of a society are a product of that society".

Our so called leaders didn't fall from mars or flew in from jupiter.They are Nigerians like you,him,her,your dad,mom,child,wife, everybody you know. . .it's those people you know that are in government.Their actions are a reflection of what we really are in mind,body and soul.

Period!

They never fell from the mass and they are product of our so called society, however, with the fake and dumb security they have built around themselves, they have forgotten where they came from and now act like people with pins up their a$$
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sometimes when we talk of government officials we refer to them as if they are Aliens or sub-humans from another realm. . .lol.

I'll give you an example.I have a distant uncle of mine who became an LGA chairman in my mom's hometown (RIP mom cry) .Before he became chairman, he was a jobless man who lived from hand to mouth for years.He tried everything from working in general hospital as a doctor (he got sacked for reasons i don't know about),He tried to lift drugs unsuccessfully, he tried 419. . .lol. . .everything.I remember how he used to criticize the IBB and Abacha government those while drinking beer with his friends.He used to wish them evil, talk about how they should be executed by firing squad b;a bla bla. As soon as he became LGA chairman, he became a different person. . .lol.To cut the story short, this guy has at a mansions both in the village and in Lagos.The one in the hometown is estimated to me worth at least N90 million.I was there once and i can tell you, the only 9ja made thing there is the building blocks used to construct the edifice.All the fittings are imported, the main doors are italian, the inter connecting doors are those japanese "manga" things you see in Jet Li movies, the tiles,roofing, all that shit (All imported).

Back to the story at hand, grin grin grin this is a true reflection of Africans for you.All man na thief at heart. . .lol
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2009
They never fell from the mass and they are product of our so called society, however, with the fake and dumb security they have built around themselves, they have forgotten where they came from and now act like people with pins up their a$$

lol

Everybody does it especially we black people.Dude i don't know you but i can tell you one thing. . .if you were worth $50 billion USD today, you wouldn't give a Bleep who Seun Osewa is. . .hahahaha.It's true.You wouldn't even remember a website called nairaland.Your brain will deliberately "forget" some people.I have seen it happen even to those that never believed it could.

Na so life be or rather, BLACK MAN LIFE BE.

hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by SkyBlue1: 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2009
@mccloud I apologise for my lack of patience but I just don't see the need in posing the same question to you while you keep going off tangent. I really don't think I need to say anything new because it would simply be a repeat of what is in my previous posts. Go back to the post where I bolded the question posed to you. That was the focus, so why beat around the bush? If you cannot justify your earlier statement which I had a problem with then just let it go. There is no need continuing the discourse, I already see the futility in it. I am a bit tired and don't even feel like making an attempt at addressing your responses to my post which again kept going off focus. Anyways, no offence intended. Have a nice day.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by rookie(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Everybody does it especially we black people.Dude i don't know you but i can tell you one thing. . .if you were worth $50 billion USD today, you wouldn't give a mess who Seun Osewa is. . .hahahaha.It's true.You wouldn't even remember a website called nairaland.Your brain will deliberately "forget" some people.I have seen it happen even to those that never believed it could.

While i see where you are coming from, I must warn that it is the culture of selfishness and greed. This same culture undermines our mindset, foresight, and stagnates our progress as a people. You accurately stated that "Everybody does it especially we black people". So the question is how did we cultivate a disproportionate and overwhelming culture of selfishness and greed?

Poverty, among other causes, play a huge role. It's difficult to sustain our value system as a people when majority are largely impoverished. Even poor people despise poverty so much, and strive to escape it often at any cost. In the end all we have a society where by everyone is only concerned about self-aggrandizement. While this isn't necessary a bad thing, but a dangerous distraction. For instance most Nigerians worship money, and revere people that have it regardless of the source of their wealth. So much that we sell our vote for as little as N500.

Not until we can look beyond pursuing wealth alone, things will remain the same because anyone in position to make a change will fall short to the treachery of greed.

Until we elect leaders with rigid value systems that transcend greed, we remain in darkness!
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by fashbabe: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2009
The Nigeria factor and Cartel in the industry will NEVER allow a stable power supply in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by knight4u(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2009
CORRUPTION, the hydra-headed monster is our greatest headache in Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2009
The Nigeria factor and Cartel in the industry will NEVER allow a stable power supply in Nigeria.

Thank you.Do you know that Atiku's wife is the biggest importer of generator sets into Nigeria?These people profit from our darkness and they would rather die than let our people have light.Well, the thing is, all this nonsense can happen only becoz we allow it to happen.Lagosians alone can sabotage the NPA, burn hundreds of containers with generating sets and display signs of "NO MORE GEN, NO MORE GEN".Of course there will be looting and some blood shed but what must happen, has to happen.No change comes without some level of aggression (world wide common sense).

Instead, we "idolize" these people and worship the ground the walk on.So what happens?They WALK ALL OVER US.There are a lot of people even on NL here that would do anything to be in good books of the elite so all this talk about "bad leaders" is utter rubbish.The leaders are the people.Nigeria is one big sick animal with a lot of sick body organs.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by rookie(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Nigeria is one big sick animal with a lot of sick body organs.

So how do you plan to change it?
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
CORRUPTION, the hydra-headed monster is our greatest headache in Nigeria!

No!

This is a world wide problem.

Poverty of the mind is our problem here.Our mindset.Nothing else.Everybody wants to "hammer".Nobody is willing to make a sacrifice for the nation and you can blame them.In this country, they cry about bad leaders and talk rubbish about PDP from dusk till dawn but if their person gets into power, they will be the ones advicing them to do as "others" did.

If the person decides to be honest with government money, those same people will laugh at him/her and call the person a good-for-nothing.So tell me, how can we progress with such a mind set when EVERYBODY IN GOVERNMENT is after looting the treasury?
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
So how do you plan to change it?

Re-orientation.Sometimes, radical measures are needed to put this in place but what must be done, must be done.And i'm not talking about toothless media broadcasts.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by rookie(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
mccloud224:

Re-orientation.Sometimes, radical measures

If it's not a secret, please feel free to elaborate and share with us how you plan to contribute towards fixing the Nigerian mess?
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
I'll use one or two examples to illustrate.The Asian world used to be very corrupt (more than 9ja) decades ago.Everyone's destiny was determined by the ruling monarchy who were seen as the representatives of the gods on earth.Well, after a few defeats from warring enemies, it didn't take the people long to realize that these were just men like every one else.Also, they saw how advanced their enemies were and yearned for a change.To cut the story short, the monarchy in the Asian world is nothing more than a ceremonial thing (namely China,Japan,South Korea).The remaining are still catching up.Today, over there. . .some cases of corruption are punishable by death (50 years ago, this was unheard of). Lengthy jail sentences are the norm and any aspiring politician over there would check his/herself before contesting coz you can't even eat public funds.That is a death sentence on it's own.Collecting bribes can get your life plus life jail terms and if you are not careful, a possible death sentence if the people revolt.This is how mind set determines the progress of a nation.You forcefully inculcate it into the schools, from a tender age, the kids already know that "chop 1 chop" is a crime.In the work place,hospitals,army barracks, it must be enforced "NO ROOM FOR NONSENSE".Corruption is punishable by death.I tell you, the people will sit up over night and change their ways.

Germany inculcated this during the Nazi era although in a fashion that a of people might call barbaric.Even children spied and reported their parents who were thought to be disloyal.These are examples of how mind set can influence the growth or death of a nation.

I can go on and on but i hope you have an idea of how to radically change things in 9ja.It has to be with brute force and THERE WILL BE BLOOD! ! !

Make no mistake about it.That's the only language our people understand (brute in-humane force)
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by rookie(m): 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
@mccloud224

Thanks for putting much effort in sharing your ideological stance on how to rid corruption. Unfortunately, this did not address my question to you a bit.

Here is my question below.

rookie:

If it's not a secret, please feel free to elaborate and share with us how you plan to contribute towards fixing the Nigerian mess?
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by mccloud224(m): 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
What i can tell you is I've already started the cleansing within myself and close family.If i decide to get into politics, w'll see where it goes
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by agabaI23(m): 1:30am On Nov 04, 2009
I know we have corruption as a problem but is Russia better? Russians are one of the most corrupt people yet they are very developed.

When USSR disintegrated, people were begging for bread in the streets of Moscow but it took just a few years to turn Moscow into the house of bread and back to her place in the world as a world power all round.

Corruption is a problem but POWER CRISIS is a bigger problem. Italy is still moving forward but talk to any Italian about their system they will curse their leaders. Corruption is only an icing in the cake. Power crisis is the gulf.

Brash you are on the money.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by agabaI23(m): 1:32am On Nov 04, 2009
Off topic
The first post of this thread is the longest post from Brashy. Hmmmm good day! grin
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by assetstrip(m): 1:36am On Nov 04, 2009
I agree with mccloud, Nigerians need complete reorientation, forceful reorientation. Our moral fibre has been washed away by enforced poverty. Now the dilemma for us Naija's is how do we get the right leaders elected, how do we get rid of those who are perpetually in power and pulling the strings, i mean in practical terms how do we do it. This is what we should be discussing coz until votes count in Naija those blood suckers aint going nowhere.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 1:37am On Nov 04, 2009
mccloud224:

lol

Everybody does it especially we black people.Dude i don't know you but i can tell you one thing. . .if you were worth $50 billion USD today, you wouldn't give a mess who Seun Osewa is. . .hahahaha.It's true.You wouldn't even remember a website called nairaland.Your brain will deliberately "forget" some people.I have seen it happen even to those that never believed it could.

Na so life be or rather, BLACK MAN LIFE BE.

hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

if i worth that much, why would i give a damn about who seun arewa is? he is making his money as well, i will only care and worry about people that needed my help, those that are innocent and are bullied, those that are hungry and those that needed security.
I do understand where you coming from though, money has a way to make the most gentle man become an a$$.
But even sometimes, an a$$ cld be a great person and take care of biz when needed.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 1:41am On Nov 04, 2009
assetstrip:

I agree with mccloud, Nigerians need complete reorientation, forceful reorientation. Our moral fibre has been washed away by enforced poverty. Now the dilemma for us Naija's is how do we get the right leaders elected, how do we get rid of those who are perpetually in power and pulling the strings, i mean in practical terms how do we do it. This is what we should be discussing coz until votes count in Naija those blood suckers aint going nowhere.

That is very true, however, to change people's orientations, there is a lot of things that will have to change.
In Nigeria, everyone's guard is always up, everyone is always looking at evveryone as a suspect, a father will kill a child for wasting food cos that is the last bowl of rice or gari in the house, so in a society like hat, forget about re-orientation of people, they are hungry, they need help, they need jobs, they need security that they will see tomorrow at least, they wanna know that the candle they burning wont kill them, . . . .after that u can now talk of making people to change their way of thinking.
All they know at the moment is "gather all u can, put it in a can, sit on the can and give no fukc about no one else" for that to change . . . .give them help and make them feel like u care about them. . . .dont take away what they know to give them what they have no clue if you real or not.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by manny4life(m): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2009
In my own perspective, every successful economy requires a lot of input both from individuals and the government. A lot of Nigerians have the idea that they can't achieve their goals with out the help f the gov't, however this is somewhat correct. I believe Nigerians are really trying but then again its only in Nigeria I have seen where people try and the Govt in turn rather than support, they oppose little ideas or perhaps intimidate.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by assetstrip(m): 2:17am On Nov 04, 2009
Like i mentioned previously, a country cannot progress when it is in perpetual darkness. For a start if there is constant power (sounds so far away) then we can see where we are going as a country, metarphorically speaking. When there is constant power Naija will wake up from her slumber and then and only then will we have a chance of survival coz what we have now is not survival but a failed state
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Nov 04, 2009
assetstrip:

Like i mentioned previously, a country cannot progress when it is in perpetual darkness. For a start if there is constant power (sounds so far away) then we can see where we are going as a country, metarphorically speaking. When there is constant power Naija will wake up from her slumber and then and only then will we have a chance of survival coz what we have now is not survival but a failed state

i just wonder what is taking Nigeria so long to have this done, we wont be the one to invent the wheel, we will just be doing what other countries has done and done successfully, so i am just kinda lost, cos i ave no idea what is making it so difficult for \nigeria to have constant electricity, how can a govt of a nation with 150M people be parading themselves as the leader of a nation in total darkness, if shame no catch them, shame catch us the citizen.
Nigeria has the technical know how, we have the money, we have the resources, so someone please tell me what is stopping us, apart from some selfish fools and yet we call them biz tycoons
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Vavavoom(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i just wonder what is taking Nigeria so long to have this done, we wont be the one to invent the wheel, we will just be doing what other countries has done and done successfully, so i am just kinda lost, cos i ave no idea what is making it so difficult for \nigeria to have constant electricity, how can a govt of a nation with 150M people be parading themselves as the leader of a nation in total darkness, if shame no catch them, shame catch us the citizen.

Nigeria has the technical know how, we have the money, we have the resources, so someone please tell me what is stopping us, apart from some selfish fools and yet we call them biz tycoons

No, we wont invent no wheel, just like someone said earlier, the system is in comatose because people from within the cartel are benefitting and making handsome returns on the sale of diesel*Otedola Femi, sole importer and distributor of the product in 9ja* and heavy-duty generators* enter the Lenbanes(Saleh, Jubaili, Mikano et al) with OBJ & co as major importers* I wouldn't be shocked if the afforementioned are joint owners of the listed firms.

It's common knowledge that each consumer of electricity via diesel spends on the average more than 5 times monthly what (s)he would have spent if power was generated and supplied by PHCN. Try working with that figure and cost what it translates to for even 50,000 regular users. Every heavy industry on Trans Amadi industrial layout runs one of Saleh, Mikano or Jubaili on a daily basis! You begin to get why this won't go away. The cartel in power know that privatisation is the way out but won't willingly do it like the case of telecomms. Why we could do without making calls* that's why it was easy to privatise* the revenue that will be lost from the cartel's coffers is mind boggling! 1 in every 3 homes( ~50 Milliõn )have a gen set running on an average of at least 3 days weekly, multiply say 10 litres/3days(minimum) @ 75Naira/Litre. So 750 x 50 million! This wan na for fuel o! Imagine the ones for diesel! Just do that one for let's say 50,000 companies at 2 drums per week @ 26K/drum! lipsrsealed The turnover is just staggering. Naim make Otedola and Dangote fall out because of AP. Dangote feeds us rice, sugar and cement. Otedola feeds us pms and diesel. Both utmost monopolist in their various entreprises.

No laws to stop them, even if available are set uo by their cronies in government- the cartel who they are answerable to. We are in a quandary, a cyclical mess of scratch-my-back I scratch-your-own. Until we, the suffering stand up and fashion a way to stop these people they wont yield. How we go do am has been the case of many studies on NL wink
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Afam(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2009
That is why I say that the average Nigerian finds it very difficult to analyze issues and seek ways to free himself/herself from the shackles of these corrupt Nigerians.

After spending just N125,000.00 in a year to run a small generator I bought for only N13,500.00 I knew generator would certainly not be the way forward if I intend to run my business properly otherwise I will be working for the petrol station guys and their owners.

This made me to look for alternatives and I ended up doing a lot of research on alternative energy, six months later I settled for a locally built inverter backup system and for over 5 years now I have not used a generator and the total amount spent on the backup including changing of the battery bank for these years is still about N200,000.00 which translates to about N40,000.00 per year and it seems I will still see another 3 or 4 years from my inverter backup system before the battery bank begins to get tired.

And, I cannot work without electricity considering the fact that I am a software developer so this guarantees steady power supply even when I would have spent over N1M running generator in my office.

If Nigerians seek for alternatives the cartel will not force anyone to buy generator, fuel or diesel.

While I agree that the best way forward is for PHCN to generate power instead of turning typical Nigerians into alternative energy people the most cost effective solution for now remains a well designed inverter backup system.
Re: Nigeria: Power Crisis And Prosperity by Vavavoom(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
Afam:

That is why I say that the average Nigerian finds it very difficult to analyze issues and seek ways to free himself/herself from the shackles of these corrupt Nigerians.

After spending just N125,000.00 in a year to run a small generator I bought for only N13,500.00 I knew generator would certainly not be the way forward if I intend to run my business properly otherwise I will be working for the petrol station guys and their owners.

This made me to look for alternatives and I ended up doing a lot of research on alternative energy, six months later I settled for a locally built inverter backup system and for over 5 years now I have not used a generator and the total amount spent on the backup including changing of the battery bank for these years is still about N200,000.00 which translates to about N40,000.00 per year and it seems I will still see another 3 or 4 years from my inverter backup system before the battery bank begins to get tired.

And, I cannot work without electricity considering the fact that I am a software developer so this guarantees steady power supply even when I would have spent over N1M running generator in my office.

If Nigerians seek for alternatives the cartel will not force anyone to buy generator, fuel or diesel.

While I agree that the best way forward is for PHCN to generate power instead of turning typical Nigerians into alternative energy people the most cost effective solution for now remains a well designed inverter backup system.

yes, cost effective in the long run but how many Nigerians currently in the dark can afford the start-up capital for an inveter that can power their homes? An alternative that can cost as much as the I pass my neighbour and with equivalent service charge is am afraid non-existent. You rightly pointed out we could bouycot the cartel's product by looking and using available alternatives but comparatively how competitive are those alternatives? Keep in mind the aim is power for the non-affluent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Have No Intentions Of Joining APC'' - Obiano / Facebook Data Scandal: The Malicious Role Of Social Media In Today's Politics / Kogi Local Government Workers Say They Now Look To God For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.