Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,237 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate (56412 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Data Rate Increase: A Deliberate Mechanism To Reduce Social Media Influence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2016
Well, a company that already sells data @ 1GB for 1k does not need to increase data price;they could even increase it to 1.1GB @1K and still break even.
The floor price is 0.90k/MB which means telcos that have been selling above the minimum price does not have any business in increasing their data tariff except if they just want to make more profit out of greed.
See, this is social media;there is just no reason why you should continue to insult people you do not know.

Ok fine, i agree with you that 0.90k/MB means increase in data tariff by some telcos but you don't have to be insulting in order to make your points.

Abuleoshi:

How market? Are you sticking with your story or you want to change it now?
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by kennyanju(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2016

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
calyto:
Well, a company that already sells data @ 1GB for 1k does not need to increase data price;they could even increase it to 1.1GB @1K and still break even.
The floor price is 0.90k/MB which means telcos that have been selling above the minimum price does not have any business in increasing their data tariff except if they just want to make more profit out of greed.
See, this is social media;there is just no reason why you should continue to insult people you do not know.

Ok fine, i agree with you that 0.90k/MB means increase in data tariff by some telcos but you don't have to be insulting in order to make your points.

Mr Man you discredited the Topic because you wanted people to think you work in the Telecoms industry. The fact you sell Recharge card in front of Glo office and hear Glo staff gist about the industry does not make you a Glo staff or Telecoms industry professional. Stick with your recharge card business than discussing issues you no nothing about!

1 Like

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
@ Calyto shebi you said it was not NCC that asked Telecos not to increase tariff ? You went on and on how Glo dis and Glo dat, see yourself now? smh
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ok sir.
Are you happy now?

Abuleoshi:

Mr Man you discredited the Topic because you wanted people to think you work in the Telecoms industry. The fact you sell Recharge card in front of Glo office and hear Glo staff gist about the industry does not make you a Glo staff or Telecoms industry professional. Stick with your recharge card business than discussing issues you no nothing about!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by calyto: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
I am not denying that i typed this. And I started by saying that your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.
I said it is mixed with falsehood because no telco will reduce data tariff to as low as 500mb for 1k when they can go as high as 1.1GB for 1k with the new floor price of .90k/mb.
And what i was trying so hard to explain is that- There was a need to fix a floor price because wholesalers like Glo can push other smaller telcos out of the market which they're already doing.
If Etisalat sales data for 0.94k/mb already for instance, it won't be totally correct that they'll have no choice than to increase their data tariff since the new NCC benchmark is 0.90k/mb.(Except if they're been greedy)

I also talked about job loss and what i meant is- If smaller telcos like Smile, Spectranet etc are out-muscled and pushed out of the mkt their employees will become unemployed.

And i was always trying to use Glo in my instances because they became predators and not competitors because of the advantage that they have by owning Glo-1.
And lastly @Abuleoshi, if you feel that i in anyway said things that made you offended, I AM SORRY. Let's move on

Abuleoshi:

Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
calyto:
I am not denying that i typed this. And I started by saying that your statement is mixed with truth and falsehood.
I said it is mixed with falsehood because no telco will reduce data tariff to as low as 500mb for 1k when they can go as high as 1.1GB for 1k with the new floor price of .90k/mb.
And what i was trying so hard to explain is that- There was a need to fix a floor price because wholesalers like Glo can push other smaller telcos out of the market which they're already doing.
If Etisalat sales data for 0.94k/mb already for instance, it won't be totally correct that they'll have no choice than to increase their data tariff since the new NCC benchmark is 0.90k/mb.(Except if they're been greedy)

I also talked about job loss and what i meant is- If smaller telcos like Smile, Spectranet etc are out-muscled and pushed out of the mkt their employees will become unemployed.

And i was always trying to use Glo in my instances because they became predators and not competitors because of the advantage that they have by owning Glo-1.
And lastly @Abuleoshi, if you feel that i in anyway said things that made you offended, I AM SORRY. Let's move on

Not a problem cos NCC has cancelled the supposed increment. so my aim has been achieved. The whole essence of starting the thread was to inform Nigerians of the planned increase so they can protest against it. so all that starts well ends well!
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by dustmalik: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Not a problem cos NCC has cancelled the supposed increment. so my aim has been achieved. The whole essence of starting the thread was to inform Nigerians of the planned increase so they can protest against it. so all that starts well ends well!
I don't think cancel is the right word. NCC merely suspended the increment, pending the so-called further phantom consultations with stakeholders. The price increment will eventually be implemented.
Re: GSM Companies To Increase Data Rate by Abuleoshi: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
dustmalik:

I don't think cancel is the right word. NCC merely suspended the increment, pending the so-called further phantom consultations with stakeholders. The price increment will eventually be implemented.

If Nigerians let them naa...they have seen the effect. fear no go let them.

Even Buhari and his top security guys know that the people have been pushed to the wall, na small thing go cause the revolution. well done Nigerians, there was no APC or PDP in this "no data hike protest". Revolution start from small protests which then grows into National problem. You think Buhari does not get daily briefing on security issues? the security Ogas go don tell Baba, "these NCC people want to scatter your government ooh". Baba go carry Phone call NCC boss "i heard you want to swatter my goberment, if i dont rebert vack to za vomer frice, i will call za DSS to come after you". Who born NCC Boss not to release press statement sharply say No price increase again. the issue has died a natural death.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna GSM Village Launched By Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / Glo Reduces Data Volume / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.